Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationship Decay

I've recently been experimenting with decaying relationships with sims that I don't socialize with as much. The game seems to leave the relationship in the friend category when I want it to devolve into associate level in the MC Command default level. Do you have a idea as to what setting to use to accomplish that goal? Hmmm!!!

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    were these sims other played sims? it's been a long time since i did anything with a focus on relationships but believe the default was that they'd loser lower relationships faster, but friendship+ slower and wouldn't lose at all if the other sims were played sims (i could be misremembering but that sounds right)

also, only thing i can think of to help affect this would be lifestyles if you have the pack that adds them... the close-knit lifestyle makes lower relationships (below 'good friends') decay faster and the people person lifestyle makes relationships from good friends and higher decay faster. (you can cheat these lifestyles in in a few ways, if you want. the easier ways require mods, though. i like to add a few lifestyles to certain sims i make because they just suit them so well and help flesh them out a little bit)
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    were these sims other played sims? it's been a long time since i did anything with a focus on relationships but believe the default was that they'd loser lower relationships faster, but friendship+ slower and wouldn't lose at all if the other sims were played sims (i could be misremembering but that sounds right)

also, only thing i can think of to help affect this would be lifestyles if you have the pack that adds them... the close-knit lifestyle makes lower relationships (below 'good friends') decay faster and the people person lifestyle makes relationships from good friends and higher decay faster. (you can cheat these lifestyles in in a few ways, if you want. the easier ways require mods, though. i like to add a few lifestyles to certain sims i make because they just suit them so well and help flesh them out a little bit)

I've seen that just being friends will decay unto associate's if no interaction is made between the two sims. That's good because I really don't want a lot of friends to morn when they leave this world.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    I wonder if MCCC has a setting that is preventing relationship decay past a certain level for you.
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    I wonder if MCCC has a setting that is preventing relationship decay past a certain level for you.

Actually everything is just fine.