Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    (I didn't get any play time after work, so fell another day behind. Thankfully, I have two days off, my so-called weekend, coming up and hopefully can play catch-up. My new goal starting in February and onward is to have at least a day played out in advance, so I don't have to play catch up. We'll have to wait and see.)

January 22nd Comments:

@Karababy52
    I like how Cale was living dangerously hanging on to the rocks. :lol: How long did the excursion take with him and Joel, altogether?
    It was fun watching Caitlin flirt with D.J. and his reactions. It was cute. He had the "aww, shucks" look a lot. I ended up going into the game afterwards to place her in Windenburg as she and her parents were "not in a world". That's when I saw her Aspiration and traits and got why she kept flirting with D.J. There will be a story arc with these two, I think. But I think I'll let the gameplay itself tell most of the story and see where all this goes.

@afai1261
    You have to look further into Hunter's gift to Aaron. I think it was a metaphor. Aaron is Hunter's "apple of his eye". :wink: Sizing up Hunter and Aaron side by side...looks like Hunter is a bit jealous in that screenshot.

@permanentrose
    Always love seeing Pepper images. And it looks like she wanted one of Robin's grilled cheese.

@Shadami
    It must be the in-style thing...that look of Caitlin and your created Sim.
    Aww, I like the warmhearted sentiment with Velma and D.J. I really enjoy how she is doing like a twitter feed type thing. You should have her do this for the whole thing. Well, I hope that's what your plan was.

@RememberJoy
    Gah. It sounds like they are parting ways and might see each other in passing. Grandmother said no romantic relationship. I don't see why they can't still hang out. Just no funny business or heed the wrath of the grandmother is all. I really do hope Adam and Kaori still hang out. But I don't know your intentions of how the gameplay story is going to play out and what your plans are.

@miss_eulenauge
    I like when your daily images show a positive Lucy. Or a Lucy trying to be positive.

@SoulGal7
    That was fun seeing the whole Challenge Sims gang there. That would be fun if you had them all go on the excursion together and Dylan leads it.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    January 23
    9I6wBhHT_o.jpg
    N8uJXFv.png
    xxYip1c.png
    eHfNBhT.png
    S8C1bSw.png

18O3po6.png
    FdqeQNR.png
    kiIvAFL.png

am0yH2n.png
    lsIDrPW.png
    ZQ9Xuch.png
    HF4ToHC.png

DreT4h9.png
    qEhtfBi.png
    fGmXuc0.png

jCdsi6g.png
    ZUGhCLZ.png
    gZoAVvE.png
    u94weLL.png
    zQ7NxIo.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited January 2022
    @permanentrose
    Day 21: Love bowling in TS4, great idea to put a bowling alley in Mt Komorebi!
    Aimi's parents following her everywhere reminds me of Hunter's uncle Morgan showing up absolutely everywhere that Aaron goes with Hunter...
    Congrats to Robin for winning the bowling game haha.
    Well now that Aaron has Hunter in your game, maybe he'll be happy now ;)

Day 22: Gorgeous daily pic.
    The dogs are so cute when they jump into the water! Aww poor Pepper when they had to leave though!
    I have Aaron reading the rock climbing books now too and it still goes up so slowly...
    Hahaha all that grilled cheese :joy: Pepper wants a piece ;)

@miss_eulenauge
    Day 20: Omg I love that pic of Mayor Whiskers and little Laika! <3

@Carebear92
    Day 19: What an awesome Love Day for Savannah and Kiyoshi!

@RememberJoy
    Day 21: With that title, I knew exactly what was coming...
    Oh, poor Adam. And that vending machine just had to rub it in, didn't it?

Day 22: Ooh ouch. No surprises that Kaori's grandparents took it badly.
    Poor Kaori, poor Adam (again). Oh dang I didn't even realise that the elder who didn't like Adam's yoga lessons was Kaori's grandmother! I feel so bad for Adam! He must be so crushed.

@SoulGal7
    Day 17: Love that daily pic of Dylan all muscular and confident.
    Those forest spirits are very good to him!
    Poor Dylan being on the wall when it malfunctioned! :open_mouth:

Day 18: Wow, love seeing all of the challenge sims (sans Sean) in one place! It's super cool to see them all interacting with each other :)
    And they look like they're all having such a good time!
    Ah no poor Dylan seeing Kiyoshi and Kaori looking at each other like that...
    Ooooh dear, Kaori's grandfather saw them :# This is going to develop into something awful isn't it lol

@LegacySims2017
    Day 20: Ooh, now DJ's getting in on the romance action ;)
    I love Caitlin's blue hair! Ohhh I just saw in the side notes that she wants to be a serial romantic... I sense trouble ahead for DJ!
    That aside, congrats on being level 9 for both rock climbing and fitness!

@Karababy52
    Day 21: Awesome screenshots of the excursion with Cale and Joel!
    Haha love Joel singing in the morning!
    And love Cale showing off :D
    Congrats to Cale for making it to the top! I'm so excited for Aaron to do the excursion now.
    And now he and Joel are BFFs! Perfect way to celebrate getting to the peak!

@Shadami
    Day 22: I love that Aaron is such a good friend to Velma! Okay wow of course Judith had to steal the slope from him... Gosh I hate her :joy:
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2022
    January 23

WR8YOz4.png?1
    Guess what Robin did today? :D:D:D
    yowPZN1.png
    mSQvplq.png
    UnDBh90.png
    jUKqVOm.png

Rock climbing so constantly though can make a girl lonely, so some cuddles with her GF were in order.
    C3hd78S.png
    APWAu1S.png

While I find Aimi and Robin to be a very cute couple, I have recently found myself thinking of other cute teens I have placed around my worlds and considering them for Robin....so we shall see what the future brings ;)

Catching up on comments later today :)
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    edited January 2022
    I will have a update for Jan 22 23 and 24th tomorrow. Having a busy weekend
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    @Shadami
    Shadami wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Oh my lord, Aaron has some muscles now! I was not expecting that. Also, he and Hunter are so precious together! I'm glad Hunter absolutely supports his transition and is fine with it and they get to be precious adorable soulmates together!!!
    Also, I am finally caught up. xD Only took me most of the month. Haha.

