Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Style Influencer Career Path

As long as I've had The Sims 4, I've never gone down the Style Influencer Path. What I got was astonishing. The other careers have maybe 2 or 3 skills that have to be gained to succeed in their careers. But the Style Influencer has 4 (writing, charisma, painting, and photography). Not to mention the daily task of discussing outfits, or updating your social media status. Being a cc junkie, I've been inspired to take a closer look at what my sim wears. I've got 5 slots to save outfits per category (everyday, formal, etc...), so now I'm using everything in my wardrobe to look the part of my sims chosen career. Now instead of 5 everyday outfits and 1 from the others, I've filled out every category with 5 outfits to change into to feel the role of my sims career. If you've played or are playing this career path I'd like to hear of your opinions as to what you think about it. Hmmm!!!

Comments

• HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I've only played it once before (and sadly not all the way through - switched saves), but I loved it! My sim moved out to Del Sol Valley to make it big as an influencer. As she advanced, I upgraded her clothes to look more sophisticated and fit a more refined style. After hearing stories from others about trends lastly long past their sim passed with no way to easily reverse them, I decided to make her a vampire so she'd be able to set new trends and I wouldn't have to play through again.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    HavenRose wrote: »
    I've only played it once before (and sadly not all the way through - switched saves), but I loved it! My sim moved out to Del Sol Valley to make it big as an influencer. As she advanced, I upgraded her clothes to look more sophisticated and fit a more refined style. After hearing stories from others about trends lastly long past their sim passed with no way to easily reverse them, I decided to make her a vampire so she'd be able to set new trends and I wouldn't have to play through again.

As I play the style Influencer path, I see that I'm able to "make over" sims with a question. I should have waited and read the whole career path though and I would have picked the "trend setter" path to do as you've done to see sims wearing cc that I've set as trendy. Hmmm!!!
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member

As I play the style Influencer path, I see that I'm able to "make over" sims with a question. I should have waited and read the whole career path though and I would have picked the "trend setter" path to do as you've done to see sims wearing cc that I've set as trendy. Hmmm!!!

You should be able to set trends once you hit level 10 of the stylist path. Both paths let you offer makeover and set trends, difference is which is first available.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    HavenRose wrote: »

You should be able to set trends once you hit level 10 of the stylist path. Both paths let you offer makeover and set trends, difference is which is first available.

You were right. However I started a new sim and went down the trendsetter path. If I'm not mistaken, I was not able to set a "trend" until I reached level 10. One more thing. Is there a level 11? Because my sim reached the "Icon" level but still there are skills to be had as if there was another level. Hmmm!!!