Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding San Myshuno - Recreation Center (SanMyshuno Youth Center) on page 4

SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
edited February 16 in Nominated Threads
Hi everyone!

I have a new Sims project : rebuilding San Myshuno. I'll be making new community lots, redecorating apartments and creating new sims (as well as playing them a little so they'll have a history, relationships, skills and careers). It's a new challenge for me as well as a means of creating a different world, using many different packs, to set my next legacy in. This will take a while, but hopefully I'll keep at it, especially now that I'm sharing it. I'll be adding all lots and sims to the gallery as I go. I'm not sure if I'll ever share the save at any point (I don't even know how to), but maybe I will, if I figure it out and people say they are interested.

Here, I'll be adding pictures of the lots and sims, explaining my vision for them a little and keeping you all up to date on the progress.

Feel free to discuss my creations, and if you do use them, tell me how! I'm always curious to find out what happens to lots and sims I add to the gallery.

Considering how many things will be in this thread, here is a quick rundown of what you will find in the following pages :
Page 1 : San Myshuno Arts Center
Page 2 : Rooftop italian restaurant for the Arts Quarter and a few apartments for the same area (the two Hakim House ones) and one apartment for the Spice Market.
Page 3 : A Botanical Garden to replace Myshuno Meadows, all remaining Arts Quarter apartments (Medina studios), and one apartment for the Culpepper building in the Spice Market.
Page 4 : A warehouse converted to a recreation center on the docks of the Spice Market.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited January 2022
    What do you plan to build on each community lot?

I don't know what to do in mine, so I'm searching for inspirations myself. I plan to rebuild every worlds this year.

I think I will keep the karaoke bar in the Fashion district and I plan to do a fancy, experimental food restaurant to replace the lounge in Uptown and probably keep the gym and the art gallery where they are. But, I don't know what to do in the Spice district: a café (starbuck style), a nightclub, a bowling, a fastfood restaurant? Also, I don't know if I should use the penthouses as residential or community lots? In Myshuno Meadows (central park), I will probably build a botanical garden+wedding venue.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member
    Hi! I'm still new to forums, but been simming forever.
    I find rebuilding worlds to be a fascinating endeavor, but also hard work! Something I always wanted to ask: do you know what you want for each lot before you start? or do you just start building and trust your gut?
    Check out my gallery #bbdarlingo8s
    Go to my Build Showcase 🏡
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I actually gave myself this project a long time ago, but I started with what was probably the most ambitious build of them all, and the scope of the project, a lighting glitch I had to learn to live with (and cover-up slightly) and a very busy schedule in 2021 meant it took... almost a year to complete it? Anyways, here is the first new build for my version of San Myshuno : the San Myshuno Arts Center.

I wanted the ground floor to feel like a proper theater with backstage area, making use of Get Famous. Upstairs includes areas for people to learn new skills, and some things to keep children and toddlers entertained. There's a dance studio, recording room (sorta), rooms for music classes and an area for painting. I intend to create a few clubs so that sims will use the different objects at their disposal when visiting.

Anyway, here are some pictures. If you want to see more, you can check Imgur : https://imgur.com/a/BhrAc7V Here is the link to the gallery as well : Gallery link

kAz6zdu.png

tuE66me.png

nyBIdJy.png

rbVr2wt.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    It is great that you are rebuilding San Myshuno! :)
    The San Myshuno Arts Center is a lovely build! :) The exterior design is very great! Very nice nice roofing and balcony windows. The platforming of the front patio area is very great! The interior furnishing and layout is lovely! Very nice design of each area! The theatre area with a backstage room is very nice. The art gallery, easel painting, music and dance areas are lovely! It is nice that there a fenced kids play area for them to have fun whilst their family are doing other activities at the venue
    It is a very nice venue to visit :)
    @Skyrryx Oh! I love the idea of a botanical garden! Do you mind if I draw from that? It's the one non-apartment lot I still hadn't quite figured out what to do with, except for the fact that I intend to include a dog park in one corner for the city-folk who have dogs, and a skating rink (It's that or reusing my old mall build).

As for the other lots, I'll be making community lots on all the non-apartment ones XD I'm just not very inspired for penthouses.

In the arts quarter, I made the arts center in the same place as the old one, and I'll add a rooftop italian restaurant. In the financial quarter, I'll add a spa (there's a place where I live called SkySpa : I'll be drawing inspiration from that) and a coffee shop with plenty of workspace. I'll keep the karaoke bar in the fashion district as well (just building a new one, not sure yet what kind of aesthetic I'll be going for) and, on the penthouse lot, I'm thinking of adding a very trendy fashion store with a photo studio and a kind of club area in the back for exclusive parties. As for the Spice district, I want to add in a "youth center" or something like it as a rental for travelling sims, and I'll probably build a little farmer's market (maybe with a couple shops on one end of the lot), which I have yet to decide if I'll set up as a store or a community space. Feel free to draw inspiration from any of this :)

I like the idea of a café or bowling alley place, though. Those sound fun. Fast food would be nice too, but I find it difficult to reconciliate with the way restaurants work in Sims4, and there are plenty of food stalls in the area.
    @bbdarling08s Welcome to the forums!

As you may have seen above, I do have a general idea of what kind of lots (and families) I want in each area, because I want to make sure I know where the community lots will be and what kind of activity will happen in each neighborhood. I have kind of a story in mind for some sims as well. In other worlds, I'd try to have a general idea of the kind of architecture I want in each neighborhood to keep it consistent, but I don't really plan every detail ahead, and I like to let inspiration take me where it will in the moment when I get to the interiors.

Maybe I should plan more, though. I've seen a lot of youtubers rebuild worlds and they often seem to really know how each build is going to relate to the others. It's part of what makes San Myshuno easier as a first neighborhood rebuild project, since there are very few exteriors to fidget around with, and they are quite far apart.
    @rosemow Thank you for the kind comments! :) It was fun to build.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Lovely build, very creative.
    edited January 2022
    @SerraNolwen Ideas are meant to be shared! Feel free to use it. ;) I love the stage idea and the music and dance studio for the Art Center. <3 I never thought about doing that. Personally, I use this image below to feel the vibe of a world. So, this is why, for me, San Myshuno is more a night life/party place, hence why I want places like nightclub, karaoke, restaurant, café, etc. to go. I thought about doing a clothing store+studio photo in the penthouse of the fashion district, but currently the game bug, because of the mannequins. Edit: Maybe, I will build a nightclub like in the tv show Lucifer on top of it? Still not sure about that :D .
    sapq0wt3o1b71.png
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
    @logion Thank you!

@Skyrryx That's a nice image, with the descriptions of each world! Do you happen to have a link to a bigger version?

I can see how you end up having this idea of San Myshuno, and it does fit really nicely. In fact, that's what I'm looking for in the Fashion district. For me, it's really just that I don't tend to play the nightlife all that much, so I don't want too many lots like that, and I want each world to feel as complete as it can. When I play legacies, for the most part, I try to have my sims go to different worlds only for specific occasions (university, worlds that are similar enough for me to imagine they are nearby) or for a vacation on a rental lot, so I need plenty of different lots in one world, and things for every category of sim XD.

A club like in Lucifer would be really cool! I do wish we could make dual-purpose lots, basically picking two lot types and attributing rooms to each or something.
    Really lovely build and so thoughtful - love the performing arts space!

