Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ice Hockey in TS4?

One of the fastest team sports on ice - Would you like to see it implemented in TS4? If so, what would you want, more in detail, to be added to such a Pack?

I'd like:
- Ice Hockey Rinks/Arenas
- Improved Skating Styles
- Ice Hockey Teams
- Ice Hockey Gears & Equipment
- A Pro Hockey Career

(: Your turn now!

Z5yqGx5.png

Comments

• kad1116akad1116a Posts: 12 New Member
    A Sports Pack. Improvement to soccer and basketball while added new sports and actual competitive interaction.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'll take any team sport that lets us pit teams of sims against other teams. One on one just doesn't scratch that itch. Since animations will be complex and taxing for older computers, I think one sport is the maximum we should get our hopes up for, most likely soccer, but icehocky would be a cool alternative.

For sports teams I'd love merchandise (posters, cups and basecaps) that automatically take on the logo we choose for our club and the face of our top player(s). If possible I'd also love their trikots have the club name and logo on and on the back display the player's number and surname. I don't know if that's possible (atm I fake it with cc for my basketball team), but it would be neat.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    Helmet hair
    Hockey jerseys in CAS
    Hockey gear in build buy
    The dela da da da! Score! Music in simish
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Why not, it's a great idea. I have few Sims that would be very interested of being ice hockey players. :)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited January 2022
    I would love to see ice hockey teams, as I like going to the games in real life. I would also like to see baseball, even if it’s only tossing a ball to each other with mitts as I have an athletic sim that is my baseball player….. he could at least be able to play catch with a son or daughter, and keep a ball and mitt on a shelf or dresser. Also, I would like to see volleyball where 2-8 players can play. Some baseball caps with team logo’s would be nice too.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Hockey fights. 🥊
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I have no interest in sports.
  • DJAXDJAX Posts: 18 Member
    I vaguely remember back when discover university came out, the gurus said that soccer games were rabbit holes because fully implementing soccer or sports in general would be to difficult to implement properly and that the most they would ever do was give us the ability to do would be to play with a ball like we can with basketballs in city living and soccer balls in discover university, but I could be wrong and the gurus didn’t say this and it was just speculation I read somewhere
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    DJAX wrote: »
    I vaguely remember back when discover university came out, the gurus said that soccer games were rabbit holes because fully implementing soccer or sports in general would be to difficult to implement properly and that the most they would ever do was give us the ability to do would be to play with a ball like we can with basketballs in city living and soccer balls in discover university, but I could be wrong and the gurus didn’t say this and it was just speculation I read somewhere

Yeah I think they might have a problem with animations that require two sims. That could explain why dancing together doesn't really mean they are dancing together and they are just dancing separately beside each other. And it's not possible to play 1v1 basketball game and sims just take turns shooting hoops. There is the water balloon fights that involve multiple sims but those are not that smooth and I think that's why they don't have much animations like that. Could be the sims 4 engine or smth
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Yes - once they work out animations and interactions for a team-versus-team soccer game, they've effectively made a whole separate game.

It'd be nice if activities (fishing, sports, visiting a cave, video-gaming) had minigames, but it'd be something quite different to what we've been getting. A place for a modder with a lot of time, perhaps.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    They don't have to add a full game with a whole team. They could just add 2 or 3 sims gameplay, with one of the sims being a goalkeeper.
  • The_Black_KnightThe_Black_Knight Posts: 9 New Member
    I've been wanting them to update the Sports system (career) in the game. After they had the famous pack, I was expecting them to start to include sports athletes. Perhaps include an advanced system with different sports (football, basketball, soccer, MMA, Hockey, etc.) and maybe even have different teams for different sim worlds.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I would love to see ice hockey in the ice rink. And curling too. A competitive roller derby in the roller skate rink.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    A lot of that would be nice we really need a real sports expansion. Improved skating arena outfits a team feature that could work somewhat like the club feature where team outfits and possibly positions played could be set and a few animations where they could play together practicing would be great.

