Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible occult hint?

Comments

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I hope for a Supernatural style expansion pack. They could do so much more if it was an expansion pack. I want a new larger occult world similar to Moonlight Falls in Sims3, werewolves, fairies and any additional occults they want to give us! Maybe if in an expansion pack the occults we get would have a better skill tree like the vampires. It would also be great if they could add improvements to existing occults like mermaids and aliens. I read the series of "Discovery of Witches" and have always wanted to have a save based on the characters in that. They had vampires, witches, werewolves and daemons in the series. I do love playing occults! So many stories to tell!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Based on everything we know i think faries are the next occult. My least favorite occult 😖

I find it interesting how opinion seems to be different on occults on the forums to elsewhere. Fairies are pretty popular on twitter and got more votes on the official poll than werewolves but here there's considerably more demand for werewolves.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm ready for some occults. Just so the supernatural players get something after waiting for so long. I personally rarely play occults in my game, but I'm not opposed to them and have no problem with them being in my saves (other than the alien abductions, which I have modded out). And, I'm sure there will be something in an occult pack that I would find useful, so yeah ... let it be the year of the occults, maybe we'll actually get some gameplay, instead of fluff and stuff.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I hope for a Supernatural style expansion pack. They could do so much more if it was an expansion pack. I want a new larger occult world similar to Moonlight Falls in Sims3, werewolves, fairies and any additional occults they want to give us! Maybe if in an expansion pack the occults we get would have a better skill tree like the vampires. It would also be great if they could add improvements to existing occults like mermaids and aliens. I read the series of "Discovery of Witches" and have always wanted to have a save based on the characters in that. They had vampires, witches, werewolves and daemons in the series. I do love playing occults! So many stories to tell!

With Vampires and Spellcasters having gotten their own game packs, I'm not sure that a Supernatural Expansion Pack would actually go over as well as people think.

As Sims 4 expansions are broadly smaller than Sims 3 expansions, some, or possibly all, of the Occults would be shorted on what "could have been" if they'd gotten their own Game Pack. To date in Sims 4, the better Occults with skill trees have come in their own game packs, where they could get the full focus, rather than sharing focus with other themes.

And on the subject of Themes, they seem to have more specific themes for expansion packs than "Occults we haven't gotten to yet" so while I could see some occults doubled up, it would depend on how they interpret them. (Faeries and Werewolves could be a "defend the natural world" sort of pack, though they've stomped on the Eco friendly button a few times already, so that would annoy some people. And it would probably end up changing the interpretation of Fairies that people are expecting ... it would be an interpretation I would like, but I also like the eco friendly thing.)

Improving Aliens and Mermaids probably falls more under "pack refresh," especially as otherwise it becomes DLC for DLC and that's not going to go over well at all.

But at this point, I'll take about anything. Even Zombies without skill trees so they're all the same boring mindless ghouls that are the reason I don't care for them in most media.
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    Based on everything we know i think faries are the next occult. My least favorite occult 😖

I find it interesting how opinion seems to be different on occults on the forums to elsewhere. Fairies are pretty popular on twitter and got more votes on the official poll than werewolves but here there's considerably more demand for werewolves.

I wonder if it's a timing thing. I'd have to look at the date of the twitter poll and then look at what was "hot" in pop culture at the time, but that may have had an effect on the Twitter Poll.

That and most people think of Fairies as pretty, and werewolves are not usually interpreted as pretty.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Honestly furries are such a profitable market...
    I'm surprised they don't do a fursuit CAS kit. It has a ready market.
    Probably because the game already has fursuits, including sparkledog variants.

ezgif-1201243881.gif

They've been slowly and quietly building up a collection across multiple packs.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2022
    A long time ago there was a motion picture called Lady Hawk. The movie featured a young couple, a man and a woman whom were deeply in love with each other. There was a priest in the movie who also loved the young woman. And he was also to wed the young couple. So during the young couples' wedding, the jealous priest cursed the young couple so that they'll never be together. The lady would turn into a hawk by day, while the man would turn into a wolf by night. And to make the young couples' misery even more painful, the young couple can see each other in human form just a second before sunrise and sunset. But never touch or even kiss each other.
    So since there's already a fictional story with a werebird in it. It wouldn't be to out of place to have a werebird in Sims 4. :)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Honestly furries are such a profitable market...
    I'm surprised they don't do a fursuit CAS kit. It has a ready market.
    Probably because the game already has fursuits, including sparkledog variants.

They've been slowly and quietly building up a collection across multiple packs.

This reminds me of how kids can have a furry phase with parenthood

vrhPW6S.png
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im not getting my hopes up until we get some actual factual news of a new Occult. And even then, it wouldnt be long until an occult pack gets the nerf hammer as usual. :/
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Im not getting my hopes up until we get some actual factual news of a new Occult. And even then, it wouldnt be long until an occult pack gets the nerf hammer as usual. :/
    This. Hate to drag down the thread, but...

I'm not sure what people expect from Werewolves, but I shudder at the thought of domesticated dogs on two legs. At best, they'll be rivals with Vampires, howl at the moon, have specific locked cages for those who cannot control their inner wolf, create more Werewolves from a bite and my personal wish, chase unwanted visitors away. Bandages and torn clothes would be a plus.

Fairies, I expect a good selection of wings, walking by gliding, some mischevious tricks and nature magic and fairy objects and clothing. Of course, they could very well be mermaids, version 2. Wings, a few spells and that's it.

And of course, the final killjoy. IF we get one of them, how many years to the next one (if at all)?
    I'll gladly be proven wrong by EA/Maxis/anyone here.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    This. Hate to drag down the thread, but...

I'm not sure what people expect from Werewolves, but I shudder at the thought of domesticated dogs on two legs. At best, they'll be rivals with Vampires, howl at the moon, have specific locked cages for those who cannot control their inner wolf, create more Werewolves from a bite and my personal wish, chase unwanted visitors away. Bandages and torn clothes would be a plus.

Fairies, I expect a good selection of wings, walking by gliding, some mischevious tricks and nature magic and fairy objects and clothing. Of course, they could very well be mermaids, version 2. Wings, a few spells and that's it.

And of course, the final killjoy. IF we get one of them, how many years to the next one (if at all)?
    I'll gladly be proven wrong by EA/Maxis/anyone here.

I hope there's a CAS option for fairies to have invisible or no wings, I wish I didn't have to use cheats to make elves by creating vampires/ spellcasters hybrids, I think I broke my game by doing that since I now get pop ups telling me that I don't have my own content installed, despite having all my packs already downloaded and installed.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    /snip/

I hope there's a CAS option for fairies to have invisible or no wings, I wish I didn't have to use cheats to make elves by creating vampires/ spellcasters hybrids, I think I broke my game by doing that since I now get pop ups telling me that I don't have my own content installed, despite having all my packs already downloaded and installed.

Why would you need to hybridise spellcasters to get elves? Spellcasters already have access to the pointy ear sliders.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I don't belive occult will be the main focus of the next pack, which I think will be an EP (That if the gamecreators have been able to work from home -risk for leaks and other sources of security reasons) That EP should then have a rather massive impact on the world, considering how long they have been working on it. So besides some marginal occult (read mermaids) I don't think occult as a mayor world changer like for example Seasons.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    /snip/

Why would you need to hybridise spellcasters to get elves? Spellcasters already have access to the pointy ear sliders.

For the agelessness, Spellcasters tend to age like Normal sims.
  • Options
    /snip/

Do you use mods? MCCC has an option to flag a sim as ageless. When I was using it, I'd try to find the three sages even on the rare times I wasn't playing a Spellcaster just to hit them with it. (actually, I flagged them as immortal, but they are two separate flags)
  • Options
    SimsJediSimsJedi Posts: 26 Member
    I don't know why so many people are saying that there wouldn't be gameplay for werewolves. It seems pretty obvious to me.

Point 1: Look at the other occults we have. With the exception of Vampire and Spellcasters, most occults are just a transformation and a tiny handful of powers. It wouldn't be at all out of place to have werewolves also be a transformation (Wolfman style) with a few powers and interactions, just like Mermaids and Aliens. This route makes the most sense if Werewolves get added as part of a big pack that isn't necessarily about them, like how City Living and Island Living were. Customizations would be similar to any of the werewolf or catperson mods out there, with fur patterns, noses, whiskers, ears, claws, fangs, etc.