I really like the idea of the dog park; that's so real
    edited January 2022
    @SerraNolwen I found it there : https://i.redd.it/sapq0wt3o1b71.png
    But I found a updated version of it (although it still miss Henford-on-Bagley): https://i.redd.it/jnm59zq450z51.jpg

@bbdarling08s Do you know what you want for each lot before you start? or do you just start building and trust your gut?
    For me, I always build with an idea in mind before, otherwise I just stare at a blank space for too much time. :D
    It can be a floor plan I found and want to use it somewhere (mainly for residential lots), a gameplay idea (complete every collections in game and want to showcase it in a dedicaced museum (natural history/space & technologies/maritime & town history/hall of fame), collect every paintings a sim can make with the skill and place it in a art museum/art center), a specific lot in game with a particuliar surrounding (the magic HQ in the spellcaster world, the university world in Britchester), an architecture detail I saw IRL or in photos and I want to incorpore it in a build. But usually, I don't have a complete idea of what I want before I build. I always adjust as I go, because of the various limitations of the game. Also, I always have with me a notebook to write and draw my ideas (it's really messy in it ;) ).
    @Skyrryx thanks for sharing those details about your creative process
    I always go back and forth on how much to think about what I'm going to build cuz yes! I too find myself staring blankly - that's so relatable :#
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,791 Member
    edited January 2022
    I adore your Arts Center! So awesome!! Following :)
    Post edited by Lissykin on
    @bbdarlingo8s Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I really want to include the dog park. I pass by one every day after work, so I figured it would be a nice addition since dogs are kinda hard to take care of in San Myshuno.

@Skyrryx Thank you for the link! It might give some inspiration, especially when I'm planning rental lots.

@Lissykin Thanks :) I'll keep everyone up to date.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,125 Member
    Your Arts Center is awesome! Great job.

I can't wait to see your progress. Rebuilding the worlds is a hard task but when it comes together, it's so rewarding.

It took me a couple of years to rebuild every world and make all new sims. That was mostly due to my indecisiveness. Now, I'm caught up and only have to build for each new pack that's released.

If you do decide to share it, you can use SimsFileShare. You have to have a code to make an account. You can get a code from another user. There used to be a thread here on the forums (I think in the creative section) to ask for one. That's what I did.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    @rosemow I had no idea they even did these showcases. Thanks for letting me know! :D

@SweetieWright_84 I hope I'll be able to see this project through. I know it's going to take quite a while, because I can't play all that much throughout the week, but I'll do my best to at least do a little bit every week. Thanks for letting me know how to share savefiles. Maybe I will at some point.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,831 Member
    I'm enjoying following your progress @SerraNolwen :) I've been playing a rotation game in San Myshuno since last spring, using all the premades and one married couple I created. I really wish there were more community lots. Your Arts Center is so pretty! I look forward to seeing how you get on :)

I hope I'll be able to see this project through. I know it's going to take quite a while, because I can't play all that much throughout the week, but I'll do my best to at least do a little bit every week. Thanks for letting me know how to share savefiles. Maybe I will at some point.

You're very welcome.

For me, the more I did and the more things started to progress, the more I wanted to do. As I saw things start to take shape, the more it inspired me to keep going. It's time-consuming and, at times, frustrating, but it's a lot of fun. It gave me such a sense of accomplishment that I actually continued.
    @mightysprite Thanks! I hope what I build on the penthouse lots can be of use to you, in that case. :)

@SweetieWright_84 I think I'll probably feel the same so long as I can keep up the energy for building in the few hours of free time I have each week. I just landed a job I didn't think I would have this semester, so I'll be quite busy.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Congratulations @SerraNolwen on being featured in this week's Friday Highlights B)<3! This is an awesome thread B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

@SerraNolwen congrats on the feature - and your new job
    that's exciting - wishing you well :)
    I think I'll probably feel the same so long as I can keep up the energy for building in the few hours of free time I have each week. I just landed a job I didn't think I would have this semester, so I'll be quite busy.

Congratulations on the new job.
    So, I'm well overdue for a little update here. :) I haven't managed to spend much time on Sims4 these past few days, but I'm currently focusing on a few households I want to add and play for a while. I've added one to the gallery today, the Greco family, which are straight out of CAS. If I ever upload the savefile, they will not be like that anymore. I intend to play them a little to give them some skills, careers and relationships, then I will age them. I have plans for them? Should I share it now, or later? Or even leave it as a surprise?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top