Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighbours congregating on my lot??

A strange new glitch has arisen in my latest save. Several other Sims from the town have started coming to my Sims' garden and standing there making the utterances like "Nurka vita!" that they make when someone or something is in their way, yet there's nothing actually in their way. I've had one of my Sims tell everyone to leave, and they do, but then they come back (same Sims each time). I've used resetsim on them multiple times, which teleports them away, but again they always come back. They do sometimes leave and come back (I'm guessing to eat, which would rule out the standby of just leaving them till they starve).

I've seen mention that EA Story Progression is sometimes the culprit here, but in my case I'm using Nraas Story Progression (along with MasterController, Traveller, Overwatch, and Retuner). The biggest change to my setup recently is that I've installed Seasons a couple of weeks ago.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    And it's happened again with a completely different save.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    This is kind of a shot in the dark, but is it possible there's a fish spawner on your sims' home lot? If you converted a community lot with a pond but didn't remove the fish spawners, sims could be showing up to try to fish but are unable to do so because the spawners are now underground. You should be able to see the spawners in BuyDebug or by searching the lot with MasterController.

NRaas SP will push inactive sims to work on appropriate skills, including fishing. With or without SP, sims may also show up to try to use certain other objects, for example the group science project, so if you have any particularly attractive object on your lot, try stashing it in the household inventory. As an alternative, you could put a bunch of these objects on your sims' front lawn and see what the inactives want to use.

As for a more permanent fix, there isn't one, unfortunately, I mean other than a really good fence.
  • Options
    NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2022
    NRaas SP will push inactive sims to work on appropriate skills, including fishing. With or without SP, sims may also show up to try to use certain other objects, for example the group science project, so if you have any particularly attractive object on your lot, try stashing it in the household inventory. As an alternative, you could put a bunch of these objects on your sims' front lawn and see what the inactives want to use.

Interesting. Thanks.

As it happened I cleared my cache and the problem has gone away for the time being. But it's funny you mention the group science project, because I'd recently added it (one of my sims had recently maxed out her Science skill). But the unwanted visitors weren't actually using it; they were just standing near it making the complaints about their paths being blocked like in the earlier case.

In neither of these cases had I converted a community lot. However, the most recent one was built on land that wasn't previously a lot; I don't think there was a pond there though. One thing there was in that lot was a garden (there's one in this one, for that matter.