Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living, "Errand" help needed

StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
One of my played sims currently has an errand with the goal to "Win a Competition at the Finchwick fair". I've had him enter the competitions every week for 3 sim weeks now and he finally won first place with an Excellent bottle of golden milk. But the errand didn't get marked as complete for that goal.

My question is, do only specific competitions count for it? Like...is good milk not one that qualifies? Or is the errand just bugged for me?

It makes me kind of sad, so much effort into all these competitions and finally getting a first place ribbon but still not good enough for the errand. :(
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I think it might be bugged. Those competitions are a bit touchy sometimes. My llama won one and instead of putting it back in the household inventory after the fair it went in my sims personal inventory where it got completely stuck and had to be deleted. Is the fair completely over in your game? It may be waiting for that to happen to tick of the goal, it may do it once you return to your home lot also. If this don’t work you could try repairing your game, and/or deleting your localthumbcache file. If you use the UI cheats extension mod you can also manually tick off the goal by right clicking it.
  • Options
    Yah, the faire is over. It's been a few sim days now and still nothing.

I was thinking I should have maybe left the fair early instead of staying there until it was over. I've gotten 2nd and 3rd place a few times when I've done that and maybe it would have worked for completing the goal instead of glitching.

I have tried the cache thing and repair already with no luck.

Thank you for the tip about the UI cheats extension mod. At this point I'm more than willing to cheat to mark it complete seeing as I DID actually complete it. I'll just have to add that mod into my game, because I don't currently use it. That's not a problem.

So thank you SO much for the tips. I appreciate it.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Nah, my sims usually submit their entries then go to the Gnome Arms for a drink and some darts, then home. I get notified after the fair is over, but my sim never stays.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Nah, my sims usually submit their entries then go to the Gnome Arms for a drink and some darts, then home. I get notified after the fair is over, but my sim never stays.

Yah, I usually don't stay either but I did this time. I renovated the Gnome Arms and it has a lot more to do, including a computer room on the 2nd level. This particular Sim is a writer so I just sent him up there to work on his novel while the fair was going on....next thing I knew, the fair was over and he'd won.