Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I don't have much time so these are going to be short, but here are comments :blush:

@permanentrose
    Day 27: Lovely to see Cale!
    I spent so long sending Aaron on hikes and yelling at him to be attacked :joy:
    Omg that vampire attack :D That pic of Robin taking a selfie while mesmerised is absolutely priceless :joy:
    Poor Ophelia lol. And then Robin starts cooking? What??? This is wild lmao

Day 28: Congrats on finally killing all those bugs lol
    And for finishing the aspiration overall, of course ;)

@RememberJoy
    Day 27: Awesome shot of Adam skiing!
    Poor dude passing out on the hiking trail though!

Day 28: Gorgeous pics of Adam and Kaori all round :)
    Ooh putting a hotspring on the peak is a wonderful idea!

@Carebear92
    Day 26: Oof, poor Savannah not being able to climb to the top!
    Nice that Kiyoshi's mother helped her with her homework!

Day 27: Cute that she and Kiyoshi made lunch together :)
    Great pics of her snowboarding :smiley:

@Karababy52
    Day 27: That daily pic is awesome, I love Cale's face :D
    And congrats of completing that second aspiration, Cale :smiley:
    Great pics of him at the gym!
    He looks so sad in that school uniform, poor dude lol
    He has over 100K! Wow! Aaron has just over 36K from selling all his masterpieces :D

Day 28: Look at my boy go! :smiley:
    I had to laugh at Aaron falling followed by Cale falling immediately afterwards :joy:
    Ah yeah whoops I only gave Aaron his winter sports outfit with the gloves after I put him on the gallery haha. Luckily sims don't actually care if they're wearing gloves or not ;)
    Aaron wore his boots in the onsen for the first time when I played this morning :D
    That was a nice conversation they had in the onsen too :)

@Shadami
    Day 27: I like the idea of doing a tribute post like this!
    Awesome to see Velma's relationships with all the other teens in the challenge :smiley:

@SoulGal7
    Day 24: Well done to Dylan for his drama club promotion!
    Ugh, it's Shigeru again...
    Cute pics of Dylan with Kaori though! <3

@LegacySims2017
    Day 26: Ooh dang that's an excellent and dramatic way to bring in the world change! But poor DJ!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    Glad DJ enjoys climbing so much, he's doing it just for fun and not because of a goal. Oh man, what a bummer! Great segue for the move to Windenburg though. Bravo!

Yep, Cale is a mean hot head so he wants to express that if left under his own devices. I should just embrace that, but it's hard. The last Sim I played with those traits, I hated him and stopped playing with him. I don't want to hate Cale. :( I already love the guy! Oh well, I know, just a Sim, but I tend to get attached to my Sims, they're my babies. ;) You're right about full autonomy and public places. Cale was much more animated at the gym than at home.

Sounds like a great plan! I plan to start Cale at zero, but he will keep things special to him, like photos for instance, and probably one seed of every plant he's grown. And yes, his house will stay there too. He'll still have a big bank account, which I will write down for later months. I probably will let him have a house in later months, but probably not until he's an adult. We'll see how it goes. We all know how plans can be changed. Mine already have from what I intended. But that's okay. :)

@afai1261
    Gorgeous daily post pic! Love that Aaron is continuing to rock climb after reaching the summit! He and Hunter very well could climb it again one day. Essa and Josh did. :) Love the image of him fist pumping after reaching the top of the wall. Oh man, poor Hunter, always angry about his Uncle. Great idea for the reason they go to Windenburg is to get away from Hunter's uncle! Smart! Aww how sweet Hunter just gets right in bed. Love how Aaron is looking at him sleeping there. (hubba hubba Hunter by the way...) Such a sweet pose! I should get a pose player and some poses. Big Mods like that and MCCC intimidate me though. Oh well, I get along without them and I do have one certain Mod that has sweet poses anyway. :)

Love all the snowboarding pics too! Should've waited and had Cale and Aaron go during the day. Ah well... o.O Wow, yeah, what's up with that foam? Didn't look like that in my game. Wowzers! Look at you Aaron all buffed up! And Robin too! Fantastic all the challenge Sims that showed up everywhere. That one of Aaron and Morgan looking at each other across the road looks sinister. And why DOES he look like Morgan Fyres? o.O Can't wait to find out that mystery. :)

hehe Thanks! I love that shocked look on his face too, almost as if he knows Nik is behind him. Yeah, poor guy. He hates conformity anyway, then got embarrassed by something supposedly with the mood swing and was in the red for energy. Not a good ending for his day. He had fun earlier though. ;) Yep, Cale pulls in around 4-6K every day from his garden. Those orchids are so profitable it's crazy! All the plants are either Excellent or Magnificent now too, a couple close to Perfect. He doesn't have to do much other than tend to them once a day and do a Super Sell.

hehe I laughed so hard when they both fell one right after the other! Hilarious! No worries about the gloves. I should've noticed when I was fixing him up in CAS. Was surprised to find that the only outfit that had the contacts for his eyes too was the first one in every day. All the others didn't, but they do now! ;) But yes, luckily Sims don't give a hoot about gloves. hehe Yeah, I had fun writing that convo. I hope everyone still likes the guy after what he said. hehe

@permanentrose
    Love the daily post pic! Mayor Whiskers is da bomb diggity. hehe Love that hep cat! Hi Dylan & Selena. Those caterpillars freak me out, they're so HUGE! Gross! Congratulations on completing the aspirations! Go Robin! Cale just needs two more levels in snowboarding and he's maxed all the snow sports too. Can't wait to see what you've decided for the move to Windenburg! I still don't know what I'm doing. I have one idea, that's it! hehe But I really need some poses to pull it off, so probably do something else. Hmmm...

@Shadami
    Well, well, so Cale has a crush on Velma eh? That's adorable! hehe Oh awesome, congrats about the Table of Contents! Also, thanks so much for following me on WordPress. Unfortunately, I don't post stories or anything there anymore. I only keep it so I can 'like' and comment on the blogs of others. Sweet of you to do that though. :)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Jan 28th - Trying to Make Friends
    gcsdqGm.png

Oh my god, I had this sitting to post and I completely forgot to post it xD
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Hey everyone. Too tired and exhausted to do any online stuff today, including comments. Will put up my January 28 comments tomorrow with my January 29 ones. Work really burned me out today for some reason. Then I had my normal family obligations to attend to.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited January 2022
    Jan 25 - Best Laid Plans

IM-DOING-THIS-TODAY-MTN-TREK.png
    Thursday flew by and suddenly it was Friday. The day of the mountain excursion. I can't tell you how excited I was! I was already at the gondola area well before 6am waiting for Kiyoshi to arrive. The truth was, I had taken a really early shuttle to get here, and went into the Onsen and double-checked my gear. I was ready and felt really confident about the climb.

waiting-for-kiyoshi.png

And so I waited...and waited...and waited some more. 6am came and went, and Kiyoshi still wasn't there. This wasn't like Kiyoshi...maybe the shuttle was late. I decided to give him a call, and before I even had a chance to punch in his number, my cell rang. It was Kiyoshi!

Dylan: "Hey, bro! Where are you?"

whos-calling-me.png

Kiyoshi: "Hey Dylan...I just got home from the hospital...was there all night actually..."

Dylan looked concerned, "The hospital? What happened? Is everything okay?"

Kiyoshi: "I kind of had an incident on the slope last night when I was snowboarding. I was fine really, just my wrist was a bit sore. Well, you know the Olympic Snowboard Trials are coming up, and, well, my mother freaked out and rushed me to emergency. I had X-rays and nothing is broken..."

Dylan: "Oh dude...that's good..."

Kiyoshi: "Yeah, the thing is...I kind of sprained my wrist and it will take about a week to heal. And my parents really don't think it's a good idea for me to go on this climb with a sprained wrist...."

getting-a-call-from-kiyoshi.png

Dylan knitted his brow in thought, "Oh..."

Kiyoshi: "Yeah, it should be fine soon, so, we can reschedule the climb in a few weeks. Sorry, dude, I know how you were looking forward to the climb today...and heck so was I...but I just can't go on this trek with my wrist like this..."

Dylan: "Yeah, I totally understand bro. No problem, we'll re-schedule. It's cool. You just get better. I'll come over later and see how you're doing..."

are-you-alright.png

Kiyoshi: "Cool...we can play some chess...my wrist may be sprained, but I bet I can still beat you in a game..."

Dylan: "Oh? Like last time? How many games did I win?"

Kiyoshi laughed into the phone and we said good-bye.

After the call, I just stood there, not moving, not knowing what to do. I figured it was all over for the mountain climb. I looked up at the mountain and thought of Kaori and how she had looked at me when I told her that when I came back from the climb that we would be able to go on the trek together. Yeah...how fast things changed. I picked up my pack and was about to head to the Onsen and take the shuttle back, and then I stared at that mountain again.

sad-dylan-no-trek-with-kiyoshi.png

Dylan thinking, "What would be so wrong in going on the mountain trek by myself? I can climb. Kado told me I was ready to go. I don't want to wait and have to re-schedule. Yeah...yeah...Kado told me not to go alone...too dangerous he said. Well, I won't take any chances and just be careful. I know I can do this."

the-mountaqin-awaits.png

Dylan thought for a moment, "Oh heck! I am just going to go. I'm ready. And I'll prove to Kaori's Grandfather that I can, indeed, do this climb. This is for you, Kaori."

yeah-im-going-to-go.png

I took the gondola to the top of the mountain and stood before the medium rock wall. I went through the checks that Kado had instructed me on, and double-checked my rock climbing gear. I smiled and looked at the wall, "This is it!"

LOOKING-UP.png

I was doing some stretches and chalking my hands and suddenly heard a voice behind me.

kaori-coming-to-mountain.png

"DYLAN! DYLAN! WAIT! DYLAN!"

