Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know a good place that lists the things you can Knit?

StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
I originally wasn't particularly interested in the Knitting pack, but recently I learned that with the knitting skill you can actually change what BABIES wear. And it has rocking chairs, which I already knew, but that combined with the baby clothes was more than enough to make me decide to buy it.

...I can't believe that I missed the info about baby onesies in all of the info when the pack was released. I have a short attention span and must not have read the entire marketing blurbs.

Now my issue is, I can't find a site that lists each specific item that can be knitted by skill level. I found a ton of sites that say what you can knit in broad strokes, by knitting skill level like "you can make poufs". But none which give a line by line list of every single pouf, etc.
Like right at level 1 you can knit animal clothes, but are there any new varieties at higher skill levels?

Does anyone know a place that has such a list? Even SimsVIP and Carl's site let me down on this one.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    I think no one lists them because they are just different colours of the same thing. Maybe you can find a list of stuff from some modder who made a mod to unlock them.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

There are no new varieties of an item when the skill level increases. You get all the colour varieties for each item once you reach the skill level and unlock the item. Each item comes in every different colour. I love this pack so much. My favourite items are the baby onesies, mailbox cozies, beanies, toys, decoration stuffies, socks and sweaters. I love that you can rock in a rocking chair while knitting, donate the items to charity or sell them on Plopsy.

This is what I found on "the Ultimate Sims Guides":

Knitting Skill Level 1
    When you’re in the first level of the knitting skill your sim is going to be able to create beanies that look like bears and tigers and are super cute.

Knitting Skill Level 2
    At level two of the skill your sim unlocks the ability to knit socks. There are 3 types, the first is crew socks, then some low cut socks, and mid calf socks. All of which have a fail variant where the socks will be two different designs.

Knitting Skill Level 3
    When your sim reaches level 3 they are going to unlock some fun objects, including hanging plant holders and mailbox cozies.

Knitting Skill Level 4
    When your sim reaches level 4 of the knitting skill they are going to be able to knit rugs, including a fail variant that is all sorts of fun colours.

Knitting Skill Level 5
    At level 5 of the skill your sim will be able to teach to knit to kids and other sims with a low skill. They will also unlock some new sweaters that they can create for men, women, and children.

Knitting Skill Level 6
    When your sim hits level 6 of the skill they are going to unlock the ability to craft poufs that your sims can sit on.

Knitting Skill Level 7
    When at level 7 you are going to unlock the cutest stuff you can make, including some cute decorations. This includes the cactus, penguin, octopus, and the llama and cactus combo.

Knitting Skill Level 8
    When at level 8 your sim is going to be able to craft new onesies for the babies and toddlers in their life which allows you to dress you babies in different clothes for the first time!

Knitting Skill Level 9
    When your sim is at level 9 of the skill they are able to craft the sweater/scarf combos that are available for all sims.

Knitting Skill Level 10
    When your sim maxes out the skill they unlock the ability to mentor any sim who is knitting. They can also make the children’s toys.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Elliandre, yah, I found that same list. I'm curious though if higher skill levels ever unlock different varieties of things already mentioned. Animal clothes, for example, aren't mentioned at all in the list or any of the other lists I looked at (all of which appear to be copy/pastes of each other). Presumably because those were added by Cottage Living.

So my main question is, do various animal clothes unlock at various levels or not? I dunno.

Same with sweaters you can knit for sims, that list only mentions them once, but I got some new options after a few more levels in the sweater category.

Guess I just need to have my sims Knit more and find out!
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Oh yeah animal clothes got added with Country Living. I couldn't find a list either. There should be more options with higher skill levels. I know you can put clothes on the bunnies, but I think you have to buy the clothes from the creature keeper or win them as rewards from helping villagers. I have got a cross stitch pattern from helping villagers. I think I will play this next time, I haven't really dressed up my animals for the winter weather :smiley:
    edited January 2022
    I already have some knitting options for chickens, bunnies, cows and llamas. They weren't all unlocked at the same knitting level, which is why I was looking for a list. Curious if there are more options at higher skill levels than my sim has reached yet. I love dressing up the bunnies in particular, it helps me keep track of which ones I've already made friends with when I see them out in the yard. That and cause it's cute.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    One of my sims only started getting into knitting, so I can’t tell you yet if there are different animal clothing, but the knitting beanies, etc, looked like they are just re-textures/different swatches/re-colors based on some screenshots and how it looks so far. Of course, perhaps some of the websites don’t show all of the re-textures/re-colors.

