Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible occult hint?

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    There are base game hidden traits to make sims immortal and ageless. Alex Moyer and Jasmine Holiday both have the ageless one, so does Father winter, Grim etc.

If you can figure out what they are, you could apply them with the traits.equip_trait <traitname> cheat.

I've been Googling trying to find them, but haven't had any luck.

Isn’t there a potion Spellmakers could make that makes them immortal? (Or am I thinking of Sims 1 or 3, lol?)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    > @VeeDub said:
    > I'd be glad for werewolves, but I'd likely give fairies a miss. Well, unless they turn out to be more than tiny Disney-like sprites or something, which I doubt.

I'm hoping it's something like the Tinkerbell movies if it's the Faries/Pixies.

I hope it gives a variety of fairies, from cutesy ones to more mischievous/dangerous/naughty ones. I personally hope it’s like Sim 3 fairies, but maybe with more fairy content and maybe leveling system similar to Vampires (or Spellcasters?).
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    While we fantasy occult players wait & twiddle our thumbs for Fairies & Werewolves.
    I would love a Cupid/Eros/Aphrodite in the new Romance Gameplay Pack that's coming up. <3
    PLEASE!! ;)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited January 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    While we fantasy occult players wait & twiddle our thumbs for Fairies & Werewolves.
    I would love a Cupid/Eros/Aphrodite in the new Romance Gameplay Pack that's coming up. <3
    PLEASE!! ;)

How about mischievous fairies throwing love spells?
    To be honest, if the main theme is love, then any occult in such a pack would be a side feature with no more depth than aliens and mermaids. Not the ideal scenario.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    PLEASE!! ;)

To be honest, if the main theme is love, then any occult in such a pack would be a side feature with no more depth than aliens and werewolves. Not the ideal scenario.

The occults that have no skill tree like aliens and mermaids?
  • Options
    Arca wrote: »
    PLEASE!! ;)

To be honest, if the main theme is love, then any occult in such a pack would be a side feature with no more depth than aliens and werewolves. Not the ideal scenario.

The occults that have no skill tree like aliens and mermaids?

Oops, wishful thinking took over while typing. I meant to say mermaids. I'll edit my post. Thanks
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Honestly, I'd take just about any occult at this point I'm so starved for them. Even if they do only get the mermaid/alien treatment. (Though of course I would prefer the Vampire and Spellcaster treatment) I just don't want to have to wait another full year until we get a new occult, especially when we occult players are already so shoved aside as it is.

I love both werewolves and faeries and as long as we get both, don't really care which one we get first but I am slightly afraid EA might take the Tinkerbell route with the latter, so I'm leaning more in favor of werewolves first for that reason alone. I don't really expect that we'll get proper fae, but if they went more Maleficent with the different types of Moor Fairies and Dark Fey, I wouldn't be too disappointed at least. And well that would be much better than Tinkerbell like sprites.

I love lighter Victorian/Tinkerbell fairies as well as dark fae, so I hope we can get some customization there.

I want us occult fans who like more light-hearted occults have opportunities as well. Let those of us who like light-hearted fairies like Tinkerbell have them, too, please.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    I sure hope so!
    Werewolves have been long overdue.
    Also, this appeared in my game today!
    9s9wO2L.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    To be honest, if the main theme is love, then any occult in such a pack would be a side feature with no more depth than aliens and mermaids. Not the ideal scenario.
    Good thing dragons don't need much. And they fit the theme because I love dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    Good thing dragons don't need much. And they fit the theme because I love dragons.

I really miss having dragon pets for my sims. I enjoyed having them in my game in sims 1. Let's hope we can get them at some point.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    /snip/

I hope there's a CAS option for fairies to have invisible or no wings, I wish I didn't have to use cheats to make elves by creating vampires/ spellcasters hybrids, I think I broke my game by doing that since I now get pop ups telling me that I don't have my own content installed, despite having all my packs already downloaded and installed.

Why would you need to hybridise spellcasters to get elves? Spellcasters already have access to the pointy ear sliders.

For the agelessness, Spellcasters tend to age like Normal sims.
    Have you ever played a D&D game, also known as Dungeons & Dragons before? If you have, then you should know by now that Spellcasters in the Sims are the same as mages in the RPG game D&D. Which means that several races can cast spell, among them elves and humans. Now since Spellcasters are sims and sims are humans. So they should age like humans. You can always go into options and disable aging for your played sims to achieve your immortality that way :)

I have I usually play as Elves or Tieflings, I even played as a Dragonborn myself a couple of times.
    I have never played a Dragonborn in D & D before. I had always played a Human
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Honestly, I'd take just about any occult at this point I'm so starved for them. Even if they do only get the mermaid/alien treatment. (Though of course I would prefer the Vampire and Spellcaster treatment) I just don't want to have to wait another full year until we get a new occult, especially when we occult players are already so shoved aside as it is.

I love both werewolves and faeries and as long as we get both, don't really care which one we get first but I am slightly afraid EA might take the Tinkerbell route with the latter, so I'm leaning more in favor of werewolves first for that reason alone. I don't really expect that we'll get proper fae, but if they went more Maleficent with the different types of Moor Fairies and Dark Fey, I wouldn't be too disappointed at least. And well that would be much better than Tinkerbell like sprites.

I love lighter Victorian/Tinkerbell fairies as well as dark fae, so I hope we can get some customization there.

I want us occult fans who like more light-hearted occults have opportunities as well. Let those of us who like light-hearted fairies like Tinkerbell have them, too, please.

Oh, I don't mind if the Victorian/Tinkerbell faeries are a type of fae that can be created. I just don't want them to be the only kind of faeries we get. Sorry I should have been more clear in my comment.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member

Oh, I don't mind if the Victorian/Tinkerbell faeries are a type of fae that can be created. I just don't want them to be the only kind of faeries we get. Sorry I should have been more clear in my comment.

Dullahans are by far the coolest types of Fairies, they can remove their own heads at will, there's no blood comes out of the neck when they do this it's usually dispicted as black smoke in animated dispictions, and carry their heads wherever they go, they're basically the headless horseman except that they're not undead and can reattach their own heads.
  • Options

Dullahans are by far the coolest types of Fairies, they can remove their own heads at will, there's no blood comes out of the neck when they do this it's usually dispicted as black smoke in animated dispictions, and carry their heads wherever they go, they're basically the headless horseman except that they're not undead and can reattach their own heads.

Oh my goodness YES! Dullahans are indeed super cool. Normally I'm weirded out with headless, but considering there is no blood or gore with Dullahans they are not nearly as scary for me. And considering they are often just depicted with black smoke when removing their heads, this shouldn't affect the rating of Sims at all or be considered too "adult" either.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Oh, I see! Sorry for my defensiveness. I sometimes see these fantasy occult threads and I often see lighter-hearted vampires or lighter-hearted occults often put down in these kinds of threads or are not seen as “real” occults, so I had a reacted incorrectly in my misunderstanding. I apologize for that. 🙁

Yes, I would love a variety of occults, too! 🙂👍 From light-hearted ones to darker-themed ones.
    (She/her)
  • Options

Oh, I see! Sorry for my defensiveness. I sometimes see these fantasy occult threads and I often see lighter-hearted vampires or lighter-hearted occults often put down in these kinds of threads or are not seen as “real” occults, so I had a reacted incorrectly in my misunderstanding. I apologize for that. 🙁

Yes, I would love a variety of occults, too! 🙂👍 From light-hearted ones to darker-themed ones.

No need to apologize. It was totally just a misunderstanding. And I can honestly understand the defensiveness, so there are no hard feelings on my part at all. :smile:

And while I can't speak for everyone, I think a lot of the "not real occults" argument stems more from the fact that a lot of us associate the term "light-hearted" with the nerfing trend that happens to occults rather than the actual species. I mean I have seen quite a few people ask for elves in addition to fae, and others even mention things like unicorns and improved plant sims. So I would assume that it has more to do with the nerfing than anything else. A lot of anti-occult people who want nothing to do with them in their games still buy the packs dedicated to occults only to later cry and complain so much that the devs end up turning the occult activity down. And usually it ends up being turned down so low that those of us who do want the occult stuff in our games can barely notice it unless we are actively playing the occults at all times and directing their movements.