IT-WAS-KAORI.png

I turned around. It was Kaori! What was she doing here? She trudged through the snow towards me and said breathlessly, "I....I...I'm going on the climb with you and Kiyoshi..."

I smiled at her, "What? You're allowed to go?"

Kaori shook her head, "Um...well...no...I...I had a huge fight with my Grandfather last night, and I...I decided then that I was going to go on the climb today...I got up early and left..."

JUST-HORRIBLE.png

I looked at Kaori in astonishment, "You just left? Oh my gosh, Kaori. Won't your Grandparents be worried when you're not there?"

Kaori shook her head, "Well, I left my Grandmother a note letting her know that I was going on the climb with you and Kiyoshi." Kaori looked around, "So where's Kiyoshi? Has he already climbed up?"

Dylan: "Oh Kaori...but your Grandfather...he'll think I planned this..."

listening-to-kaori.png

Kaori: "No, I wrote in the note that going on the climb was my idea...now let's get started. I want to get a group photo of the three of us, but I guess it'll have to be up top, unless Kiyoshi wants to climb down again..."

WE-HAD-A-BIG-FIGHT.png

Dylan: "Um...well...Kiyoshi's not here. He sprained his wrist snowboarding last night, and his parents didn't think it would be a good idea for him to go on the climb. I kind of agree."

Kaori looked at me not understanding, "What? So...if Kiyoshi's not here...were you...were you going to go on the mountain excursion alone, Dylan?"

I-DONT-CARE.png

Dylan: "Yeah, I was...because I didn't want to have to wait and plan another trek with Kiyoshi. Just more waiting. I figured I could just go and then prove to your Grandfather that I could do this...and then take you on the trek..."

Kaori: "Oh, Dylan! You were going to do that for me? But...but that's so dangerous..."

Dylan gave her a half-smile, "Well...I was going to be careful..."

Kaori wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug.

HUGGING-EACH-OTHER.png

We parted and Kaori said, "Well, maybe it's a good thing I showed up when I did. Now we can go on the trek together, Dylan. Just the two of us..."

Dylan: "This is so not how I wanted this to happen..."

Kaori stood firm, "Well, sometimes plans change. But I'm not going back. I'm going with you. We're going together!"

this-is-not-what-i-wanted.png

Dylan: "But what about your Grandfather?"

Kaori: "What about him? I don't care what he thinks anymore. I'm old enough to do what I want! And if you won't take me...I'll just...I'll just follow you...but I'm not going back!" she said starting to cry.

KAORI-CRYING.png

Dylan: "It's okay, Kaori, so no going back...well, I guess there's just one thing left to do..."

ITS-ALRIGHT-KAORI.png

Kaori: "And what's that?"

Dylan: "Snap that photo of the two of us before we start the trek..."

PHOTO-START-OF-TREK.png

Kaori gave me a huge grin and took out her phone and snapped a photo of us.

Dylan: "And there's one more thing...."

Kaori: "Oh? What's that? Check my equipment?"

KISS-TENDERLU.png

I held Kaori close to me, "No, this..." I said and kissed her tenderly, "I'm glad you're here Kaori...I'm glad you came..."

We smiled at each other and then started to climb the first wall. I was sure glad that I hadn't taken that shuttle home.

THE-FIRST-WALL.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ At the Nishidake House ~

Sachiko knocked on Kaori's door.

kaori-are-you-there.png

Sachiko: "Kaori, breakfast is ready..."

Sachiko didn't hear any sound, and knocked on the door again, "Kaori...are you awake...?" she asked as she opened the door slightly. Kaori wasn't there. Where was she? And then she saw a note addressed to her sitting on the dresser.

Sachiko entered the room, opened the note and read it quickly, "Shigeru...Shigeru! She's gone! Shigeru, come in here!"

the-letter.png

Shigeru rushed into Kaori's room, "What did you say? Calm down!"

Sachiko: "Kaori has left to go on the climb with Kiyoshi and Dylan! Here! Read this!" she said shoving the paper towards Shigeru, "If you hadn't been so stubborn, we could have ensured that she was better prepared. We could have sat down with them and gone over everything. Do you realize that she doesn't even have climbing gear!"

she-doesnt-have-rock-climb-equip.png

Just then Sachiko's cell rang. It was her friend, Megumi Ito, (Kiyoshi's mother.)

taking-to-megumi.png

Sachiko: "Sul Sul, Megumi....of course...something to reduce swelling? Yes, I know of an herbal remedy... did you injure yourself? Oh...just a sprain. Yes...of course...stew the root of some ginseng in green tea and add a pinch of turmeric and black pepper...that should work...Oh? I hadn't heard the weather report...really...later today...yes, yes, I will be over later..."

yes-i-have-a-reedy.png

Shigeru: "Did something happen to Megumi?"

Sachiko looked at Shigeru: "No, it's actually Kiyoshi. He sprained his wrist last night snowboarding. And he's home resting now. He was supposed to go on the mountain excursion with Dylan, but Megumi felt that it was not safe for Kiyoshi to go with a sprained wrist..."

Shigeru: "So that means..."

Sachiko: "That means that Dylan and Kaori have gone on the mountain excursion together."

we-must-gio-to-the-mountain.png

Shigeru: "We must go to the mountain and stop them..."

Sachiko: "It's too late...they're gone...they left for the climb at 6am..."

that-boy-that-bad-boy.png

Shigeru was livid: "That BOY! That BAD BOY! He planned this! He coerced Kaori to come with him. And now...and now...our granddaughter is alone with him on that mountain..."

Sachiko just shook her head, "Shigeru, please!"

because-you-are-stubborn.png

Shigeru: "What are we going to do?"

hope-they-can-both-rock-climb.png

Sachiko: "I'm not sure. But, let's hope that Kaori and Dylan are good climbers, like Kado said they were...because Megumi told me that there is a severe thundersnowstorm brewing in the mountains..."

Shigeru looked at Sachiko in shock, "Our granddaughter...! She's in danger!"

kaori-is-in-danger.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

As we all know, you can't do a Solo Mountain Excursion in The Sims. But, for story purposes, it sounded good that Dylan would have attempted it alone.

Most snowboarding injuries are indeed wrist injuries. And, of course, someone with a wrist injury really shouldn't go on a rock climbing excursion. Plus, Megumi would never let anything jeopardize Kiyoshi's chances in those Olympic Snowboarding Trials. So the mountain trek was out, and Kiyoshi needed to rest that wrist.

The herbal concoction is something I made up, based on herbs that can reduce swelling. Here's the article, if you're interested.

9 Herbs and Spices That Fight Inflammation
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @Karababy52
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Gorgeous daily post pic! Love that Aaron is continuing to rock climb after reaching the summit! He and Hunter very well could climb it again one day. Essa and Josh did. :) Love the image of him fist pumping after reaching the top of the wall. Oh man, poor Hunter, always angry about his Uncle. Great idea for the reason they go to Windenburg is to get away from Hunter's uncle! Smart! Aww how sweet Hunter just gets right in bed. Love how Aaron is looking at him sleeping there. (hubba hubba Hunter by the way...) Such a sweet pose! I should get a pose player and some poses. Big Mods like that and MCCC intimidate me though. Oh well, I get along without them and I do have one certain Mod that has sweet poses anyway. :)

Love all the snowboarding pics too! Should've waited and had Cale and Aaron go during the day. Ah well... o.O Wow, yeah, what's up with that foam? Didn't look like that in my game. Wowzers! Look at you Aaron all buffed up! And Robin too! Fantastic all the challenge Sims that showed up everywhere. That one of Aaron and Morgan looking at each other across the road looks sinister. And why DOES he look like Morgan Fyres? o.O Can't wait to find out that mystery. :)

hehe Thanks! I love that shocked look on his face too, almost as if he knows Nik is behind him. Yeah, poor guy. He hates conformity anyway, then got embarrassed by something supposedly with the mood swing and was in the red for energy. Not a good ending for his day. He had fun earlier though. ;) Yep, Cale pulls in around 4-6K every day from his garden. Those orchids are so profitable it's crazy! All the plants are either Excellent or Magnificent now too, a couple close to Perfect. He doesn't have to do much other than tend to them once a day and do a Super Sell.

hehe I laughed so hard when they both fell one right after the other! Hilarious! No worries about the gloves. I should've noticed when I was fixing him up in CAS. Was surprised to find that the only outfit that had the contacts for his eyes too was the first one in every day. All the others didn't, but they do now! ;) But yes, luckily Sims don't give a hoot about gloves. hehe Yeah, I had fun writing that convo. I hope everyone still likes the guy after what he said. hehe
    I actually ended up thinking of another reason (but now thinking about it more I have no idea if it even remotely makes sense :joy: ) that will make the need/want to move to Windenburg much stronger, but it'll be a combination of both reasons that'll finally make them say 'yes let's make this massive move across worlds' (Hunter and Yoshi are allowed to join Aaron's household, right?). Right now it's to get away from Morgan lol. Don't want to spoil too much of the future story... but Morgan might have his own reasons for following Hunter so much that make perfect sense to him, but not to anyone else ;) I just need to see if I can weave that properly into the narrative. Aaron's a bit clueless lol.

Ah, that cuddling actually isn't a pose involving the pose player - you just stick it in your mods folder and sims sleeping together will cuddle automatically if they're in a romantic relationship - no setting up with pose player (and teleporter) needed :)
    Note: I do currently have pose player in my mods folder, but I am pretty sure the mod doesn't require it to work :smiley:

I have no idea what's up with that foam, I've seen it look like that in someone else's game and it still looked like that the second time Aaron encountered one of those bugs...
    I have never been so annoyed with a sim as I was with Morgan in that moment :D Aaron wasn't even there with Hunter, he went by himself, and Morgan still showed up! Also he finally did show up at the onsen when Aaron went there recently... as the custodian!

