Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scared tips?

Hi guys, does anyone know how to help sims who become terrified? like how can I get that buff gone sooner

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    I've never had a sim get "terrified" but when they are scared having them take a panicked poop cuts the duration a lot, as does hiding under the covers. If you have other sims around you get them to give the terrified sim encouragement as well. All those things cause the scared moodlets to quickly lose duration, should have the same effect on terrified.

If your sim has aspiration points to spare, there's also potions and traits which can help.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Oooooh interesting! I didn't know panicking pooping helps. Thanks for all the tips <3
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Regular scared, like for a thunderstorm, can be fixed by finding a combination of happiness moodlets on the lot adding up to least +1, preferably more, and a shower that imparts a positive emotion.

Utterly terrified, like if they've run into something spooky, that's when panicked poops and hiding under the covers are the best medicine. Or you could spend the 8,000 reward points for "Brave" (or the far less expensive "Storm Chaser" if your sims' fear source is weather-related.)
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    There is a doll that comes in the paranormal pack that you can talk to in order to bring down the scared moodlet. I think you might be able to use the journal to decrease it too.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Oh wow this thread helped me realize something! I get it now! The angry poop and panicked poop never made any sense to me before but I just figured out they are plays on words: when you are really mad you can say you "lost your ___" it that it "annoyed the ___ out of you" and when you're really scared, something "scared the ___ out of you"! Haha sk thats how they came up with these weird emotional poops? 🤣
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2022
    Moodlets like happy moodlets will help.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I don't think I've seen the moodlet escalate to terrified. I usually have them hide under the covers if it's a child Sim or talk to other Sims if they are older. It's cute how they run around though lol
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thank you all! So helpful (I'm doing the paranormal career and they just keep getting so terrified, so they are like the worse ghost busters ever) and LOL @ignominiusrex at the angry/panicked poop, I never though of it that way either.