I've used the term before to describe mermaids, not because of their light-heartedness but because they're so underdeveloped and you barely notice them doing their own thing. :/ If they had perk trees or selectable powers that we even half as in-depth as that of vampires and spellcasters, I would consider them real occults indeed. I mean mermaids are fun when you're actively playing with them, but unless you're super close to a Sim who is a mermaid or know who the mermaid townies in Sulani are, you don't really notice them. I'd like to be randomly playing in Sulani and to be chatting with a Sim only to realize that they're a mermaid and for it to catch me off guard. Because it would be a happy surprise to me and I would be excited by it. But the way mermaids were developed as it is now... they seem almost non-existent. Same with plant sims which I literally forget are in the game.

So if you ever see me personally say "not real occults" I mean they're so underdeveloped it doesn't even seem like I'm playing with a different life state other than just a normal human sim and I'm sure some people feel the same way.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited January 2022
    i hope not unless they include toggles to turn off super naturals that i clearly do not play as a player i only play normal human sims but if a new packs come out that contains super natural i will buy it mostly for the buy build mode content not the lifestate it comes with but thats me as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited January 2022

No need to apologize. It was totally just a misunderstanding. And I can honestly understand the defensiveness, so there are no hard feelings on my part at all. :smile:

And while I can't speak for everyone, I think a lot of the "not real occults" argument stems more from the fact that a lot of us associate the term "light-hearted" with the nerfing trend that happens to occults rather than the actual species. I mean I have seen quite a few people ask for elves in addition to fae, and others even mention things like unicorns and improved plant sims. So I would assume that it has more to do with the nerfing than anything else. A lot of anti-occult people who want nothing to do with them in their games still buy the packs dedicated to occults only to later cry and complain so much that the devs end up turning the occult activity down. And usually it ends up being turned down so low that those of us who do want the occult stuff in our games can barely notice it unless we are actively playing the occults at all times and directing their movements.

I've used the term before to describe mermaids, not because of their light-heartedness but because they're so underdeveloped and you barely notice them doing their own thing. :/ If they had perk trees or selectable powers that we even half as in-depth as that of vampires and spellcasters, I would consider them real occults indeed. I mean mermaids are fun when you're actively playing with them, but unless you're super close to a Sim who is a mermaid or know who the mermaid townies in Sulani are, you don't really notice them. I'd like to be randomly playing in Sulani and to be chatting with a Sim only to realize that they're a mermaid and for it to catch me off guard. Because it would be a happy surprise to me and I would be excited by it. But the way mermaids were developed as it is now... they seem almost non-existent. Same with plant sims which I literally forget are in the game.

So if you ever see me personally say "not real occults" I mean they're so underdeveloped it doesn't even seem like I'm playing with a different life state other than just a normal human sim and I'm sure some people feel the same way.

Oh, whoops, lol! I think there is a misunderstanding. 😄 I meant, in the past, I used to see some players who love the more darker or more so-called “accurate” (usually a darker version, even when there is an old romanticized version) occults sometimes talk badly about cutesy or romantic supernaturals, and then they would complain about how, Disney/Tinkerbell/Winx/whatever and Twilight destroyed the “coolness” and “darkness” of the supernaturals. Like there is only One True Way to portray a supernatural despite those supernaturals being portrayed different in various pop culture, literature, and even folklore and in other cultures.

(Like, say, vampires. Some vampire fans were somewhat nasty about daywalkers and gentle/friendly vampires who didn’t fit the gothic, gloomy, violent or darker tones of what they consider “true” vampires, and those fans blamed Twilight despite the romanticizing of vampires happening before Twilight. Or that Disney’s Tinkerbell made fairies too cute, even though cute fairies have been one variation that has been around for quite a bit.)