Which version of Aaron did you download? The fully CC version has contacts for all of his outfits (I just went in and checked, so it should) but with the CC free version you have to add them to each outfit individually and it is such a pain
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    I will catch up today hopefully. I have to go home and go to bed before I think about playing the sims. Went to work took a two hour nap and then went back to work.. I’m exhausted but that was my choice lol
    edited April 2023
    January 29
    *This update involves everyone's sims apart from Sean, Savannah, and Velma, because I hadn't added them when I played this :sweat_smile: Velma and Savannah are now in the save, and Sean is not available yet
    jX3UZxhv_o.jpg
    It was a Saturday - the first Saturday of summer, in fact, and for Aaron that meant a celebration. He headed down to the river in Wakaba, remembering all those weeks ago when he had hated swimming there because he had still hated fitness and wasn't proud of his body, his dissatisfaction with his physique tainting what should have been a great experience. And now, here he was again, proudly displaying who he was, scars on full display, fine musculature that he had never thought possible before effortlessly sluicing through the refreshing water. He felt happier than he had ever been, and he regretted not inviting Hunter along - his presence just would have made it a million times better. As he pulled himself out of the river and ran his fingers through his wet hair, he had a brilliant idea - have a bonfire, and invite over the friends he had made while living here, plus Hunter.

Well, it had seemed like a brilliant idea at the time. He set out a bucket to be filled with water balloons - he had thought of having a water balloon fight with just Hunter, but that was before he decided it should be a whole party. Aaron set out some logs for a bonfire and brought out the cooler from his mountain excursion. The Watcher gifted him with a picnic table. It was all perfectly arranged. Or so he thought.
    Afternoon came and he sent out the invites: Lucy was the first to arrive, followed by DJ and Selena. Aaron lit the fire and started grilling a hot dog while Lucy brought out a packet of marshmallows. Soon, Kenzie and Adam came over, and they all sat around the fire, chatting and catching up with each other. Aldo arrived next, and sat on the cooler to do his homework while listening to the backyard beats from the radio that Aaron had put out. Dylan came with Bryon, and Robin was shortly after. Hunter flew in as a bat (of course) and greeted Aaron with a kiss.

There was just one sim left - Cale. It wasn't his fault, but the fire spread to the grass when he arrived - right next to the cooler that Aldo was perched on. Aaron was left to put the fire out and apologised profusely - he hadn't realised the grass was so dry. Everyone tried to laugh it off as they all breathed a collective sigh of relief (apart from Cale, who seemed traumatised. Aaron resolved to find out why), and to take everyone's minds of it Aaron suggested a giant water balloon fight. Out of the ones who didn't participate, Bryon and Aldo decided to talk near the front door, and Selena and Kenzie stayed by the fire and continued roasting marshmallows and weenie dogs, despite the danger that had just been demonstrated. But surely a fire wouldn't happen again, right?

Aaron took up a sheltered position in the trees next to Dylan, who promptly pelted Robin in the face with a well aimed balloon. She fell to the ground, yelling and wiping the water out of her eyes. DJ, who was right next to her, counted himself lucky that the projectile hadn't hit him and gave Dylan a thumbs up and a laugh. Aaron came out of the trees to stand next to Robin and Lucy, and chucked a balloon at Hunter who had taken his place. Dylan had already moved to a more strategic position.
    "I'll get you for that, babe!" Hunter yelled, and while Aaron felt slightly giddy that Hunter had called him 'babe', he dodged just at the last second when Hunter's newly thrown balloon soared through the air. It smacked Lucy in the shoulder and Hunter immediately looked apologetic. "Sorry Lucy!" he yelled across the yard.
    "Oh dang, are you okay?" Aaron asked her.
    "I'm fine, this is the most fun I've had in ages," she said, her eyes bright. Aaron grinned back at her. "Apart from the fire, of course..."
    "Oh yeah, I am truly sorry about that," Aaron said, wincing and feeling guilty.
    "You did put it out pretty fast though," she commented, glancing over at Hunter who had rearmed himself and was coming out of the trees. "Oh, I think he's aiming that at you." She winked, and before Aaron realised what was happening she had dashed over next to Hunter and Robin. Hunter threw the balloon and this time it met its target. Aaron protected his face with his bicep and let out a laugh of pure joy - here he was, having way too much fun with his friends, his boyfriend, on a great summer evening. And best of all, Hunter's uncle wasn't in sight!

Having successfully smacked his boyfriend with a balloon, Hunter turned his attention to Dylan - and got him good. He laughed as Dylan whirled around with the force of his shot. Robin grabbed a balloon and aimed at Aaron, but missed. They continued throwing the balloons at each other, laughing and peeled away from the group one at a time as each got tired.

Aaron crouched in front of the fire, roasting another weenie dog as Kenzie and Aldo roasted marshmallows. He decided to take some photos with his guests to help remember the party.

