Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CoL - Verdant Mushroom Soup group serving bug

After the first toddler in the new game I started for Cottage Living became a child, I had this great idea to keep Verdant Mushroom Soup around so she could have it for breakfast before heading to school. Such a nice boost to the focus mood.

Lo, it was not meant to be. It seems group servings of Verdant Mushroom soup are bugged and immediately vanish from sight once cooking is complete. Though sims will still grab it autonomously if left to their own devices, it cannot be seen nor can it be grabbed or clicked on to get it into the refrigerator.
Sad day for Abby (the child), because she was really looking forward to eating Verdant mushroom soup for breakfast on weekdays for the rest of her childhood...

I confirmed that this is a game bug, and not mod related, and put in my confirmation on the official EA bug report thread for it. I'm posting here because I thought maybe, just maybe, someone here knows of a modder that has made a temporary fix for it. Given the sparsity of search results when I googled the problem, I'm not counting on it though. It seems either the bug is not effecting many of us....or that most people just do not appreciate a good Verdant Mushroom Soup.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I've yet to have my Sims make that one. But I have to say the Col made me think of Colonel. Colonel Verdant soup? is how my poor brain deciphered your title. LOL Pay no attention to that old lady behind the screen …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @GalacticGal, haha, sorry for messing with your brain.

I still have no solution for this problem, unfortunately. I even mucked around in Sims 4 Studio to see if I could do a fix for it but for the life of me I couldn't figure out why it's glitched in the first place. Looking at the assets, I don't see where it is setup any differently than the other mushroom soups, all of which work fine with group servings.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    No worries. Can you not make it just in family size? Must it be for groups, only?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited January 2022
    No worries. Can you not make it just in family size? Must it be for groups, only?

For Verdant Mushroom soup I can only make single servings, both group and family size show a white square with a red X for the image on the cook menu and when I do try to cook them anyway, they are invisible with no way to move them to the refrigerator or tell sims to take a serving. Yet they are there, because until they spoil sims will autonomously grab a plate.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited January 2022
    How does a sim learn to make Verdant Mushroom soup?

Edit: Just found a sim who is able to cook it.
    Gagea wrote: »

Can you make a group or family serving or are you, like me, stuck only with single servings?
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    edited January 2022
    I am able to make group and family servings of Verdant Mushroom soup. I do have SrslySims Cooking Overhaul in my game, so don't know if that keeps the bug from happening.

I take it back, it is bugged for me too, I can make it, but it turns invisible as soon as the Sim pours it from the pot into a bowl.
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Can you make a group or family serving or are you, like me, stuck only with single servings?

The group serving is invisible in my game.
    Seems it's a more prevalent bug then the number of confirmations for it over on the official bug report seem to indicate. Thank you both @Gagea and @Sara1010P for letting me know you experience the same issues.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Verdant-Mushroom-Soup-group-meal-disappears/m-p/10799286#M201008
    Although Verdant Mushroom soup group meals are invisible, I just had my hungry kid go to the counter where the meal had 'vanished' and he took a serving!
    edited January 2022
    Although Verdant Mushroom soup group meals are invisible, I just had my hungry kid go to the counter where the meal had 'vanished' and he took a serving!

LOL, yep, I have that happen too. Just sucks you can't put them in the refrigerator nor tell them when to eat it manually!

Edit to add: Also, you can send it to household inventory if you move the counter where it sits (invisibly) to household inventory. The soup will go with the counter... Don't do it though, because once it is in household inventory it's stuck there. You can't grab it and move it back out nor delete/sell it.
    This thread is from a few months ago, but I'm bugged because EA still hasn't fixed this issue. And also blown away that hardly any other players are making group sized meals of this recipe, apparantly, based on how few "Me Too" clicks the bug report has gotten.

I finally got around to digging into the game files to see what the problem is and it's a very, very simple problem. The object definition for the group serving of Verdant mushroom soup is referencing the wrong model. That's it...one single numerical input is wrong.
    I made a small override that fixes the issue for anyone interested, it is available here at SFS.

And please click "Me too" on the bug report linked above. :)
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    edited April 2022
    I am glad I caught this thread and read it. I am playing a challenge that requires my current chef to make everything and I was just going to start on CL recipes with the mushrooms. I will make sure to make a single bowl of that version. I hope the rest of the mushrooms are not bugged.
    edited April 2022
    @spend4zen, all the rest are fine in group size servings. It's kind of crazy, because the recipes and object definitions for all of the mushroom soup varieties are nearly identical, I can't understand how they even made the mistake that they did in the first place....I would have thought they used copy/paste to save time for them. :lol:

Edit to add: I should also mention, I made every single recipe in the game myself not that long ago and this one is the only recipe with a problem. So that's a plus I guess.

I still can't believe more players aren't frustrated by the bug though...this recipe is a fantastic way to get a good (+3) moderate-duration focus mood. My sims who do skills which benefit from focus eat it all the time.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Thanks so much for the fix, @Stormkeep !

I finally hit “me too” on that bug. Then I remembered why I hadn’t done it before. They added their own agenda with a personal sidenote that has nothing to do with this bug. That annoyed me since it’s not the place for that and I didn’t want to support that part of the post. But whatever, I guess the me toos put attention on the bug, so that’s what matters.
    Thank you for me too'ing it @babajayne! I do agree about that..unusual...personal side note at the end of the bug report. It's a odd place for it. The bug report started as just a forum post though and I think the original reporter just copy/pasted their original forum post, which is why it ended up there.

But yes, the key in my mind is to get enough "Me Too's" that EA fixes it. It's a 5 second fix, they just need to actually put it on their list to get it done.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Also hit the me too button, even though I haven’t made the soup yet, what I know. Maybe I did and forgot it cause it was invisible 😅 my memory don’t serve me well.

As for the sidenote on the bottom about the erratic trait, I disagree with that person strongly. I have some mental issues and the erratic trait makes me happy cause I’m like “hey my sim is kind of like me”
    People really need to stop being offended on behalf of others (who usually are not offended)
    SignatureSparkly.gif