That’s what I mean, and why I got defensive and misunderstood your post. It’s not about the mechanics. It’s that some folks like to talk badly about some supernatural beings. (I’ve had situations where some folks were putting down mermaids in general, before mermaids even came to the Sims 4. They’re just useless fish for some folks, etc.)

But, I do agree with you on the frustration of underbaked occults. :(
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited January 2022
    I mean, for me, my frustration with the Tinkerbelle model is that the Victorians basically "nerfed" faeries to make them more palatable "For the Children" and now that's what most people assume is the default of "how they've always been" when that's certainly not the case. I've actually had people suggest that I'm trying to be "edgy" by "making" them dark, when I'm just acknowledging their true origins.

But I also don't mind if pixies are one kind of fae and when I use the term "Pretty Pixies" I'm literally just describing them. What most people think of when they think Fae are pretty little things with wings, sometimes associated with mild pranks and gardens. I could call it the Thumbelina model just as easily. When I say "True Fae" I don't mean to say that Pixies aren't "real" faeries. I just mean that the modern vision of Faerie being limited to Pixies doesn't represent the actual breadth of what Faerie really is, and knowing the variety that is out there (especially when extended to beings that serve the same narrative purpose as Faeries in non-Celtic folklore) I can't help but dream of more options.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I mean, for me, my frustration with the Tinkerbelle model is that the Victorians basically "nerfed" faeries to make them more palatable "For the Children" and now that's what most people assume is the default of "how they've always been" when that's certainly not the case. I've actually had people suggest that I'm trying to be "edgy" by "making" them dark, when I'm just acknowledging their true origins.

But I also don't mind if pixies are one kind of fae and when I use the term "Pretty Pixies" I'm literally just describing them. What most people think of when they think Fae are pretty little things with wings, sometimes associated with mild pranks and gardens. I could call it the Thumbelina model just as easily. When I say "True Fae" I don't mean to say that Pixies aren't "real" faeries. I just mean that the modern vision of Faerie being limited to Pixies doesn't represent the actual breadth of what Faerie really is, and knowing the variety that is out there (especially when extended to beings that serve the same narrative purpose as Faeries in non-Celtic folklore) I can't help but dream of more options.

I don't think it's possible to really capture the breadth of Faerie mythos in a Sims pack. Not every type of vampire is represented in Vampires, and not every type of mage is represented in Realm of Magic. I can only hope that if we do get some form of fae creature, they're well developed and have enough flexibility so that not every fae sim plays the same way. The same goes for any other occult life state added to the game.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

I don't think it's possible to really capture the breadth of Faerie mythos in a Sims pack. Not every type of vampire is represented in Vampires, and not every type of mage is represented in Realm of Magic. I can only hope that if we do get some form of fae creature, they're well developed and have enough flexibility so that not every fae sim plays the same way. The same goes for any other occult life state added to the game.

Oh, I know they can't cover it all. Even in an expansion.

Which is why I want Werewolves. Even though I love Faerie more. Because I'm less likely to be disappointed that option X or Q wasn't included. But I've been toying with using Aliens (which already have some of the features I'd want Faerie to have - unfamiliarity with human sim culture, a disguise/glamour, pointy ears) and cheating on the Spellcaster trait to sub for Faeries. There are some hiccups, but it may be viable.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Oh, I know they can't cover it all. Even in an expansion.

Which is why I want Werewolves. Even though I love Faerie more. Because I'm less likely to be disappointed that option X or Q wasn't included. But I've been toying with using Aliens (which already have some of the features I'd want Faerie to have - unfamiliarity with human sim culture, a disguise/glamour, pointy ears) and cheating on the Spellcaster trait to sub for Faeries. There are some hiccups, but it may be viable.

I feel like you have the same issue with werewolves. People are absolutely going to want shifters of other types and from other cultures, such as kitsune and skinwalkers. Given how infrequently we get supernatural content in TS4, I'd hope for more than just a 'basic' version no matter what we get.

