Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Harmony Island

I am using @Rflong7's Supernatural Island for this world. Many of the buildings were built by @Hidehi and others that participated in the world thread. Some I built. The thread is here.
Many of the sims in this world were gifts from other simmers. Some are their simselves. Some I created. A few were from the exchange collected over the years and I have no idea who created them. None are EA sims except those homeless or sims thrown in by Nraas SP to man the bars and other jobs. I will eventually give those makeovers. :wink:

Prologue

The Great War between the rogue supernatural beings and the humans with the assistance of friendly supernaturals is finally over. The devastation was catastrophic on all sides. A group of humans and supernaturals that worked together during the war banded together to search for a safe place to live and raise their families in peace. One of the survivors, a scholar, had heard of a mythical island in the southern seas settled by supernaturals many centuries ago, but hidden from the world. A search party was formed to discover the island.

After many months of searching an area of dense fog appears. So dense in fact they could not enter. The strange fog actually occurred from multiple spells that warded a massive area in the ocean. The magi in the party harnessed their considerable powers to unravel the wards. One by one the spells collapsed from their combined powers. As the fog lifted, they could see a large island with mountains, forests and beaches. What wonders await discovery?
51795177866_ce994fcfc8_o.jpg

Searching the island they were astounded to discover it was completely deserted. Not a single soul remained. No records disclosed what happened to the missing population, when or why they vanished. The homes were furnished and mostly in good repair. A few would require some renovation and of course modern appliances would be needed.
51795266235_8bf7f9a65e_o.jpg
51794898859_c20471f7f8_o.jpg

After much discussion, it was decided that the island would not be hidden. Anyone would be welcome to join them upon application. They would have to prove themselves useful to the community. All residents would be required to pay taxes for upkeep of government buildings, roads, parks and of course staff. Improvements on the private properties would be the responsibilities of the owner. The island was explored and mapped. They found several small islands shrouded in fog, creating a puzzle that will have to be solved later.
51794231407_649db553ec_o.jpg

Lots and homes were assigned based on the needs of each family. Surprisingly, no disputes occurred over the choices of homes. They have learned the art of compromise having made it through the horrible war and desire for a peaceful existence.

With the help of the vampire community, the magic users set up teleport points. The remaining family members of the initial settlers were able to teleport to the island rather than suffering the tedious voyage by ship. Other survivors would be invited to join the community over time. Those with a connection to the first settlers would be given priority.
51798203150_0a9fabdc44_o.jpg

The leaders of each occult will govern the island as a group to set up rules and settle any disputes. They will retain their leadership titles if they choose. The hope is the differences between each occult would strengthen the community rather than weakening it. By tradition, the supernatural and humans are used to being ruled by one King or Queen with advisors to help with decision making. A King or Queen will be selected once the remaining survivors arrive and are settled on the island. The selection will enable their leader to participate in the greater world decisions and promote peace among the other towns and hopefully avoid future wars. Several names for the new world were suggested and by popular vote among the settlers Harmony Island was chosen.

Governors of the Island

Jarrett Fernandes, Merfolk King, scholar and diver. He is the one who knew about the island from his research over the years.
51798379985_f8130f560f_o.jpg

Dr. Sam Beckett is a renowned surgeon who specialized in treating the supernatural during the war. He was trusted by humans and supernaturals. He was asked to join the group as human liaison.
51797770033_d0bff64c23_o.jpg

Commander Sun'nu led the alien warriors and retired from her commission to join the group. She wants to spend her last few years living in peace and hopes to convince her daughter to provide her with some grandchildren.
51796700687_4607459662_o.jpg

Tyler Helmquist, King of the Fairies led his band of Fairy warriors to many victories after his father the King was felled in battle. All Tyler wants out of life is solitude and all the books he could read. Life had other plans though and he rose to the occasion whether he wanted to or not.
51798017479_bd37504771_o.jpg

Gretchen Darkmoor, a very powerful priestess as well as a fairy is the leader of the magic users. She commanded a magical regiment during the wars reluctantly, preferring a life of magical research.
51797649541_2f4c9afcf0_o.jpg

Iris Birch is a powerful dryad using earth magic. She kept the troops fed with her ability to provide perfect fruits and vegetables within a few days of planting. She wants nothing more to do with death and destruction.
51797769953_7900539951_o.jpg

Alaric Kincaid an ancient and master vampire. He has explored many places over his long life and is saddened by the destruction he saw during the war. He befriended a plant family that he rescued early on and they became the family he lost many centuries ago.
51797649476_e71c67e01c_o.jpg

Jorge Galactosa, Prime genie, an ancient being but not as old as Alaric. He spent many centuries locked in a lamp and was freed just in time to join the war. He wants nothing to do with war ever again. He wants to raise babies with the love of his life, Judy and practice magic and make people laugh and happy in awe of his tricks.
51797649461_7d3137687a_o.jpg

Shane Fenris :love: Alpha of the were clan lost most of his family during the war. He became Alpha after his father and older brother died during the war. He is still searching for other family members that were scattered because of the war.
51798017279_dc8abed7d8_o.jpg

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @bekkasan: Great proloque. :)
    :) Smile!

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Oh what an awesome beginning, I really like the cast of characters! I am immediately drawn to the King of the Fairies, I love his cocky smirk <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    @Pary Thank you! I think I will enjoy watching him. I begged @AlexaKry for him and she generously allowed me to use him as well as two of her other sims. :heart:
    edited January 2022

Jarrett Fernandes, the Mer King is married to Jalia, also a mermaid who is an aspiring singer. They hated being apart those many months but Jalia stayed busy recording music for an upcoming album.
    51795545919_a95b4cc813_o.jpg

Dr. Sam Beckett is very happy to have his lovely wife Emma close to him once again. Those many months apart were difficult for the newlywed couple. Their dog Audie, sniffed around the new neighborhood and then settled near his family as they sat and cuddled on the swing.
    51795910865_94164edd6b_o.jpg

Commander Sun'nu Xi'chen's family arrived in the second teleport group. Sun and her husband Peidex plan to use their security expertise in the law enforcement field. Their daughter Pen'nu has been a riding enthusiast since her childhood and will not follow her parents footsteps much to their chagrin. Their oldest son and his family are still living and helping in the recovery of Moonlight Falls. He may follow his parents to Harmony Island once he retires.
    51810544168_b34667e0f3_o.jpg

King Tyler enjoys a ride on Orion who was teleported onto the island in the first group. Riding is one of Tyler's many passions and taming the unicorn was one of the highlights of his life.
    51795178201_9c7a19029c_o.jpg

High Priestess Gretchen puts her apprentice Emmaline Rhoen to work right after her arrival to the island. Her skills in alchemy and magic are being tested even though Emmaline recently mastered her Earth magic with the highest marks. Emmaline is a talented and natural witch and wants to learn as much as she can about the different types of magic so she doesn’t mind. She was a part of the magi during the war. She knows it is a privilege being invited to study under the High Priestess.
    51810784549_52467f8ca9_o.jpg

Iris Burch plays with her green dragon as her brother Reed grins at her, excited to be on Harmony Island at last. Reed followed his own path in life and is working towards becoming a top scientist rather than a gardener like his sister.
    51810432611_3b64175e27_o.jpg

Master Vampire Alaric picked out one of the large homes in the town area. He invited his friends to live in the large mansion with him. He feels very protective towards them after rescuing them and trusts them to look after his treasures when he is off on another adventure in foreign lands. Kale Linden is a business man and helps Alaric with his business affairs. His wife, Calla desires nothing more than being surrounded by children. They have two children so far Heather and Thorne.
    51810784454_4a861bbee5_o.jpg

Jorge shows Judy the play area in the yard of the house he picked. She loves the house and the play area for children. She is very excited about their new life on Harmony Island. Judy is not sure what kind of career she wants. For now, she will be helping out at the spa.
    51795303153_9865ea8fc1_o.jpg

Gina was attacked by rogue werewolves during the war and left for dead. Instead of dying, she transformed into a werewolf and stayed in that form not knowing how to transform back into a human. She was found by a group of werewolves and brought to Shane. :love: As Alpha and leader of the were's he can command a transformation that no wolf can ignore even a newbie one. Gina transformed back to her human state with his command, but has difficulty keeping her wolf side dormant. She will stay under Shane's protection and guidance until she learns to control her wolf.
    51795546224_2695939db3_o.jpg

Alfarin Helmquist-Steinsson is cousin and best friend of King Tyler as well as the King's heir unless he marries and has children. His husband Milton Helmquist-Steinsson is an artist as well as High Priest in the magic community. They both served in the war and only want peace in their lives and children...lots of children. Neither like the house that was picked for them but King Tyler wanted them nearby. They both think it looks like someone's maiden aunt used to live here. They both desire to live in a modern home with lots of open space and big windows to let the light in. They plan to hire an architect to build a suitable home nearby. For now, they will bear with this home.
    51795303293_54f82bdd39_o.jpg

David Arellano is Beta in the were clan. Second only to the Alpha. His wife Maria is a mermaid and a writer. They have one daughter Eden who is a mermaid like her Mom. David was in the military during the war and will continue to lead the community in that capacity.
    51795910665_cd14285b9f_o.jpg

Auden Dune is Master Vampire Alaric's second in command. His brother Asher is still a teen and has much to learn and could learn if he would stop flirting with the girls. Auden plays sports when he is not involved with Vampire politics.
    51795910520_4097271475_o.jpg

Mark Woods, a werewolf, will run the local journalism department. He wants to write the greatest Sims novel someday. His spouse Stephen, a vampire, works in education. He has a nurturing nature that should help him with the children of the island as well as his spouse who has commitment issues. Those issues did not keep him from proposing to Stephen.
    51809478862_95222db643_o.jpg

Jewel Sagan was Commander Sun'no's lieutenant during the war. She chose to leave the military when the war ended. She wants to work as an Astronomer with her husband Nash and raise their children Neo, Jade, Astra and Sola in peace here on the island.
    51809478982_bb7c15a460_o.jpg

Jeff Brogden was a member of the military during the war as part of the Genie division. He was second command to Jorge and is a good leader in his own right. He is leaving the military and transferring to the police department. His family arrived during the second teleportation. He was happy to be reunited with his wife Linda, who is a chef. The children are teen twins Sophie and Shaun, twin kids Austin and Abi, twin toddlers Jack and Jill and baby Krista. Linda's parents Brenda and Carl Crane, wanted to stay close to their grandchildren so moved with them. The family is a mixture of Genie, Witch and Fairy occult.
    51810784504_b6c5730705_o.jpg

Lorelei Whitley, mermaid, wife, mother and diver. She worked closely with the mer community during the war. She was also on the team that searched for the island. Her husband Dwight is a human detective, security expert and used to race horses. Because of an injury he can no longer race horses, but can still breed and train them. When Lorelei saw this ranch she knew it was the place for her family. It is also close to the ocean for her and the triplets Erin, Eric and Austin.
    51795303133_299cfd9973_o.jpg

Logan Shields, a handsome witch with his daughter Talia and Fleur his cat, came to the island with the second group of settlers. Logan's wife died in childbirth leaving him to raise his infant daughter alone. He is a great great nephew to the High Priestess, Gretchen. She knew he needed a challenge in his life as he mourned the loss of his soulmate. He works as an educator, so she knew he would be an asset to the island. He chose a small hut on the beach wanting a complete change from the life he lived with his wife.
    51824160954_9c5f684106_o.jpg

The island needed someone skilled to help with the repairs needed to some of the homes and businesses. Andy McHandy, a werewolf in Shane's clan was the perfect choice. He worked with the military upgrading equipment and made a few inventions that turned the tide of the war. He prefers the artistry of sculpting rather than making war machines and jumped at the chance to help out on the island.
    51822872997_aec8db8bb6_o.jpg

More and more applicants are requesting to move to Harmony Island. The Governors are going through each application to determine suitability. The close friends and family members of the current residents will have priority but as spots open up, others will be allowed to immigrate.
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan

Hey, I just found your thread :smiley: . Are you going to continue Mary's story too or did you decide to end it? I see Lorelei, Dwight and their kids are moving on with their life in this save ;) . It's great to see them again!

So many great-looking sims here, and beautiful screenshots too (as always) :blush: . Will be fun to see how their life will be on their new island.

@meerkattime I am going to finish Mary's story. hehe, @emorrill is nagging me! :heart: I had a rough patch in November and December as well as super busy with work and other things, and put it on hold. When I had time to play I either built or messed in Supernatural as I didn't have to do as much thinking. Writing doesn't come as easy to me as it does to others. I decided to do the introduction since I had so many pictures ready for Supernatural. I hope I won't have to work this weekend and perhaps can start writing for Mary.

Thank you! Yes, I had to bring Dwight and Lorelei forward to this story. I considered bringing the Ballan family but they would fill the whole world up by themselves. :lol: I need to fix their folder or move them to another one.
  • CeresInayCeresInay Posts: 36 Member
    Bookmarked. The presentation of the characters was interesting. From the comments I realize that this is a kind of continuation of Mary Kendall's story. I'm reading that one, but I'm just in the first chapters. I hope I can read this while reading the other and not have to wait.

@CeresInay Thanks for reading and commenting. This story is a stand alone using sims that I've collected over the years from friends and the exchange, as well as some I created. I've wanted to use one of @Rflong7 worlds for years and finally have a desktop that should handle it.

Mary's story is separate and will be finished. I actually wrote a bit yesterday afternoon in it. I hope you enjoy getting to know Mary and the other characters in that story.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    What an interesting beginning. I'm really curious what happened to the former residents!
    The island looks great to! Can't wait to see what they uncover.

@GraceyManor It is a mystery and perhaps one that will be solved over time. :grin:
    Thanks for the comments!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @GraceyManor It is a mystery and perhaps one that will be solved over time. :grin:
    Thanks for the comments!

I love mysteries!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @bekkasan: Awesome intro. :) I can't wait to read more.
    :) Smile!

Thank you @Puddinroy. Should have more soon. I'm actually writing in Mary's story this weekend. :smiley:

I added two sims to the last update that I accidentally forgot to include. :blush: