Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

“Hook up with…” not working right?

mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
Today I was playing with a single sim named Orion. He’s in the science career and is pretty good friends with his coworker, Hiroko. He has some other good friends outside of work and I thought it would be fun to set Hiroko up with one of them, so I decided to try and do it with Orion’s friend, Harold. Orion talked to Hiroko and she said Harold seemed like a catch and that she’d talk to him.

The next day, Orion got a text from Hiroko saying that she and Harold were officially together. I thought it had worked and was really happy. However, not long after the first text came, Orion got a second text from Hiroko saying something like “how dare you not tell me Harold was already in a relationship!”, which gave him an embarrassed moodlet and Hiroko a festering grudge sentiment towards Orion.

I was a bit confused because I didn’t think Harold was dating anyone. Orion hadn’t tried to hook him up with anyone before this and I don’t have MCCC story progression on in this save. So, I went into Harold’s household to check and he didn’t have any romance bar with anyone, not even Hiroko. I ended up playing as Harold for a bit and got him to date Hiroko myself since it was clear the interaction wasn’t working right but I’m not sure why? Has anyone else had this issue? Could it be mod related or is it just the game being buggy? I should also note that Harold previously had a romantic sentiment towards Orion because of that glitch where sims get the jam sentiment towards each other when giving gifts. Harold got an enamored sentiment towards Orion when he gave him a neighborly gift. So could it have been that? The sentiment went away but maybe it somehow still counts as Harold having a relationship?

Comments

• Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited January 2022
    I haven’t tried out the feature after the update with neighborhood stories yet. I had planned to, to see if it had been improved but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

I have, however, tried it out 2 or 3 times in some other saves. The first time with two sims I really wanted to set up, but not play. First my sim got a text saying they were now together and so happy. I was thrilled as I thought everything had gone according to plan, but somewhere around 3-5 sim days later my sim got another text informing her that they were no longer together. Now I can’t remember if the reason given was the same as the one you received or if it was something along the lines of it just not working out, but I know that I’ve seen the one you got as well. If the message my sim got in this case was that one where one of them was apparently already in a relationship, then I can say for sure it’s just randomly generated, because these two sims that I wanted to set up came from CAS and were not generated by the game so neither had any preexisting relationships. However, I’m not sure if this was the reply in this case, but as mentioned above I know I’ve seen that reply once as well, I‘m just wracking my brain trying to remember if it was in this instance or if it was when I tried to hook someone up again. Either way it didn’t work out in that case either.

My last attempt was when I did the free trial on Eco Lifestyle. My sim tried to hook up Knox with a friend at the Romance Festival. They declared that they were so in love and were sitting down very close to each other on one of the benches. Can’t remember if they also kissed. However, the next day when my sim asked one of them about the other, both claimed to not know who the other one was 🙄

What I’m getting at is that my impression is that the game doesn’t seem to let these set ups last - although my experience has, of course, been rather limited and I don’t know if anyone else has had more luck with this option. I had hoped that the introduction of neighborhood stories would have made the outcome of asking other sims to hook up stick better, but I’m not sure it has. As I said, I haven’t tried out this feature yet after the update, but pretty much every time someone has called my sim to ask if they should get to know or hang out with some other sim, I’ve been having my sim say yes, because I want all these other sims to know each other, but so far about 3 simdays after they’ve called back to say what a great time they’ve had with so and so whenever my sim has asked either one about the otter, they claim to have never met. So to me it looks like relationships of unplayed sims decay much too fast or simply don’t stick at all.
    Post edited by Greyling on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2022
    Today I was playing with a single sim named Orion. He’s in the science career and is pretty good friends with his coworker, Hiroko. He has some other good friends outside of work and I thought it would be fun to set Hiroko up with one of them, so I decided to try and do it with Orion’s friend, Harold. Orion talked to Hiroko and she said Harold seemed like a catch and that she’d talk to him.

The next day, Orion got a text from Hiroko saying that she and Harold were officially together. I thought it had worked and was really happy. However, not long after the first text came, Orion got a second text from Hiroko saying something like “how dare you not tell me Harold was already in a relationship!”, which gave him an embarrassed moodlet and Hiroko a festering grudge sentiment towards Orion.

I was a bit confused because I didn’t think Harold was dating anyone. Orion hadn’t tried to hook him up with anyone before this and I don’t have MCCC story progression on in this save. So, I went into Harold’s household to check and he didn’t have any romance bar with anyone, not even Hiroko. I ended up playing as Harold for a bit and got him to date Hiroko myself since it was clear the interaction wasn’t working right but I’m not sure why? Has anyone else had this issue? Could it be mod related or is it just the game being buggy? I should also note that Harold previously had a romantic sentiment towards Orion because of that glitch where sims get the jam sentiment towards each other when giving gifts. Harold got an enamored sentiment towards Orion when he gave him a neighborly gift. So could it have been that? The sentiment went away but maybe it somehow still counts as Harold having a relationship?

If you switch households they forget relationships. This is a serious bug and it's happened to me. It started happening after the story progression update.
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    It happened to me way before the update, which is why I almost never used this feature.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I haven't drilled down to every NPC in my massively extended world, but as a good rule of thumb, it's safe to assume that (as Denis Boyles once wrote) "the only wheels that roll are the ones I invent myself."

That is to say, unless a sim under your control was involved in creating the interaction, either because you were controlling them directly or because they're sims in the played households pool who showed up while you were rotated over to another played household. Townies play by their own rules, and those rules often resemble Calvinball.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    There's a tab to filter out our sims relationships, and under the romantic one, I have two sims, one of which I only flirted with ages ago. We never kissed, never made out, never woohooed. I even told him that we'll just be friends from now on. But he's still in my romantic relationships tab. So maybe that's what's happening with your npc.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited January 2022
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    There's a tab to filter out our sims relationships, and under the romantic one, I have two sims, one of which I only flirted with ages ago. We never kissed, never made out, never woohooed. I even told him that we'll just be friends from now on. But he's still in my romantic relationships tab. So maybe that's what's happening with your npc.

One of my engaged Sims decide to flirt with another dormmate, (autonomously) even though her fiancé was living in the same dorm. I used MCCC to eliminate that relationship to Just Be Friends. It removed the pink bar between them. The original couple are now safely married and the parents of unexpected triplets! Yikes. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/