Mmm, I think 'Alien Spellcaster' is probably the closest we can get to anything Fae at present. That said, shifter spellcaster might be even closer. A lot of Fae are also shapeshifters with well known animal forms.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Oh, whoops, lol! I think there is a misunderstanding. 😄 I meant, in the past, I used to see some players who love the more darker or more so-called “accurate” (usually a darker version, even when there is an old romanticized version) occults sometimes talk badly about cutesy or romantic supernaturals, and then they would complain about how, Disney/Tinkerbell/Winx/whatever and Twilight destroyed the “coolness” and “darkness” of the supernaturals. Like there is only One True Way to portray a supernatural despite those supernaturals being portrayed different in various pop culture, literature, and even folklore and in other cultures.

(Like, say, vampires. Some vampire fans were somewhat nasty about daywalkers and gentle/friendly vampires who didn’t fit the gothic, gloomy, violent or darker tones of what they consider “true” vampires, and those fans blamed Twilight despite the romanticizing of vampires happening before Twilight. Or that Disney’s Tinkerbell made fairies too cute, even though cute fairies have been one variation that has been around for quite a bit.)

That’s what I mean, and why I got defensive and misunderstood your post. It’s not about the mechanics. It’s that some folks like to talk badly about some supernatural beings. (I’ve had situations where some folks were putting down mermaids in general, before mermaids even came to the Sims 4. They’re just useless fish for some folks, etc.)

Speaking as someone who has been scathing of the cutesy version of many occults, it's not that I have an issue with them, I have an issue with them being the only possible version of that occult to create. The game makes it very easy to have a 'good' version of any sim but fights you every step of the way if you want to add a bit of spice.
    I'm especially sensitive with the Fae because they're part of my heritage and my family still practice some version of interactions with them to this day. Imagine the game introducing a religion then turning it into some cartoon version of itself. The practitioners would be upset :)
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

Speaking as someone who has been scathing of the cutesy version of many occults, it's not that I have an issue with them, I have an issue with them being the only possible version of that occult to create. The game makes it very easy to have a 'good' version of any sim but fights you every step of the way if you want to add a bit of spice.
    I'm especially sensitive with the Fae because they're part of my heritage and my family still practice some version of interactions with them to this day. Imagine the game introducing a religion then turning it into some cartoon version of itself. The practitioners would be upset :)

Actually, many occults in Sims series were the nightmares of people in the past. However, I can't control myself to love them.

As per my knowledge:
    Spellcasters / werewolves = witches hunting
    Vampires = innocence people didn't know what putrefaction is
    Mermaids = shipwrecks
    Fairies = In some countries, they're evil
    Aliens = Somethings should have happened in Roswell...
    Some people are mentioning Kitsune, I also want Kitsune to be appeared in the game (I like foxes). However, according to Japanese and Chinese legends, this creature made a dynasty collapsed and affected the samurais to declare wars...

Sometimes I think, by any chance, EA does not want people to recall those misery histories, therefore they stop to introduce new occults and not going to refresh the occult packs?
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Arca wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »

Actually, many occults in Sims series were the nightmares of people in the past. However, I can't control myself to love them.

As per my knowledge:
    Spellcasters / werewolves = witches hunting
    Vampires = innocence people didn't know what putrefaction is
    Mermaids = shipwrecks
    Fairies = In some countries, they're evil
    Aliens = Somethings should have happened in Roswell...
    Some people are mentioning Kitsune, I also want Kitsune to be appeared in the game (I like foxes). However, according to Japanese and Chinese legends, this creature made a dynasty collapsed and affected the samurais to declare wars...

Sometimes I think, by any chance, EA does not want people to recall those misery histories, therefore they stop to introduce new occults and not going to refresh the occult packs?

Then those people are making the game boring, it's like Who TF asked for a laundry pack, it literally does nothing, oh look washing machines, wow it's so redundant, in a game where your sims clothes magically clean themselves everytime they shower, they need to stop making Sims 4 a snorefest.