Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Social Media--Where Else Do You Get Your Sims Fix?

What other social sites do you do the most sim-related viewing or activities on besides this one? What do you like to do there?
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Social Media--Where Else Do You Get Your Sims Fix? 60 votes

Tumblr
10%
StormkeepTheSpotted_Csekojranasof2106EnkiSchmidtMDianaSims 6 votes
YouTube
33%
crocobauraAnmirlag01denswanlisasc360bixtersSweetieWright_84Karababy52SnaveXsSheriSim57LiELFFlapHopeyStarrMirkaKaroliinalogionSERVERFRAnetney52KimmerSallycutecatJustMeAlbbefchi 20 votes
Twitter
18%
BreeSashaKita5399PlayerSinger2010YautjagirlBabykittyjadeOnverserLatinaBunnyEvaliynmusteniSharoniaSanniSilli 11 votes
Facebook
1%
cchant86 1 vote
TikTok
0%
Instagram
0%
Pinterest
0%
Reddit
8%
ModerateOspreyRedShoe7BlueR0seSimsSlaypieka33 5 votes
Other (explain in comments)
8%
Bluegaylebshag4lvsimgirl1010NorthDakotaGamermrs_starkey 5 votes
None
20%
AncientMusespice3cyncieDoloresGreyAtreya33Chicklet453681SeashoreLiviaRouensims[Deleted User]mightyspriteVeeDubACruelButLovingGod 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I regularly search Twitter, FB, Instagram and fan sites for sim news.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    None
    I swore off social media at the end of 2020 and never looked back. I'm quite happy to stick to talking about my simworld here, and read about the awesome stuff other folks are creating as well. If something important happens on EA's side, I'm sure the game itself will tell me all about it in the splash screen when I load it up.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    YouTube
    I watch YouTube from some of the steamers, especially about new packs and content, once in awhile builds. Not really into the let’s plays. I also watch the official streams on twitch. I guess I could look at FB as I do use that, but I don’t use Twitter or any the rest of them.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Twitter
    I started using twitter actively a year ago and I really spend too much time there. I also check youtube for info about packs, but that's it. For sims stories I use wordpress.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited January 2022
    YouTube
    I used to watch Let's Plays on Youtube, it has been less of that lately though. I think it's because we have seen less packs. I liked James Turner's let's plays.

I used to follow the sims topic on twitter too but I have not customized my feed that much so I get all things sims and that can be a bit too much. I should probably customize it better to my liking. I don't like the sims official twitter account any more, it's either too positive about all things sims or too focused on marketing and young people.

I like the forums, it feels like people are a bit older and take their time to post here.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Reddit
    I browse reddit occasionally and indirectly visit tumblr for CC, but I am a fan of the forum format that has persistent information unlike the unstructured infinite scrolling snippets provided by most social media where anything older than a day or two is lost in a digital abyss

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Twitter
    Mostly Twitter, youtube, and fan sites. I love seeing the screenshots and animations of upcoming packs, and I also love watching videos of, or seeing screenshots of, a lot of house/lot builds on YouTube and Twitter. I have some Sims streamers who I enjoy watching, and I would go watch their videos tonsee a little bit of the CAS/BB and gameplay of the packs before I go buy said packs. I like to vote on some Twitter polls as well.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    None
    The only time I ever spend on any Social Media at all (besides some forums for other games that I follow) is when I'm following a link to some article or something that sounds potentially interesting to me.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I don't really search out any information on the game. While I do have Twitter and Facebook, I don't use those just for Sims. Any information I see is purely by chance.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Twitter
    I spend more time on twitter these days than anywhere else.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I used to on FB, Twitter & you tube but stopped a fair while back.
    The closest I get now is when Simgirl posts a twitter on the forums here.

It would be different if social or otherwise media only printed truth LOL then maybe I would consider going back.
    I pop in now and then to You Tube for music etc but if something sim related interests me I would probably watch it as well.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Tumblr
    Just my Tumblr feed for me for Sims related information. Until around Christmas it was the only online place I visited related to the Sims since 2018; I wasn't even coming to these forums anymore.

