Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

Comments

• SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    @HermioneSims
    I really like the complexity of all the characters and their opinions on the matter. In a lot of stories involving fantasy or sci-fi races, they’re often portrayed as all having the exact same outlooks on certain things and important events in their worlds, so to see the aliens all having various attitudes is refreshing.

I also really like all of the scientific details, of course it makes sense given your work, but it’s still interesting. I like that we share a fair few headcanons for the Sixamian stuff. I should share my whole headcanon on the Sixamian plants with you at some point : p [\spoiler]
    they/them or she/her
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    Ditto to what @SnowBnuuy said
    about the aliens all having various attitudes! I've enjoyed that throughout your story so far.

gen3-banner.png
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 774 Member
    @SnowBnuuy and @mightysprite , thanks again!
    Up to now I mostly focused on what the members of the (quite large) Miller family think about these topics, being them all aliens it would have been quite boring to make them all have the exact same opinions :P
    On the other hand, if aliens had been a smaller percentage of my characters, giving them different opinions could have quickly turned into a very difficult story to manage, so I can sort of see why in other stories this is usually not the case...
    However, now it would be interesting to know also the humans' opinion on the situation, and not just what the Millers are reporting, who knows when that will enter the story... :#

Also, to know other headcanons on aliens in The Sims would be very funny, I definitively should read some of the stuff you and other users from this section wrote in the past (unfortunately I'm a shamefully lazy reader recently, hopefully it's just a phase)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    Chapter 3.16 is out! (link)

In this part the story is proceeding even too quickly, but my sims were getting older quite soon and there are so many things I still want to tell about this generation 3...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    Congratulations to Leo! :) Job well done
    gen3-banner.png
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Found your blog and started reading today (when I wasn’t too busy with RL). Nearly finished the first generation (Stuart’s) chapters.
    Great stuff, looking forward to keeping reading more. <3
    Thanks to you both @mightysprite and @NRowe , I'm glad you're enjoying the read! :)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 3.17 is out! (link)

After having overcome one problem, it is time to face a new one... And it's finally time to read a bit of Luke's POV, which kind of person will the next heir turn to be?
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Finally had some more time to do some more binge-reading! :smiley: I just finished Chapter 17 of Generation Two. This is so good!

Have to stop for dinner now, and other things happening tonight, but will be returning soon.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    Great chapter! I like Serena :)
    gen3-banner.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Just finished Generation Two! I'm really enjoying this story. You're a very good writer.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    Thanks again!

@mightysprite
    I like Serena too, she's very determined and she's not afraid to follow her passions either.

@GlacierSnow
    Thanks again! So that this legacy it's mostly game-driven, meaning that I'm mostly trying to connect with a story the screenshots I take when playing, I'm always a bit afraid that the development of some dynamics could be too quick (the short sims lives don't help in this sense), that I don't have the time to address all the possible sides of a given situation and so on.
    Anyway, I'm very glad you've enjoyed the story up to now! :)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 3.18 is out! (link)

The end of Gen 3 is approaching and, following this legacy tradition, big events are happening. This chapter will surely have consequences, what could happen now?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Deep into chapters from Generation 2. Leo has just chosen his career. Thanks for the read and Happy Simming!!
    Thanks again!

Meanwhile, I'm approaching the end of generation 3 with chapter 3.19
    It's a tough chapter, the Millers are definitively having a hard time right now...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Wow! I really like how you incorporate politics into your story.
    gen3-banner.png
    Thanks @mightysprite ! These last few chapters were heavily focused on the political part, that's true. I mostly felt like I had to address these issues at some point along the legacy, and the generation in which I was actually playing a sim involved in the field seemed the most suited one for this purpose.
    For me it's not particularly easy not pleasant to write so much about politics, though, so from the next generation the focus of the story will change again... :#
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Finished generation two (Luna). <3
    Good! I liked Luna a lot, and maybe also because she was from one of the earlier generations I miss her a lot...

Anyway, here there is the final chapter of Generation 3 instead, chapter 3.20! (link)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Still reading. I quite like the new generation 3 disguises. B)
    Thanks!

Meanwhile, I've finally managed to write the summary to generation 3. There were a lot of sub-plots going on in parallel, to keep it short and comprehensible was not easy at all... Anyway, here is the link

This time the generational change is less net than for gen 1 and 2, I'm switching generation in here mostly because the previous story arc seemed to be over. However, expect to see both Leo and Luke's diaries alternating for another couple of chapters.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Caught up!
    Mr. M is going to meet my fists! I absolutely love the way you weave the politics into the story. It's all too relatable because of the country I live in and the similarity to its politics, but also it's well fleshed out. Some stories about prejudice can be done in a very flimsy, almost careless manner, but this one delves into the true complexities of how people show and act on their prejudice and the exact ways that people can manipulate the masses against whole groups of people.I love the background origins of why Sixamians now look so much like humans.

Ah yes! the best matchup, the extroverted cheerleader and the introverted nerdy type. < 3 Ahh darn, I knew everyone would fall for Mr.M's lies. They definitely can't be expecting Sixamian technology and healthcare and such after this. Ohhh man I want to rage! So they're basically going to create a 'aliens only' space? Argh.... I hope they can knock Mr.M out of his position in power. And now the real fight between Sixamians and humans will start, and will likely spell problems for all the aliens and humans who hoped to solve things with peace. Still, not all prejudice can be solved with peace. I'm interested to see where this goes!
    they/them or she/her
    Thanks for the comments @SnowBnuuy...
    ... I definitively expected this part to make people mad at Mr M., or just furious at the unfairness of the whole situation. I can clearly see some parallels which my local politics as well, actually both Mr S. in the last generation and Mr M. in the current one took their initials from some quite famous politicians in here. Also, if it wasn't for said parallels I would probably not have written this part so harshly... if it wasn't for the fact that I really wanted to arrive at the founding of New Sixam, I have a lot of ideas for that place.

Now, The Sims is not the right game to show real fight sequences, yet this big fracture between humans and aliens (or sixamians? They still seem quite unsure about how to call themselves, actually) will give me enough material for another couple of generations at least... :#
    2if86miljyb3.png
    The first chapter of generation 4 is out, it's time to give Luke some more space to shine! (link)

Even though I suspect he could prefer to describe himself as "gloomy" at the moment, poor him...
    2if86miljyb3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top