The VIP guide says there are “17 styles” of baby onesies, and most of the other sites just have the list, and VIP shows some screenshots of some of the knitting clothing and items:
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-nifty-knitting-guide/

I am really loving the cozy domestic feel of the knitting, cross-stitching, and rocking chair combo so far! 🤗❤️👍 It’s really cute to see the sims doing these activities! (I loved it when my other sim sat on the floor near by to teach the toddler to talk as the husband was knitting while on the couch.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    edited January 2022

I am really loving the cozy domestic feel of the knitting, cross-stitching, and rocking chair combo so far! 🤗❤️👍 It’s really cute to see the sims doing these activities! (I loved it when my other sim sat on the floor near by to teach the toddler to talk as the husband was knitting while on the couch.)

Me too! I was surprised how much I've liked it; I'm the guy that asked them to make a Guns & Ammo EP for TS2 (so we could fight the zombies)...enjoying the whole domestic coziness vibe is not something I expected from myself. Oh how things change over the years. I'm getting old. haha

I put a rocking chair in front of a fireplace which is just to the side in the (large) kitchen, and next to that is a lot of available floor space too so right now we often have mom canning while dad knits at the fireplace and little Abby works on her school project on the floor between them, all while they chat with each other. It's incredibly cute.

I'm a sliver away from getting to knitting skill level 8, which is when the onesies unlock. I can't wait!

Stormkeep wrote: »

Me too! I was surprised how much I've liked it; I'm the guy that asked them to make a Guns & Ammo EP for TS2 (so we could fight the zombies)...enjoying the whole domestic coziness vibe is not something I expected from myself. Oh how things change over the years. I'm getting old. haha

I put a rocking chair in front of a fireplace which is just to the side in the (large) kitchen, and next to that is a lot of available floor space too so right now we often have mom canning while dad knits at the fireplace and little Abby works on her school project on the floor between them, all while they chat with each other. It's incredibly cute.

I'm a sliver away from getting to knitting skill level 8, which is when the onesies unlock. I can't wait!

Hehe, it’s like when a sim goes from being a wild teen/young adult to being a more calmer/more domesticated adult, lol! 😄

Awww! That family scene sounds so sweet and lovely!

That’s awesome you’re getting close to creating the onesies! That’s gonna be adorable, heh! 🤗 Let us know how it goes, and if it does have 17 “styles” like VIPsims guide said.
    (She/her)

That’s awesome you’re getting close to creating the onesies! That’s gonna be adorable, heh! 🤗 Let us know how it goes, and if it does have 17 “styles” like VIPsims guide said.

I actually JUST unlocked it and am knitting my first one. I'd say it's not actually 17 "styles"....only 8, the other 9 are just color variations of the other styles. My definition of style being that there is a difference beyond just "what color is it". There's 17 total though.
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I actually JUST unlocked it and am knitting my first one. I'd say it's not actually 17 "styles"....only 8, the other 9 are just color variations of the other styles. My definition of style being that there is a difference beyond just "what color is it". There's 17 total though.

That’s what I thinking it would be: that it would be re-colors, not “styles”, hehe. 🙂

Yeah, I don’t consider re-colors as “styles”, either. But, I’m still glad to hear there are at least 8 styles! :smile: That’s more than 1 or 2, at least, lol! 😄
    (She/her)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited January 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Oh yeah animal clothes got added with Country Living. I couldn't find a list either. There should be more options with higher skill levels. I know you can put clothes on the bunnies, but I think you have to buy the clothes from the creature keeper or win them as rewards from helping villagers. I have got a cross stitch pattern from helping villagers. I think I will play this next time, I haven't really dressed up my animals for the winter weather :smiley:

Usually, Carl's site is a pretty reliable place to get information, but I can't find a list under the Nifty Knitting or Country Living packs and this skill isn't listed in his skill section.

Off the top of my head, I can tell you that there are little hats and outfits for the chickens, a hat-scarf combo and two blankets for llamas, four rabbit coats (similar to doggie coats) and five or six fox jackets. Most of the chicken and fox stuff is available immediately or at a low level. Two of the rabbit coats take a higher level to unlock (I'm thinking 5 or 6?), and I think most of the llama wear requires a higher level.

There are other items that can be purchased from the Creature Keeper, including a bell for your cow. I was rather disappointed to find that buying an item doesn't unlock the ability to knit it, and as far as I know, there is no way to 'learn' to make the clothes available from the Creature Keeper.

Editing to add: I've had a bug with the rabbit coats - if you stop in the middle of them, you can resume, but your Sim can't finish the item, and if you start another one, it simply keeps on going and never finishes. I looked at the bug report forum and can't find a bug report for it.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    Simsvip guide is useful if you need guide for old pack
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
    edited January 2022
    At this point, I have 3 sims all at skill level 10 of knitting in the household. My first knitter finally got there and then she did the "teach to knit" to the other 2 on the Skill Day holiday...which took them both all the way from 0 knitting up to 9, halfway to 10...in one sitting. Skill day is kind of crazy when using the teach-to-knit option. (might have also helped that the sim who did it has the mentor trait) :sunglasses: