Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Scenarios Survey

Comments

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Took it! While I enjoyed them for what they are, I did mention that the limited time part really dampers the vibe.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Looks like you only get the follow up questions if you indicate you're interested in scenarios.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I liked the idea but I found them all all a let down. I stated something similar to that in the survey.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I told them I don't like time limited scenarios. I also asked them to make sure scenarios are not bugged; I was doing surviving the holidays scenario and the game suddenly registered it done even if it wasn't.
    I like scenarios in general, though. I enjoyed doing the too many toddlers one and I have few others still in progress.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I took the survey on my phone. I started a scenario save. I have a couple of the limited time scenario’s in there right now. My one sim won a million dollar lottery ver early so I’m expecting her to change things up a bit. The holiday one I just put a couple in a house and played for a few minutes. I won’t be playing them till it is winter in the game.

I told them I don’t like that they made some limited time. I also told them that I would like to be able to make my own scenarios from CAS.,,.. pick skill level, jobs and job level, relationship statuses, give them the amount of money I want them to have and have them be able to move into expensive houses if I want. I would like to be able to set these households up without cheats.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Here's the feedback I gave:
    • I don't like limited time scenarios, I'd prefer them to be permanent additions.
    • I've felt pretty neutral about the scenarios that I have played. They weren't horrible, but they didn't particularly stand out either.
    • I suggested incorporating some scenarios that are unique to future expansion and game packs. Of course, base game scenarios should still be updated too.

Yeah, scenarios just aren't that riveting to me. It's just a mash up of community challenges that have been around for years, and guided gameplay through an aspiration style interface.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I told them I don't like time limited scenarios. I also asked them to make sure scenarios are not bugged; I was doing surviving the holidays scenario and the game suddenly registered it done even if it wasn't.

The same thing happened to me. It registered as completed only 1 sim day after I started it, when I had one of the Sims go to the town center to pick up some groceries. I was SO disappointed.

Then that sim continued to be autonomously mean to the other sim FOREVER, long after the game was not showing any negative sentiments and they had 100 for both friendly and romantic relationship. More bugs...a bitter grudge sentiment, though no longer visible, was "Stuck" on that Sim. I had to use cheat codes to remove it.

I was pretty harsh in this survey as a result.

But I'm the same as you, I told them I liked the scenarios overall and they should keep doing them....just make it so they actually work right.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I also told them that I would like to be able to make my own scenarios from CAS.,,..

Oh, man, that'd be so COOL! I wish I'd read your post before I did the survey so I could say that too.

Imagine if players could make scenarios and then share them with everyone on the gallery? I'd love that so much.
    I like how players design the challenges like we've seen in Sims games since the beginning but I think it would be awesome if the game itself had the interface and the tools to actually build that sort of thing right into the game you're playing rather than the "keep track of it all with pencil and paper" thing we have to do now for them.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I like how they never ask if you liked or wanted limited-time scenarios, they just asked about their length.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I put that I hated the limited time scenarios. I don't like time limits on my extremely casual gameplay. And there were rewards? I had no idea. What were they? It was like the most anti climatic ending ever. :|
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited January 2022
    I put that I hated the limited time scenarios. I don't like time limits on my extremely casual gameplay. And there were rewards? I had no idea. What were they? It was like the most anti climatic ending ever. :|

The "rewards" were like 5000 satisfaction points. You know the same points you can earn from doing the aspirations or whims (if those are turned on). So really there was no reward.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Definitely not a fan of the time limited scenarios. This is not an online multiplayer game. Those love to vomit out "limited time events" in order to get their players to play or, most importantly, pay for skins and such because of the fear of missing out (you can earn the rewards by playing but they may make it deliberately grindy in order to encourage you to pay for the stuff).
    While these limited time scenarios are nowhere near as bad I still don't like seeing this type of stuff in my singleplayer casual game. The whole concert thing was a completely acceptable form of a limited time event IMO but these are just peculiar.

I'm not opposed to scenarios because I think there's potential with the system but they are squandering it because of some silly choices (time limited ones) and lack of innovation. I don't feel like they add challenge, consequence and drama/humor in the way they could/should. It would also be cool if players could create and share their own scenarios.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    I responded that I don’t play them because I don’t play challenges unless they are story based (such as StrangerVille) and I don’t like time limited games at all.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    Unlocking unique items or buffs through Scenarios would be fun. Not 1 item per Scenario either, but 1 per possible outcome.

So if your Scenario ended because:
    1. One sim moved out, you might get something related to houses, like a new dollhouse recolour.
    2. You completed a money goal, so you unlock a new investment opportunity for that sim.
    3. You completed it through romance, so you get a new engagement/wedding ring option in CAS.
    4. You raised the appropriate number of spawn to the appropriate age, so you receive a unique toy and unlock.

Many options and more reason to do them more then once.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Unlocking unique items or buffs through Scenarios would be fun. Not 1 item per Scenario either, but 1 per possible outcome.

1. One sim moved out, you might get something related to houses, like a new dollhouse recolour.
    2. You completed a money goal, so you unlock a new investment opportunity for that sim.
    3. You completed it through romance, so you get a new engagement/wedding ring option in CAS.
    4. You raised the appropriate number of spawn to the appropriate age, so you receive a unique toy and unlock.

Additional content would be nice and all, but I thought you had to play these scenarios in a separate save. I think it would be better if we could incorporate the scenarios into our regular gameplay, if we get a household or a situation that would fit a scenario we could get a pop up to ask if we want to play through that scenario, kind of like an in-game challenge. And the scenarios option should be something that we can opt out of if we don't want them in our game.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Haven't played any as they don't interest me.

Bingo. My rotational-play save (the only one I have, in fact) runs on a similar principle, except I'm the one creating the scenario. "These two sims will raise a kid" or "this sim right out of college is headed for Granite Falls and Selvadorada" or "time to get these sims up to the top of a career". I'll play the sim until finishing my self-made scenario and then move on to something else. I don't need EA to hold my hand, I'm quite capable of making my own fun—in fact, it's what usually puts me in the mood to play Sims in the first place.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    I'm neutral, I don't find scenarios not so bad but not so overwhelming positive, sure the surviving the holidays scenario was very disappointing in due of the bugs and glitches which simply shouldn't happen. Most fun I had with the unfortunately time limited well-rounded and the millionaire scenario I've started a second time recently, which is my playstyle anyway. The toddler scenario I haven't played, I had that experience with the decade challenge. I think more restrictions (automatically ingame) with challenges (like top of the sport career with a lazy sim) and not time-limited scenarios I would play definitely in the future.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I told them I wasn't interested in scenarios and that was the only question for me.

I was hoping there would be a follow up on why I wasn't interested and what would get me to try them. If they were more challenging and had better rewards, I'd probably give them a shot.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    You should have said you did them, but then said you were not happy with them. That's where the survey gave the opportunity to say why.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 2022
    I told them I wasn't interested in scenarios and that was the only question for me.

I was hoping there would be a follow up on why I wasn't interested and what would get me to try them. If they were more challenging and had better rewards, I'd probably give them a shot.

I wished for a follow up question too! I would need the scenarios to be playable on already existing sims (and work in rotational play, I don't know if they do) for me to use them.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,372 Member
    I've never used them and don't think I will. I was hoping to be able to use them with my current sims when they came out.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    That survey was about as exciting as the scenarios 2 questions seriously. I answered no I do not play scenarios, and why I don't play them I'm not looking to complete some random goal I want actual new game play and challenge built into the game like Sims 2 and 3 not to complete some boring check list.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited January 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    You should have said you did them, but then said you were not happy with them. That's where the survey gave the opportunity to say why.

They should add something to those who have said not interested.

How are they going to get scenarios to appeal to all if they don’t know why you’ve said no. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

I can’t say how they could make them appeal to me. I would be interested if there was more diversity, most to me seem to be things players could do themselves during the game. (Rags to riches, too many toddlers etc)

I would like as well if you could choose your reward, make all scenarios permanent and I really like the idea of setting your own scenarios! 😊.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    No interest in them , especially if you hae to start a new family just to play them , I play the sims to play my families how i want not how Maxis/Ea thinks i should be playing it
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Additional content would be nice and all, but I thought you had to play these scenarios in a separate save. I think it would be better if we could incorporate the scenarios into our regular gameplay, if we get a household or a situation that would fit a scenario we could get a pop up to ask if we want to play through that scenario, kind of like an in-game challenge. And the scenarios option should be something that we can opt out of if we don't want them in our game.

You don't have to play them in a separate save, but you do currently have to play them with a new household. They said they'll be adding them to existing households later.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I like the finding love scenario and found it fun because it can turn out many different ways. My sims never made up they became enemies big time and I have never had that happen in my game before. I also like the fact if you don't want to play you don't have to.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top