I do have accounts for Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Reddit, Instagram and Pinterest but these days I only open any of those places if I see a link from someone that looks interesting. Social media has become too fragmented imo; I don't have the patience to visit a bunch of different ones regularly.
    I also just don't enjoy watching other people play a game. I follow a few of the most popular Simmers on YT, but actually sitting through even one video is more than my attention span can handle unless I'm trying to learn how to do something in BB or decide whether to buy a new pack they are showcasing.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Twitter
    I follow a few Sims related people on Twitter (mostly Gurus) just to keep up with news. All of my other social media is for personal or family use, and I keep those separate from my hobbies.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    YouTube
    I love watching Let's Plays, build videos and opinions of other TS4 Simmers on YouTube. James Turner is my favorite, especially his Let's Plays, but yes, he hasn't been doing any lately. I started following him at the beginning of his Lady Bigwallet series. He's an amazing builder though too, so satisfied with those from him at the moment. I get my Let's Play fix from a short lifespan Legacy series lilsimsie is doing. I also follow many Simmers/Gurus on Twitter. In the past I followed a favorite singer and his fans there, but switched it up for Simmers/Gurus a year or so ago. Facebook is strictly for my family/friends, etc. I have a Tumblr, but haven't used it in years and don't follow any Simmers there.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    YouTube
    I watch DrGluon's let's plays.
    I used to watch James Turner too, but he's not doing much Sims 4 anymore.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    None
    I don’t regularly participate in anything but this forum. I will occasionally check a YouTube review or other media if it crosses my feed and is interesting.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    YouTube
    I follow a few YouTube channels pretty regularly. I do have a Twitter account and once in a while, when I'm feeling particularly patient, I'll go and look around. But to be honest, I just can't stand the wailing Puritans who show up there for the persecution trials.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    YouTube
    I watch a few Sims Youtubers, mostly news and speculation. Sometimes I'll watch a mod review.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    YouTube
    I sometimes watch videos on YouTube. I've subscribed to a couple of channels so I watch their videos when they're released. I watch other videos when I'm wanting to know more about a pack I'm considering buying. There were other Sims videos I used to watch, but now I do not have time. I reduced the amount of videos I watch when I started making my own videos and started up my own channel, but then I also got work so now have only weekends for Sims and that's taken up with making my own videos or playing the game.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    None
    I watch the odd speed build on youtube once in a blue moon if I'm looking for some inspiration, but not often enough to even count that as a 'thing'.

Otherwise I'm on here to see what's new or I'm playing the game.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited January 2022
    Tumblr
    I like tumblr for its variety of builders, cc creators, storytellers and challenge/legacy players. Sometimes someone will post a rant or hype post, but most of the time it is a discussion free place to just sit back and enjoy. I only follow simblrs on tumblr, and only rarely search for other fandom content.

I also regularly browse several gaming related subreddits, but not nearly as often as I visit simblr.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    YouTube
    YouTube and fan sites (Simstime and Alala Sims are the bigger Brazilian ones). <3
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    None
    I responded "none" but I did yesterday sign up for tumblr just so I could follow an interesting story. I haven't actually logged in yet though. @EnkiSchmidt , any recommendations for good sim stories on tumblr?

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited January 2022
    Tumblr
    @mightsyprite

For scripted stores look no further than our TC's (@Queenofmyshuno) Sims 4 vintage story/rotational play! It's a really good read (albeit not getting updated anymore, nudge, nudge).

These are my current favorite blogs for gameplay:

moocha-muses with a very wholesome, heartwarming and funny Sims 2 rotational play.

melsie-sims with a Sims 4 BACC. Her sims have that quirk that they are aware of game terms like "aspiration" and the need to unlock goals to proceed.

daisydezem with a Sims 4 BACC featuring Johnny Zest in Sulani.

landgraabsims with a Sims 2 legacy featuring Malcolm Landgraab, starting from nothing.

talesofsimverse is currently playing a LEPacy with the Sims 4 premades, but check out her Relocation gameplay/story with the Sims 2 premades, too!

For pictures (also including story bits):

Budgie2budgie with her Sims 4 rotational play, photoshoots and cc (decosims!)

Satureja13 with her zombie detective (but also other households). Amazing screenshots you'd think are posed, but they don't use poses, only ever ingame means of getting the desired screenshots.

Honoary mention to greenfooddog. She is currently inactive, but check her archives for the tag Alpha legacy.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    I don't have any account for twitter, facebook or other social media ect. I don't like these platforms.

But I do love reading and writing on the forums, mainly the german. :) I like that people are taking their time to write down their thoughts and having real conversations.

I also like to watch buildvideos on youtube. Some Let's Play Videos (mainly James Turner) are fun to watch.
    And Iron Seagull is my favourite Sims-News Channel.