Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Pack #11 speculation

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »
    Jinkx wrote: »
    Will they add gender preferences? :)

Twitter keyboard warriors would throw a fit.

Really, what's their issue with preferences?

They think it‘s 🐲🐲🐲🐲 even though many homosexual simmers want an attraction system too. LittleMsSam was attacked for having an optional ~opposite gender only~ addon for her First Love Mod. She ended up removing it. Twitter wokesters are so annoying.

While I find it ridiculous to get upset by something optional (just opt out), perhaps there are better ways to add preferences that wouldn't get the same reactions. Adding a scale perhaps, or an option to choose both (or if you do not choose at all it's automatically both). An option for neither would also be good, representing those who are asexual and/or aromantic.

How does this differ from LMS‘s approach?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    Maybe 108th means 18th? That they will show us something on the 18th and then it will release the following Tuesday?

I agree, I think that's what it means.. Trailer on the 18th, patch on the 27th, GP release on February 1st? The GP was mentioned before the Kit in the roadmap after all.

I hope you're right. If so we can expect a trailer next week.
  • Options
    EA posted this Today. I think their hinting at a Love Pack.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    It is definitley a wedding pack! The new webpage (The Sims 4) said "I do!" as a hint for the GP for a short time.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I will be extremely disappointed if it's a Wedding Pack. I know people want more options, but for me personally I don't plan to ever get married, long-term relationship or not, and so when I'm playing with my Sims, the idea of weddings literally does not even cross my mind. My desire for more romantic content in-game is entirely to do with relationships, not weddings. If this pack is just about weddings/wedding planning/building the perfect wedding venue, I'm going to be completely let down, unless a Romance EP is following soon after this year. I'm hoping that wedding stuff is included in the pack, but not the main/only focus of it. Especially since that could easily be covered by a Stuff Pack, in the vein of Paranormal.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I love wedding content, so I am pretty happy about the theme, but I am still curious about the gameplay aspect. (Like, why is it a game pack and not a stuff pack.)

Perhaps a free base game update will come with it, like an attraction or crush system…
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    How I see the number 108: Finger + ring = Forever (eternity).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    108 has a lot of ties to Buddhism. Buddhist malas usually have 108 beads, there's 108 afflictions, etc. It's also found its way into various forms of pop culture, usually in Eastern media. Some notable examples include:
    • The 1008-year long Dragon Break in The Elder Scrolls lore.
    • The number of species that originally existed in The Legend of Dragoon, which included dragons.
    • In Dragon Ball Z, Dende is the 108th son of the fat Namekian elder guy.
    • You collect 108 special characters in Suikoden games, many of whom ride dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    They could drop the trailer at 11am this morning cause the LS isn't starting till 2pm Eastern.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited January 2022
    Really, I'd almost rather the trailer drop right after the livestream, because even though I never have chat open during the streams, I'd imagine that a trailer drop before would result in chat basically constantly shouting about whatever interpretation of the trailer they had that they didn't like, and that isn't fair to the Maxis people streaming something that specifically isn't intended to talk about paid content.
  • Options
    Iem89Iem89 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Tabbykatm20 said:
    > I would actually like to see a world based on India, because I don't think we ever have in the Sims franchise. Hindu weddings are also some of the most renowned.

I don’t think you’d be way off on that, notice how the there is both a peacock and tiger print within the confetti, both symbolic animals for India! I would LOVE that also!
  • Options
    Iem89Iem89 Posts: 3 New Member
    ^Peac0ck is what I meant to type…didn’t know the animal’s name was considered profanity!
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
    Sometimes the filter gets a little overzealous, its been removed from the filtered list now.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »
    Jinkx wrote: »
    Will they add gender preferences? :)

Twitter keyboard warriors would throw a fit.

Really, what's their issue with preferences?

They think it‘s 🐲🐲🐲🐲 even though many homosexual simmers want an attraction system too. LittleMsSam was attacked for having an optional ~opposite gender only~ addon for her First Love Mod. She ended up removing it. Twitter wokesters are so annoying.

While I find it ridiculous to get upset by something optional (just opt out), perhaps there are better ways to add preferences that wouldn't get the same reactions. Adding a scale perhaps, or an option to choose both (or if you do not choose at all it's automatically both). An option for neither would also be good, representing those who are asexual and/or aromantic.

How does this differ from LMS‘s approach?

Not much, I admit. The main difference would be that it doesn't call it a "opposite gender only" option, but would be a "gender choice option". The distinction is small, but perhaps there would be a more sensible reaction to it if it doesn't seem to be excluding anyone? Or maybe I'm just hoping :)

Also a gender choice option would be individual to the sim itself. This sim likes both, that sim likes women, that sim likes neither - rather than a choice for the game itself. Then again, I haven't downloaded that particular mod from LMS so I don't know if it was sim-based or game-based but it sounded like the second.

(Do note that I do think the reaction was an overreaction as it was optional, so not in any way shape or form defending it. Just hoping there is a way around that reaction.)
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Reedfish wrote: »
    I will be extremely disappointed if it's a Wedding Pack. If this pack is just about weddings/wedding planning/building the perfect wedding venue, I'm going to be completely let down, unless a Romance EP is following soon after this year. I'm hoping that wedding stuff is included in the pack, but not the main/only focus of it. Especially since that could easily be covered by a Stuff Pack, in the vein of Paranormal.

