Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is there such a scarcity of interactive objects in all these later worlds?

ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
edited January 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The base game worlds are packed with plants, rocks, frogs and even some secret lots. There are little corners with picnic tables and BBQs. Even public toilets in the middle of nowhere.

I have just bought Eco-Living and country Living and the world round the lots are pretty enough, but frankly barren for anything to do in them in contrast with the older worlds.

Seems a bit stingy and cheapskate to me. Does it really add that much to their costs to drop the odd flower bush in?
Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity....
The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    The flower bush isn't Base Game so they cannot drop that in.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    The flower bush isn't Base Game so they cannot drop that in.

hehe - OK. It was a placeholder for 'something to collect/do'
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    I agree with EL, there is not even public bbq if remember correctly, I had to add that with TOOL.
    But CoL , there are picnic tables, public toilets and public garden. Plus lots of plants spawning around the place :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    I've been pretty happy with the neighborhoods in CoL myself. The Bramblewood has all the mushrooms and berries for my gardening sims, plus a couple of nice picnic areas and a grill and restrooms, and a stream that you can swim and fish in, not to mention the Creature Keeper himself and the bunnies and birds. And Old New Henford has a stream to swim in, a playground area with Monkey bars and some toys for the children, a fishing pond and a lovely community garden as well as outdoor grill and restrooms, plus more bunnies and birds.

There are also frogs to collect and dig spots in the CoL world, though not in very many spots.

I can't speak to Eco Living though, despite owning it I have yet to actually visit the world that came with it in any of my games.
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    CoL ist okay in my eyes at least.
    Cannot speak for EL as I never had a Sim live in that world and hardly ever visit it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Honestly, I always thought Sims 4 as a whole was pretty bare bones in that department, especially in terms of collectables. I miss Sims 3' level of collecting (I loved the gemstones cut options).

CoL introduced a variety of new things but not many spawn spots. Mushrooms all come from the same spot and it's mainly RNG. With so few spawn spots and such a big (but empty) areas it's such a pain. You gotta walk 50 miles to get to the darn chocoberry bush and then 20 more miles to the raspberry bush. It's ridiculous.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

Eco-Living is basically a "trash-town". So not much nature type stuff anyways. Lots of garbage and trash dumpsters though. Honestly, I even added a few more dumpsters off-lot with T.O.O.L. just for the heck of it, heh heh!

It's one map where it is lacking. Though the community spaces make up for that.

There is a build I should share here that is amazing for one of the community lots. I'll post it in the shared gallery stuff thread.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    The point is that many worlds are essentially barren of plants to harvest, dig sites, fishing spots, and so on. To pick on Strangerville, I have so far found one (1) dig site. Other than the strange plants, none. Oasis Springs is well supplied with both. Having lived for a while in the Sonora of southern Arizona I know there are local plants for sims to find and add to their collections. Various ones can be seen in the open desert of Strangerville, but all are fake decorations. It does seem that as time has gone on that the worlds have gotten more and more barren, and not just lots we can build on. Am inclined to think a stingy Mothercompany and lazy programming are behind the OP's complaint.