Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legacy Challenge

I have been curious on playing the legacy challenge, but I don't like playing sims and having them age and die (I know I just don't like to see real life stuff happen), so I wasn't sure how to go about doing it? I thought it would be a fun challenge.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Do you have the vampire pack? Vampire sims are immortal so you could play a legacy without anyone ever aging beyond a YA
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    This would be some work, but turn off aging, keep track of how many Sim days go by, and manually age them up each time until they reach adult. Once they hit the number of Sim days when they should become an elder, you could maybe turn their hair grey and give them some wrinkles so they superficially look older.

If you're trying to play by the challenge rules to some extent, give only a certain amount of time to each heir before moving on to the next one.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    I used to play like that, too. I usually played with either aging off and just aged my sims up manually. I sometimes also just cheated or prepared ambrosia in advance.

My fave method was playing with aging off.
    I made sure to either move my heir out once they turned YA or move the other family members out.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited December 2021
    You have them live forever if you want. Legacy is playing the same family bloodline over the course of several(10) generations. You can make your own rules to it if you want.
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    edited December 2021
    I only play legacies, and I play them by my own rules. Basically, if the game allows it without cheats, it's fair game. I also let my Sims have as many kids as I think they should, but I play in rotation every branch of the tree. I don't do the heir and the spare thing. I've never played with aging off though. I hate when my Sims die, but dying helps continue the stories I make up.