When they had all left, it was just Aaron and Hunter. Cale was the last to leave (apart from Hunter) and had taken Aaron aside after their selfie, and had explained to him that his mother had passed in a fire. ("Oh crap, I'm so sorry Cale, I didn't know-" "No, there was no way you could have known. But thank you for putting it out so quickly." He was breathing very fast, almost hyperventilating, then covered his face and walked back to the house he shared with the other boys. There was something he left unsaid: 'and for not letting anyone die.') Aaron had almost cried when he got back inside the house - he felt terrible for his poor decision making in having a bonfire, and felt even worse that he hadn't kept it under control.
    He hated the thought of Cale possibly hating him for what he had done, and he would be fully justified in doing so. As he got out a pot to plonk on the stove to make some food for the coming week, he sighed and asked Hunter, "Did I do the right thing?"
    "The right thing in what, Aaron?" Hunter asked. He was standing at the other counter, chopping vegetables to help Aaron cook.
    "In having a bonfire... His mother died, Hunter!"
    Hunter didn't reply. Aaron couldn't see him, but he heard the clang of the knife on the chopping board. An instant later, Hunter's strong arms were wrapped around him. "You didn't know," he whispered.
    "But what if he's at his house, having a panic attack because of my own stupidity-" Aaron shuddered and dropped the spoon he was stirring with into the pot. He swore, then threw his head back, narrowly avoiding bonking Hunter's nose. "What if he's throwing things, yelling obscenities, reliving the awful day his mother died?! I've had panic attacks before, they are awful!"
    "Hush," Hunter murmured. "Breathe."
    "How can I breathe if you're holding me so tight?" Hunter sighed a little at that, but loosened his arms, and Aaron coughed a little. He turned, pressing his face into Hunter's chest momentarily.
    "How can you breathe if you're pressing your face into my chest so hard," Hunter murmured.
    "That's what she said," Aaron mumbled. Hunter couldn't help the snort he let out, then he stepped back. "Wow, Aaron-"
    "That was a good one, wasn't it," Aaron said, a smile playing on his lips. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the pot. "Let's make this stew," he said, but his voice caught on the last word. "I don't think I can ever say sorry enough to him," he said in a small voice. "I don't expect him to ever forgive me."

~~~
    jX0jyHl.png
    2RDS5QS.png
    kA0oBnB.png

97eSenv.png
    uEWKJTI.png
    DouaAXW.png

DwYhpzH.png
    zCXBLhs.png
    tqeWsrc.png
    FiiLwSK.png

Note to self: give Cale actual clothing ;)
    AFIbSdN.png

Y35tJef.png
    yVzSVWz.png
    FiPZ2Cm.png
    ca4dRw3.png
    VYCdEgA.png
    Cale was actually the only one who didn't run away screaming in terror or sighing in relief...

Most of the sims were participating in the water balloon fight, but the only ones I got good screenshots of were mentioned in the story part
    s8iADTt.png
    NakaaRb.png
    (Also I don't actually know who threw this balloon at Robin, I'm just saying it's Dylan lol)
    CDw5Xhr.png
    Nu6BDmR.png
    5mCeWO5.png
    Xu7GmCL.png
    MdTNmBV.png
    W9k61p7.png
    WFAJrNP.png

1yluL4I.png
    iva9vqh.png
    klrtKMW.png
    iIKpvpl.png
    jgUd1D2.png

PhwqABP.png
    YaquX6K.png
    CdCHcR7.png
    ppvsuSX.png

So... I was writing up the chapter, thought having a fire (because is it a successful weenie roast if there's not a fire?) would be funny, but then I remembered that Cale's mother passed away in a fire according to his backstory, and I wasn't sure if he'd still have trauma or be panicked around fires because of that now. I went with yes. If that was wrong, let me know @Karababy52 !
    Anyways then Aaron just got a little bit angstier... Like the fire was small, but it would have gotten much bigger if I hadn't made Aaron act so quickly. And even though in game, Cale didn't care, I feel like story wise he definitely would, you know? Aha now I'm overthinking this! But if that was the wrong approach to take with story Cale, then I can have him easily forgive Aaron :)

I gave Cale a black t-shirt and denims for his new hot weather wear (lol mood shift much)
    K0opgQD.png
    Post edited by afai1261 on
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Hi there, love your stories! Just popping in with a little one-picture Bryon-update^^
    Adult - Granite Falls
    July, Day 17
    01-15-22-2-10-52-pm_orig.png
    Next to Gardening, I developed a sudden interest in Herbalism thanks to Sheena. To be more specific: herbal remedies.

Bryon finished the second milestone from the Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration, made LOTS of herbal remedies (house is full of it lmao) and is just still enjoying his time in Granite Falls.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 29th: A day on the slopes

2XXp3jj.png
    Today I wanted to hone my skiing skill and enjoy the mountain air. I'm beginning to feel restless and I know I'll probably move on soon. I invited Kaori to accompany me as I want to spend as much time with her as possible before I leave. We started with a nice hike around the mountain trails and chatted about this and that. I began to tell her a few times of my decision, but stopped each time knowing it would make her sad, and I didn't want to ruin this time together.
    suAnSaU.png
    ZYCZ9z8.png
    Next we hit the slopes and I only wiped out a handful of times!
    fvmfxNY.png
    z8ewUFW.png
    Kaori was playing it safe for some reason and didn't seem to have her heart in the game.
    ZitavXA.png
    We skied until dusk and I finally leveled up (level 8) and was feeling pretty excited.
    35J666w.png
    Kaori left for home and I stopped and tried to buy another simmi but the machine was being annoying and it took a good shaking both times to get my prizes.
    NLXAv9f.png
    I headed down the mountain and did a little more hiking around the bamboo forest. I ran into some more fireflies and mountain spirits but only received one simolean from them, better than nothing I guess.
    rE94itx.png
    Z7NYiry.png
    Right as I was about to head home, some bugs dropped on my head, but I shook them off without a problem; I'm getting pretty good at this!
    fUQfhXc.png
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @afai1261 I love the girl you put in your game for Robin <3<3 And she's a mermaid!

And sorry to everyone else that I haven't gotten around to comments, been so busy. Gonna get my daily post up in a bit and maybe will have time to start comments after!
    edited January 2022
    January 29

2ruUnAS.jpg
    Robin, where do you think you're going? It's violently storming out.
    sFxo4VA.jpg

Yep, that was bound to happen...
    p2uSOnc.jpg
    VpBfVqs.jpg

Off to school, she probably should have showered, but I was kind of just seeing where full autonomy led her haha.
    pfqwpMy.jpg

It was not a good day. Also a note to how I'm handling school for Robin - she does go most days, but I used MCCC to give her a lot of extra vacation days, so she takes vacation days fairly often too.
    1jMZjMn.jpg

Some night time skiing lifted her spirits though.
    e93Jl3w.jpg
    dPfN7J2.jpg

The next day, she ran into Cale again. He told her he was moving soon. He had found a really great place in Windenburg and was excited to see more of the world. It reminded Robin that she had left home to see more of the world too, and perhaps there were more exciting things to see, no matter how fond of Mt. Komorebi she had become.
    dwRpmNb.jpg

--
    So that's my very lame segue to start getting the pieces into place for next month haha....
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited January 2022
    Jan 26 - Mountain Excursion - Part 1

it-only-gets-better.png
    We made it to the top of the first wall with no problems and Kaori kissed me. A real kiss this time. Dang! With the way she kissed me, it was difficult to keep my mind on the trek. I could just kiss her like this all day...but then we wouldn't be going on the mountain excursion. I pulled away reluctantly.

Dylan: "The first marker," I pointed excitedly, "From here, we head to the Mt. Komorebi Base Camp. Are you ready, Kaori?"

Kaori nodded and smiled at me. I took her hand in mine and we headed up the trail together.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    start-of-trek-freezing.png

1st-rewardfter-med-wal-climb.png

As we came closer to Base Camp, the weather was sunny, but it was cold. Both Kaori and I were in high spirits. I consulted the trail map, and pointed to an area uphill.

dylan-said-they-would-have-to-head-uphill-now-to-base-camp.png

Dylan: "That trail leads to Base Camp. There should be shelter there. But if not, I've brought my tent. We will rest there for an hour before we attempt the next wall."

Kaori: "I stopped at the vending machines on my way to meet you and I bought some hot onion soup. I have 3 cans, and I also bought some bolt energy bars. I'd be happy to share."

dylan-keeping-his-energy-up.png

Dylan: "I brought some food, too, but nothing hot. That soup sounds rather nice." Kaori dug into her backpack and handed me a can.

Dylan: "Mmmm..that has warmed me up. You need to eat something, too. We have a tall wall to climb."

ALL-WARMED-UP.png

Kaori: "Oh, don't worry. I'll eat something at Base Camp."

snow-flying-a-bit.png

coming-to-base-camp.png

We started walking towards Base Camp. It was tough going, and the snow was deep.

BASE-CAMP-MOODLET.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When we arrived, thankfully there was a tent already set up. I looked around and told Kaori that "nature was calling", and I headed towards a nearby pee bush. While I was busy, Kaori had something to eat.

heading-into-the-tent.png

Kaori also used the pee bush, and then we headed into the tent. This was the first time we were in a tent together, and being so close to Kaori was having an effect on me. Um...yeah...I put aside those thoughts and closed my eyes and napped.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    base-camp-weather-changed-after-rest.png

After the rest, we both used the pee bush again, and I noticed the weather had changed. I saw some snow falling, and the temperature had dropped. It was freezing. Brr...so cold. I had checked the weather conditions before we left, and it appeared to be "fair" conditions. But mountain weather was hard to predict, and I really hoped that the weather would hold.

DYLAN-USES-THE-FACILITIES-AND-KAORI-EATS-SOMETHING.png

We had changed into our climbing suits and donned our snow goggles. Even though the weather was still nice, it was best to change now, while we could.

BASECAMP-CHANGE-OF-CLOTHES.png

We both ate an apple that I had brought, and then we headed across a suspension bridge to the rock wall.

HEADING-TOWARDS-THE-NEXT-ROCK-WALL.png

As I walked across the bridge, I thought of the bridge I had crossed when I first arrived in Mt. Komorebi. This bridge was like another step for me. I turned to Kaori and held her in my arms and kissed her. It just seemed like the right thing to do. And, although that onion soup had warmed me up earlier, Kaori's kiss was like a fire warming my heart. It felt good.

AQ-LITTLE-KISS-BEFORE-THE-NEXT-CLIMB.png

We came to the bottom of the next wall, and it was taller than any I had ever climbed.

Dylan: "Kaori, I think it's best if we put on our climbing equipment before we make this climb. I'll help you with yours first."

WE-NEED-TO-GET-OUR-ROCK-CLIMBING-GEAR-ON.png

Kaori looked awkwardly at me, "Dylan...I...oh please don't be mad...I don't have any..."

I-DONT-HAVE-ANY-EQUIP-DYLAN.png

I looked at her in surprise"What?"

Kaori: "I never had a chance to buy any. I'm sorry..."

PH-MY-GOSH-SHES-UP-HERE-WITH-NO-EQUIP.png

Dylan: "Why didn't you tell me sooner, Kaori? Kado told me that this wall is nothing compared to the next one we have to climb..."

Kaori: "Oh Dylan. I didn't tell you because I thought you would say we have to go back. I can make it. I'm sure. Please...I don't want to go back. We've come this far..." She looked at me pleadingly.

I thought for a moment. As the lead on the excursion, it was my responsibility to keep myself and the members of my team safe. Without that climbing equipment, Kaori might not make it on the next wall...the most dangerous of them all...the Croft Icefall. I had to make a decision on whether to continue or head back. I looked around wondering what I should do. The weather was not in our favor. It was now snowing, and visibility was diminishing.

I should have asked Kaori before we started the trek if she had rock climbing gear. It was my own fault. I just wasn't thinking because I was just so happy to see her. We should really head back. No one can climb the Croft Icefall without rock climbing gear. I stood thinking for a moment, and knew that if we went back now, that Kaori's Grandfather would never let us go together again. We had to forge on.

KAORI-WE-SHOULD-GET-OUT-ROCK-CLIMBING-GEAR-ON-NOW.png

I took her hands in mine.

Dylan: "Alright, I have an idea. I brought some rope and I have some crampons. Tie the crampons to your boots and that should help you climb. At the next wall, I am going to tie you to me with the rope, and belay you up. You are a good rock climber, Kaori. I want you to do some extra stretches and chalk your hands before we attempt this wall. Alright?"

Kaori: "Yes, I can do that..."

Dylan: "And, Kaori...I know you can do this! We'll start the climb together...just take your time..."