Side note. I skimmed some of the recent comments and saw "teen pregnancy" mentioned. and then got to the part where Aaron has only had top surgery. and then got to the shower scene and went :O Because I didn't read who'd had the teen pregnancy come up yet. xD just saw the words. and went. Do we get a Hunter-Aaron baby? I'm so embarrassed that I didn't read who the comments were from properly.
    Yeah I really wasn't expecting those muscles on Aaron either :joy: I love him with Hunter so much <3

I actually have Aaron set as infertile (can't get pregnant or get others pregnant) because I did not want a risky woohoo situation to happen and with my luck regarding risky woohoo, I swear it definitely would have happened - one of my sims got pregnant with risky woohoo set to 1% :D
    Afai spoiler reply
    Oh my goodness, that's absolutely wild!! I conveniently don't have mods on so my risky woohoo is turned off atm. but was doing a 100 baby challenge once and forgot that I had it on, and the matriarch definitely accidentally got pregnant twice by the same guy and I couldn't count the second pregnancy xD yay extra children? if I remember right... it was twins xD drastically slowing my challenge. lol

I didn't know there was an infertile option though? I guess I haven't messed with settings enough.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited January 2022
    Jan 19 - Bonafide Ripper

profile-pic.png
    After last night's fun at the Hazakura Lounge, I was ready to get some ski runs in. The day was perfect, the air was crisp, and the mountain was beckoning me.

looking-at-window-at-ski-stuff.png

I hadn't been skiing since the night I went skiing with Aaron and Kiyoshi. But they were both busy today, so I thought I would tackle the slopes alone. Earlier in the week, I had even purchased some new skis at a shop in town. I was grateful to Kiyoshi for loaning me his old skis, but those things clattered badly and really hurt my feet. If I was going to take this sport seriously, I had to invest in some better equipment. And so I bought some new skis, and I also purchased a small first aid kit, some energy bars, and a few items of clothing. I was feeling like a rad skier now.

So, today I would be trying out my new Max's Slopemaster 3000 Skis. I even had the ski shop hot wax them for me, so they were ready to go.

sun-coming-up.png

I arrived early on the mountain, and the sun was just coming up. I had checked the ski conditions and it was Fair Conditions for skiing.

checking-the-board.png
    fair-conditions.png

I looked up at the mountain and decided to do a warm up run down the easy slope first. So, it was off to the gondola.

riding-up-with-some-other-skiers.png

{Note: Some of you may already know this, but when you ride the gondola up, there are skis in the rack outside the gondola that your sim is riding. I think this is pretty cool.]

easy-slope-warm-up.png

I did my warm up run on the Easy slope...

nice-first-jump.png

...I aced that first jump...

great-turn-on-the-slope.png

...and was feeling great...

he-was-ready-for-the-intermediate-slope.png

...and I was ready to head up again and try the intermediate slope.

to-be-the-first-one-on-the-slope.png

skiing-intermediate-slope.png

And there it was...the intermediate slope...

cold-day-on-the-mountain.png

It was a cold day on the mountain, but I really wasn't feeling the chill.

dylan-is-flying-down-the-slope.png

one-with-the-mountain.png

what-a-ride.png

what-a-stop.png

When I reached the bottom of the slope, I did a perfect stop. That was a wild run!

There was one more slope I wanted to tackle before I headed home. The black diamond run...expert slope. The way I was feeling, I knew I could do it.

heading-down-the-black-diamond-run.png

yes-levelled-up-in-skiing.png

I made it! I had skied the expert slope. Woot! I had done a perfect run and I felt like I was on top of the world. It was a perfect way to end the morning.

certified-ripper-dylan.png
    adrenaline-induced-confidence.png

Now to head home, shower, and finish up some homework. I still had a few hours until I would have to head over to Kaori's house for dinner and to meet her Grandfather. I just had a good feeling about meeting him. I am sure that once I told him how hard we've been training for the mountain excursion, that he will let Kaori accompany me. Oh yeah, I am sure of it!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

It was New Skill Day today, and Dylan achieved Level 8 in skiing. He also now has the X2 Icebender Skis, which is a reward at Level 6 skiing. For the Mt. Komorebi Extreme Sports Enthusiast, he was able to "Perform High Intensity Skiing or Snowboarding on an Intermediate or Expert Slope" for that tick, and once he does the mountain climb, he will also have the tick for the next level of the aspiration "Achieve Level 8 Skiing, Snowboarding, or Rock Climbing Skill." Hopefully Dylan will max the rock climbing skill before he leaves Mt. Komorebi, and possibly the skiing skill. Not sure if he will max snowboarding, but he will try.

ese-progress-before-mc.png

He had a few reward points, so I bought him Great Kisser and Beguiling. This is what he has so far.

reward-traits-before-mc.png

The daily pic was taken when he was wearing a different ski outfit, but I liked it and so used it.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @afai1261
    Glad i'm not the only one who hates Judtih Ward xD

@LegacySims2017
    As long as I am in a good writing mood, I plan to keep the simstagram post bits in the story as Velma's little quirk. :D I thought it would be something fun.

Blog post - January 23rd
    pnFLEig.png
    Jan 22
    Savannah woke up couple hours before she had to go to work. Savannah used that time to eat some fruit salad, listen to music and her do her homework that's due later at school. After she finished eating and doing her homework, Savannah just relaxed in her bed listening to music for the last half hour she had. YTNH6bS.png
    It was a great work day for Savannah. Since she can't go to a higher position, her job still gives her a raise and bonus when her performance is superior. Savannah now gets paid 72 simoleons per hour and she got 1,258 simoleon bonus! It's time for Savannah to think logically on how to spend her simoleons. What's really important for her to take care of first.

Table of Contents

If you have responses to my last sentence of this update let me know. I need to think what's more important for savannah and not give her stuff that's not.
    Jan 23
    Its Friday, Savannah couldn't wait to go home and complete tier 2 of her aspiration. After work and school, Savannah came home to take care of her needs before deciding what to do the rest of the afternoon. 5dDjqwn.png While taking care of herself Kiyoshi comes over and knocks on the door. Since its nice and sunny outside, Kiyoshi and Savannah did some cloud gazing and talked about what to do this evening.
    First they went up to Onsen bathhouse to go rock climbing. wLjR3Pa.png Rock climbing wasn't working out for Savannah today, she kept falling and Kiyoshi got concern about her safety and advised her to buy some gear. Since Savannah had no access of getting rock climbing gear, they went down to the park to see what the Festival of Lights was all about.
    At the Festival of Lights, Savannah first bought a kimono to wear and strawberry Taiyaki to eat before exploring.CmgtaWb.png Savannah and Kiyoshi heard a whole bunch of fireworks, which clearly they missed. Since they missed the fireworks they went and join people at the bonfire.
    Savannah and Kiyoshi cozy up next each other by the bonfire and enjoyed each others company. wIpE1m4.pngDSkNr48.png

Table of Contents

Need to get working on that aspiration!!!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    *Updated my January 22nd post above! I'll be back later to post comments/replies and today's post. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 23rd: A day for myself

zmztQxs.png
    After the last couple day's emotional roller-coaster, I needed some me time to center and heal. After spending a few more hours studying for my mountain climb I was feeling hot and stuffy in my little house, so I headed over to the river to cool off.
    bLq9reC.png
    After a nice swim I was feeling energized so I decided to hold an energy centering yoga class at the park.
    2Tc5vBx.png
    The class went smoothly and I was feeling much better and wanted to test myself on the cliffs again, even if reading was faster.
    fIwDPDz.png
    After a couple times up and down without falling, I headed up the mountain to do a little skiing and snowboarding. I was feeling so energized and confident I wanted to do the hardest run with max difficulty.
    0LaXZiG.png
    I made it down without incident, but face-planted at the bottom.
    ggj0Erz.png
    Feeling a little embarrassed I toned it down and went snowboarding on the easy hill, and fortunately did not face-plant this time.
    PqCIOKz.png
    owHVXTx.png
    By now it was getting late and I was hungry, so I headed home. I fixed myself the only thing I know how to cook, fruit salad, and read up some more on climbing before heading to bed. After today I'm feeling more confident about being a dad, I think I'll find Kaori tomorrow and see how we can make this work.

In answer to some questions:

@LegacySims2017
    Yeah I still plan for them to be friends but I'm not really sure how I'm going to play out their relationship in the future, I'm just kinda playing day to day on this. I'm thinking they won't be getting back together since we'll be moving to a new world soon, but anything's possible.

@SoulGal7
    Yes, I'm able to sell the simmis on Plopsy. The amount you make varies and you can decline an offer if you hope to make more, but there are no guarantees.

As for their relationship, yes I did break it off between them, but they still have a full friendship bar and they'll still be friends. As for the future, I'm kinda just playing day to day, so we'll see; I have no solid plans right now.
    Hi all: Comment time. Have a great day/night :) More comments coming...

@Karababy52
    Jan 20 Congrats to Cale for reaching level 10 fitness. Ooh la la. Cale and Kenzie are pretty steamy together! hehe :naughty: And Dylan oblivious to the world sitting in the Onsen. Oh Dylan! lol Cale is certainly smitten with Kenzie...for now, at least :):heart:

Jan. 21: You know, for guys who aren't related to each other, Joel and Cale look very similar. Yes. It's the mountain climb, and gee, they head out early together. And of course the weather turns nasty...gee. And so they rest...and then Joel sings to Cale to wake him up. lol Joel is a funny guy. I always get nervous at that Croft Icefall, no matter how skilled they are. Did Cale climb courageously? Last year, Sakura wasn't at that level, so she never did. Not sure if I will with Dylan...so nervous of that ice wall death. Anyway, congrats to Cale (and Joel) for completing the mountain excursion at gold level. Woot! Great shot at the end of the top of the moountain.

Jan 22: Yeah! That's so weird that they couldn't be snow bros., but we know they really are. And that cabin appeared like in the "Wizard of Oz" lol and squashed the old snowpal...that you didn't like anyway! hehehe. I like that fireplace, and the cabin looks very rustic up there. I've never built anything there either. Very nice. Great photos of the sunset and, of course, the moon overhead with the cabin. Love it. Happy that Cale now has a "family". The snoring bros in the cabin. lol

@permanetrose
    Jan 20: Oh gosh...Dylan doesn't look very happy delivering those groceries to Robin this time. lol Dylan...remember the tip Robin gave you last time? Smile for the girl. geez. I had Dylan do that too, to research the handholds on the computer, and it seemed to work a bit faster than reading for Dylan, but it is still slow going to get that skill up. Good idea to put a gym in the world to see the other challenge sims. And there is Dylan again. I'm not sure, but I think they need to still work out to keep their muscle tone. Not sure on that, though. I don't want Dylan looking like Marcus Flex, so when he ages to YA, I may tone those muscles down a bit. And Aimi and Robin get very clean together in the shower.

Jan. 21: Oh, rock climbing in the rain. And love that Robin and Aimi got to Scouts together. Bowling alley fun...again with Kaori and Kyoshi. hehe Oh yes, you got that right, Robin, if Jules lived there, she would be stalking you and Aimi, too. lol And poor, sad, Aaron. Well, at least he looks good in the suit.

Jan. 22:I think I did right with Robin and put her in the house in Wakaba. But I never see Pepper out with her :( Love that doggo swimming. Love how Pepper is looking at those grilled cheese sandwiches...like...which one is mine? lol

@miss_eulenauge
    Jan 20: Such a great shot of Laika and Mayor Whiskers.

Jan 21: Wow! Lucy is doing rather well with all the stuff in inventory. I see you have some frogs in inventory. Don't forget to do frog breeding, very lucrative. I think that the bartender really likes Laika so has no concerns if Lucy wants to have chips and sleep there. Leaning the violin is a good idea. She can then also gets tips from playing.

Jan 22: Nice pic. Brushing her teeth brings up her responsibility trait, so that's a good thing. :)
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2022
    Slightly late... Did play today, but almost fell asleep over the update. Whoops!
    January, Day 23 - "I've fallen apart, I've lost all hope... I just want to live, but how?"
    01-23-22-3-51-13-PM.png
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    edited January 2022
    @SoulGal7
    Awesome rock climbing pics! Too funny he decided to change and climb in his flip flops haha. And wow, yeah, Kaori's muscles really are quite large! Oof, I didn't know they could get electrocuted on that wall either! Glad it wasn't a fatal shock!

What a fun post to see all our sims! Gotta love that Robin showed up in her bathing suit - she's a true mermaid haha. It's fun to see all our sims properly hanging out, and you did a good job finding game substitutes for all the CC we've given our sims haha. Oh man, I swear you can't have a party/gathering in your game without someone not making it to the toilet :D It's a classic SoulGal party mishap by now haha. And uh oh, angry grandpa, wonder what this will mean for their relationship.

Great skiing shots! Dylan is so athletic and skilled!

Also I'm pretty sure the only reason I see pets out and about not in Brindleton Bay is because I have mods to make dog walkers and pets spawn in all worlds. It's a bummer that's not an option in the game.

@LegacySims2017
    Aw, love that DJ is finding some romance! I love Caitin's blue hair! A little fling will definitely be fun for DJ! And if you can, I definitely recommend playing ahead when you can. It's been saving me haha.

I am planning to move the challenge sims to each world as long as I have lots open (like Glimmerbrook might be tricky since there's not a lot of space to begin with there, but we'll see!)

@Karababy52
    Nice start to your mountain excursion! Glad the weather cleared up, and I love that Joel was singing :D Love the rock walls on the excursion too - they're so much more intense than the usual ones, and it's fun to see our sims climb them. Lovely shots of Mt. Komorebi at the top, and nice of Joel and Cale to be able to open up to each other. Do we know the sim that Joel was gonna marry? Just wondering if she's made an appearance in your game before haha.

Aw, the classic mountain top high five! Nothing will ever top that one with Josh and Essa though with the moon perfectly lined up with their hands <3 Cute they're telling jokes too :) Love your tradition of having sims build snowpals and make snow angels on the top of Mt. Komorebi too. Nice idea to put a little house up there, I've also toyed with the idea of building something up there since there's a lot of space and it is an editable lot. Very cool that will be there every time you do the excursion now. Cute to have them cook together too! Having a proper cabin up there makes it nice little destination spot and you could technically spend a few days there now as long as you don't leave the lot! What a memorable excursion!

@afai1261
    Aw, so cute Hunter came and gave him a gift, even though it was kind of a lame gift lol. But I bet Aaron is gonna cherish that apple anyway :D He's making good progress on those skills - that rock climbing one is so terrible to build. I feel like that's all Robin does lol. Aaron really is so ripped, wow! I wonder what Robin looks like under her skin overlay haha. She's probably getting quite toned too, I'll have to check next time I'm in game. Also Robin and Aimi couldn't make out/woohoo in the hot springs last time I tried either, wonder what's up with that...

Yoshi is so cute. Love seeing him in your updates. Aaron is slowly but surely making progress on that rock climbing skill! I bet you'll be able to get him to do the excursion before the end of the month. I think sims with level 6 skill are still able to be successful, so that might be a good goal to get to. The mountain excursion is never as hard I think it's gonna be, and I'm pretty sure I've never done it with a sim who has maxed out their rock climbing skill. Haha, love that he's being goofy with that book :D I like your version of Caleb too! He has a makeover in my game as well :)

Ah, New Zealand, makes sense now!

@RememberJoy
    My unexpected teen pregnancy baby ended up being such a special part of my challenge since she was around for so much of it last year - so if Adam's baby ends up being a big part of his life, I'm excited to see all the adventures he'll take his kid on with him <3 I have left my setting for risky woohoo and teen pregnancy, but with Robin in a relationship with a girl, I haven't had to worry about any unexpected pregnancies haha.

@Shadami
    Really pretty daily pic! Velma is making good progress on her SE aspirations! Velma really is crushing hard on that bartender. Hopefully she won't get her heart broken too badly. Love that so many challenge sims are showing up in your game too! I have Velma in my game, but she has yet to show up. Hopefully soon!

@Carebear92
    Does Savannah have rock climbing gear? That's one thing I suggest spending her money on. Other than that, as long as she has the essentials in her home, it's really up to you :) I have Robin buy simmi capsules every now and then since when you get a rarer one, they end up giving her a nice profit.

@miss_eulenauge Aw poor Lucy :(

--

Sorry, these comments might have a lot of typos, I was all over the place with them haha
    @SoulGal7
    What a great update with almost all of the challenge Sims! Wonder why Robin showed up in her bathing suit though. hehe Oh geez, I have a feeling I know why Adam is trying to drink his sorrows away. o.O Cool Dylan became good friends with both Cale and DJ. :) hehe Aldo, trying to impress the ladies Dude? ;) Aww Cale, ah well. Uh, nice try Velma, don't blame you for trying, Dylan's gorgeous. But he has a girlfriend. Oh geez, yeah, he hates Japanese music. o.O HAHA! Uh, sorry for laughing Cale, but the look on your face. What're you doing Dude? No excuse for that. Wow... Oh dear, Kenzie too? Dang... Hmm, I don't know, almost looks more like Kaori is looking to the side away from him, but Kyoshi is definitely staring at her. Nice of Robin to change the station so Cale isn't so tense. Thanks Robin! Go home Cale! hehe Oh hey, thanks for the creme cola Dylan! Whoa Dylan, go you! Uh oh, doesn't look like Kaori's Grandpa approves of what you just did Dylan.

Gorgeous daily post pic with Dylan holding a ski, sun in the background, very pretty! In fact a lot of gorgeous shots of Dylan skiing. Congrats to him for completing the Expert slope and the milestone task as a result! Go Dylan! I have a feeling he's going to be in shock when he finds out who Kaori's Grandpa just happens to be. o.O Oh boy...

Oh yeah, he and Kenzie got on like a house on fire! We'll see if it lasts or rekindles in the future. ;) Eh, well see, I have a big problem when I make Sims, especially males. They do end up looking very similar. I guess I have a type? I try to make them look different, but they never do. *sigh* Love Joel, he's almost always so good and cheerful. I bet you're one of just a few that know which group recorded the song those lyrics came from. Am I right? Yes, Cale did climb courageously. I have a feeling that's why he was acting like a hot dog, being so brave. :) Thanks for the Congrats, they both earned the gold in my opinion. Too bad not all teammates get the plaque.

Oh yeah, clearly they ARE snow Bros. :) HAHA! Oh man, I never even thought of that, you're right! Poor snowpal or wicked snowpal of the west? ;) I'm very happy with how the remodel of Cale's cabin for the mountain top turned out. Very cozy with that fireplace, it's one of my favorites. Yep, Cale has a loving family now, at least a honorary family anyway. :) Thanks about the sunset/evening pics, I love them too. hehe Yeah, two Bros snoring away. Let's just hope they don't wake each other up!

@LegacySims2017
    Cale was having the time of his life on Croft Falls, he was scaring me, but I wasn't really that worried, much. He made it to Level 10 in Rock Climbing on Croft Falls and he was already Level 10 in Fitness, so there was minimal chance that he'd fall. Hmm, I'm not sure exactly how long it took to get to the top. They left the Onsen around 4-4:30 a.m. By the time they got there, the sun was high in the sky. I'm guessing it was around Noon or a little more. So it took around 7-9 hours? Maybe? They stayed up there though the rest of the day until just after the sun set.

I bet it was fun. Good idea putting Caitlin and her parents in a house. Perhaps she'll show up more that way. :) Cool they will have a story. Curious to see how it goes with these two.

@afai1261
    Oh I love this! Perfect! Wonderful seeing Aaron so confident in his climbing abilities, spending some loving moments with Hunter and with Yoshi. So cute how he got all playful and gave Hunter a passionate kiss! Hi Kenzie and DJ! hehe Still playful I see with the woo hoo bush! ;) Caleb! Tsk, such a voyeur, sheesh! hehe

Thanks about the excursion! It was so fun with these two. Made me chuckle seeing Joel up there singing while Cale slept. I just had to find some kind of 'morning' song for him to be singing. The Beatles never let me down. :) I'm excited for Aaron and Hunter to make the climb too! :) Oh yes, I thought it was perfect too. Cale needs a BFF Big Bro like Joel. Thankfully Joel stepped up to the task willingly. These two just seem to click. Makes me happy. :)

@permanentrose
    Great screenshots of Robin climbing the walls. Go Robin! Beautiful shots of she and Aimi cuddling too. Hmmm, someone else you say? Well that's interesting. Be curious to see if she does end up with someone else or not.

Those walls are scary! Especially Croft Falls. o.O Yes, they're becoming the best of friends now. I would imagine doing a climb like that would tend to make them closer. And of course, very trusting of each other. No, just some Sim. I tried to think of who it could be, but decided to just leave it a mystery. :) Thanks, yeah, that screenshot was my favorite of the entire year! I doubt anything can top that for sentimental reasons. :) Did you like the joke? I know it was lame, but I had fun making it up. hehe I have some ideas for the cabin in the future. Some vague ideas really. but it'll be fun if some of them pan out! ;)
    (Doing my daily comments a tad early tonight. Getting prepped to do my catch-up daily images, so want to get this part out of the way. :smile:)

January 23rd Comments:

@Karababy52
    Aww, I like the bromance moments between Cale and Joel. I read in other spots that there's quite a few hidden places you can build stuff that's not on the map. I like the duped shack.

@afai1261
    Did Aaron adopt Yoshi? And :joy: at the end with the spying eyes.
    It will definitely be interesting between D.J. and Caitlin with her Aspiration. We'll have to watch and see.

@permanentrose
    Aww, climbing and then cuddles. Uh oh. Is Robin going to make Aimi a bit jealous then...maybe...perhaps? lol

@SoulGal7
    Go, Dylan! Congrats on feeling like a Certified Ripper. I didn't know about the skis with the gondola. That is pretty neat.

@Shadami
    Vlad a super fan of Velma. Funny. I bet he has alternative motives, though. :wink:

@Carebear92
    It really depends on how you want to move forward with Savannah. D.J. has the trait of Loves Outdoors. So, he's most likely just going to save his part time job simoleons. Plus I have ideas and plans for when he heads to Windenburg next month. So he needs to save all the money he can. But what do you want for Savannah? Invest her simoleons into a hobby maybe? Or use it to make more simoleons....like a garden or something of that nature?
    Savannah and Kiyoshi really make a cute couple.

@RememberJoy
    Was fun to see children taking Adam's yoga classes. Thankfully, Kaori's grandmother didn't show up.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 23: ""Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt...""

qT31YtT.png

Notes
    1j1vxuE.png
    "Got any big plans now?"
    "Not really. I might try skiing more or something. Maybe see if I'm any good a snowboarding."
    "I meant today."
    "Oh, nope. Just take care of my garden I guess. Unless you have a better idea."
    "I was thinking it might be fun to go for a hike in the bamboo forest. It's another beautiful day, why waste it inside?"
    "Okay, sure. The garden can wait."

vntNHQq.png
    "Ever hiked these trails before?"
    "Yeah, a couple times, but not for awhile. Last time I did, it wasn't all that fun."
    "Oh? Why not?"
    "Eh, well, it's a long story."
    "Telling stories, chatting, it's what you do when hiking. Maybe you'd like to tell me while we walk."

SPuRYPC.png
    "...and the next thing I know, she turned me into a gnome! Can you believe it? I guess I deserved it."
    "Oh yeah, I believe it. You don't want to mess with L."
    "You know her too?"

XwCgNGA.png
    "Oh yeah, she and Essa are very close. L. took care of her when she was a baby. She calls her Mom."
    "Oh that's just great! Now Essa probably won't like me if L. tells her."
    "Nah, it'll be okay. You apologized. Essa's very forgiving."

mlPKp2x.png
    The two kept chatting and laughing together as they walked until they came upon the old graves along the trail of the ancestors of the locals. Joel stopped at two in particular that looked newer than the rest and got a bit teared up looking at them.

sNjgyDA.png
    "Are you okay? Do you know who these people were or something?"
    "There's no one buried here. It's just markers Josh, Jon and I put here as a memorial to our parents. After a decade passed we realized they must've died in the jungle. We don't know that for sure, but it's pretty much a given by now. Since we couldn't actually bury them, we did this to honor them instead. I just...get a bit emotional whenever I come here, but it's a good thing. It's somewhere to go and think about them and everything they meant to us. Sometimes...I talk to them."
    "Oh, I'm sorry. I had no idea. You know, maybe I should do something like that for my Mom."
    "If you think it's something you'd like to do, yes. It might help you deal with things."
    "I'll think about it."
    "Okay, well, anyway. I should go home. I'll see you later little Bro. Keep in touch, okay? Let me know how you're doing and if you need help with anything, anything at all, you know I'll help you, if I can."
    "I know you will, and the same goes for me too! See you soon."

GhTYXHo.png
    Cale went home finally and took care of his garden, had some dinner and was just puttering around thinking about everything when Kenzie called. He invited her to come over and hang out, maybe watch a movie together or something. She agreed and within minutes was knocking at his door.

EAqceYk.png
    They relaxed on his bed watching a romantic movie and chatting about Cale's mountain excursion with Joel. When the movie ended, Cale got up to turn off the TV and sat on the loveseat. Kenzie joined him, she smiled, then leaned over and kissed him.

UPKPwdq.png
    One thing led to another and they shared a very intimate moment there before he asked her to spend the night. She agreed by looking deeply into his eyes. They said all he needed to know. Cale stood up and simply held out his hand. She took it, never looking away as he led her to his bed.

dEho9OJ.png
    It was the perfect ending for a perfect weekend.

1KUvNEb.png
    Cale crept out of bed the next morning, trying not to wake Kenzie and grabbed something to eat. Looking quite smug with yourself Cale. I guess you have good reason for it.
    (Ohhh Yeahhh!)

gKeYbof.png
    Kenzie interrupted his thoughts when she opened his bedroom door and started to walk by him on her way to the bathroom. She had a weird look on her face.
    (Uh oh, did I do something wrong?)

"Good morning gorgeous, did you sleep well? Everything okay?"
    "Very well, yes, you wore me out. Not complaining though." She said with a smirk.
    "I am curious about something though."
    "Yeah? What's that?"
    "Who are all those girls in the photos hanging on your bedroom wall?"
    (Dangit! Why'd I hang those there?)
    (Too late now. Better think of something. Quick!)
    "Oh, them, just some good friends of mine. That's all."
    "You must be very close to them."
    "Yeah, like I said 'good' friends."
    "Hmm, okay, well is it alright if I use your shower?"
    "Of course, go for it. I'll have some breakfast waiting for you when you're finished."
    "Cool, I'm starving!"

hdmTxn0.png
    After breakfast, Kenzie said she had to go. It was a school day and she had a test today that couldn't be skipped. She told him she needed to keep her grades up or her parents wouldn't let her stay with the other kids in the rental house anymore.
    "I'll miss you. I'll be thinking about you. I'm so glad you came over."
    "Me too. Bye for now, I hope we can get together again very soon. Maybe go rock climbing together or...something."
    "I want that too, sure. You're very special to me Kenzie... I...I'll call you, I promise."
    "I'll be waiting, bye Cale."

UpgPjYo.png
    (Wow, I can't believe she bought that.)
    Bought what? That you think she's special or that those girls in the photos are just good friends?
    (The last part. She is very special to me, I feel bad for lying to her, but...)
    No explanation needed Cale. Probably should put those photos away though.

MXUwG2z.png
    After Kenzie left, Cale decided to go for another walk on the trails behind his house. This time, he went to the Temple and made a wish to place on the wishing board.
    (Hope it comes true.)

Lg054uw.png
    What did you wish?
    (If I told you, it wouldn't come true, right?)
    Oh well, yes, how silly of me.

Gu1XXbk.png
    Cale was feeling playful and decided to make another Snowpal. He's really not very good at it is he? It looks like he doesn't care though. The Dude is on cloud nine today.

lyx7wXH.png
    He intended to go home since it was getting late, but took only two steps before he slipped on the ice and fell.
    (Ouch! Dangit!)
    He got up, brushed himself off and walked a little more carefully this time. But...

uGKkAzd.png
    He fell again not very far away.

afynAiq.png
    And again! Gah! Are you okay Cale?

OHJ4erG.png
    (NO! I'm not okay, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not!)
    He got a mood swing and is feeling rebellious. What does a hormonal teenage boy do when they're feeling rebellious?

cag3iRr.png
    Take a selfie showing off your muscles to send to a girl, of course. What else would he do? hehe

i10jCKW.png
    Cale didn't fall again and made it home safely after that. On the way there, he ran into another Kodama in the same place as the other one he'd encountered. However, this one blessed him instead of cursing him and put him in a very inspired mood as evidenced by the daily post pic for this update.

I was hoping Cale would encounter some 'wild animals' while out hiking for the aspiration, but he didn't get attacked at all. Oh well, hopefully next time...
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my January 23rd post above! Comments/replies will have to wait until tomorrow. I stayed up way too late. o.O Have a great day/night everyone! <3
    edited April 2023
    January 24
    QWy4Hq1z_o.jpg
    Aaron cursed as his fingers failed to find a good hold on the rock wall and slipped slightly, though not enough so that he completely fell off the wall. He took a deep breath, steeled his resolve, and searched for another rock to grip. Maybe he needed to invest in some new climbing gear... He reached up, found another hold, and yelled as he tried to pull himself up but failed. He crashed to the ground, winded, and stared up at the bright blue sky for a moment, his ego bruised and his head cloudy. It was a pity Hunter wasn't there - his boyfriend would surely have had some words of encouragement or maybe something more for him. He grimaced as he stood, taking note of the fact that he had definitely injured himself. Aaron idly wondered if he could convince Hunter to give him a massage. He returned back home and fell into bed, exhausted and perhaps a little feverish.

He called in sick to school the next day, feeling nauseous and just plain awful, but still forced himself to get up and do some painting. Hunter arrived just as Aaron threw up while at his easel.
    Aaron stared at the easel uncomprehendingly for a moment, frowning. Had he heard something other than the sound of his own retching? Then Hunter knocked again.
    "Aaron?" Hunter entered the house. Aaron looked at him and rubbed his eyes. He realised he must have been even more pale than he usually was, because Hunter instantly told him to go back to bed. "Okay, I'm going to just say it: you look like crap, Aaron."
    "Gee, thanks. Feel like it too," Aaron replied, rubbing his temples. "Sorry," Hunter whispered as he pulled Aaron into a hug, then pushed him over to the bed. "Sleep."
    "I'm fine-"
    "No, you're clearly not. And I'm going to stay here until you get some sleep." He caressed Aaron's cheek, then moved as if to scoop Aaron up in his arms and deposit him on the bed (ignoring of course that Aaron should have been much heavier than him with all that muscle, but vampiric strength, am I right?). Aaron was about to retort with "Shouldn't you be in school?" but the lure of going back to sleep won and he had no choice but to obey.

By that evening, he was feeling much better. He went back out to the wall that had defeated him the day before and climbed it with ease. "Take that, wall," he muttered. He returned home, made some fruit salad and studied from a book about rock climbing before crawling back into his nice new bed (yes, a house renovation had happened and it was awesome). It was comfortable, but it was also a Murphy bed. He remembered what Hunter had said about preferring to fight a Murphy bed over a vending machine and hoped he was right if the bed ever decided to crush him... But if he had survived being squished by vending machines twice before, surely he could survive a bed, right?

The next day was Love Day. Aaron spent the morning working on another painting, which turned out to be yet another masterpiece, his most valuable one yet. After lunch, he went out to see Hunter and invited him on a date to the park. It would have been perfect, if not for the fact that Hunter's uncle seemed to think Hunter needed a chaperone in every aspect of his life, ignoring that before Hunter had moved to Mt Komorebi, he had been doing just fine. After the date, they went back out to the gym in Yukimatsu, where Aaron continued working out on the climbing wall. His muscles may have been getting bigger, but he felt like he was getting nowhere closer to being able to take on the mountain. He bade Hunter goodnight and went back home to put his bed down and go to sleep.

And then the inevitable happened. "Oh, no..." he groaned when he realised that the bed was stuck. Maybe it had been a mistake to put it up... "Ah poop*, here we go again..." He gritted his teeth and made to pull it down, having horrid flashbacks to the vending machine as he did so.

:star:Pain:star: . That was it. The bed knocked him to the floor, hard. For the second time that week, he was injured and as he lay there not daring to move, he thought about what Hunter had said once, asking about what was going to try kill him next. Now he knew that answer to that one. A Murphy bed, apparently. He tried to compare the pain of being crushed by a vending machine and the pain of being crushed by a Murphy bed and concluded that they were both awful and he needed to not put his bed up ever again. He just counted himself lucky that he hadn't had to push the bed off himself with his legs...

*Something stronger than 'poop', obviously :joy:
    ~~~
    Still climbing, no surprises there...
    CkpVQVU.png

And of course he did indeed fall and hurt himself again
    YhrtsYT.png

Poor guy actually did get sick!
    dGlPErD.png
    zGewTIt.png

House reno :smiley: I later moved the bookshelf to be next to his desk and changed the colour so it matched the bed as in the daily pic :)
    ODQzjHK.png

And here's his new bed, big enough for two ;)
    GoMrPo1.png

So I knew he had a fever, but then this happened and I was like OH
    WrVWW7n.png
    2IKXQiW.png

Hunter arrived right at that exact second that I heard Aaron vomiting and I was like wow he's psychic :joy: I mean he should actually be at school but nahhhhhh lol
    8DDXbNY.png
    5sxAJNf.png
    And now thinking about it I actually should have had Hunter give Aaron a massage but I only thought of it as I was writing it up, RIP :D

Date at the park, plus chaperone lol. Morgan just does not leave these two alone when they're in public!
    QWoru2g.png
    CQlTuH4.png
    KpNBnUn.png

And I just had to do this :joy:
    PMLg0Ho.png
    gOlNPYK.png

Yes, more rock climbing pictures. Are you tired of these yet? :tongue:
    K53vQHC.png
    eqi5TGA.png

:neutral: Yep. I think I made a mistake giving him a Murphy bed... but I love the design and colours and everything else about it
    Maybe it'll just have to never be in couch mode lol
    rKMKwMB.png
    sl6IfmW.png
    K8XVh8e.png
    0XakAfk.png
    This poor guy has been crushed by things so many times :joy:

Post edited by afai1261 on
    January 24

3QDy6a1.jpg?1
    Robin finally made it to level 8 rock climbing (no pics, I'm so sick of seeing her rock climb and I'm sure you all are too :D). However, I did spot Savannah out braving the elements. @Carebear92
    OKVF0aM.jpg

Level 8 rock climbing seems more than adequate to me for this excursion, and because I want to make sure I have time to finish this aspiration, I decided just to go for it.

Before embarking on her journey though, she got a last minute grocery delivery with a few essential items for the trip. Dylan decided to hang around this time, first to eat her last grilled cheese sandwich. @SoulGal7
    kSiGqye.png

And then to brush Pepper.
    wiyvCvP.png

In the morning, she met Aimi at the Onsen and they headed for the first mile marker to begin their excursion. (The first time I did the mountain excursion, I accidentally brought a cat, a dog, and a toddler along lol, so I knew it was possible for pets to tag along, which is why I brought Pepper. I found this cute CC coat for her too that I've been so excited to use <3)
    vZHwmWA.jpg

Much like @Karababy52's excursion, they started out with inclement weather, which made it the logical choice for them to rest first. (I found Pepper a CC doggie tent too and was very excited about that too!)
    G1Mlb18.png
    KAewj9j.jpg

Well, someone got sprayed by skunk (those darn potty bushes haha), but at least brushing her out works to get her clean.
    1EuSrDe.png

I can't be too mad about those potty bushes though. They do come in handy ;)
    0MYLnec.jpg

The weather began to clear, and they were on their way once more.
    k27VnY1.jpg

"Here's the next marker," Aimi pointed out. "We're making good progress!"
    Wxap8Ui.png

As evening approached, the weather got a bit dicey again. Robin stopped to eat a protein bar. Aimi obviously thinks she looks cute doing just about anything haha.
    OOA2ifC.png

The lit a bonfire they found nearby and snuggled up for a bit, thawing a bit as the conditions only got colder.
    HWFIeJR.jpg

"Thanks for coming with me," Aimi told Robin, tugging her closer. "It's been a family tradition for a long time to climb Mt. Komorebi, and I'm glad I get to share this part of my life with you."
    VHGJB97.png

--
    Since I took so many screenshots, I decided I'd split this excursion into two updates, so part 2 is coming tomorrow!
    edited January 2022
    It's almost 1am for me now (just played the mountain excursion lol) so comments will be (very) later today (or tomorrow for most of you I'm guessing ;) )
    @LegacySims2017
    I do too! I'm glad Cale has a male 'Father' figure that isn't toxic that he can look up to and help him with his issues if need be. Yes, a lot of the hidden places do have a lot we can build on if we choose to do so. Love it!

Thanks about the remodeled shack. I realized afterward looking at the screenshots I messed up the roof, but oh well. Can't do anything about it now until someone else I control climbs up there. That's the only bummer about it. Make sure it's exactly like you want it because once you leave the mountaintop, you can't just go back to it in manage worlds. It's a bummer, but oh well. I guess that just makes it more special. :)

@afai1261
    Aww man, poor Aaron! The wall defeated him, his body defeated him, the BED defeated him. He just can't win! To top it off, Morgyn follows him around with Hunter. Sheesh! Love, love, LOVE that you had Aaron do the seduce move on Hunter. hehe Hilarious! Thanks so much for including those screenshots. I was hoping that you would. :)

By the way, when I first saw that screenshot of Aaron after being crushed by the bed, I thought to myself 'Oh No! He's dead!' So glad I was wrong. Last year permanent's challenge Sim actually DID die that way, I think. Jules actually died something like three times, but she didn't save, of course. I wouldn't have either. :)

Great job on the remodel/update of Aaron's house. It's progressing very nicely! :)

@permanentrose
    hehe Dylan's funny eating her last grilled cheese, but hey, at least he made up for it by brushing Pepper. ;) Very cool Pepper went with Robin and Aimi on the mountain excursion. Cute coat and tent for her too. Bet you're glad you have that mod so brushing gets pets clean! Poor Pepper getting sprayed by a skunk! Aww, cuddling by the fire. Never thought to do that when Josh and Essa climbed the mountain, twice! o.O What was I thinking? They did use the cave though. hehe Yeah, it's tough to tell the story of climbing the mountain in just one update, hence the reason I split mine into two as well. Looking forward to Part Two! :)
    edited January 2022
    Hi All: Sorry a bit picture heavy...but we have drama! lol

Jan 20 - Dinner at Kaori's House

dylan-arrival.png
    After a fantastic morning skiing, I finished off my homework, and read some rock climbing books. I then showered and changed into my best outfit. I thought I looked rather good. I headed to town to take the shuttle to Kaori's house and on the way, I picked up a small gift for Kaori.

he-was-ready-to-go-for-dinner-at-kaoris.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kaori lived in the Senbamachi neighborhood, but in a part I hadn't been to before. She lived at the end of her street on the river.

thank-you-for-inviting-me-for-dinner-kaori.png

Kaori answered the door, and she had on a dress and looked really nice.

Dylan: "This is for you, Kaori. Thank you for inviting me for dinner," I then handed her a rose.

Kaori: "Oh Dylan, thank you so much." Kaori explained to me the tradition of removing your shoes before entering the house, and I was thankful that I had worn socks without holes in them.

Kaori: "My Sobu (Grandmother) is grilling some food for dinner."

Dylan: "Mmmm...sounds good."

