Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to repel an initiative in Eco Lifestyle.

BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
It's impossible if you're playing a single sim. We need 5 votes, but we can only vote once. And every lot has different initiatives so it's not possible to switch households to vote and repel either. I can even talk about repeling a vote to other sims, but they prefer to ignore it. You see them signing in front of you, but their vote is never registered. So once an initiative is in place it's usually there to stay. Unless I' wrong and I missed something...

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    It works for me if I go around the neighborhood and get signatures from anyone walking around and if I visit the neighbors homes for the signatures. Not everyone who you ask for a signature actually is willing to sign, you get a negative moodlet that shows they did NOT sign when this happens.

And it has to be done in YOUR neighborhood (neighborhood, not world), so only signatures gained when your lot is active or a lot of one of the actual neighbors homes if you use your sim to "visit" them at home.

A super easy way to get 5 signatures quickly is to do it during a holiday with the "Remembrance" holiday tradition. This causes ghosts to spawn and walk around in the neighborhood and getting their signatures counts.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I thought their vote didn't count at all, so I guess the sim in question refused to sign it.
    I still saw him signing though, so they could have used a different animation at least.

And to me it's strange that you can visit neighboor homes for signatures, since every lot has different initiatives.
    But I'll take your word for it. It's a lot of work haha. Maybe I'll throw a kava party and use that as an excuse to get signatures.
    Every lot doesn't have different initiatives though, every neighborhood does. All homes in the same neighborhood have the same initiatives. Perhaps you are confusing "neighborhoods" with "worlds". They aren't the same thing. Each world has several neighborhoods in it, typically with ~4 lots in it.
    edited January 2022
    Not in my game! In my game it's different for every lot. Even the eco footprint is different from lot to lot. I had a sim living for many years in one house, then she won the lottery and moved to a bigger lot. Now I have to start from 0 initiatives again, and the eco footprint has reset. I don't think it bugged at the moving, because I noticed the eco footprint being different way before moving to a different house

Edit : maybe I do mix neighborhood with city. She did move to another neighborhood. I'll have to check in my game with this new info.
    Thank you.
    Neighborhoods are the areas that you can visit from a lot without going to the world-view, just by walking over and clicking the visible house/business/lot in the live game mode. They are shown in world view with little colorful icons that give a name and brief description of that area when you mouse over them.

So, for example, in this image of Henford-on-Bagley, the neighborhood names have been filled in. It has 3 neighborhoods: Bramblewood, Old New Henford and Finchwick. All 4 lots in Finchwick will have the same initiatives and eco footprint, but the homes in Bramblewood and Old New Henford would have different ones.
    ei1qR2x.jpg

When you are in the world view there's a button at the top to toggle the display of eco footprints. When you do that, the individual neighborhoods are demarcated with circles (in the eco footprint color) drawn around each neighborhood. So like in this image you can see 3 different neighborhoods circled, each which has their own eco footprint, but ALL lots in each of those circles is the same.
    how-eco-footprint.jpg

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Hi @BlueOvale
    During the repeal process, you can see your progress on gathering the 5 signatures if you look in the panel that shows your sim's traits and scroll down to the N.A.P. section.

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    edited January 2022
    If all else fails, you can also cheat NAPs out of existence; just shift-click on the mailbox and select Instant Repeal Neighborhood Action Plan. Because democracy is a mug's game when you have absolute power available to you, right?
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
    @mightysprite. I used my mailbox, I think that works too.

@ACruelButLovingGod. Woah, talk about a shortcut.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    oh yeah, mailbox cheat is the way to go for this, esp if you only have a one-sim household in the neighborhood or bounce between households a lot
    (i go to every neighborhood to make sure they're set up to match my story ideas for said neighborhood... which in general is 'nobody gets sharing is caring' and then goes more specific per neighborhood from there)