Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Page 43 Comments:
    @RememberJoy
    March 3rd
    Ohhhh the ghost shop keepers are astrally projecting! Very cool! It's so fun to see another haunted house. I haven't had a chance to play around with the pack yet. Or the magic realm for that matter xD
    March 4th
    Promotion to Acolyte! Congrats Adam!
    March 5th
    Oh no. Poor Adam fell off his broom! :open_mouth:

@LegacySims2017
    Feb 20th
    Speeding along makes sense. xD I'm still insanely far behind
    Feb 21st
    Whaaaaat :O I missed an ongoing side arc? noooooooooo xD

@Karababy52
    March 3rd
    Congrats to Cale on becoming a spellcaster! Lol some of those last lines though xD
    march 4th
    Is there actually an infatuate spell? xD I haven't played Magic realm yet. I'm super excited to be trying it soon... well soon as I catch up. I've been busy. Oh gosh! You can get cursed? Awwww he's so smitten with Alessandra.
    March 5th
    Eeek! Be careful Cale, don't get punched a bunch!

@afai1261
    March 4th
    Uh oh! Stealing L's food? :O
    Lol the freak out initial bendy face after pregnancy announcements is so weiiiiird.
    March 5th
    Love the cowplant's scientific name. Excellent.

@permanentrose
    march 4th
    That is a LOT of mac n cheese. Wow
    March 5th
    Awwww Pepper. It's okay! Cale's not hurting Robin.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    *Updated my March 20th post above! I'll get started on comments/replies next. Hope y'all had a fantastic weekend and a great week ahead! <3
    @LegacySims2017
    Gah, I know! It would've been so funny if Ze Therapist delivered Joe! Ah well. I wish we had a slot for a middle name for real in the game. Wasn't sure if I should leave out the L. or not. I ended up making his first name Joe L., last name Conrad. hehe So far it's a no on the hybrid. Maybe that'll change when he ages up to a child or teen, but I doubt it.

Thanks, glad you like the modified song. hehe I had fun coming up with different lyrics for it. :) Yes he is a great Dad! However, Joe doesn't count for the 100 baby side challenge.

hehehe I loved writing that and her facial expressions! Nah, I'm guessing Cale knew she'd have that reaction. He knows she loves all the ironic mischief life tends to throw our way. He was laughing along with her at the end, yes!

Love the image of DJ stirring that brew in the cauldron! Ah well, sometimes it goes like that when you need to grind out stuff for aspirations. I don't have that kit. Pretty cool a kit came with a couple aspirations though. Oh! That's right! You play real seasons. Yeah, I bet you've been looking forward to Spring in game maybe even more than in real life eh? hehe DJ is going to be so happy!

Yay! Congrats to DJ for finally defeating Phoebe in a duel! Can't wait to see the images for it and possibly find out what he won from her too! :)

@permenentrose
    No worries dear, we all understand. Just take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon! HAHA! Oh man, she inferniated her scout board! That is freaking hilarious! Go Robin! Glad she didn't burn up though. Whew! Close one there. Aww, so cool Cale could help her out with the Scrubaroo spell too! Nice to have friends like that help you out eh? ;)

Oh Yes! Yes! I hope that's what L. said to Simeon too. Looks like she did, of course she did! Very pretty place for a proposal too. Love these two so much and I can't wait to see their baby! <3

@SoulGal7
    I wondered if we'd be seeing the Mafia boss soon. Oh boy, how ironic one of his 'business' partners just happens to be Veronica's Dad! o.O Uh oh, watch out Dylan, you have some drama coming your way. OH! Wow! What a great plot you've come up with for the reason they are after him AND why they need him alive. Very creative! Bravo with that, I love it! Love how distracted Alfonso gets too by the lovely Uni students hehe Oh and Matteo too of course with the senoritas. ;) Love how you're using lore from the Altos in a previous iteration for this as well!

@Shadami
    Yes, there is an infatuate spell! You can have your spellcaster cast it on a Sim and pick who he/she will kiss! Sometimes they refuse to do it though if your spellcaster isn't skilled enough. hehe Yep, there are LOTS of curses your Sim can get if they're not careful. Especially if they lose in dueling or make a bad batch of potion. o.O

hehe No worries, he didn't get punched at all! I had him do a curse cleansing before anyone had a chance to beat him up. ;)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited March 2022
    March 21
    4RylFDz.png
    The ceiling of Magic HQ was becoming a very familiar sight to Aaron now after the events of the day, and as he slowly stood up trying to discern if that back pain had been there before Maris had slammed him into the floor, he caught sight of her triumphant expression and inwardly groaned. L was right next to her too, apparently celebrating his loss with excitement. How on earth had he been able to soundly defeat Maris only a few days earlier, and now she had beaten him even though she was still an apprentice?
    PhQviiV.png

"You're no help at all," he grumbled to his familiar Rasmodius under his breath, and was met with a soft hoot of indignation. "Shut up," he continued, rolling his eyes. Apparently he had said the 'shut up' far too loud, and was met with several stares.
    "What are you looking at?!"
    tTG0jqB.png

He begrudgingly went up the stairs and pushed tomes aside, looking for one that he could read. Maybe one to make him a better duelist? That would be nice. He didn't find anything of the sort, but did, strangely, find a familiar orb of the Glowfrog tucked there on the shelf.
    p8KByxX.png

He hadn't even noticed Simeon there watching him flick through the books, but jumped when the sage suddenly said, "It's good to see you taking a break from all this physical magic, Mr. Winterson. Need any help finding a tome to help you get rid of that curse?"
    "Just let me win a freaking duel!"
    Simeon huffed and shook his head. "I can see you still have much to learn but if a duel is what you want, a duel is what you will get." There was something he left unspoken - a threat?

...He didn't know why he expected any other result.
    EbkvQLK.png
    EX5GWGm.png
    6IzcZfr.png

And Simeon voiced that unspoken thought, albeit very quietly so none of the other spellcasters could hear, as he crossed over to help Aaron up. "You are a fool, Mr. Winterson."
    Aaron glowered and moved away the sage's extended hand, then stood and stormed off to head over to Caster's Alley. Maybe they'd have a good tome there.

He mounted his broom and flew off, only to fall flat on his back as he arrived at the row of shops. He stared up at the sky and let out a yell before attempting to stand. Rasmodius hooted in such a way that he was absolutely sure the familiar was laughing at him and he resisted the urge to just reach up and... squeeze- no. Where had that thought come from? He blinked a bit, frowning, then remembered the humiliation that Simeon had given him and felt all that anger come rushing back again.
    EjhjwM3.png
    And no, the shop did not have any tomes to make him a better duelist.

Cale did walk past him though. Aaron ignored him completely.
    FcX1O1A.png

With a heavy sigh Aaron flew back to HQ to feed the cowplant.
    S8YXIpQ.png

Then he lost himself in experimenting at the cauldron, Rasmodius still incessantly flapping over his shoulder.
    P6fZR6y.png
    qhXblCm.png

He went back inside and stood in the main hall for a moment, practicing magic on his own, and eventually learned the zipzap spell.
    MsLrtk6.png

Getting hungry, he brought out one of his potions of plentiful needs and cast a quick copypasto... multiple times.
    DDhdczy.png

Aaron picked one up at random and drained it right there.
    0wI0ajx.png

"Ew, what?" he sputtered and spat the disgusting potion out onto the floor. That wasn't what a potion of plentiful needs should taste like at all...
    uMVFx4M.png

Had he gotten the recipe wrong?
    K3MjV36.png
    1uFZAVZ.png
    But the recipe was literally ONE freaking apple! How could he have gotten THAT wrong?!

He grabbed another one, and this one worked just as intended, revitalising him completely.
    EMxls2Y.png

He was feeling geared up for another duel, and found L next to some bookshelves, talking with Simeon and looking very tense about something.
    5Pq9EkC.png
    He couldn't shake the feeling that they had been discussing him before he approached and asked L to duel. But then why would they be having THAT conversation in a public area of HQ when they undoubtedly knew he was right there?

L looked extremely exasperated as soon as the words left his mouth but agreed to a duel anyway. He felt certain he was going to win this time, she seemed too distracted about whatever was making her tense to be effective at all... right?

As Cale fell on his butt from losing a duel beside him, Aaron got a good hit in.
    00gYomg.png

But he was wrong. He was completely and utterly wrong.
    XN0eOK6.png
    FWm7nWW.png

A fool never learns, does he?
    RalqomV.png

Extras:
    I'm just posting this pic of Cale because it's like the best screenshot I've ever taken :joy:
    6SNvy0A.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited March 2022
    @Karababy52
    I could have made him shout forbidden words (it's a self interaction) but since he was essentially doing it for me I just decided to take screenshots every. single. time he did it lol (and I do mean EVERY time...)
    I didn't want to cheat any moods for him (though I could have put an angry aura thing somewhere I guess) so I decided to use the yelling to visually signify his anger with everything :)

Ah there totally should be an interaction to invite someone not in the household to hold the baby! That would be so cool! Dang!

I genuinely do not remember what babies in this game sound like LOL it's been so long since my sims ever had a kid :joy:

I wasn't expecting to write a story for Aaron either, but it's so fun! And your story for Cale so far is super awesome :smiley:

Yeah the game treats fights caused by the curse as normal fights and so everyone who fights Aaron ends up despising him. And unfortunately that includes Adam (and a random townie teen that I forgot to include pictures of). He even has some really bad sentiments for Adam now so he's mad, or tense whenever Adam is in the room... I'm sad that it had to be with another challenge sim, I didn't mind about the townie hating him at all. I'm just so glad that it wasn't Robin or Cale who decided to fight him o.O
    Ah no it wasn't Hunter who sent the message, but the sim who sent it has always been such a good friend to Aaron that it kinda broke my heart when I saw it... I think I'll put it in the next update :)

Hmm I think I've played so far ahead now that even if I started the serial romantic aspiration in my game today I wouldn't get it finished in time for April. Or I'd get it finished IRL before April, but not in the posts lol.
    I can certainly try though ;)
    Congrats to you and Cale on all those aspirations completed! Aaron only just completed the two RoM aspirations when I played a couple days ago! But at least he's finally done them lol.

Yeah I know who I want to be that friend (or friends) for Aaron but I still need to set it up and all that boring stuff haha.

The best looking Vlad baby I've ever had born in my game is this one, Bleddyn:
    caeVfLm.png
    5hzgmr7.png
    His other father is Mostyn's cousin, Roland:
    k1981Ej.png
    Even then, he STILL has Vlad's eyes, and that's what both of Maggie's hot Vlad kids (Kevin from the 100 baby and Galatea of course) have!
    Oh and just cause why not, these are Jaxen's kids with Vlad :joy: (they're identical so front and side profile is the same):
    IV3g2R3.png
    WtAq4VB.png
    DPJ0M7R.png
    8jmIQf9.png

Oh yes I do remember that actually! It's ridiculous that she reverted back to her original hairstyle!

~~~
    Mar 20: Aww Alessandra! <3 Love that daily pic!
    Congrats for finishing body builder!
    Ooh Cale looks good in that pic with the guitar! <3
    Joe's toddler room is looking fantastic :smiley:
    So Alessandra is living with Cale now? And he declares his love for her!
    Yeah I think Joe would have aged up with blond hair because his mother has an unnatural hair colour :)
    Happy birthday to this little cutie-pie!
    Oh so I see I was correct about Joe being a spellcaster, YESSSS!

@permanentrose
    Oof that sucks, and I can relate lol (been feeling super blah and sick for most of the day, feel very nauseous now, potentially have covid but it's whatever...)
    Take it easy, take care of yourself and get to comments when or if you feel up to them :) And feel better soon!

~~~
    Mar 19: I love Robin inferniating her scout board :joy: Hahaha and no surprises that she caught on fire :D
    Glad Cale could fix her up with a scruberoo! He looks so proud of himself afterwards!

Mar 20: Oh, huge congrats to Simeon and L on their baby AND now their engagement and future wedding! <3
    Beautiful pics of the proposal!

@RememberJoy
    Mar 20: Adam looks so smug in that daily pic and Kaori looks astounded haha
    So Morgyn really adores Carol huh? I'm not surprised!
    Love that banter between Adam and Kaori that lead to some fun in the bed :smirk:
    "...indeed, it felt much better being bare skinned!" Love this line :joy:
    Yeah, Bonehilda! :smiley:

@SoulGal7
    Feb 20: Oooh Nick looks devious in that daily pic!
    And the plot thickens! Nick has connections with Veronica's father, and Veronica knows Dylan, and this is all going to fall apart when the dance competition happens :grimace: I love how you've set up all the dominoes so perfectly to all come crashing down to the ground...
    And now we find out why Dylan is so important! This whole story is shaping up to be very exciting haha.

@LegacySims2017
    I wonder what that was all about Adam approaching Aaron, though.
    Aaron got the curse of Unwarranted Hostility so random sims will fight him and the game chose Adam.

~~~
    Mar 9: DJ is progressing so well to be at that stage of cauldron stirring already!

Mar 10: GO DJ! Congrats! It took Aaron so freaking LONG to beat a sage :joy:

@Shadami
    Love the cowplant's scientific name. Excellent.
    I figured since Aaron loves biology that he'd know its scientific name even though he's never seen one in person before haha.

Oh and he stole L's food autonomously, I mean she wasn't eating it so why not, right? :joy:
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited March 2022
    Feb 21 - The Ins and Outs of Clubs - Part 1

dj-on-the-wall.png
    Veronica arrived home and immediately went to the bathroom. She had to get out of these clothes and take a shower. Just the mere thought of those Chain Breakers touching her gave her the willies. She cringed at the thought of it, but sometimes you had to do unpleasant things to get what you wanted. And so, flirting with DJ and Cale to have them join the Starlights was well worth it.

what-had-dj-eaten-garlic.png

Thank goodness she didn't have to kiss them to get them in the club. That would have been REALLY gross. Besides, she was saving all her kisses and much, much more for Dylan. Yes, he was a Chain Breaker...but oh so different from the other riff raff in that dance crew. She still blames that g-ypsy woman for the bad "musk" perfume she had sold her.

Veronica laughed out loud when she thought how mad Wolfgang would be when he found out that DJ and Cale had deserted his dance crew.

much-better-and-now-for-phase-2-of-my-plan.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next night, Veronica had decided that the Starlights would meet at her house, and she had asked Sofia to come a bit early. She wanted to discuss something with her that was of utmost importance to the Starlights.

As per Veronica's request, Sofia had arrived early and Veronica said they should sit and chat before the others arrived.

sofia-i-am-so-glad-that-you-came-over-early-i-have-something-to-talk-to-you-about.png

Sofia: "So, what did you need to talk about, Veronica?"

Veronica: "Well, Sofia, I just wanted to tell you that you are such a treasured member of the Starlights and an awesome dancer. One of the best on the dance crew. And I know how much it means to you to be a Starlight and be in the Dance-Off Competition."

Sofia looked at her not sure what Veronica was implying.

Veronica continued, "So...when I heard a nasty rumor about you and a dance crew member of another dance team socializing together during competition month, I couldn't believe it. You see, I heard a rumor that you and Dylan Healy of the Chain Breakers were out dancing together at Discoteque Pan Europa. Did you know that Dylan was a member of the Chain Breakers when you went out with him?"

Sofia looked uncomfortable.

i-heard-some-nasty-rumors-sofia-and-i-wanted-to-get-it-clear.png

Veronica: "It's okay Sofia, you can tell me. I just want the truth..." she said smiling at Sofia.

Sofia bit her lip, "Well, when we met he wasn't part of a dance crew. He was thinking of starting one and wanted me to audition. I told him I already belonged to the Starlights and couldn't audition..."

its-about-dylan.png

Veronica nodded and swallowed hard. It was Dylan who had thought of starting a dance crew? Something must have happened for Wolfgang to be the Captain of the Chain Breakers. Maybe that bully Wolfgang just took over and Dylan was just so nice and let him. It figures...Wolfgang is a Renegade.

Sofia: "Anyway...I always thought that the rule of socializing with other dance crew members during competition month was a....er....was just wrong...so I asked Dylan to go dancing with me...."

what-about-dylan.png

Veronica: "So, Sofia, it's true then that you did socialize with Dylan knowing that he was with another dance crew?"

Sofia looked down: "Yes...yes I did. Dylan is the same person whether he is part of the dance crew or not. That rule...that rule doesn't make any sense..."

Veronica: "Sofia, do you remember last year when that sim...oh I forgot her name...missed so many practices? She was such a good dancer...but she didn't abide by the rules..."

i-was-just-so-shocked-when-i-heard-it.png

Sofia: "Yes, I remember her..."

Veronica: "Do you remember what happened?"

Sofia: "Yes...yes...you asked her to leave the Starlights because she had broken a rule and she wasn't committed to the dance crew..."

Veronica: "Exactly. And you know, I try to be fair with everyone, but rules are made for the dance crew for a reason. You understand that, right?"

veronica-laughing.png

Sofia: "Well, I can understand about last year...but if you're saying that I can't be a part of the Starlights because I went dancing with Dylan...well...it just happened one time. It's not like what happened last year. I am totally committed to the Starlights. And now that we're so busy with rehearsals for the Dance-Off Competition, I won't see Dylan until after the competition. So, everything's good..."

you-know-the-rules-sofia.png

Veronica: "Unfortunately, Sofia, you're wrong. You broke a club rule and now you must pay for your actions. I have no choice but to ask you to leave the Starlights. I must admit that I will hate losing you as a dancer, but I have some new recruits who will gladly take your place..."

im-so-sporry-you-are-upset-but-that-is-how-it-goes.png

so-was-it-worth-it-being-with-him-knowing-you-cant-dance-at-the-dance-off.png

Sofia: "But Veronica, the Starlights are my life! I come to every practice, I work hard on my moves, I even practice at home. All I think about is the Starlights. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. I know it was wrong, Veronica...but it won't happen again during competition month. I swear. Please...please don't kick me off the dance crew. I won't be able to compete this year...I won't have time to apply to another dance crew...Please...give me another chance...I am dedicated...totally dedicated to the Starlights...please don't do this!"

so-sorry-hun.png

Veronica: "You should have thought about that before you went dancing with Dylan. I can only imagine what you told him...I will have to choose a new song now, a new routine and everything..."

dylan-is-a-chainbreaker.png

Sofia crying: "I....I didn't tell him anything like that....we were talking about...about other things..."

omg-no.png

Just then DJ entered the room.

ph-dj-youre-here.png

DJ: "Hey...I'm here...." he glanced at Veronica, "Wow...babe...you look so different..." he said and then stopped when he saw Sofia crying, "Er...did I come at a bad time?"

dj-whats-going-on.png

Veronica: "No...DJ, you arrived right on cue. Sofia was just leaving. It's always nice to see new Starlight recruits arrive early to a dance rehearsal."

Sofia looked at DJ and frowned.

Veronica: "DJ...here is the dance crew outfit. There is a washroom in the other room. Go and put it on. I can hardly wait to see you in it. I bet you will look soooo HOT in it..." she said flattering him a bit.

dj-yu-will-look-so-good-in-the-outfit-why-dont-you-try-it-on.png

DJ was back in less than a minute and Veronica looked at him, "DJ, you were born to be a Starlight!"

Veronica: "Sofia...this is a private Starlights dance crew meeting. I think we are done here. If you could drop off your Starlight dance crew outfit tomorrow, I'll be able to get it dry cleaned for another member..."

Sofia's lip trembled as she left the room glancing at DJ and Veronica as she did so.

and-as-for-you-this-is-a-members-club-only-please-leave.png

After Sofia left, Veronica spoke privately to DJ.

Veronica: "Now, DJ, before everyone arrives, I just wanted to ask that you not say anything to the other dance crew members that we are...um...interested in each other. You know, they might think that because I like you that I am favoring you..."

DJ: "Oh, yeah. I totally understand. I won't say a word..."

oh-you-do-look-good.png

Then Veronica oohed and aahed and then they took a photo together.

and-veronica-snapped-a-photo.png

As the other dance crew members filed in, Luna came in looking sad. On Sofia's way out, she had bumped into Luna and told her what happened, and that she was no longer a Starlight. Luna was heartbroken. Her best friend, Sofia, had been kicked out of the Starlights by her own cousin! Why hadn't a crew meeting been called to discuss this? She saw a new member wearing a dance crew outfit, and figured that this was Sofia's replacement. Veronica certainly worked fast.

sofia-is-out-of-the-club.png

The other members had started practicing their moves on the dance floor and were introducing themselves to DJ. But all Luna could think of was that Sofia was not there. She went over to the wall of photos and looked at the photo of Sofia.

looking-at-photo-of-sofia.png

Veronica saw Luna looking at it, "Oh, Luna...I need to take that one down. We have a new Starlight now. His name is DJ and you'll agree when you see him dance that he has some good moves. He's a bit raw...so I may have to have some...er...private lessons with him...you know to show him the ropes..."

Veronica quickly took down Sofia's photo and replaced it with a photo of her and DJ.

luna-looks-at-the-photos.png

Luna glanced at it. DJ might have some good dance moves...but he wasn't Sofia...he just wasn't Sofia. She would have to call Sofia later to find out what really happened. But, suddenly being part of the Starlights Dance Crew just didn't feel right.

being-a-starlite-not-fun.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @afai1261
    Oh man, the downward spiral continues. Poor Aaron. :( He continues to be defeated in duels and to add insult to injury, falls off his broom. I bet you got a chuckle out of that though. hehe Oh and Simeon saying he is a fool? Ouch! o.O Oh dear and now he's having thoughts of throttling his familiar. Gah, just makes me want to cry. So wish I could reach into the screen and give the guy a hug. :'( Oh Wow! Look at the screenshot of Cale with the soft light from a lampost shining on him, love it! <3 He looks so good in your game. At least using copypasto on the Potion of Plentiful Needs cheered him up. But alas, only for a moment. Ugh! I've had that happen before. Good thing he had more instantly available to chug down another one. Yup, the monkey never learns. I know, I have my own monkey. :D

Ooo, another one of gorgeous Cale! What a fantastic screenshot! I can see why you love it so much. Thanks so much for including two impressive images of Cale in this update! <3

Makes sense you'd not want to cheat it, but fortunately, you haven't had to do that, he's angry all on his own from the mood swing and his trait. I haven't played with a baby either since Essa & Josh's twins last year. However, I never explored all they can do with them. I just wanted them to age up already! hehe

I'm so glad we both decided to write stories for our Sims, just as you're enjoying mine for Cale, I am LOVING yours for Aaron. Even if you are putting the poor guy through hell right now. Makes for good drama and great reading though! <3

Ugh, that's not good to read. I'm glad I used curse cleansing now to get rid of that curse when Cale had it. o.O Okay, so not Hunter. Hmmm, oh no, I hope it's not Robin. Maybe you already said it wasn't her though. I guess we'll see in your next update. :(

Totally up to you, of course, whether you decide that aspiration is worth pursuing. Once Cale ages up next month and he finishes the aspiration, I'll give Cale that one to work on, maybe. We'll see...

Thanks about the aspiration, he looks HUGE again though. hehe Oh well. Congrats on finishing the aspirations for Aaron too!

These things take time, yep. Now that I know what I want to do with Cale, I have some setting up to do myself soon. I might just have to break down and get pose player for it. We shall see...

Ah, no wonder Bleddyn turned out so good looking, he has Mostyn's genes. ;) Oh, well, yeah, those two look a lot like how the other child my Vlad had before I modified him. I didn't take screenshots and deleted that save a long time ago. hehe

I actually love that screenshot of Cale with the guitar too! Thanks about Joe's new room. A lot of stuff crammed in there because I had to make room for Alessandra, but I like how it turned out. Yes, this last update is a bit of a time jump. I'm pretending she's been living with him for a few weeks now. There's a couple reasons she needed to move in with him other than he needed help with Joe's care, but that reason was a good excuse to make it happen. ;)

I know his declaration was kind of anti-climatic, I wanted it to be a big deal when he said he loved her. But, he did promise himself he would tell her when he wrote that song, so I figured it was time. Hopefully they'll still get their big moment later when/if she finally declares she loves him in that way too.

hehe You seem very excited Joe's a spellcaster only! I love spellcasters, so I'm thrilled too! Looking forward to what he looks like as a child now. Won't know for sure how he will ultimately look until he ages to a teen though. Dangit! hehe

@SoulGal7
    Okay, so I didn't like Veronica before, but now I absolutely despise her! Congrats on pulling that emotion out of me. hehe But how DARE she be so disgusted just by flirting with DJ and Cale. What a snob! And then how she kicks out Sofia? Gah! She is SO mean! Sheesh, what a slap in the face what she said to her in front of DJ too. Grrr! Clever how she convinces DJ not to tell anyone else about their personal feelings for each other. Now DJ won't blab to Cale. Nice way to squelch that possibility! ;) I don't blame Luna for questioning whether she wants to stay in the Starlights. I hope she does drop out!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    March 20th Comments:

@Karababy52
    Yeah, I might look into this D.J. and Paige thing further. I did have plans for Paige later on, but I think the game wants me to move those plans up. :lol:
    Aww, toddler Joe is just as cute as baby Joe. And yes, he does look like Cale, especially the hairstyle. :lol: You found a perfect style for him. I can see Cale giving him that.

@afai1261
    "Aaron! Step away from spellcasting for a bit. This is soooo not healthy for you, right now!" :cold_sweat: Poor guy.

@RememberJoy
    Little Carol is wise. Get a Sage to help with her homework. :lol: I crack up every time someone shows off Bonehilda. Such a fun skeletal maid.

@permanentrose
    I must say I was more entertained at Robin inferniating something than @afai1261 having Aaron do that. Yours made me laugh. But it goes to show you can make it work for two different types of stories. Was funny to see her proud afterwards even though she caught fire herself. Yay for Cale to the rescue. Pepper looked like she wanted to help.

Aww, two Sages going to get married. :blush:

@SoulGal7
    Uh oh, the bad guys are on the move. Nice to finally read why they're after Dylan. Looking forward to reading more about it. Am already intrigued.

@Shadami
    There's going to be quite a few side arcs throughout. All of them have something to do with the main storyline, but have their own little story in itself. Also, looking forward to seeing more of Velma in your story and mine.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited March 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar11.jpg
    March 11: Paige Matthews!

D.J. wakes up in a good mood. He finally accomplished something he thought he never would be able to do. He makes his way to the bathroom to brush his teeth. As he looks at himself in the mirror he thinks back to the events of last night.

dj-03-083a.jpg

D.J. and Phoebe were walking home together. She seemed to be the more carefree and untamed of the sisters to D.J. Piper had the 'I'm in charge' and being practical mentality with how she spoke. Prue had the unspoken attitude. It felt like there was a bit of mischief to her, D.J. thought. He really enjoyed hanging out with Phoebe, though.

Before they went inside, D.J. asked for a rematch from the other day with the duels the sisters put him through. He knew he was ready this time. Phoebe laughed and said at the least the snow will be softer for him to land on. This would be a more friendly duel as well and she wouldn't be so hard on him as she was during the spellcaster students duels.

dj-03-084a.jpg

Phoebe quickly cast a spell and caught D.J. off guard as he went down on one knee. She could only give a sly smile and laugh. D.J. pulled himself up.

dj-03-085a.jpg

After doing so, D.J. quickly said a magical phrase and hurled a light ball towards Phoebe almost knocking her off balance. Her eyes got wide and she nodded with approval and smiled.

dj-03-086a.jpg

She then moved into a stronger stance and D.J. followed suit. Both recited magical phrases and pushed their lighted beam at each other and it clashed in the middle. The force would go back and forth. Both D.J. and Phoebe focusing their strength to overpower the other.

dj-03-087a.jpg

D.J. eventually gets the upper hand and Phoebe is engulfed by his light. He raised her up in the air...

dj-03-088a.jpg

...twirls himself around in a circle for show and drops her into the snow on the ground.

Phoebe was proud of D.J. She reminded him to always keep his mind clear and don't focus on winning, but rather be in the moment. If he continued to do that, he will win more duels, especially the one he needs to if he wants to leave Glimmerbrook.

dj-03-089.jpg

A few days ago, D.J. had invited Paige Matthews to visit the Halliwell Manor over the weekend. She didn't hesitate and said she'd love to. For some reason, D.J. felt a special connection with her when they had dueled. She said she thought she was born a spellcaster as she had magical abilities when she was a child. She was also adopted. Therefore, she assumed her parents were spellcasters and maybe gave her up.

When she arrives, D.J. invites Paige inside and offers to hang her coat up. The Halliwell sisters were off doing some Sage stuff. D.J. gives her a tour of the Halliwell Manor. He watches her as she takes it all in. She looks amazed as she touches some of the antiques and rubs her hands on the furniture.

dj-03-090.jpg
    dj-03-091.jpg
    dj-03-092.jpg
    dj-03-093.jpg
    dj-03-094.jpg
    dj-03-095.jpg
    dj-03-096.jpg
    dj-03-097.jpg

D.J. finishes the tour up in the attic. The two sit down together and talk.

"I feel like I belong here." Paige insinuates.
    "In the Manor?" D.J. asks.
    "Yeah. Something drew me to the magic realm and to the Halliwell sisters."
    "Well, me too. But not in the same way. I was brought to Glimmerbrook and can't leave. I have to find the Sims who did this and duel them or have them remove this...curse."
    "Oh? Where are you from?" Paige asks.
    "I am currently living in Windenburg." D.J. replies.
    "That's a nice place. I live in Del Sol Valley. That's where I was raised. I think I was born in the magic realm."
    "How did you find out you were a spellcaster?"
    "From what I can remember as a child, I wanted a certain toy and I just thought it and it appeared in my hands. I kept it a secret. As I got older, I started to investigate on my own. Then I found out about the Halliwell sisters and how they became Sages."

D.J. and Paige continue to talk through the afternoon to early evening hours. D.J. tells her about his life from being in Newcrest to running away and going to Mt. Komorebi. Then having to find a new place and now he's in Windenburg. He shares with her about the bully he encountered who is a spellcaster, a not so good one. And further details on what happened. The two end up becoming friends by the end of the day. She mentions she will look for him at the Magic HQ whenever she can.

dj-03-098.jpg
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited March 2022
    Feb 22 - The Ins and Outs of Clubs - Part 2

shes-gone-she-doesnt-want-to-talk-to-me.png
    Dylan had asked the Chain Breakers to meet at his house. He wanted them all to listen to the song that had been chosen for the competition, and give their thoughts on some moves for the routine that they should do. Unfortunately, Jade was busy at work, and was unable to attend tonight. But she had complete faith in Dylan and Wolfgang and the Chain Breakers to come up with a rocking dance routine.

meanwhile-at-dylans-house-they-are-practicing.png

Everyone had arrived except DJ and Cale. They were probably running late.

dj-nots-answering-his-textrs.png

Dylan quickly texted DJ and Cale, but both were not answering their texts.

Robin: "Um...Dylan...I don't think they are coming tonight. They...um...I hate to be the one to tell you, but I think that DJ is going to join the Starlights..."

Dylan: "What? He never said a word to me. When did this happen?"

o-think-that-cale-and-dj-have-quit-the-chain-breakers.png

Aaron spoke up then, "Yeah...I overhead something at the club last night. Some girl was there and it seemed like she was trying to convince them to quit the Chain Breakers and join the Starlights..."

i-think-that-dj-and-cale-may-have-gone-to-another-crew.png

Wolfgang: "What girl? What did she look like?"

what-girl.png

Aaron: "Well, it was dark in the club so I didn't get a good look at her. But she had on dark glasses and a hat...and she had long dark hair..."

why-would-they-leave-i-thought-we-were-doing-great.png

Dylan: "Why would they just leave? I thought they were happy in the Chain Breakers...and why didn't they talk to me? I just don't get it..."

yeah-i-kind-of-heard-some-talk-at-the-house.png

Adam: "Maybe they left because of something else...I mean that girl...whoever she was...was really flirting hard with DJ, and well, Cale...yeah...he's always interested in pretty female sims..."

morgans-gone.png

Dylan: "Oh geez...this is awful. I never knew how competitive being in a dance crew was. So, you're saying she used some flattery on them to get them to leave the Chain Breakers?"

omg-this-is-awful-what-more-culd-go-wrong.png

Robin: "Do we know who it was? I mean who is in the Starlights? Does anyone know how their dance members look like?"

i-dont-think-there-coming.png

Morgan: "I bet I know who's behind this. The Captain of the Starlights! It sounds like some under-handed scheme that she would do. Do you know that last year, she convinced Archie Andrews to quit the Jiggy Lows...and rumor has it that they are going out...just it's all hush hush... It wouldn't surprise me if she promised some "favors" to DJ and Cale if they joined the Starlights..."

what-is-she-doing-here.png

Before anyone could answer, there was a knock on the door.

Dylan answered the door and there stood Sofia. Although Dylan was happy to see her, he certainly wasn't expecting to have Sofia show up at his door tonight. Sofia seemed angry when she looked at him.

Sofia stomped inside: "I told you it would happen, but you wouldn't believe me...and now I'm not a Starlight anymore!"

sofia-what-a-surprise.png

Dylan looked at her somewhat puzzled, "Sofia...what happened? I don't know what's going on..."

Sofia and Dylan sat at the table together and then she broke down and cried.

i-told-yuou-it-would-happen-i-got-kicked-out-of-the-starlights-because-i-was-seeing-you.png

Sofia: "The rule....the Starlight rule about not socializing with other dance crew members...(sob)...I broke it...(sob)...when we went dancing...(sniffle)...and...and...she kicked me out...I'm not a Starlight anymore...(wail)....!"

Dylan looked at Sofia in disbelief. He couldn't believe that the Captain of the Starlights would kick her out for going dancing with him because he was in another dance crew. That was a stupid rule, but apparently the Starlights took their rules seriously, and it had cost Sofia a place on her squad, and he was to blame.

Dylan: "Sofia...I'm so sorry. I never thought it would be a big deal, or I wouldn't have gone..."

Sofia: "It's alright...it's my fault. I asked you to go dancing...it's all my fault, and now I can't compete in the Dance-Off Competition! It was what I lived for Dylan. You don't understand how important this was to me," she said as she put her face in her hands and sobbed again.

why-are-you-here-sofia.png

Morgan came over, "What's going on? What is SHE doing here?"

what-are-you-doing-here.png

Dylan: "Morgan, it's alright, Sofia is a friend..."

she-wants-to-join-our-grou.png

Morgan widened her eyes: "A friend? How do you two know each other? You do realize that Sofia is a Starlight..." she said almost spitting out the word Starlight.

yeah-sofia-and-i-met-when-she-had-a-bike-flat.png

Dylan: "Um...well I met her awhile ago when Sofia was in the neighborhood and had a flat tire on her bike, and I helped her fix her tire..." he explained. He suddenly remembered what Wolfgang had told him about Morgan auditioning for the Starlights and how Sofia had gotten the place on the Starlights dance crew instead of Morgan. He could tell that Morgan was not very happy to see Sofia there.

Morgan: "I still don't understand why she's here..."

i-came-here-to-talk-to-dylan-not-you.png

Dylan: "Sofia has been kicked out of the Starlights because of some stupid rule that she can't associate with other dance crew members during competition month. We went dancing together and someone obviously saw us who reported back to her Captain..."

Morgan just looked at them, "I see..." she said quietly.

really.png

Sofia: "Dylan...that's why I came to see you...would you...would you still have a spot in your dance crew for me? I can audition...I just...I just want to compete in the Dance-Off Competition...it's really important to me...and it would really help my university application..." she asked him.

Dylan looked at her. Sofia looked so sad and with such a pleading look in her eyes, he felt awful for what he was about to say.

Dylan: "Sofia...I'm sorry...my dance crew is full..."

Sofia started to sob again.

you-were-kicked-out-the-starlights.png

Morgan watched how Dylan looked affectionately at Sofia. He cared about Sofia. Oh gosh! If Dylan accepted Sofia in the Chain Breakers, Morgan just couldn't...oh gosh...she couldn't be part of the dance crew any longer. Morgan couldn't watch how Dylan and Sofia looked at each other.

i-am-leaving.png

Morgan couldn't bear to be there any longer and suddenly spoke up, "She can have MY spot. Obviously, you have something going on with each other, and she is better suited for this dance crew than I am. I mean, how could you turn down a Starlight, right? They're the best! It's been fun, but I'm outta here..."

Morgan turned on her heel and said good bye to the other dance members.

and-morgan-turned-and-walked-out-the-door.png

good-bye-wolfgang-ill-see-yu-later.png

There was much commotion amongst the members and several members were using forbidden words.

Dylan: "Morgan...wait...where are you going?"

Morgan ran out the house fighting back tears. She would not cry. It wasn't worth it. So Dylan was interested in Sofia. She should have known. Of course...Sofia's a Starlight...or was. Well, they can be together now in the same dance crew. She didn't care. She thought that she had meant something to Dylan, but she had obviously misread all the signals. She was done with this. She should never have listened to Wolfgang and applied for the Chain Breakers to start with. Oh gosh...she had really thought that she and Dylan had something together...what a fool she was!

oh-god-what-have-i-done.png

Dylan ran out the house running after her. Morgan was already up the hill.

morgan-come-back-morgan.png

Dylan: "Morgan....come back...don't go....you're in the dance crew....didn't you hear me? I told Sofia the dance crew was full...please don't leave...."

dont-follow-me.png

Morgan: "DON'T FOLLOW ME! YOU HAVE YOUR STARLIGHT DANCER NOW! I'M OUT! LEAVE ME ALONE!" she shouted and proceeded to run faster up the hill.

Dylan stood there looking after her and he felt so sad suddenly. Oh gosh! She was gone. He felt like a piece of him was going with her. Dang! After the competition, he had planned on taking Morgan out...maybe a romantic dinner somewhere...to see where things went. He really liked Morgan...well, actually more than liked her...and he thought he might be ready to commit to someone again...but now...it was just a big mess.

Dylan entered the house again only to be met by Wolfgang.

Wolfgang: "Where's Morgan? Is she coming back? She didn't quit did she? Oh bro....bro....this is bad..."

dylan-where-is-she.png

Dylan just shook his head not able to speak.

Dylan cleared his throat: "Sofia, I can't say for sure...but I might have a spot in the dance crew. I have a few members missing tonight and I don't know what has happened to them. I'll let you know tomorrow..."

Sofia smiled at Dylan, "Thank you Dylan. I really appreciate this. And...I'm sorry about Morgan...I think she might still hate me because I got her spot on the Starlights Dance Crew...but all that doesn't really matter now, does it?"

Dylan shook his head, "No...it doesn't..."

Dylan was feeling the worst he's ever felt. He had to make things right between Morgan and him. As he was mulling over these thoughts, there was a knock on the door, and for a moment Dylan was hoping to see Morgan there. Maybe she had changed her mind and returned. But it was someone else.

hey-its-cvale.png

Robin: "Cale! What happened? We weren't sure you were coming tonight..."

Cale: "Hey everyone...sorry...I was working on a group school project, and we went over the time, and I realized my cell battery had died, so I couldn't call. But, I'm here now. Are we still waiting for some crew members? I don't see Morgan or DJ here..."

cale-im-so-glad-that-you-are-here.png

Dylan just shook his head and looked away.

Cale then noticed a new sim and wondered who she was.

Cale: "Hi...I'm Cale. Are you joining the Chain Breakers? I thought we were at our limit...but maybe I missed something..."

hi-im-cale.png

Sofia: "Hi, I'm Sofia. Nice to meet you. Well, I'm not in the dance crew yet. I was just kicked out of the Starlights and Dylan was going to see if there was room for me..."

Cale frowned: "The Starlights? Well, that is rather interesting..."

Wolfgang approached the group and said that under the circumstances, the dance practice for tonight was cancelled. The dance crew members didn't look very enthusiastic about practicing and most of the dance crew members then left.

Sofia stood up, "I really should be going..."

Dylan: "Do you need me to walk you to the ferry, Sofia?"

do-you-need-me-to-walk-you-to-the-ferry-sofia.png

Wolfgang: "Dylan...I can walk Sofia...I'm heading that way anyway. Is that alright with you Sofia?"

Sofia: "Yeah, sure. Thanks, Wolfgang. Give me a call Dylan, okay..."

ill-walk-you-to-the-ferry-sofia-talk-to-you-tomorrow-bro.png

Wolfgang and Sofia left and Cale turned to Dylan.

im-sorry-bro-a-good-looking-babe-almost-swayed-me.png

Cale: "Dylan, I have to talk to you about something that happened last night. I don't know what's really going on, but it involves the Starlights."

They sat down together and Cale told Dylan what happened last night.

i-think-one-of-those-starlights-was-trying-to-pach-me.png

Cale: "...so, I told her I would come to the Starlights practice tonight...but, I never intended on going...all I wanted was a bit of action with this girl...you know...I mean she was kind of cute. There is no way I would EVER want to be a Starlight. And I did have a school project I was working on tonight...you can check with Yuki Baer if you don't believe me. I don't want to be in any other dance crew. The Chain Breakers is the perfect dance crew for me..."

Dylan: "I'm glad you told me all of this. You know, Cale, I never knew that all this dance crew stuff would be so competitive...rules about not associating with another dance crew member...it's all a bit much..."

Cale: "Yeah, I know what you mean...too much drama. But I have something else to tell you...that girl who was at the club last night...she was chatting with DJ, too. And since DJ wasn't here tonight, I think he might have switched dance crews. I mean, have you heard from him at all?"

its-funny-that-dj-didnt-show-up-tonight.png

Dylan: "No, not a word...and Robin thinks he might have joined the Starlights, too. I just can't believe that DJ would do that. It's so unlike him..."

Cale: "Well, this girl...well...there was just something about her...like I would do anything for her...you know...like I was under a spell or something. I've never felt that way with a girl before. I really wanted to kiss her right then and there when we got to the ferry...but she quickly got on the ferry and left..."

im-sorry-dude-i-nearly-went-for-it.png

Dylan: "You walked her to the ferry? So, she lives on the Crumblin' Isle? Did you get her name?"

Cale thought a moment, "You know...the funny thing is, she never told me her name, but she knew mine. Anyway, I thought you should know."

Dylan walked Cale out and then thought about the evening. He texted Morgan, but, of course, knew she wouldn't return his text. He tried DJ again, and no return text either. He gave a deep sign. This was just the worst night ever.

he-couldnt-believe-that-someone-wa-trying-to-steral-members.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited March 2022
    March 21st: A pale face

Today's Accomplishments:
    Freelance Botanist
    - Evolve 5 plants
    - Reach level 6 in gardening
    - Graft 3 plants
    - Fertilize 5 plants

mJBkWtJ.png
    I'd slept fairly well with Bonehilda managing to keep Temperance from showing up; although Guidry later told me that she spent most of the night flirting with him.
    L3JjMJ1.png
    Back at HQ, I led a morning routine before challenging L to another duel. We were both on fire, but I managed to win, and she awarded me a couple more wands.
    H6eH4JH.png
    Kaori and Grace entered the ring for a duel, so I sat down to secretly cheer her on.
    lfC1J2d.png
    They both did well, but Kaori used some of the tricks I'd been teaching her, and pulled ahead for the win!
    YTEqvtr.png
    After Grace left, Kaori joined me on the bench and excitedly told me how she had used what I had shown her and how much she was enjoying magic.
    Zez3YTJ.png
    I offered to teach her a few more tricks I'd picked up, and we practiced until Carol returned from class.
    iKf3oO0.png
    Carol was hungry, so we created three plates of food and sat down to eat.
    RWbxkGR.png
    After our meal, Carol asked if there was any way she could watch a new show that was premiering that night. She explained that all the kids in her class had been talking about nothing else all day, and she didn't want to be left out of the fun.
    g3uXXjH.png
    Kaori shrugged and looked at me, "Do you know if they have cable here?" she asked, "I don't think I've ever even seen a TV in this place." I had to think about it, but she was right. "I know they have a TV at the pub in town," I said, "but I don't know if that's a good idea. You guys will be more vulnerable out there." Kaori stood up, "Adam," she said taking Carol's hand, "we're going. We can't hide here for the rest of our lives. Some things are worth a little risk." Seemingly I'd been outvoted. Together we teleported out of the realm and to the pub where Kaori and Carol went in ahead of me.
    ioozZMq.png
    I followed them in a minute later and picked up a drink from the bar before joining them upstairs.
    9HkyAyF.png
    The show started and we were joined by Grace and L who were both excited and wouldn't stop talking.
    nbT4JGC.png
    Carol yelled at them to shut up and I had to hold back a laugh as she got into an argument with L about it.
    NqUvgGj.png
    After the show ended, Kaori said she'd better bring Carol home so she could finish her homework before bed, and I slowly wandered home for the night. I tended my garden and tried out a new technique called grafting. I took a twig from my blueberry plant and attached it to one of my indoor flowers, and also tried a few other combos. As I finished up, Guidry appeared and excitedly offered to give me the suit he'd died in as a token of friendship. I wasn't sure what to say, thanks I guess?
    rRaLG1c.png
    As I was talking to Guidry about Bonehilda and the night before, I caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a pale face watching us over the garden wall.
    GCQX3Em.png
    I quickly turned while reaching for my wand, but all I saw was a blur and then nothing.
    2hdxOoD.png
    I ran over to the wall and looked over it and down the street in both directions, but there was nobody in sight. Odd.
    k4bgPCN.png
    I tried to rationalize it away as another spellcaster who was just curious about Guidry, but deep down I knew that the presence had had an ill intent, and that it had not been a spellcaster. I shuddered and hastily went inside, locking the doors behind me.
    March - Day 21: "No love is greater than that of a Father for his Son..."

sln4qSt.png

Notes
    rsV3694.png
    During the day, Sandy would travel to the Realm to continue assisting L. in the classroom. While she was there, Cale and Joe spent their day learning and playing together. Flashcards weren't his favorite thing to do, but they were helping Joe to learn the basic things he'd need to know about life.

"What's this Joe? Can you tell Daddy?"

1ZPOf7H.png
    Joe studied the card, looking at it this way and that. Cale could almost see the gears in his mind spinning as he tried to decipher the image.

N4vbNNw.png
    "Kitty!"

bKZldoW.png
    "Aww, that's close, but it's really a dog."

0rYvmQT.png
    (Look ike kitty. You wong Daddy.)

xJzKbUJ.png
    "I bet you know what this is. Can you tell Daddy what this is? You can do it. Think Joe."

rwEvjQE.png
    *gasp*
    (I DO!)
    "Potty Potty Potty!"

"YES! That's my smart little Joe! Good job"

O7T7nYD.png
    Joe got up and launched himself into Cale's arms to give him a big hug.
    "Joe smar."
    "Yes he is, very smart. Daddy's smart little guy."
    "Lub Daddy!"
    (Oh man, my heart...)
    "I love you too little man and I always will."

yYumtJ0.png
    "Pay! Pay! Pay!"
    "Oh, so you want to play huh?"

mVq91bt.png
    "Yea Yea Yea! Pay Daddy Pay!"
    "Okay, you asked for it. I'm gonna get you, here I come!"
    *hehehe* "Ge me Daddy Ge me!"

OxbXPPk.png
    "Weeeeee! You're flying Joe!"
    "Joe fy ike birdy."

QlEo3ue.png
    "Cheep Cheep! Fy Fy Fy!" Joe said and waved his arms up and down like he was a bird flying through the air.

yTFMjM9.png
    "Hey, where'd Joe Birdy go? Did he fly away? He was just here! Where's Joe!?"

4xPg1ys.png
    "Cheep Cheep!"
    "HEY, who said that? Was that you Joe Birdy?"
    *hehehehe*

62SI42x.png
    *Gasp* "There he is! It WAS you. I found you!"
    "Daddy fine Joe birdy. Cheep Cheep!" *giggle giggle*

ytFQaBb.png
    Father and Son continued to play for awhile with Joe laughing his sweet little head off in gleeful abandon.

I love this screenshot SO much! <3

bfW45oY.png
    It's a good thing Joe hasn't had his lunch yet. I imagine he'd lose it otherwise with this move. Look at his face though. Love that sweet smile.

S9QWQ70.png
    *Sniff* They're both so happy! I just love it SO much when parents play with their toddlers. I'd have to say it's one of my absolute favorite animations in the game, ever!

NAE8I94.png
    Unfortunately, it was a little too rough for Joe. He got a pouty face when Cale finally put him down. Maybe he was just sad because he had to pee though.

iF7KmA2.png
    Cale took him to the bathroom and hoped that would help him feel better. Unfortunately, Joe had an accident and missed the potty a little. It made him very sad. Cale comforted him and he cheered right up though. Little Joe gave his Daddy a big hug for it, squeezing him around the neck.

fInciiu.png
    Cale fed Joe some lunch and then had a bite to eat himself while his Son had a chat with a stuffed dog.

MRTZcel.png
    "I fy'd waaay up in air, ike dis Skip! I Joe Birdy!"

Joe continued to jabber away at the plushie for a long time, reaching Level 5 in communication! Congrats Joe! You are a little smarty!

And that's where I left them for this update. :)

Comments/replies coming up next! I hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
    edited March 2022
    @SoulGal7
    o.O Well now, the *beep* really hit the fan eh? :o What a mess! I wondered if Sofia might come running to Dylan and the Chain Breakers. What a bummer that Morgan quit over it though. :'( Such a shocker she did that! But I guess I can understand why. I hope Dylan can fix things with her and get her back to the Chain Breakers ANd eventually in his arms.

I am so, SO glad Cale didn't leave too! Proud of my guy being loyal to his crew. <3 I figured all he wanted was to get in her pants. HAHA! Mr. Horndog loves the females, yep! He must've figured when she wouldn't kiss him she was just a tease and he wasn't going to get any action. He may be just a horndog, but he's smart to figure out something wasn't right with that chick. What a great and shocking update! Bravo, enjoyed every second of it. Can't wait to find out what happens next! :)

@LegacySims2017
    Oh I like how you did the flashback to DJ dueling with Phoebe. I was confused at first since the screenshots didn't match the text, but then figured it out once you included the B/W shot. Ah, so Paige. Hmm, I hope she's authentic in her interest in DJ and not just using him to get chummy with the Halliwell sisters. She seems like she's been entranced with them for a long time. Although, I find it interesting that her name starts with a 'P' the same as the sisters. Perhaps she's related to them or something, maybe a 'secret' sister or...I don't know, but it's interesting. Can't wait to find out what she's all about. :)
    Opps! Almost missed your update @LegacySims, sorry about that! I'll update my post above to include comments for you. :)
    Special Response:
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017
    Oh I like how you did the flashback to DJ dueling with Phoebe. I was confused at first since the screenshots didn't match the text, but then figured it out once you included the B/W shot. Ah, so Paige. Hmm, I hope she's authentic in her interest in DJ and not just using him to get chummy with the Halliwell sisters. She seems like she's been entranced with them for a long time. Although, I find it interesting that her name starts with a 'P' the same as the sisters. Perhaps she's related to them or something, maybe a 'secret' sister or...I don't know, but it's interesting. Can't wait to find out what she's all about. :)
    Okay, that is weird. I actually did have other screenshots uploaded for a different chapter, but that fell through. Even though I did delete them, the site's cache kept them. But using another browser, the correct images with the same image addresses worked fine. Are you seeing kitchen scenes for the first set that are supposed to be black and white?
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited March 2022
    @LegacySims2017
    Oh, so it wasn't on purpose. Well now I am seeing the kitchen pics still and the one b/w image is a broken link. :/

EDIT:
    I cleared my browsing data thinking maybe that would help, but it's still the kitchen pics and the one broken b/w image. Looking at that link closely, I see you have an extra 'h' at the beginning of the address. That could be why it's not showing properly.
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017
    Oh, so it wasn't on purpose. Well now I am seeing the kitchen pics still and the one b/w image is a broken link. :/

EDIT:
    I cleared my browsing data thinking maybe that would help, but it's still the kitchen pics and the one broken b/w image. Looking at that link closely, I see you have an extra 'h' at the beginning of the address. That could be why it's not showing properly.

All should be look correct now. I just renamed the images. Anyone who was seeing kitchen screenshots for the flashbacks should now see the correct images. Thank you @Karababy52 for confirming that the cache wasn't working correctly. Now the images should make sense. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @LegacySims2017

Yes! It's all as it should be now! Great screenshots, glad you got it figured out and glad I could help. :)
    edited March 2022
    March 22
    2F6Ygjx.png
    (Yes these two are still together lol)
    fstEJXD.png
    wFzbwbm.png

"I'm worried about Aaron," Robin finally confided to Melissa as they sat together in the house Robin shared with Cale and Adam, and now DJ who had arrived over the weekend.
    ORoYMe6.png

"Aaron?! I hate that guy!" Adam spat as he entered the room.
    Melissa was taken aback. "What did Aaron ever do to you? He's been nothing but sweet for as long as I've known him-"
    Robin sighed. "You don't know him now," she said. "I was at the Magic Realm with one of the Sages, he came through the portal, I said 'hey' and he said plum off!"
    "And then he beat me up!" Adam interjected.
    XUY5952.png

Melissa and Robin exchanged a look. "I... I'm sure he would have had a good reason-" Melissa tried, but Adam only emphatically shook his head.
    "Never a good reason for violence," he said. (yes Adam is very conveniently forgetting the fact that he actually started it *cough*)
    "I just don't know what's got into him," Robin continued. "So I was thinking... we should go talk to him, maybe then he'll come to his senses..."
    "But didn't you say that he was hurting because of Hunter biting him? The man he loved and trusted betraying him?"
    "Yeah but I'd have assumed they'd have made up by now... But then again..."
    Melissa glanced down at her phone. "There's no cell reception in the Realm, is there?"
    ~~~

Aaron only left the Realm for a second, stepping through the portal and checking his phone. There was a message there waiting for him, and he was extremely surprised to see who it was from.
    6FMdzm3.png
    Well. She could have been nicer about it.

He stared at his phone for a second, wondering just who hated him so much. Ah. Adam, probably... He still had no idea why Adam had marched up to him and started a fight. He swiftly turned and re-entered the Portal. School could wait for another day. And he still had two sages to defeat in duels...
    ~~~

"Oh no not again! Rasmodius!!!"
    rFtJiOK.png
    9ldZx2d.png

He fumbled with his broom and landed with his head in a bed of flowers at the base of the stairs leading to the back entrance of HQ.
    0ZrY6Nc.png

Hearing footsteps, he glanced up quickly to see Simeon peering over the top.
    HqOBnXi.png

"Getting into more trouble are we, Mr. Winterson?" (I don't know why but I totally read this in Professor Snape's voice :joy: )
    UUd6ROD.png

Aaron grimaced and brushed past him up the stairs. The Sage only sighed very quietly.

Inside, Cale was practicing his magic and looking absolutely fantastic.
    7AcwAjg.png

Aaron made his way to a free cauldron and began to craft some more potions of plentiful needs.
    GXdbA9R.png
    nPv6Hmr.png

Cale was, of course, still looking fantastic.
    rUQ9KOg.png
    hLOlhin.png
    (What are you doing looking at me, surrogate Watcher? Aaron is the star of your show...)
    Nothing... :smirk:

Aaron bottled his latest potion.
    GalV3TJ.png

He remembered a recipe one of the Sages had taught him so he decided to try crafting that one for the first time.
    L0ephlm.png

Was that really what it was supposed to look like? (Huh...)
    P6EqQft.png

He continued stirring anyway...
    dJuUeOJ.png
    9COtUHM.png

Oh. Oh no. (He actually has a skin overlay on (that's not included in his list of CC because I don't know the name haha) that prevents the wrinkles and other stuff from showing up with this curse, but he at least he's green :D )
    LuqtJr5.png

Rasmodius squawked in alarm.
    8am1Ani.png

(COOL! Just what I freaking needed!)
    65nfxmR.png

He groaned and wiped his mouth. Normal vomit was gross enough, but this was nasty.
    JMchdBr.png

(Oh, poop.)
    4PrrFGM.png
    mwiBVp8.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    @SoulGal7
    Feb 21: Eww at Veronica's smug smile in the daily pic :joy:
    Oh and what she says about touching and flirting with the boys from the Chain Breakers being gross? I hate her even more than I did before now!
    Poor Sofia!!! And DJ arrives just at the worst time...
    Oh Luna, yes you have to get out, your cousin is a witch-with-a-B!

Feb 22: Poor Dylan in that daily pic...
    Also I just need to say that Aaron looks smoking hot with that eyeliner lol
    These are some perfect facial expressions that you captured for this tough conversation! Archie was in the Jiggy-Lows? What?! :o
    Oh Sofia, this is not a good time...
    NOOOO Morgan!!! :cry: Ugh this is so sad, I hate seeing Morgan like this and there's Dylan trying to patch things up but no...
    Ugh Veronica's really done it now! I hope she meets an awful demise
    Oh and there's Cale, come to clear everything up... And just like I thought everything is falling apart just in time for the competition, can't wait to see how things, um, continue to fall apart lol

@Karababy52
    Yes I did laugh too much at him finally falling off his broom lol. He falls off again in today's update :D
    Aaron participated in like 7 duels (I think) in a very short space of time, lost every single one of them, and is still going for more so I had to have someone tell him he was being an idiot lol and it made sense for it to be Simeon.

Oh yeah when I got those pics of Cale I couldn't NOT post them! I'm glad you liked them <3

I'm so happy that you're loving Aaron's story so far!

Yeah I don't think I'm going to have Aaron pursue serial romantic after all, it'll take too much effort :joy: And I have enough screenshots now to last until the end of the month, and just need the shots of his friends helping him and then that'll be it I think... I'm so excited for April!

Oh I mean Cale looks good doing anything but he looked especially good with that guitar ;)
    hehe You seem very excited Joe's a spellcaster only!
    Oh well really I was more excited that I was right about something for once lol. It would have been so much cooler if he was a spellcaster with a purple skintone but I think you can only make those in CAS...
    I always peek at how my sims will age up the instant that they become toddlers :joy: I'm terrible LOL

~~~
    Mar 21: This update is so cute and I did not tear up at several parts again, nope not at all ( ;) ). Gah toddlers are just so stinking CUTE in TS4! His little head tilt at the flashcard!!!! "Kitty!" AWWWW! My heart!!!
    Love Joe's dialogue too, so adorable! <3 I'll just be over here dying from all the cuteness lol
    Oh yes the animation for older sims playing with toddlers is so good!
    His little sad face though :cry: Daddy makes it all better!
    This update warmed my heart <3
    THE DOG NAMED SKIP!!!!! okay I'm done lol

@LegacySims2017
    Mar 11: Awesome daily pic of Paige!
    I love the recap of DJ's duel against Phoebe, much more exciting than how I describe Aaron's duels :joy:
    I love Paige's full backstory and I also wonder if she's related to the Halliwell sisters in some way...
    Also wonder if she and DJ will hook up!

@RememberJoy
    Mar 21: Hahaha I love that pic of Guidry and Bonehilda :joy:
    Yes, Kaori won another duel! She's doing very well!
    LOL at Carol yelling at L :joy::joy:
    Oh shoot, it's a vampire! Wonder what he wants... :grimace:
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I’ve had such a bad stomach bug these last few days. It’s really wiped me out. Been too nauseous to look at a screen so that’s why I’m falling behind on posting here. Hoping to be on the mend soon though!
    March 21

GHVsA6J.jpg
    Continuing my lore finally :) It's kind of weak story, but I had fun with it anyway haha.
    ---

Some vampires were not content with the way things were. They believed the spellcasters had too much power and influence, and they believed the vampires deserved more. Matthias found himself getting caught up and intrigued in these ideas...
    G9nOP6T.jpg

Matthias and Elle often argued about this, never quite seeing eye to eye. Elle was content to keep things the way they were, but Matthias insisted that the Realm was in need of a reform.
    f6o5Dzh.jpg

One day, the rogue vampire staged an attack on the Realm.
    xYawmx2.jpg

"What are you doing, Matthias? You can't attack our home!"
    Fl03CC3.jpg
    T3Zgrxt.jpg

"L!?! What are you doing?!?"
    nUVpmdL.jpg

"Matthias! Are you okay? Talk to me..."
    LOnAP9E.jpg

Suddenly, the ground began to shake again. "Elle! You need to get out of the way!"
    HgHtufd.jpg

"But....Matthias!!"
    "Elle!"
    With all her might, L. dragged Elle away...
    ihH28lP.jpg

Okay I totally meant for this to be a serious moment but I accidentally laughed.
    t6KZCen.jpg

"You killed him, L.! I can't believe-"
    LrcUvs9.jpg

But Elle was cut off as Simeon ran toward them. "L., come quick. It's Nessa..."
    OpbsfP6.jpg

"Nessa, I'm here...please Nessa...."
    ZdsQzPy.jpg

But she was gone...
    XtDBCBr.jpg

The vampires were banished from the Realm and Glimmerbrook after that, and things have been tumultuous between them ever since....
    March 22

PF353MS.jpg
    "Simeon, love, I think it's time..."
    AX3ZaSC.png

Don't be fooled. He was freaking out like 2 seconds before this...
    Bx1vy9x.png

Welcome, little Nessa Silversweater <3
    teJX0u6.png

Daddy got her a cute little onesie.
    zsvqJ2h.png

And she's all smiles for Uncle Morgyn <3
    TTAMkZx.png

Meanwhile....

"Are you sure it's mine?" Cale asked skeptically.
    BftgFyR.png

"Of course it's yours! What do you think, I go around woohooing with every guy I meet??"
    UiBuyyq.png

"Clem, are you okay?"
    B99y5h6.png

"I think this baby is coming. Right now. What do I do?? My parents are both at work. Cale..."
    WeMntAB.png

"Don't worry, I'm totally here for you even though this might be the scariest moment of my life...."
    "Dude, at least you're not the one who has to birth this kid..."
    Ylvu0l0.png

"Oh hey there little guy..." Welcome, Finley Conrad <3
    gXPJIvf.png

"Thanks for being here for me today, Cale."
    BEPgSIl.png

And it looks like this little dude is gonna be a spellcaster like his dad :)
    cufhfHm.png

Meanwhile, I aged up Kate too, as you could probably tell from my daily photo. She still has these strange genetics, but I'm just gonna go with it.
    0BX8vLR.png

"Come to Mama, little one..."
    bHsZzjF.png

Snuggles for Grandma Essa <3
    HSHmbuv.png

Even though these genetics are messed up, I do like that she got Grandpa Damon's hair color :)
    aWv3KzH.png

And of course Daddy gets a hug too <3
    YHAADMU.png

--
    Sorry that Robin hasn't appeared in my updates recently haha. I should be back to focusing on her tomorrow :)
    March - Day 22: "Have you ever watched a leaf leave a tree? It falls upward first, and then it drifts toward the ground. Just as I find myself drifting toward you..."

zvQ36C1.png

Notes
    RwGdzM5.png
    Sandy returned from the Realm and sat down with Cale to have a bite to eat with him while Joe continued talking to Skip.

"How'd it go with Joe today?"
    "Great! We had fun, we always do. He's so funny! He's calling himself Joe Birdy now."
    "Oh? Why is that?"

As they continued their meal, Cale told Sandy about how that happened and all the others things they'd done that day.

STHRTZ7.png
    "Did you finish the song you were writing?"
    "Nah, I can't do that and watch Joe, too hard to focus."
    "Takes a lot of concentration to write huh? I can see that. I never tried to play the guitar, seems hard enough just to do that, let alone write a song."

yLVwVl4.png
    "Is playing the guitar something you want to learn?"
    "Well, yeah, but I don't think I could. Memorizing all those notes and chords? It seems so complicated."

RJVgykC.png
    "I don't know all that stuff either. I just started playing and learned that way, hands on at first. I bet you could too, you can do anything. You're extremely smart Sandy."
    "Aww, Cale you're so sweet to say that. I'm not that smart."

NWob5eS.png
    "Yes, you are! Come on! You learned all the spells and potions, plus figured out some potions by just experimenting, right?"
    "Yeah, I guess that's all true."
    "It is! That's kind of what it's like playing the guitar. You just experiment and figure out what notes sound good and work together."

NHktww7.png
    "I could help you, if you want. Just show you how to hold it, where to put your fingers and stuff. I do know a few chords now, what the notes are and stuff. I could teach you that stuff too."
    (Quit saying 'stuff' all the time. Sheesh!)

Lu77lBY.png
    "What about your song though? Don't you want to finish that?"
    "That can wait. It's not like anyone's waiting to hear it or anything."
    (I am. I love hearing him play. He puts such heart into it.)

QV7iMTd.png
    "So what do you think? Wanna try it?"
    "Welllll...okay, you talked me into it."
    "Great!"
    "I just hope you don't regret it. I'll probably be really, really bad at first. Just a warning."

3tdItS9.png
    "I could never regret doing anything with you Sandy. You know how I feel."
    (I'd do anything to make you happy and see you smile at me. Whatever it takes to help you realize you love me like I love you.)
    "Yes, I do....alright, I'll get Joe to bed first and meet you in the living room."
    "Excellent!"

HVPY34X.png
    Speaking of Joe, the little guy was so worn out, he'd fallen asleep cuddling Skip.

NY62wnz.png
    "Would you like Aunt Sandy to read you a story?"
    "Okee An Andy!"

qPiuVcT.png
    "...and the Hero Joe Birdy rescued the lost baby kitty, flying him back to his Mother."
    *Yawn* "Joe...birdy...e-row...Zzzz...."

9z8o1YA.png
    Joe had fallen asleep almost instantly after Sandy finished the story. She tucked him in tight in his little bed, softly patting the covers and...

vmjh1fr.png
    F1YrF6t.png
    (Sweet dreams little Joe. I love you!)

x2b6yJT.png
    "I don't think this is how it's supposed to sound."
    "It's not that bad. You'll get it, try another chord I showed you. Do you remember where to put your fingers?"
    "I think so. Let's see..."

g9XQcKp.png
    *twang scratch twang scritch twanganganganggggg*
    (Ouch, wrong chord Babe.)
    "Here, let me show you again."
    "I'll never get this right."
    "You will, don't worry. I believe in you."
    "Good thing you do, because I don't." *gigglesnort*

UnWatgI.png
    With Cale's help and encouragement, after awhile Sandy started to sound a little better.

"Now you're getting it! Great job Babe, I mean, Sandy."

IdX2vpa.png
    (I knew she could do it! Look at her, so determined, so beautiful...)

F9FJawT.png
    I'm sure you all figured out by now Cale needed to mentor someone to complete the Musical Genius aspiration. Who better than Sandy, eh? Congratulations Cale!

PE4JUhe.png
    Sandy decided she'd had enough guitar for one night. At least playing it herself. She asked Cale if he would play and sing her something. Just so she could hear how the guitar was supposed to sound when someone that knew what they were doing played it.

Of course he agreed. He stood there thinking what to play for a moment and finally settled on one of his favorite love songs. One that he'd sung when he thought he was dying. He hoped that Sandy would like it.

"Bittersweet memories –
    That is all I'm taking with me.
    So good-bye.
    Please don't cry."

hn7t2vh.png
    "I hope life treats you kind
    And I hope you have all you've dreamed of
    And I'm wishing you joy and happiness
    But above all this, I wish you love."

ViJIid8.png
    "And I... will always love you
    I will always love you
    I, I will always love you."

BRKQvPv.png
    "You, Sandy,
    I Love you...
    I will always, love... you."

They say that men fall in love with their eyes. But women? They fall in love with their ears...

Comments/replies coming soon. I need to make dinner first. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    March 23rd: Into the woods

i4z2h7g.png
    After leading a morning routine, I ran into Gemma and challenged her to a duel.
    E7QlMd8.png
    She kicked my butt.
    Kaori joined us afterwards and we sat down and ended up having a nice chat about our future plans.
    0XquAbM.png
    "I'm planning on attending a university after I turn 18," I said. "I've narrowed it to either Britechester or Foxbury, but I'm still undecided in what I want to major in." Kaori nodded, "I've decided on one of those two as well," she said, "and I've narrowed my majors down to either Drama or Psychology." Kaori looked over at Gemma, "Have you decided on attending a University or do you have other plans?" Gemma shrugged, "I guess I hadn't really given it much thought," she said. "My family have been spellcasters for generations, and I always figured that was enough. Who needs a job when you can magically summon food from nowhere, am I right?" We all laughed at this, she had a point. "True," Kaori said, "but I promised some people I loved very much I would go, and I intend to keep my promise." Gemma looked over at me, "How about you Adam?" she asked, "What makes you want a degree?" I laughed, "I'm only going for the experience and the challenge, I don't really care about the degree. But hey," I continued, "If you do decide to come, we should all totally rent a house together!" Gemma grinned, "That does sound like it could be a lot of fun," she said, "I'll have to think about it." Just then I caught a glimpse of Morgyn in the distance, so I excused myself; I wanted to discuss what had happened the night before with him. As I walked away I heard Gemma challenging Kaori to a rematch.
    3xdozU0.png
    I glanced back and smiled at their unusual duel setup, I guess you have to mix it up sometimes to keep things interesting.
    Bn6kbtf.png
    Morgyn was casually observing some students when I approached him. leaning in close and asked if he had time to talk privately.
    6FkWNQV.png
    We found a little bar in an out of the way nook, and sat down to talk. "Morgyn?" I began, searching for the right words. "Do you remember our discussion several weeks ago about vampires?" Morgyn looked at me sharply, "Adam," he asked, "have you seen something?"
    bhkLhfM.png
    I shook my head, "I don't know," I said. "I thought I saw a face watching me over my garden wall for heartbeat, but then it was gone. It's less of what I saw and more of what I felt, if that makes any sense."
    4psByJf.png
    I stopped, realizing how silly this all sounded. "You know what?" I said waving my hand and starting to stand, "forget I said anything, it was probably just the stress of the last two weeks catching up with me." Morgyn grabbed my shoulder, "Trust your first instinct Adam," he said, pulling me back into my seat. "If there is a vampire freely roaming around Glimmerbrook, it is vital we discover who they are and why they've come, and put an end to it swiftly." He stood up "I will sound the alert and set up a night watch," he turned to leave. "You can never be too careful when dealing with the undead." He was gone and I was left wondering what I should do. Kaori and Carol were more than likely safe here in the Realm, but every inch of me screamed to grab them and flee. Well, Morgyn had just said to follow my first instinct.
    I went and gathered Carol, who had just returned from class, and Kaori, who had lost her battle with Gemma, and brought them into the library. Carol was hungry, so I made us some dinner quickly and we sat down to talk.
    tfOqWho.png
    "So," I said as casually as possible, "it's the weekend and I was thinking we could get out of here for a couple days and go camping!" Carol got very excited, "Really Daddy!" she squealed, "I've never been camping before! Let's go!" I laughed and looked up at Kaori, "Well?" I asked, hoping she'd agree. She smiled, "It's been an age since I've been camping, count me in!" Yes! I didn't even bother hiding our departure this time. I took their hands and pictured a campground I'd seen in a brochure recently, and we were off. At the campground, I was able to use my yoga money to rent a small cabin for two nights. The office lady told us there was a lake a short hike from our cabin with a stream and lake to swim in. It was a sweltering day, so we teleported our way over there immediately.
    W98aHgt.png
    It was indeed a gorgeous place, with a couple water falls and a small lodge and campground. Carol ran off to put on her bathing suit and Kaori and I embraced and enjoyed the quiet sounds of nature for a moment.
    E1QEJln.png
    We both put on our suits and joined Carol who was practicing her back float.
    f3V53aT.png
    We began to quietly flirt and splash each other and even ended on a kiss.
    kMRaSJG.png
    Carol was getting tired, so we got out and she and Kaori played horseshoes while I watched and enjoyed the evening.
    fIFRaO5.png
    As it grew dark, we teleported home, and tucked in Carol for the night. Kaori and I went back outside into the cool dusk and laid down to watch the stars.
    T6LMTwi.png
    "It's so peaceful here," Kaori said, reaching over to grab my hand, "I'm glad we came." I squeezed her hand and pulled her closer, "Me too," I said.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top