The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know the all in one bathroom?

Is this what it looks like inside?

aGw6N22.jpg
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

  • Options
    VyneVyne Posts: 43 Member
    I have not know this.
    0zd1knkd2pmo.jpg
    The fate is always on your hands.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2022
    @king_of_simcity7 - Yes, but only the cheaper versions work like that. Not only are the more expensive versions fitted with marvels of science rather than old fixtures to do what they need to, they also figured out how to hang the towels and toilet paper away from the streams of cleansing water. :D
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Daaphee1Daaphee1 Posts: 3 New Member
    That look exactly like a bathroom I had in a hotel in Italy back in 2015 :D HAHA
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,653 Member
    BAHA!

    I would imagine that it does look like that, both extremely functional and dysfunctional at the same time.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I want that in real life but with a soaking bath too for sitting upright, up to my neck.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2022
    And in which direction do you guys believe that water is flowing? Look at the picture again carefully. Gravity is not the only force on this or any other planet. >:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @igazor You could actually had a toilet that doubled as a shower at one stage. Just make sure there is something stopping the ball valve closing properly and allow the water to continue in and eventually it would have to go out the overflow. What a better way to put the overflow right at the front rather than the side? :lol:

    LawleyLynxCistern4_zps9bf52af2.jpg

    hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCOgCEMoBSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLDc9mkBN27Va3f6dNKX02ABKOuXsw
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,434 Member
    quote="igazor;c-18036787"]Gravity is not the only force on this or any other planet. >:) [/quote]

    @igazor - definitely. Considering how much inertia, friction and vacuum plays into how water is propelled into and through the pipes and at what velocity, but I doubt anyone here wants a long boring lecture on physics. 😁
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2022
    igazor wrote: »
    Gravity is not the only force on this or any other planet. >:)

    @igazor - definitely. Considering how much inertia, friction and vacuum plays into how water is propelled into and through the pipes and at what velocity, but I doubt anyone here wants a long boring lecture on physics. 😁
    They actually might, if they are standing in a bathroom scratching their heads and wondering why the water is propelling itself from the toilet up into the shower head. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,434 Member
    I’d be getting out of the way… if that’s the case 🤣
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    OK, smart guys. If the water is going from the toilet to the showerhead, why is the spray at the toilet level wider than the opening in the seat? And why is the seat covered with drops of water?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2022
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    OK, smart guys. If the water is going from the toilet to the showerhead, why is the spray at the toilet level wider than the opening in the seat?
    It's an optical illusion brought about by a force similar to that which creates whirlpools -- water being spread out then forced into a restrictive tunnel.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    And why is the seat covered with drops of water?
    Were you there prior to see if the seat was wet or dry before this started happening?

    Some of this also has to do with the relative intelligence level of the water. I am not a huge Dr. Who fan, but a friend of mine used to (more or less) make me binge watch with him many years ago and I remember this being an issue over a couple of episodes. Don't ask me which season, I wouldn't be able to tell, but I might be able to point out which Doctor it was. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,221 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 - Okay, I'm just imagining what a Sim might see when they step into their all-in-one. Since I can't remember right now if the all-in-ones take up 1 or 2 floor tiles. I'll start with a two-tile guess.

    I think the shower would be located on the ceiling - not the wall. It would not be above the toilet but, rather in front of it. There would also have to be a drain of some sort nearby to let the water out. The drain would probably be located on the floor in front of the toilet. One thing we know for certain is there's no sink in there because Sims can't use it to wash their hands.

    If it a single tile, it could work like a miniaturized enclosed version of the 'Not So Routine Machine' where everything rises from the floor. Or, they have developed SimNation's first retractable/embedded toilet :D! Hey, anything is possible with advanced Sim technology! ;)
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @mw1525 You are correct on the number of tiles. But you're wrong about there not being a sink. Don't ask me where it is, because logically, there is no room. But if you send your sim in there and listen, after a few moments, you'll hear the toilet flush. Then you'll hear the sim washing their hands in the sink. Finally, you hear the shower. Then the sim comes out. Maybe the sink is above the toilet tank.
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,221 Member
    @IreneSwift - Really?! I didn't know there were sound effects associated with this item. I just directed them to it when they needed to use it and quickly moved on to something else. Since there are no visuals/animations involved with it, there was no need for me to stick around.

    In that case, maybe the sink portion of the All-in-One operates like the hand sanitizing feature of the 'Uber Sani-Sim Toilet', only instead of a mist it may channel clean tank water for the purpose of hand washing. Yep, that's the best my imagination/to reality can come up with :) .
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @igazor There was the 1965 Dr Who film with the policeman going into the tardis and fainting. I guess that the TS3 all in one bathroom works in a similar way:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnmSc3nGBsA
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited January 2022
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @mw1525 You are correct on the number of tiles. But you're wrong about there not being a sink. Don't ask me where it is, because logically, there is no room. But if you send your sim in there and listen, after a few moments, you'll hear the toilet flush. Then you'll hear the sim washing their hands in the sink. Finally, you hear the shower. Then the sim comes out. Maybe the sink is above the toilet tank.

    That was my expectation, that it would be atop the toilet tank, like your typical oversight.

    In fact I wish I could have one of those for my game, because I like tiny living and it's not possible without being able to combine and condense in those practical ways that are already easy and normal irl.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,434 Member
    edited January 2022
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @mw1525 You are correct on the number of tiles. But you're wrong about there not being a sink. Don't ask me where it is, because logically, there is no room. But if you send your sim in there and listen, after a few moments, you'll hear the toilet flush. Then you'll hear the sim washing their hands in the sink. Finally, you hear the shower. Then the sim comes out. Maybe the sink is above the toilet tank.

    That was my expectation, that it would be atop the toilet tank, like your typical oversight.

    In fact I wish I could have one of those for my game, because I like tiny living and it's not possible without being able to combine and condense in those practical ways that are already easy and normal irl.

    I think I just lost my appetite.
    giphy.gif
    "Hey, Sim... wash your hands AT THE KITCHEN SINK...before you touch any food, thanks..."
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top