Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don’t know why….

wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
I don’t know why it took me so long to get around to playing a rags to riches challenge. Took me a minute to figure out how I wanted to play so I wrote down my own goal and made my own rules. But is it weird to feel oddly accomplished when you are able to buy your sim a house and stuff? It’s a very very cheap and small house but hey she doesn’t have to sleep on benches anymore! But it is so fun to play! Normally after an hour or so I get tired and I didn’t even realize two hours (real time not sim time) had gone by!
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    I'm glad you're having so much fun!
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I don’t know why it took me so long to get around to playing a rags to riches challenge. Took me a minute to figure out how I wanted to play so I wrote down my own goal and made my own rules. But is it weird to feel oddly accomplished when you are able to buy your sim a house and stuff? It’s a very very cheap and small house but hey she doesn’t have to sleep on benches anymore! But it is so fun to play! Normally after an hour or so I get tired and I didn’t even realize two hours (real time not sim time) had gone by!

What's your sims story? How did she make money?
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    So I have her starting off in Hanford-on-Bagely on a empty lot in ratty clothes (I used the clothes from the eco lifestyle pack). Whenever she got tired or needed to use the bathroom or needed food, I had her just use the local pub. Then I had her run errands for all the locals in town. Some of them take a bit longer then others but it's ok. Then when she could get a garden patch, I got her one and started growing stuff there and then would sell either caught fish (since she loves fishing) or whatever leftover she got from other people that I didn't' need. I have a set goal for each money milestone she reaches. Like once she can buy a tent, she can buy a tent, and then a small house and then she eventually wants to move to the city in an apartment. I also will have her buy a violin and work on that skill and play for tips to make some extra money. But for food wise, I just have her eating the free chips until she has a kitchen or someone cooks a meal in a park etc.
    aaronrulz wrote: »

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    The vast majority of my sims go through some sort of Rags to Riches challenge. I've looked at what others consider the "official" rules but only for inspiration, it's more fun just to go by your own rules. For a few of them I've come up with back stories but most of the time it's just "bad luck/bad life choices".
    The cake is a lie
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    I don't have official rules but it's one of my favorite ways to play. Except I still feel like it's too easy to earn a lot of money fast as I like the challenging survival part of it. So usually I end up actually cheating away money lol
    My sims probably hate me 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Eco lifestyle gave us great clothes and traits for our poor Sims didn't it? Along with the camping stuff from Outdoor Retreat for the homeless Sim life. What are the goals or rules for how you play this challenge?
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2022
    I posted in another thread on this topic.

Most difficult challenge, I reckon, is naked, empty lot, no money and make it winter for extra brutality. Other extras could be added in, for example, lot challenges like Simple Living.

Preparing at least a dumpster or two and a general goods store where you can buy some basics and some clothes would be a kindness :)

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    So I have her starting off in Hanford-on-Bagely on a empty lot in ratty clothes (I used the clothes from the eco lifestyle pack). Whenever she got tired or needed to use the bathroom or needed food, I had her just use the local pub. Then I had her run errands for all the locals in town. Some of them take a bit longer then others but it's ok. Then when she could get a garden patch, I got her one and started growing stuff there and then would sell either caught fish (since she loves fishing) or whatever leftover she got from other people that I didn't' need. I have a set goal for each money milestone she reaches. Like once she can buy a tent, she can buy a tent, and then a small house and then she eventually wants to move to the city in an apartment. I also will have her buy a violin and work on that skill and play for tips to make some extra money. But for food wise, I just have her eating the free chips until she has a kitchen or someone cooks a meal in a park etc.

I believe that I will try my own version of a rags to riches game. I've read the rules of some other players and thought to myself "Naw, I'm good". But apparently I'd fish, harvest plants, paint at the art museum, and dig for treasure until I had enough money to buy/build a home for the lot that I live on. Question? Don't you have to buy a empty lot when you start and then zero out your remaining funds to begin play? It should be easy though after that. 1st go to a library and read a cook book. Then go fishing and sell the fish. Build a room on your lot. Buy a bed for the lot. Use friends bathrooms to shower or the gym. Harvest every plant that you see. And appreciate every dime you make to keep from living like a bum. Ha ha ha
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yep that’s pretty much what I’ve done. I’ve only had her fish and garden and now I have her playing for tips and she has two part time jobs now to try to get to the next part faster which is to move to the city. I’ve finally gotten into the thousands and it’s so nice. For a minute I was gonna give up.

I believe that I will try my own version of a rags to riches game. I've read the rules of some other players and thought to myself "Naw, I'm good". But apparently I'd fish, harvest plants, paint at the art museum, and dig for treasure until I had enough money to buy/build a home for the lot that I live on. Question? Don't you have to buy a empty lot when you start and then zero out your remaining funds to begin play? It should be easy though after that. 1st go to a library and read a cook book. Then go fishing and sell the fish. Build a room on your lot. Buy a bed for the lot. Use friends bathrooms to shower or the gym. Harvest every plant that you see. And appreciate every dime you make to keep from living like a bum. Ha ha ha

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg