The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    They said they will star the ceremony by serving tea to the family. Hope they coded in the good china teaset. 🤣
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited February 2022
    FINALLY SOME REAL PACK NEWS TO LOOK FORWARD TO!

And Im really liking what Im seeing so far! Having the wedding party, rehearsal dinner, HOPEFULLY SIMS SITTING THE HECK DOWN DURING THE CEREMONY, possible new world? This is looking great to me already. And if it is coming soon, (on the day I leave for vacation no less xD) then an official trailer should be coming!

Im hoping for a really good collection of wedding garb. AND VEILS!! Every time I have a wedding, I just use my cc wedding dresses since the ones in-game arent to my liking. And maybe a wedding venue lot?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm not concerned by this gameplay (only 2 wedding in my game since 2014)
    but I'm very interested by the CAS content and the world.

Yet another Game Pack used as a Stuff Pack.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm not concerned by this gameplay (only 2 wedding in my game since 2014)
    but I'm very interested by the CAS content and the world.

Yet another Game Pack used as a Stuff Pack.

For you, perhaps. For many of us, we've been waiting for a nice, big pack for weddings.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    Still don't really see why weddings need to be a game pack to be honest, but the execution looks good and NEW WORLD! If this is the Southern European world I've been begging for for many years I'll be happy even if the gameplay doesn't give me much use :)

Also I have to say that with this pack, I hope they've fixed the existing bugs with weddings.. I've had so many weddings in this game in the past that have been so bugged that I just don't bother with them anymore :#
  • LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member
    Just please please give us slow dancing at least, i have low expectations for any other romantic interactions but slow dancing would at least be something lmao
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'll admit that the title "My Wedding Stories" definitely made me nervous at first since it seemed to be implying that this would indeed be DHD 2.0, but with a wedding planner career and was really disappointed.

But now, after reading the supposed description (if it's even real...) my interest is starting to spike back up a little.
    "Make the most out of your last night without a spouse" definitely makes me think of Bachelor/ette parties which is was one of the things I was hoping for, along with slow dancing and honeymoons.

While I'm trying not to get mine (or anyone else's) hopes up, I don't think we can totally rule out an attraction system as of yet. Especially since I feel that would come in a pre-pack basegame update anyway?

Still, my hope is definitely renewed seeing the description, and I can only hope we get slow dancing and/or honeymoons.

Also, the new world sounds intriguing!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2022
    Wow this seems like an amazing pack based on pics and description👏👏👏 a new world with a beach too?!! Yessssss!!
    I mean I still don't have weddings or play too much romance in my games so it's a bit of a let down that it's not more general romance as I was hoping.
    However, for a wedding pack this sounds pretty amazing 😲 they're going to force my sims to commit in the middle of an apocalypse 😂😂 because I just HAVE to have a sim walk down the aisle. Lol
    Plus it could still include crushes or attraction and stuff. Everything has not been revealed.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I think it mentioned dance somewhere in the description too😏 at this point it would silly NOT to include slow dancing.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    Ohh I didn't really care that much about the wedding aspect of it but if it comes with a new world I'm here for it. Most likely a mini world but I'm cool with that. It's been so long since I've played a wedding so probably gonna do that to have the whole experience of the pack.
    I must admit, as much as I want swamps,caves and haunted eerie worlds, I'm more excited than I should be for this new beach world 😳
    Island living has always been my number 1 and Sulani is amazing. I always wanted a more regular beach world that's not a whole Island. I'm so curious to see this entire new world.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    I hope, they included somehow breaking porcellain before the wedding ceremony, otherwise that marriage will be unlucky. Breaking the porcelain and make noises is for shooing the demons away.

For all non-german further explanation here

But I fear, that's something they would not including and I would be very disappointed if I keep my expectation for this on a high level. But yes, for me that tradition very important. :)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member

Those windows in the background look like they could be in the south of France. I love the new flower stand and cake shop. Can't wait to play this pack. 😊
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited February 2022

I love the the hair of the guy on the left! Finally some short hair that is not so big and high!

PS: The world looks Italian to me (also the name Tartosa sounds Italian).
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited February 2022
    People on Twitter have speculated the beach is Sulani but I don't think EA uses worlds in other packs to show off a new pack.
    No, it sounds like there is a new beach world called Tartosa. In the screenshots I also saw a new buffet table, I hope it has a few different food set ups ( like Spanish, Indian, American, etc. ). And it talks as if we might get a new category for wedding clothes or something since we get to pick our clothes and flowers at least I’m hoping so. Looks like there is a new flower shop and is that a cake shop? I wonder if we will have a choice of wedding rings to pick for our sims? There was a veil on one of the female wedding sims. I’m hoping it’s not tied to the hair, that we can actually pick hair accessories.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    This has been my most wanted pack for a long time. I'm excited!
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2022
    The pack looks AMAZING!!! I love that you can plan every little detail, even down to the cake, lol. I wasn’t expecting a new world, either.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    There were quite a bit of people on Twitter wondering if it’s fake. They must be new here :lol:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    With days-long weddings, University, Batuu etc., they urgently need to enable custom durations for the different age groups. I need way more time for young adults, children and teens, but I don't want to expand the rest. And I don't want to manually stop aging all the time.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    oof, I wonder if they had planned a big marketing event for this pack, and now everything got leaked.

Nice to know that there is going to be a new world though, hopefully with more than 4 lots.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    For many the selling point will be a new world. A concern is that EA being all inclusive, how many sorts of weddings can you plan since wedding ceremonies differ greatly around our globe.The smashing of glaces for example, can be met with "What the feck are you doing to our china!" in another culture. Like DHD was centered around build and buy, maybe this is centered around CAS since the amount of new clothes will be enormous.
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    I'm really excited about the potential for a new world but I hope none of the gameplay content is locked into that world and there is enough space for more than just the gameplay. I don't want to have to send all my Sims to a new world just to like buy their flowers or cake for their weddings. I want to be able to disperse the gameplay throughout the world's and use this world as I see fit.
    logion wrote: »
    oof, I wonder if they had planned a big marketing event for this pack, and now everything got leaked.

Nice to know that there is going to be a new world though, hopefully with more than 4 lots.

I don't think so, the "leaks" are always part of the marketing campaign because we love them so.
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    Great. Now I can't play my game. haha. Was trying so much not to be too excited, but these leaks have me excited and.. now I don't want any of my Sims to get married!