Point 2: There are tons of things werewolves could do! Interactions and moods are especially easy: your Sim can howl at the moon, sniff other Sims for info, have unique pet interactions, "hunt" Sims using a unique fight animation, get good or bad moods from needing to hunt or successful hunts, eating raw meat, peeing outside on trees and fire hydrants, etc. The game can add wolfsbane and use it in similar ways as garlic in Vampires. There could be special Sentiments you get for having a pack and with members of your Pack, or bad Sentiments from rival Werewolves if they want to go the whole "Alpha Wolf" route. They can give werewolves a new needs bar just like Vampires that tracks their need to transform, which can be slaked by going out and hunting as a werewolf. Random transformations at night and vulnerability to wolfsbane could be used as motivation for buying into a Werewolf skill tree. Hunting itself could be used to fill the Hunger need. There are lots of possibilities.

I don't know much about fairies, since I never had a Sims game with them before, so I can't speculate on how Sims fairies would work. But when you look at something like Aliens, who only have maybe 3 interactions and a special appearance, it seems silly to say that any occult, whether it be werewolves or fairies, couldn't exist in the game or be fun to play. The occults we already have aren't that in depth, but adding them gives players more stories to tell and ways to play their Sims. I'd be happy to get either.

(But mostly werewolves. I love werewolves.)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    There are base game hidden traits to make sims immortal and ageless. Alex Moyer and Jasmine Holiday both have the ageless one, so does Father winter, Grim etc.

If you can figure out what they are, you could apply them with the traits.equip_trait <traitname> cheat.

I've been Googling trying to find them, but haven't had any luck.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited January 2022
    Honestly, I'd take just about any occult at this point I'm so starved for them. Even if they do only get the mermaid/alien treatment. (Though of course I would prefer the Vampire and Spellcaster treatment) I just don't want to have to wait another full year until we get a new occult, especially when we occult players are already so shoved aside as it is.

I love both werewolves and faeries and as long as we get both, don't really care which one we get first but I am slightly afraid EA might take the Tinkerbell route with the latter, so I'm leaning more in favor of werewolves first for that reason alone. I don't really expect that we'll get proper fae, but if they went more Maleficent with the different types of Moor Fairies and Dark Fey, I wouldn't be too disappointed at least. And well that would be much better than Tinkerbell like sprites.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    /snip/

Have you ever played a D&D game, also known as Dungeons & Dragons before? If you have, then you should know by now that Spellcasters in the Sims are the same as mages in the RPG game D&D. Which means that several races can cast spell, among them elves and humans. Now since Spellcasters are sims and sims are humans. So they should age like humans. You can always go into options and disable aging for your played sims to achieve your immortality that way :)
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    /snip/

Have you ever played a D&D game, also known as Dungeons & Dragons before? If you have, then you should know by now that Spellcasters in the Sims are the same as mages in the RPG game D&D. Which means that several races can cast spell, among them elves and humans. Now since Spellcasters are sims and sims are humans. So they should age like humans. You can always go into options and disable aging for your played sims to achieve your immortality that way :)

I have I usually play as Elves or Tieflings, I even played as a Dragonborn myself a couple of times.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Hope it’s werewolves if it’s an occult, and we get body hair and eyelashes with it ( for our regular sims).

I don't care about werewolves but the body hair and eyelashes are a wonderful and much needed addition to this game!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    /snip/

Do you use mods? MCCC has an option to flag a sim as ageless. When I was using it, I'd try to find the three sages even on the rare times I wasn't playing a Spellcaster just to hit them with it. (actually, I flagged them as immortal, but they are two separate flags)

I'm on Console so mods are out of the question,
    There are base game hidden traits to make sims immortal and ageless. Alex Moyer and Jasmine Holiday both have the ageless one, so does Father winter, Grim etc.

If you can figure out what they are, you could apply them with the traits.equip_trait <traitname> cheat.

I also don't own seasons.
  • Options

I think it's a unique trait to each sim that gets it, like trait_NPC_Alex_Moyer or something like that, rather than a generic trait. Baby Ariel and the Crumplebottoms are ageless too
  • Options
    benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    > @83bienchen said:
    > The blonde Sim isn't a mermaid, though.
    > The Sims seen to just stand for the respective packs that are on sale.
    >
    > Anyhow, a new occult for 2022 is likely.
    >
    > And I also expect them to announce a new pack after Christmas sale ends.
    >
    > It might not be the occult pack yet, though.

the blonde might not be a mermaid, however she is representing a pack that an occult came to the game in
  • Options
    benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    > @VeeDub said:
    > I'd be glad for werewolves, but I'd likely give fairies a miss. Well, unless they turn out to be more than tiny Disney-like sprites or something, which I doubt.

I'm hoping it's something like the Tinkerbell movies if it's the Faries/Pixies.