Sims 4 take turn sports has been horribly boring to watch be it robotic basketball and bowling or that solo Sim kicking around a soccer ball I guess I would not hate that as much if they added a net like Sims 2 to actually expand on it great my Sim can kick a ball just not with friends.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    A sports expansion would be pretty interesting. If there were sports to represent each season, perhaps, that would present a good range of possibilities:
    Ice Hockey (as per topic) in Winter.
    Cross Country in Autumn.
    Futsal in Spring.
    Maybe Athletics or Swimming for Summer?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Wow that would be amazing!!😲😲😲 love these ideas. I'm up for any sports and competicion! Definitely want free skating too.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,898 Member

Those are all really cool ideas, id love to finally see ice/roller hockey. Add it curling, figure skating and etc. Im all in (i tried some mod skates but it was bogus i took em off). And imho based on what the devs did with Skiing animations in Snowy Escape, next step i hope is Hockey... and Curling and maybe also Figure Skating it would make for an awesome sports pack, id love that !!!!
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Hockey fights. 🥊

Now you're talking! x)
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    A lot of that would be nice we really need a real sports expansion. Improved skating arena outfits a team feature that could work somewhat like the club feature where team outfits and possibly positions played could be set and a few animations where they could play together practicing would be great.

Sims 4 take turn sports has been horribly boring to watch be it robotic basketball and bowling or that solo Sim kicking around a soccer ball I guess I would not hate that as much if they added a net like Sims 2 to actually expand on it great my Sim can kick a ball just not with friends.

I agree! I really think TS4 is ready for a real Sports EP - And hopefully they'll take on a team sport this time - (: Ice Hockey preferably - even if it would mean it had to be implemented in ways the game can handle. It would also be cool if sims could buy tickets and go watch live hockey games! And for someone like me - that basically spent their whole childhood in the ice rink - it would make a lot of sense if kids could practise hockey too.

Z5yqGx5.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Pickup hockey, with a few Sims per side, would be awesome. Plus the same for street hockey.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Yes to everything!!!!
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RGr4K76kvlw

✨❄️✨❄️✨❄️✨
    I’d love-love-LOVE to have ice hockey in TS4 just as much as I dislikes the fact that irl ice hockey players (unintentionally…) ruins the ice for us figure skaters sometimes… ^^’ It would seriously be the best EP/GP ever!! =D

• SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Pickup hockey, with a few Sims per side, would be awesome. Plus the same for street hockey.

(: Having grown up when staying out late and playing street hockey was the norm (especially in the summers) I completely agree! We need more of these random events - It contributes to the right kind of ambiance in my opinion.

Z5yqGx5.png
  • CuriousCarrotTopCuriousCarrotTop Posts: 43 Member
    > @DJAX said:
    > I vaguely remember back when discover university came out, the gurus said that soccer games were rabbit holes because fully implementing soccer or sports in general would be to difficult to implement properly and that the most they would ever do was give us the ability to do would be to play with a ball like we can with basketballs in city living and soccer balls in discover university, but I could be wrong and the gurus didn’t say this and it was just speculation I read somewhere

yeah I'd love to see hockey, it's my favorite sport irl, but if this it still the case it'd be hard for them to animate it. I'd love a sports pack though where we get a few more sports objects and career/hobby options. Like a clubs/teams for kids and teens, maybe even "sports camp" where they can go away for a weekend, and then a few things where with the right objects they can "practice". I remember TS3 had a few throwing balls that could be tossed between a pair of sims (I think it was baseball and football?) and I also remember the soccer nets, where you could practice or challenge another sim to a shoot-out, which I'd LOVE to see return to the sims. I don't play sports anymore irl but it's something I've enjoyed in past sims games and would love to have my sims do more, both as actual playing options as well as simple rabbit holes!
    Origin ID: CuriousCarrotTop | My Simblr | My Twitter
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’d like that. And Baseball too.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,898 Member
    Skateboarding :D
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker