March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The end of my challenge or I need your opinion

Hello Simmers,

A few of you know that I'm writing about my decade challenge the whole story here in the What's happened in your Game today?- Thread. Usually I plan a couple of years ahead for my game. But now I'm almost at the official end of the decade challenge and I don't know what I should do and I need your opinion.

I'm playing my family since over 1 1/2 years. I really had fun in the early stages of that challenge and my original plan was to re-do that challenge with better surroundings at the beginning, and better controlling of the background families. But now I'm really attached to this family, which is now in the six generation. The worlds and community lots are made how I need them for my gameplay. My problem is the game with mods, savefiles and families (thanks to mccc) is really big right now, so I have a lot of long loading screens. I need a reset, otherwise I will lose my fun during the waiting times. Also I need to reduce the families at all, which I need to kill and not just delete them. Which feels kind of weird in these times and for the future I don't want to jinx it. If I decide to play the family I'm going into the future which I can't good predict and I'm not sure if I should write about it anyway.

I'm really unsure at the moment, so please help me.

The end of my challenge or I need your opinion 10 votes

Stay with the original plan and restart the Decade Challenge
0%
Keep playing the family, maybe in a fresh game
70%
StormkeepYautjagirlGalaxySimsGirlSERVERFRAmightyspriteACruelButLovingGodZoeyevester 7 votes
Others (please let me hear your opinion)
30%
DoloresGreyWaytoomanyUIDsHavenRose 3 votes

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Keep playing the family, maybe in a fresh game
    I play long term games as well, and I gotta say....even if you feel the need to start a new game because of load times, don't ditch the families! That's the best part of the progress you've made. Besides, you've been sharing the stories, and just starting all over would be a disservice to your fans.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    Here’s what I would do (based on my own experience of needing to start a new save but with my current sims). I’d first back up this save. I’d save any homes and community lots to your own offline gallery, as well as any families you want to continue playing (if there’s stuff in their inventories you would want to keep, put in their house before saving it). I’d start a new save file and set up all the houses and community lots the way you like them to make a starting point. Before putting your family in, you can “save as” into another save file so you don’t have to reset the lots if you want to start over again. You don’t have to keep playing decades if it’s no longer working for this family. If you don’t like playing them without the challenge aspect, it’s easy enough to go back and start a new decades challenge, either from a starter save or a brand new one. If you really love a particular sim in your current generation, there’s also no rule that you can’t throw them back in time to restart the decades challenge as part of a freak time travel accident.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Start a new decades challenge in a new save and keep this save and keep playing it as an ordinary save.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Thank you all for your answers, I guess I will do it like you have suggested. It helps me a lot. I'm notorius in restarting a new game, and never stayed long enough on one family, but on this family I was returning everytime. Thank you again :)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I play my save for about 2-3 years, many generations. I finished my Decades with my family. And I keep going!
    Anyway, if I had your issue, I would save everything I needed to the gallery - not just the library but the gallery. And then I would transfer it to a brand new save, making a backstory that they moved across continents or something like that.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p