Have to agree, I really hope this pack will have some other element to it rather than just weddings. Weddings are very rare occasions so this pack needs some alternative content to make it useful other than once in a blue moon. Also hoping the "other gameplay" isn't a wedding planning career like people have theorised, I don't wanna see all the townies being spawned in and getting married totally randomly, if you don't have other packs you'll do 4 weddings and suddenly the entire populations of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs will be married to random people.
  • Options
    LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member
    Best case scenario; theyre using weddings as the general theme to sell the gamepack, but the gamepack includes a lot of new content for most things related to romance, so an attraction system, one sided crushes, plenty of new romance interactions etc etc.

Worst case scenario; its a freaking ''wedding planning career'' centered pack with barely any new gameplay being added to the actual romance in this game
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

I would really like a wedding planner or matchmaker career and aspirations. I'm looking forward to this pack. I'm really hoping for dances, a bridal veil and wedding crowns, an attraction system based on skills, traits, likes and dislikes, zodiac signs, anything really, and new romance socials, and hopefully there will be a new destination world or neighbourhood. And I would really like a matchmaker and dating app in the game that would be so fun.

There is already gender attraction preference in the game so I'm not really expecting anything new for that. Every time you complete a positive romance social with another Sim it increases their gender preference by 10 and decreases for the other, so after 10 romance socials, your Sim has 100% gender attraction preference. I think it would be nice if in addition to that they could just add a simple category in CAS to select preference for one gender or the other, or for both, or for no one, to go with the flirty and unflirty traits, and the romance category would then come up accordingly. It is unrealistic and awkward when your Sims get romance socials come up for everyone including all your Sim's friends and other Sims your Sim actually hates, or when they behave in a flirty way towards absolutely everyone when they randomly get in a flirty mood. Even if the flirty mood does not impact their romance level I think it is awkward. Overall the gameplay works much better compared to earlier games though. I haven't accidently messed up anyone's relationships in Sims 4 yet.

Another thing I'm looking forward too is new party clothes and decorations. I'm praying for a wedding limo, but that might be a miracle without any other cars in sight.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I would really like a wedding planner or matchmaker career and aspirations. I'm looking forward to this pack. I'm really hoping for dances, a bridal veil and wedding crowns, an attraction system based on skills, traits, likes and dislikes, zodiac signs, anything really, and new romance socials, and hopefully there will be a new destination world or neighbourhood. And I would really like a matchmaker and dating app in the game that would be so fun.

There is already gender attraction preference in the game so I'm not really expecting anything new for that. Every time you complete a positive romance social with another Sim it increases their gender preference by 10 and decreases for the other, so after 10 romance socials, your Sim has 100% gender attraction preference. I think it would be nice if in addition to that they could just add a simple category in CAS to select preference for one gender or the other, or for both, or for no one, to go with the flirty and unflirty traits, and the romance category would then come up accordingly. It is unrealistic and awkward when your Sims get romance socials come up for everyone including all your Sim's friends and other Sims your Sim actually hates, or when they behave in a flirty way towards absolutely everyone when they randomly get in a flirty mood. Even if the flirty mood does not impact their romance level I think it is awkward. Overall the gameplay works much better compared to earlier games though. I haven't accidently messed up anyone's relationships in Sims 4 yet.

Another thing I'm looking forward too is new party clothes and decorations. I'm praying for a wedding limo, but that might be a miracle without any other cars in sight.

A wedding bicycle perhaps? One that two sims can ride at the same time, and with a string of aluminum cans trailing behind. 😂
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

A wedding bicycle perhaps? One that two sims can ride at the same time, and with a string of aluminum cans trailing behind. 😂

@crocobaura That would be amazing!! :love: Okay, it's not exactly a Limo :joy: , but still I would love it especially if it comes with an Amsterdam style destination world with lots of coffee shops and parties or little canals to ride boats on.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

@crocobaura That would be amazing!! :love: Okay, it's not exactly a Limo :joy: , but still I would love it especially if it comes with an Amsterdam style destination world with lots of coffee shops and parties or little canals to ride boats on.

An Amsterdam world would be so pretty. 😍 Lovely canals, lots of bicycles and tulips everywhere.
  • Options

An Amsterdam world would be so pretty. 😍 Lovely canals, lots of bicycles and tulips everywhere.

Yes, and a tulip festival. We have a tulip festival in Canada too and it's really lovely. I'm not sure if it's a wedding or just a romance pack, but either way I really hope we get a new world.

• Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I glanced at some of the comments and thought "great! Gardening is going to get some love!" But it's WEDDING, not WEEDING. I am a doofus occasionally.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    I glanced at some of the comments and thought "great! Gardening is going to get some love!" But it's WEDDING, not WEEDING. I am a doofus occasionally.

A weeding pack 😭😭😭🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Ithis would be a good opportunity to add new photo features for capturing the special occasions!? Will sims be able to get group shots with family at these weddings? That would be a nice add.

That would be awesome. It would also be cool that if you own GP11 and Moschino, you can get wedding-related gigs in the photography career, or make it possible in an update when GP 11 launches. Wishful thinking, I know, but it’d be cool nonetheless :lol:

I love cross comparability.