I didn't want Kaori to know how stressed I was, so I joked and showed off my muscles and told her that I was strong enough for the two of us.

AND-WHEN-THE-GOING-GETS-TOUGH-TEENS-TAKE-A-SELFIE.png

And when the going gets tough, the tough take a selfie. (autonomous action)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kaori and I did our pre-climb stretches and then chalked our hands. We were ready. And we began the ascent...

KAORI-FALLS.png

...and then Kaori falls.

Kaori: "I'm okay. Just an icy ledge, I will plan another route..."

Dylan: "Just take it slow, Kaori. No rush."

THE-SECOND-WALL-CLIMB.png

Kaori started again, and I was almost to the top.

DYLAN-MAKES-IT-TO-THE-TOP-OF-2-ND-WALL.png

HE-MADFE-IT-UP.png

I made it up, and I was happy and should have been rejoicing, but Kaori was still on that wall.

KAORI-JUST-TAKE-IT-SLOW.png

Dylan: "Kaori, are you doing alright?" I couldn't see her over the ledge.

IM-ALMOST-THERE-DYLAN.png

Kaori: "I'm almost there, Dylan...I just...I just...need a moment..."

I-DID-IT-DYLAN.png

And then I saw a gloved hand grip the top of the rock wall. She was here!

KAORI-IF-ANYTHING-HAPPENED-TO-YOU-I-WOULD-NEVER-FORGIVE-MYSELF.png

Kaori had done the climb successfully and walked towards me. I immediately held her in my arms and kissed her.

Dylan: "Kaori, if anything had happened to you, I would never have forgiven myself. If we have to, we'll rest before we start the Croft Icefall."

STAY-CLOSE-WE-WILL-REST-BEFORE-THE-NEXT-CLIMB.png

I pointed out the next marker to Kaori, "Do you need to rest a bit? The next marker is just over there..."

Kaori: "No, I'm fine. Just have to watch those icy ledges next time. But I'm not worried, because I have the best excursion leader on the mountain."

Dylan: "Kaori, I think we're the only ones on the mountain right now..."

Kaori: "See! I told you! You're the best!"

HEAVY-SNOW-TO-NEXT-MARKER.png

THE-STORM-IS-COMING.png

DYLAN-HAD-A-BAD-FEELING-OF-WHAT-WAS-COMING-NEXT.png

As we trudged towards the next marker, I had a bad feeling about what was coming. The weather was getting worse. There was a storm coming, and we were right in the middle of it. Heading to the most dangerous rock wall of them all...with a climber who didn't have any rock climbing equipment.

I said a silent prayer to the forest spirits around us, "Oh please...don't let anything happen to Kaori": And then as an afterthought, I added, "...or me..."

(to be continued...)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Yes, Kaori does have rock climbing equipment, but for story purposes, she does not. But she did really fall on the tall rock wall, and it made me a little nervous for her.

"A crampon is a traction device that is attached to footwear to improve mobility on snow and ice during ice climbing. Besides ice climbing, crampons are also used for secure travel on snow and ice, such as crossing glaciers, snowfields and icefields, ascending snow slopes, and scaling ice-covered rock." Wikipedia
    photo-of-crampon.png

"Belaying is a process used in climbing that typically uses a rope system to protect a climber in the event of a fall. The process of belaying involves equipment unique to its function and varies based on which belay technique is being used." Wikipedia
    roped-together-belaying.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 29: "You can be a Hero to someone just by being their friend..."

z60FhtT.png

Notes
    VqyOQlj.png
    The next morning Cale went for a walk on the trails on the other side of his neighborhood. On the way back he stopped to grab a bite to eat at the vendor stall across the bridge from his house. Alessandra was working so the two of them had a friendly chat while he ate the delicious Tri-Colored Dango she'd made fresh just that morning. It had been a few hours now since he'd left home.

Bidding the lovely girl goodbye, Cale went home to tend to his garden. As he crossed the bridge, he thought he smelled smoke. Perhaps someone was having a BBQ on this beautiful Summer day.

Walking inside, he saw the source of the smoky air through the glass panes of his greenhouse door. Someone had started a bon fire in his backyard. His stomach dropped when he got a glimpse of his garden and realized what had been used to fuel the fire.

NRcCcyI.png
    All the plants and trees Cale had grown with love and care had been totally destroyed, again. He knew who had done it, without a sliver of doubt. Lance Lamont, his despicable Step-Dad had been there. Somehow he'd found him.

S0JXPli.png
    "You rotten *beep*ing son of a *BEEP*!"

JwCcZsD.png
    Cale was seething. Of course he'd do this, it was like his calling card. He wanted him to know he was there, ready to destroy anything that he loved. The coward couldn't even face him, he'd snuck in here when Cale was out of the house. He must've been watching him all along. How long had he been here? Was he still here? How did he find him?
    "AHHHH!" Cale growled in anger and frustration.
    (I'll Kill him if he shows his face around here again!)
    "COWARD!"

QgULXXo.png
    Cale walked over to check out his fruit trees. Just as he suspected, they'd been cut down and burned along with all his other precious plants. Nothing left but a few twigs and one lonely pear.
    (Great, that's just great!)

4Giisw3.png
    Cale whirled around when he heard a sound behind him and came face to face with the man he had once idolized, but now despised.
    "I'M A COWARD? YOU'RE the coward. You ran away like a little scared girl, crying for her Mommy. You're pathetic! Nothing but a Nancy boy!"

HIjgTmd.png
    "Don't touch me!" Cale hissed between his teeth. "You don't scare me anymore."

3Lw95Fr.png
    "You want to fight, beat me up again? Give me another scar! Come on, I DARE YOU!" Cale spit out angerly, giving Lance a shove.

mCSMfO7.png
    "What's the matter? Are you afraid? You should be. I'm not a little boy you can shove around anymore. Just try me! I'll make sure you never beat anyone else again. I'm going to enjoy this. This is for my Mother, the woman who did nothing to deserve what you did to her. All she did is love you. Only Watcher knows why, because you sure didn't love her. You don't know what love is. I blame you for the fire, she's dead because of you, you *BEEP* You could've saved her, but no, YOU ran away and left her to die!"

Y6wirlX.png
    "You're wrong! Surprise! She didn't die in that fire."

ipGLV6U.png
    "What!? Why should I believe anything you say. I heard her screaming for help. Then she just stopped. She's dead. You're lying you lousy piece of *beep*!"

2LTOP4Y.png
    "Oh, but it's true Nancy, she didn't die from the fire. I killed her for being a worthless, mewling wife and left her there to burn. Just like I'm going to kill YOU!"

IAElSDi.png
    Cale couldn't take it anymore and attacked Lance, beating him with all his might on his back, shoulders, head, anywhere he could land a blow.
    "MURDERER!" He screamed.

G8ON2fR.png
    Cale fought hard, fueled by anger and rage at what Lance had done, for all the years he'd tortured both of them, for teaching him to be hot headed and mean. For destroying all that he loved. He was actually hurting Lance at first. But only because he'd taken him by surprise. Lance hadn't counted on Cale jumping him or remembering all that he'd learned and been taught by this man he had once called Dad. However, Lance was much bigger, much meaner and much more experienced than Cale.

ewa6TQr.png
    With a screaming growl of rage, Lance slammed Cale to the ground so hard he knocked him out cold.

gIvbO4m.png
    "Still can't beat me you little wimp. You were such a disappointment, so freakin' weak! WEAK! You never could beat me and you'll never get another chance!"

Lance kicked Cale in the head for good measure, then stepped over him and left the house.

2Q2gmLy.png
    He wasn't leaving though. Lance had something much more sinister and monstrous in mind for Cale.

AeHIgrl.png
    (Burn in Hades Nancy boy! Say Hi to your Mother for me.)
    Lance ran away chuckling to himself at his clever way to kill Cale.
    (Like Mother like daughter!)
    "AHAHAHA!"

ANmsa9j.png
    It didn't take long for the fire to spread quickly through the house as Cale lay unconscious on the greenhouse floor.

WSmdu8p.png
    Before he had lit the fire, Lance used his massive bull strength to drag over the fridge and a couple counters to bar the greenhouse door so Cale couldn't get out that way. Not that it probably mattered since he would most likely die from smoke inhalation before he even woke up. Still, Lance figured it was better safe than sorry.

1AV5Sg6.png
    Someone else had smelled smoke too and stepped out of her stall to look around. Alessandra gasped when she saw the flames coming from Cale's house. He had told her he was going home when he left after their chat. Was he still inside? She didn't see him anywhere outside.

Mv39ADA.png
    Alessandra called the fire department and then transportalated herself to the front yard of Cale's house. She had to be sure he wasn't in there.

G7FaTj8.png
    Looking through the windows in the front door, she saw Cale's greenhouse door had been blocked. Obviously someone had done that on purpose, trying to trap Cale inside. But why? Who would want to kill Cale? Cale wouldn't hurt anyone. He was so sweet, funny, smart and so good looking. Just a really great guy. Too bad he was just a kid.
    (Stop standing here doing nothing and go in there! See if Cale's in the greenhouse!)

Alessandra tried to get inside, but the front door was stuck, it wouldn't budge no matter how hard she tried.
    (What am I doing? I'm a Spellcaster!)

bh0GecJ.png
    Alessandra transportalated again, intending to land in the greenhouse. But she missed her mark and landed right in the middle of the kitchen instead. She heard Cale moaning and called his name.
    "CALE! CALE! CAN YOU HEAR ME? *cough* ARE YOU ALRIGHT? CAN YOU GET OUT OF THERE?"
    *cough cough*
    All she heard was more moans, coughing and terrible choking sounds. He was dying! Afraid time was running out. Alessandra made a decision. She would cast a spell to transportalate Cale from the house and save him that way!
    (YES! I can do that!)
    (Are you sure? You've never tried to do that before. That's a spell for someone with more power.)
    (I have to try! He'll die if I don't.)
    (Where should I send him? Hmm...)
    (Just do it, NOW!)
    (I got it! He'll be safe there.)

IY3v9nE.png
    "Transportalatous Reallamio!"
    "HUZZA!"

TGxycq1.png
    Before the spell was completely cast, a spark flew from one of the counters and caught Alessandra's apron on fire!

MPbJvxC.png
    "OH NO! Out! Out! Go OUT!" Alessandra yelled smacking at the fire with her hand. She had but a moment's relief when it finally did go out, realizing her pants were now on fire from a fireball exploding from something inside one of the counters.

U6R7g1g.png
    "AHHHH! OH GAWD! *cough* I'M ON FIRE! *cough cough* MY HAND! OH NO! MY MAGIC HAND! *cough* CALE! CALE! *cough cough cough* ARE YOU THERE?"
    Alessandra listened but didn't hear anything. Hopefully that meant she had at least saved him if she couldn't save herself.

t1UN8HP.png
    "HELP ME! *cough cough* HELP! HELP! *cough* I'M *cough* ON *cough* FIRE! SIMEON! MORGYN! *cough* SOMEBODY SAVE ME! CAN YOU HEAR ME!?" *cough cough*

cYvQZR4.png
    "L. FAAAAAABAAAAAA! *cough cough cough* SAVE ME! HEAR ME! PLEASE HEAR ME! SOMEONE ANYONE!! AHHHHH!" *cough COUGH*

TGu0oI1.png
    (I hear you Honey, hold on.)
    Alessandra heard the sweetest voice in all the world in her mind just before she felt the unmistakable tingling sensation that meant she would soon be transportalated out of the burning house to safety. Twinkling sparkles surrounded her and then she disappeared with a puff of magic dust.

CTT7aoT.png
    A crowd began to gather outside as the sound of sirens and blasting airhorns could be heard from a battalion of firetrucks racing toward Cale's house. Had Alessandra's spell worked? Or was Cale still lying unconscious in danger of burning alive? Would the firefighters be able to reach him in time if he was still in there?

Only the Watcher knows...

Comments/replies coming up next! Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night!
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    January 28th Comments:

@afai1261
    Getting away from one Morgan by visiting another Morgan...lol! I like the transition for next month.

Ugh! Those nasty bugs. Aaron is really into that soccer ball. I suppose it's a good distraction when Hunter's not around.

@permanentrose
    Aww, too bad Pepper wasn't there to greet Mayor Whiskers. Icky icky bugs!

@RememberJoy
    Are those the two that keep stalking Adam? The ones at the ice cream place? The look on his face is priceless!

@Shadami
    Oooo, I hope D.J. was noticing Velma's dreamy look at him. :blush:
    "But Velma’s first crush Hugo seems to have a crush on DJ as well." I about wet myself with that. :joy:

@Karababy52
    Nice photo shots of Cale and Aaron team snowboarding. I laughed so hard I snorted at those boots worn in the shower and hot springs!
    Trust me, I know about getting attached to Sims. Even my sim selfie I created. When he passed away of old age in my BuildNewcrest Legacy, I was heartbroken. It was even more sad as his wife passed away first that same day and he was just miserable. He showed it autonomously. It's like he couldn't take it anymore. His facial expressions and uncontrolled actions were so depressing. I was kind of happy he passed away. I had to create a video for him, just to have a remembrance.

Shameless plug :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvtz12IdTSU

@SoulGal7
    So proud of Kaori. And for Dylan supporting her!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    I was cracking up when I noticed.
    January 29th Comments:

@afai1261
    D.J.'s expression when he arrived cracks me up. Doesn't look too thrilled. Loved the water balloon fight images. Looked like they had a fun time in the end.

@Shadami
    Cale hitting on Aaron so Kenzie hits on him, too. :joy:

@RememberJoy
    Adam's face looking at the fireflies....lol! He's been mesmerized.

@permanentrose
    Poor Robin getting struck by lightning. Is it in poor taste I laughed? :lol:

@SoulGal7
    OMG...love the climbing outfit you did for Dylan and Kaori. Really happy for these two right now.

@Karababy52
    Wow! You know how to tell a good story. This part was amazing. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan27.jpg
    January 27: Festival of Light Revisited!
    After school, D.J. was still sad and a bit depressed on the letter he found yesterday in his mailbox. He called up Enele and asked if he could come over, for which Enele happily invited him over. He could tell in D.J.'s voice something was wrong as well.

D.J. sat down with Enele and Nawai and showed them the letter he received. Enele was curious as who went to the town council. He asked D.J. if he knew of anyone in town that he told that would possibly do that to him. D.J. couldn't think of anyone. All the people he's met at the Lounge, Onsen, and at the Festivals were really nice to him. Enele felt bad for D.J. but was at a loss. Nawai perked up and looked at Enele and suggested D.J. move in with them. He's in the same school as their son. He could sleep on the couch for now until something is figured out. Enele looked over at D.J. and raised his eyebrow wondering what he thought about the idea. But D.J. just shook his head. He told them he couldn't do that. He didn't feel right about it. Nawai insisted and assured him it was no trouble. D.J. frowned and still refused.

Nawai then suggested maybe it was time he go back home to his parents. They are probably missing him terribly anyway. D.J. shrugged and didn't say anything. Enele then asked D.J. what brought him to Mt. Komorebi. D.J. replied with the adventure. Enele offered D.J. another possible solution. He said D.J. should go on another adventure. Nawai cut in and wondered if D.J. would just be asked to leave again. Enele replied with that D.J. would have to take that chance.

D.J. didn't know what he wanted to do. But he realized he needed to prepare for his shift at work. He didn't want to take a vacation day and sulk all night over this.

dj-01-188.jpg

D.J. couldn't believe it. Only after a few workdays, his boss gave him another raise. He wondered why he was being so kind and generous to him.

dj-01-189.jpg

On his way home from work, D.J. noticed the Festival of Light was going on at the bottom of the mountain. He thought this would be a good distraction before sleeping for the evening. Tomorrow he didn't have school or work, so he could start to figure what to do in about four more days. He changed into his kimono and made his way to the festival.

Last time he visited, everything was covered in fluffy white snow. This time, he got to see the green grass. He tried to converse with others but was too sad to enjoy himself, made another wish on the tree, bought some Simmies, and ate some of the festival delegacies by himself.

dj-01-190.jpg
    dj-01-191.jpg
    dj-01-192.jpg
    dj-01-193.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @Shadami
    Wow, when Velma decides to make some friends, she really means it! hehe Bit of a fickle thing isn't she though? Ah well, it's normal for a teenage girl to have crushes on lots of different guys. So weird seeing Cale so bad at winter sports in your save. He's master of the Ludicrous slope in mine now. hehe Wonder why he was so depressed all the time. Seems like Velma is leaning towards DJ now. Great idea having them all get together to do projects. Good for Velma, she's breaking out of her shell. :)

Whoa! Wow, yeah, lots of drama going on. Were they all on full autonomy? Yeah, I'm surprised Cale would blow Aaron a kiss, he is definitely not gay in my save. Just as surprising to see Aaron flirting with the girls. Gah! You have Hunter Aaron. Silly boy! Quite an interesting development. o.O

Opps, What Festival was it she went to with Aaron? Spice Festival? Well, we'll just pretend that didn't happen. What didn't happen? Nothing happened, what are you talking about? Exactly! ;) Darn adults, always thinking it's fine to lecture kids, any kids. Go away Katrina! hehe

@SoulGal7
    Aww man, bummer Kyoshi hurt himself and couldn't make the climb with Dylan. A bit foolhardy of him to think he could make the climb by himself. Kaori? Oh boy, she ran away eh? Well that's good she's asserting her independence I guess anyway. Feel bad for her Grandparents, but they pushed her, especially her grandfather to do something like this. o.O

Ooo la la Kaori giving Dylan such a hot kiss! hehe Smart of her to bring some hot soup. Oh look at them! They look so cute in their snowsuits and goggles! I forgot all about those! You had Sakura and Kyoshi wear those too. :) Oh no! She forgot her climbing equipment. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Well Dylan had a great idea though on how to help her out with that. But I don't like the worried look on his face thinking about the weather and Croft. Crossing my fingers everything goes well for them both!

@afai1261
    Ooo, can't wait to find out what this big reason is for both of them to move to Windenburg now. Yes, Hunter is allowed to live with Aaron, no problem! Josh moved in with Essa after I'd only played 8 days! He was just going to help her train and climb the mountain with her. But we all know things developed into much more after awhile. A lot of tension between the two because of their romantic feelings for each other since she was a teen and he was a young adult at the time. :) I had no mods at that time either, so no way for them to 'get together.' Oh boy, somehow I figured Morgan would follow them.

Ohh, well that's cool you don't need pose player for that pose. I looked into getting that for my last update, especially for fight poses. But I ended up just settling for GF stage marks for Cale's fight with Lance. Still don't like that dust cloud though. Oh well.. Just bad graphics with the foam maybe? Or a glitch? I have no idea. Morgan was the Onsen custodian? That's hilarious. hehe Hmm, well I thought I'd downloaded the CC version of Aaron. I didn't have to add any of his CC anyway after I put him in my game. Other than the contacts.

Aww, man, Aaron looks so happy swimming. I love that shot! Great idea having a party with his friends to celebrate the first day of Summer. Everybody looked like they were having a ball throwing the water balloons. Bummer about the fire, but I'm sure Cale understands that it wasn't Aaron's fault a fire started. These things happen. Had to laugh at the shot of Dylan with a leaf 'mane' around his neck. hehe Hilarious too Robin making that funny face. So sweet he took selfies with everyone. I love that!

You weren't wrong about Cale possibly still being traumatized around fires. It's cool! :) Cale would not think bad of Aaron for it, don't worry. Cale might rant and rave, get upset about stuff, but he's working on that and while he might be angry, it wouldn't be focused at Aaron, you know? He'd just be angry in general thinking about what happened. Hey Cale looks great with the black t-shirt and those are my absolute favorite shorts for guys. You did good! :)

@permanentrose
    Gorgeous shot of Robin skiing at night for your daily post pic. Love it! Oh man, that's so funny! Yep, knew that would happen Robin, you should've realized that too. hehe Love those skis! So pretty! The last two skiing pics are fabulous too, especial the next to last screenshot! Hey, that's not a lame reason! I'm glad Cale was able to somewhat influence Robin to move too! Honored Cale was instrumental in Robin making her decision. :) And they look so cute sitting there together too!

@LegacySims2017
    hehe So did I! So silly eh? But a fun glitch. :) Aww, oh man, what a sweet, touching thing to do for your very special Simself. I loved watching this. He had a very full and happy life eh? Did I see right? They had triplets? Were they your first set? Anyway, thanks so much for sharing. Did you continue your Build Newcrest challenge after that?

I've got a save file for that challenge, but it's on hiatus at the moment. Still on the first Gen. My Sim founder for the challenge, Noah Noonday and his wife Cassie (Goth) have two children at the moment, Kewanee and Payson. Hopefully one day I'll play with them again. I didn't make a video for it, but I have tons of photos of the first time I ever played with Josh for the Apocalypse Challenge. The only time I ever played through is entire life until he passed away. He's my most loved Sim of all time, he and his Brother Joel actually. :) Some Sims just touch our hearts and worm their way inside eh? *Hugs*

Thank you for what you said about my last update. I had fun setting it all up. A bit challenging to do without mods (like pose player), but I loved doing it! You made my night. :)

Aww so sweet of Enele and Nawai to offer DJ to live with them. Congrats to DJ for getting another raise! That'll come in handy for his move. :) Dang, too bad the Festival couldn't lift his spirits, it's understandable though. Still, glad the sight of the green grass helped just a tiny bit anyway. :)
    edited April 2023
    January 30
    *This update covers a whole in-game week, but I've tried my best to compress it haha
    IJyRg0En_o.jpg
    "Aaron," Hunter said. He was looking at Aaron's phone. A text from Cale was displayed. "He doesn't blame you for the fire. He's okay. He says he's not mad at you and he knows it wasn't deliberate. Cheer up, he doesn't hate you."
    "That makes me feel a bit better..."

Aaron and Hunter finished cooking up the forager's stew, the heavenly aroma permeating the small house. Grabbing a bowl, he sat at his desk while Hunter danced to some alternative music, and Aaron felt that it was time to let him know of his plans for moving.
    "I think we need to leave Mount Komorebi," he began. "With your uncle just following us everywhere... and not even us, I've been out hiking and he just shows up at the park, even when I'm not with you. I don't like it."
    "But where could we go?" Hunter asked, considering the notion.
    "Well... I know someone from Windenburg, and from what she says there are all sorts of cool opportunities there. She wants me to join her club. But then it's weird, because she looks exactly like your uncle."
    Hunter looked up sharply. "Exactly like him?"
    "Yeah..."
    "Morgan Fyres, right?"
    "How did you know? Also I thought it was weird that they have the same first name, like..." He paused. "Don't tell me she's your cousin."
    Hunter shook his head. "No. Uncle Morgan doesn't have any children." But even as he said it, he sounded unsure. "Or if he does, he never introduced me or my brothers to them."
    "Do you think there's a possibility-"
    "No. I know for a fact that she's not my cousin."
    "You sound very sure of that."
    Hunter sighed. "I'll tell you when we get to Windenburg. It's... well, it's weird."
    "So you're saying yes? You want to go to Windenburg?"
    Hunter nodded. "Even if it's just to get away from my uncle, I would go to the ends of the earth for you." He meant it. "I love you, Aaron."

Aaron returned the sentiment, and they spent the night together.

Aaron glanced at his phone once Hunter had left the next morning - one of his large paintings on Plopsy had been purchased for over $13,300 simoleons. He stared at the screen, wondering if it was real, then packaged it up and sent it off. What he could do with all that money... He decided to look for Windenburg real estate listings, then went out to harvest his plants. He felt anxiety, but also excitement, building up in anticipation for the move and went for a hike to clear his head. Mount Komorebi had been nice, and there were a few more things he needed to do first, but he was ready for a new chapter in his life, with Hunter and Yoshi by his side.

He spent the rest of the week snowboarding, hiking, going to school, and going out with Hunter, discussing when they'd make the big move. He was attacked by wildlife in the Bamboo forest, met a kodama, wiped out on his snowboard a few times but still managed to become extra awesome at snowboarding, completed the first level endurance challenge on the rock wall in the gym. Simply put, he thrived. It was a stark contrast to how he'd managed when he'd first moved to Mount Komorebi, barely surviving and having to fish constantly just to make ends meet. And now, as he prepared to leave the place, he considered everything he had achieved here. He had climbed to the top of Mount Komorebi and became a wicked good snowboarder. He had made friends that he hoped to keep for life. And most of all he had met Hunter. The first real love he'd ever had.

It was Saturday again, and time for the Festival of Light - he went with Hunter and kissed him passionately on the bridge.
    "I'm still looking for places in Windenburg," he admitted when they sat down on a bench at the park. "I don't think I can survive being homeless again."
    "I'll make sure that you don't have to," Hunter replied, his eyes so full of warmth and love, and something else. Hope.

~~~
    XdcmLVb.png
    nHNZ8G5.png

I was actually in shock at how much this sold for lol
    xYBJHbG.png

Spotted Cale and Mostyn having a conversation in the park :)
    maybe they're comparing stories of how they got their scars
    hhLSdOR.png
    ESriogP.png
    Mostyn is dazed, don't ask me why :D

Let's put you in something more fashionable!
    gDVwCL3.png
    DO2T3ke.png
    That's better!

NovG4ml.png
    1PWRq7y.png
    FUwxOac.png
    fuBrG5x.png
    i5dD82q.png
    4A4GSOz.png
    6AxPC12.png
    RatdQ8k.png
    ArW44ba.png
    nFmkOFh.png
    onYakhn.png

UzkcENA.png

qB78V2c.png
    fOYJoIF.png
    Finally finished with this one, I was worried he'd never get another wildlife attack or any inclement weather at all lol

Post edited by afai1261 on
    @Shadami
    Day 28: Nice to see Velma making some friends other than Aaron lol.
    Poor girl wiping out though haha
    Bahahaha Cale daydreaming about what is underneath clothes :joy:
    Oh and him checking out Robin from behind, omg.
    Poor Velma feeling tense about having too many friends!

Day 29: Omg Cale flirted with Aaron??? Even more than flirting!
    Is the Free Love NAP active by any chance? I remember once Free Love was active in one of my saves and one of my gay sims flirted with one of my lesbian sims (she flirted back, and she was married!) and it was super weird...
    Robin's speech bubble is so perfect :joy:
    And then Kenzie flirts with Aaron? WHAT???
    Great pics of everyone skiing together! And awesome to see almost the whole group all together at the onsen!

@SoulGal7
    Day 25: Of course Dylan feels confident enough to do it all by himself!
    And Kaori swoops in at the last second!
    Ooh no, a thundersnowstorm? Kaori is never going to hear the end of it from her grandparents when she gets home :grimace:

Day 26: Nothing much to say other than those are some really good shots of Dylan and Kaori going up the mountain!
    Had to laugh at 'when the going gets tough, the tough take a selfie' :joy:
    Ah no, I hope Kaori doesn't fall off the Croft Icefall... :worried:

@RememberJoy
    Day 29: Really cool daily pic of Adam with the slope behind him!

@permanentrose
    Day 29: That is a superb picture of Robin skiing!
    I feel bad for laughing at her getting struck by lightning :joy:

@Karababy52
    Day 29: Oh ew it's Cale's stepdad! RUN!
    Yikes, yikes, yikes! How did he find Cale?!
    Oof this confrontation is making me tense lol. I don't think I've ever had this visceral a reaction to anything I've read before, this is great haha.
    Ack, so an (accidental) fire in my game and a deliberate one in yours...
    I'm so glad Alessandra was there!
    Your writing is so good omg. I was actually on the edge of my seat the whole time Alessandra was in there saving Cale, and then she catches on fire? Argh!
    And now L. is saving her!!! Ah that actually made me a bit emotional with how L. said 'I hear you'! Great callback to L. telling Cale he could call on her too!
    That was intense. Wow. Bravo!!! I hope Cale made it out safely thanks to Alessandra's spell!

@LegacySims2017
    Day 27: Aw so sweet of Enele to offer DJ a place in his home. I think DJ needs a hug, he'll figure something out! And yes, well done to him for getting yet another raise!
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    Jan 28 Short Update
    Same stuff different day. Savannah leveled up her Rock Climbing and a little of snowboarding. After rock climbing on the tall wall, she snowboard down the challenging hill before going home. Savannah is also saving simoleons so when she moves she won't be broke and can have a nicer house constructed for her and move her furniture in. xYUsFkL.png

Table of Contents

next few updates are short because she's not doing anything new.
    edited January 2022
    Jan 27 - Mountain Excursion - Part 2

almost-there-to-the-top-of-mt-komorebi.png
    Just as I had feared, when we got to the Croft Icefall, the weather had gotten worse. It was a blizzard. I felt the urge to run inside. But that was the problem. There was no place to run to.

BLIZZARD-AT-ICEFALL.png
    THEY-ARE-NOW-AT-CROFT-ICEFALL-MOODLET.png

It was windy, and the snow swirled around us. I couldn't see two feet in front of me.

NOW-BLIZZARD-CONDITIONS.png

And cold! I had never felt this cold in my entire life!

PERHAPS-WE-SHOULD-GO-BACK.png

HE-COULDNT-SEE-2-FEET-IN-FRONT-OF-HIM.png

My teeth were chattering, "Stay close. I don't want to lose you...and...and...we need...we need to build a fire..." I shouted to Kaori.

THEY-GATHERED-SOME-WOOD-TO-START-A-FIRE.png

Although I am sure that Kaori was freezing, too, she seemed to adapt better than I did, and was picking sticks up along the way. I saw a bush with some blackberries on it, and decided to pick them.

HARVESTING-BLACKHERRIES.png

While I was busy gathering some more berries, Kaori cleared some snow and started placing the sticks for a fire. It really helps to bring a Scout with you when you go on a mountain excursion because in no time at all, Kaori had a roaring fire going. We were both grateful to have some heat.

VERY-ICY.png

It had turned icy, and I nearly fell, which meant the rock wall would be a sheer ice wall now.

Kaori and I drank the last two cans of hot onion soup. I also ate an energy bar and so did Kaori.

EATING-ENERGY-BAR-AND-DRINKING-ONION-SOUP.png

I suggested that perhaps we should pitch a tent and wait until the storm subsided, but Kaori said it could get worse. I looked around us, and she was probably right. With the amount of snow that was falling, our tent could be buried in snow.

KAORI-THIS-IS-THE-MOST-DANGEROUS-CLIMB.png

We did a fist bump together, and I told her that I would lay out the rope, and we would prepare for the climb.

IT-WAS-FREEZING-OUT.png

I pointed to a spot near the rock wall that was a bit sheltered, and we ran there together. After checking that Kaori's crampons were secured, and tying the rope around our waists and attaching the rope to the carabiner clip, I gave her a hug. We both felt pretty confident about my plan for the climb.

LOOKING-CONFIDENT.png

I looked up at the mountain. It was formidable and the highest wall I had ever seen. I smiled at Kaori and give her a thumbs up.

CHANCE-OF-SUCCESSFUL-CLIMB-HIGH.png

Dylan: "See you at the top!"

CLIMBING-COURAGEOUSLY.png

I began the climb and was climbing quite courageously. I checked on Kaori and I saw how focused she was on her route. It was still cloudy, but it looked like the storm was letting up a bit as we continued to climb.

BLIZZARD-HAD-SUBSIDED-AT-TOP-OF-WALL.png

KAORI-ON-ICEFALL.png

Kaori is steadily climbing...

I'm making good progress, and Kaori is keeping pace. And then I felt a jolt on the rope. The rope slid across the anchor I had hammered into the wall, and then I heard Kaori let out a scream. Noooo!

KAORI-JUST-DECIDED-TO-GO-AHEAD.png

I momentarily lost my footing and was dangling in mid-air. And then my body slammed against the wall, and I regained my balance. The anchor held fast.

HANGING-ON.png

LOOK-ONE-HAND.png

Dylan: "Kaori! Kaori! Are you alright?"

There was no answer.

Dylan: "Kaori...what happened? Talk to me...I'm climbing towards you..."

I saw Kaori a few feet away clinging to the wall. Not moving. She must have slipped.

Dylan: "Kaori, I'm going to help you climb up. Okay, listen to me. Are you hurt?"

DOUBLE-HAND-HOLD.png

Kaori: "My...my..wrist...I can't put any pressure on it..."

Dylan thinking, "Dang! She must have somehow sprained her wrist."

I looked up to see how far we had to climb to the top, and we were almost there.

DYLAN-LOOKED-UP-GOSH-THATS-HIGH.png

Dylan: "Kaori, listen to me...we're going to go up slowly together. We aren't far from the top. Now...concentrate...where is your next foothold? Do you see a spot?"

STAY-WITH-ME-KAORI.png

Kaori didn't answer right away, "Yes....I see one, but I'm afraid to move. I'm afraid I'm going to fall..."

DYLAN-IN-AFRAID.png

Dylan heard some soft crying, "Kaori, you're not going to fall. You're roped to me, and I am not going to let anything happen to you. Now what I want you to do is use your arm and wrist of your good arm and slide it along the rock to the next handhold. Then move your one foot to a new foothold and then the other foot to another foothold. And then just slide yourself up. You got that?"

Kaori: "Yes...okay, I am going to try..."

DYLAN-I-CANT-MAKE-IT.png

Dylan: "I have faith in you, Kaori. No matter what it takes, I will stay here...I won't leave you..."

FEELING-PROTECTIVE-ABOUT-KAORI.png

Silence.

Dylan: "We're going to make it, Kaori...and...and I have a surprise when we reach the summit. I have weenies to roast. So, yeah...you can't miss that..."

Dylan heard a laugh and then crying again.

Kaori: "Is that all you can think of? Weenies?"

Dylan: "Well...I kind of worked up an appetite with all this climbing,,,"

More silence.

DYLAN-IM-SLIPPING.png

Dylan: "We're almost there, Kaori. You're doing great...just a bit further...we're going up...slowly..."

The rope was tugging me upwards and I climbed up a bit more.

Dylan: "And you know, Kaori, when we get to the summit...I'm going to give you a kiss to remember...not everyone can say they kissed at the top of the simworld..."

KAORI-ON-ICE-WALL.png

I barely heard Kaori's response.

Kaori answered in a barely audible whisper, "That would be nice..."

Dylan: "Kaori, I'm going to climb to the top and help you from there. I'll have more leverage. I'll be there waiting for you..."

ALMOST-THERE-AT-THE-TOP-DYLAN.png

CRAWLING-UP.png

HE-MADE-IT-DYLAN-ON-TOP.png

I quickly climbed to the top, and found some solid footing. I spied a rock and wrapped some rope around it, and took the rope in both of my hands.

Dylan: "Alright, Kaori. I'm up top. Just keep coming slowly..."

It was slow going, but inch by inch, there was progress. The weather had cleared. It was still cold, and the sun would be setting soon. And then, I saw the top of Kaori's head. I let out a sigh of relief and had a silly smile on my face. She had made it! My plan had worked.

KAORI-AT-THE-TOP.png

The moment Kaori was on solid ground again, she broke down and started crying.

IF-YU-HADNT-BEEN-HERE-I-COULD-HAVE-DIED.png

Kaori: "Oh Dylan, if it hadn't been for you, I could have died on the mountain."

Dylan: "Kaori, it's alright. You're here now and that's all that matters. You're safe."

KAORI-ARE-YOU-OK.png

Kaori: "No, my Sofu (Grandfather) was right. I wasn't ready for the trek. I'm sorry I put you at risk..."

my-grandfather-was-right-i-was-not-ready.png

Dylan: "Kaori, shhh...it's alright. If you had bought the rock climbing gear, you would have had no problem."

I hugged her close to me, and then took her hands gently in mine.

kaori-its-getting-dark-we-only-have-a-lttle-ways-to-go.png

Dylan: "I would never let anything happen to you. I would have stayed here all night, all day...as long as it took to help you to safety. I'm not going anywhere without you, Kaori...because my day just wouldn't be the same without you by my side..."

well-pitche-the-tent-uptop-lets-go.png

Kaori looked into my eyes and I could tell that she felt the same. It was true. I had never felt like I did around Kaori. I didn't really know what it was like to care about someone so deeply, that you would do anything for them.

I saw how Kaori was shivering, and knew that she was cold and probably suffering from a bit of shock. I needed to get her to some shelter. The wind had picked up again, and we needed to get to the summit and set up camp. I was so thankful that I had listened to Kado and packed all the necessary supplies. We were going to need them.

Kaori held up her wrist to me.

my-wrist-i-think-i-sprained-it.png

Kaori: "Dylan, my wrist...I think I sprained it. How are we going to do the climb back?"

Dylan: "Don't worry about that now. I brought a first aid kit, and I'm going to tape up your wrist, and we'll just use the rope system again. It will be easier going down. It will be fine. But it's getting dark. We need to continue to the summit and make camp there. We'll have to spend the night."

cost-icefall.png

The moon was coming up, and I pointed out the pathway to Kaori. We trudged through the heavy snow...and underneath it all...ice...

icy-and-dylan-falls.png

I was tired, and the stress of the day had worn me out. I fell once, but got up and willed myself to continue. I saw the final marker.

moon-coming-up.png

Dylan: "We're almost there Kaori...we're almost at the summit! You and me, Kaori. We did it! We made the mountain excursion together..."

(...to be continued...)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I wanted to take a nice photo of the two of them cozying up by the fire together, but Kaori had other plans. I had Autonomy Full on, and she ran to the Croft Icefall and started climbing. There was no way I could stop her. I didn't want to "X" that interaction out, in case she would fall. So, with no pre-climb stretching, calking hands or inspecting the wall, she just went on that wall and started climbing.

To put it mildly, I was a bit concerned about Kaori not having taken the necessary precautions before climbing the most dangerous wall. And after that, I turned autonomy off.

It did feel like this climb took forever. The weather did subside while they were climbing, but it was still freezing and windy. It was cloudy, then sunny for a bit, and then the sun set. And it got dark really fast.
    edited January 2022
    Wish I weren't so busy. I feel like I'm falling behind with even reading all your updates and it's making me sad :( And I have kennel duty again this coming week, so it's just gonna be a lot to keep up with posting and all your posts, and it really does make me sad - but I will do my best!

---

January 30

WNZ8I2D.jpg
    Robin was feeling excited about the prospect of exploring a new place. She had looked up Windenburg, and it seemed like a great place to explore next - ancient ruins, gorgeous cliffside scenery, and even rumors of a sea monster. She just had to talk to Aimi - Aimi had an adventurous streak, and perhaps she'd even want to join Robin on her journeys. She hoped that she wasn't being too presumptuous - after all, their relationship was still fairly new, but she was developing real feelings for Aimi, perhaps ones that were even meant to last...

She excitedly shared her plans, but Aimi's face fell as soon as the words left Robin's lips.
    iNYi0yM.jpg

"You're leaving?" Aimi spoke softly. "I thought you were happy here."

"I am...but I've been longing for more adventure. My mom has told me a lot about her travels, and now with Cale leaving too, it just seemed like the time to see more of the world. But you can come too! We can brave the unknown together!"
    VN8yJBi.jpg

"But I love it here in Mt. Komorebi," Aimi told her. "And there's plenty of adventure here. Plus, my parents are getting older, and I'd love to put down roots here...I thought you'd want the same thing."
    ebylKWj.jpg

"You knew from the start that I wanted to see the world," Robin protested, trying to suppress tears and a slight feeling of annoyance rising in her chest. "Meeting you was unexpected, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I just don't want to miss out on all the adventures life might hold for me. Cale said that-"

"What is it with you and Cale?" Aimi interjected, her words suddenly laced with venom. "Is your friendship with him more important than your relationship with me? Is there something going on between you two?"
    6bV9LJ2.png

"Of course nothing is going on with me and Cale! He's just a good friend and talking with him has reminded me of the goals I had set for myself. I don't know why you're getting so upset about this...It's not like I'm trying to leave you out of this." Robin retorted.
    mA6QixK.jpg

"I don't see how it's fair that you're just expecting me to suddenly leave my family and my life behind here," Aimi countered. "Everything I know and love is here...and I thought you'd be a part of that. Obviously I was wrong..."

They argued a bit more before Robin left in a huff, the two unable to see eye to eye.

How had things gone so terribly wrong?
    AM4XHnJ.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top