Kaori smiled: "It is such nice weather and we will be eating outside. My Sobu (Grandmother) is a wonderful cook."

Dylan: "We won't be drinking any Sakura tea, will we?" I asked nervously, remembering how I had felt at the restaurant.

Kaori laughed, "No...we will have green tea with dinner. Now come, I want to show you the house. Then my Sobu (Grandmother) is anxious to chat with you."

Kaori gave a tour of the house. It was a 2-storey house, with a wonderful living room with fireplace.

kaoris-house-was-so-pretty.png

beautiful-fireplace.png

Upstairs there were two bedrooms and bathrooms. One was Kaori's room, and the other was her Grandparents' room. We descended the stairs and as we did so, the front door opened.

house-tour-bedroom.png

Kaori: "Sofu (Grandfather)! You're home early! I want you to meet someone..."

As I turned and looked up at the face of Kaori's Grandfather, I had to do a double-take. Oh my plumbobs! It was the old geezer from the Hazakura Lounge who had thrown a drink in my face the very first night I was there. What was I to do? I felt like telling him off, but for Kaori's sake, I kept quiet. Maybe I should just play it cool, and hope that he wouldn't recognize me.

dylan-in-shock.png

Kaori: "Sofu, this is Dylan. He is my...um...friend...The one I told you about who has been training with Kado for the mountain excursion."

It was strange that Kaori hadn't introduced me as her boyfriend, but under the circumstances, maybe that was a good thing.

I bowed politely, "It is an honor to meet you, Mr. Nishidake..." I was sweating bullets and didn't know what would happen next.

Shigeru: "YOU! What are you doing here? Are you the delivery boy delivering groceries?" he almost bellowed at me.

YOU.png

Kaori looked at her Grandfather and then at me strangely.

i-dont-know-what-to-do-either-dylan.png

Kaori: "Sofu...this is Dylan...I invited him for dinner..."

Shigeru glared at me and before anyone had a chance to say anything further, Kaori's Grandmother came out of the kitchen.

Sachiko: "What's all the commotion about? Oh, Shigeru, you're home. How splendid. And how nice to see you again, Dylan."

I bowed to Kaori's Grandmother and said it was a pleasure to see her again.

Shigeru to Sachiko: "You KNOW this boy? How do you know him?"

entrance-not-going-well.png

Sachiko: "Oh, I met Dylan when he purchased some dango from me at the food stall. He is very polite and told me it was the best dango he had ever tasted. I met him again at the Hazakura Lounge when I brought Kaori there to listen to the piano player who Megumi Ito told me was so wonderful. As it turned out, it was Dylan, who was filling in for the entertainer who had quit. Dylan is quite talented. I am surprised that you haven't heard him play..."

very-polite.png

Shigeru: "Sachiko, you do not understand. I saw this BOY..." he spat out, "...Daizen...last night at the Hazakura Lounge...kissing our granddaughter in plain sight of everyone. It was disgraceful."

Kaori: "Sofu, it's Dylan..."

Shigeru: "Daizen...Denji...whatever his name is...he is not someone I want you to associate with...he is a BAD BOY..."

this-is-a-bad-boy.png

Sachiko cleared her throat: "Shigeru, a word..." she said and they went into the kitchen together.

shigeru-a-word.png

I looked at Kaori and thought that perhaps I should leave. I had no idea that her Grandfather was the same sim who hated me, and had also seen us kissing last night. This night was not going as I had planned.

Kaori: "Dylan, how do you know my Sofu? Did something happen between the two of you?"

maybe-that-will-work.png

Dylan: "I don't know how to tell you this, but the first night I was here, I went to the Hazakura Lounge and your Grandfather just started yelling at me, and then...um...threw a drink at me for no reason....I didn't know until tonight who he was..."

Kaori just shook her head, "Oh Dylan, my Sofu is a bartender there, and he has to deal with a lot of rude, uni students, and he has a bit of a temper...I'm so sorry that happened to you..."

I looked at Kaori: "And you didn't tell them I was your boyfriend? Why not?"

um-so-sorry-dylan-u-feel-like-just-runnng-away.png

Kaori wrung her hands together nervously and looked embarrassed, "My Sofu and Sobu are old-fashioned and think I am too young to date. They are very protective of me because of what happened to my parents. So, I told them you were my friend. I was going to tell them the truth...once we came back from the mountain excursion..."

I nodded my head, "Well, I don't think your Sofu is going to give his permission for you to go on the mountain excursion with me. He hates me, Kaori, and doesn't think very much of me right now. Maybe it would be best if I just left..."

Kaori: "No, please...don't go...my Sobu is speaking to him. It will be fine...please..."

Just then Sachiko came out of the kitchen and came up to us, "Dylan, please forgive my husband for his outburst earlier. He is not quite himself and is rather stressed from his work..."

sad-dylon.png

Dylan: "Maybe I should just leave. I don't want to cause any trouble..."

Sachiko: "Nonsense! You will stay for dinner. Shigeru will be fine. Kaori, I need you to help prepare the tea, and Dylan, maybe a game of chess with Shigeru will help his mood..."

Kaori smiled at me as she went off into the kitchen with her Grandmother. And then her Grandfather came out and glared at me. Oh geez!

GLARED-AT-ME.png

Dylan: "Mr. Nishidake...I...um...I understand that you like to play chess. Perhaps we could play a game together?"

Shigeru: "I doubt very much that you have the know-how or logic to succeed at chess."

Dylan: "Well...um...maybe you could teach me some moves...and I could get better..."

Shigeru: "I do not waste my time with amateurs. If you want to know how to play chess...then read a book...or just play..." he said as he turned his back on me and sat on the couch.

i-just-stood-there.png

At that point, I just kind of stood there, not sure what to do. I knew that Kaori's Grandfather would not allow Kaori to go on the mountain excursion with me. That was for sure. I would try to get through the evening as best as I could, and would figure out who I could go on that mountain excursion with later. But I have to say that I was really feeling sad that it wouldn't be Kaori. I was looking forward to going on the trek with her because I figured...well, we would be all alone up there on the mountain, and...I thought it would be the right time to tell her about my past. But all that has kind of changed now.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Sachiko and Kaori came out of the kitchen. Sachiko ushered us outside and we sat down together. I felt very awkward and instead of this being a social event, it seemed rather stilted.

Kaori smiled at me: "Sofu (Grandfather), I have been training with Kado on the rock climbing wall..."

sofu-kado-says-i-am-ready.png

I covered my face with my hand and tried to will Kaori to stop what I think she was going to do, "Oh gosh...no...don't ask him..."

Kaori continued, "...and Kado says that I will soon be ready to make the mountain excursion..."

Shigeru smiled at Kaori: "Kado is a respectable sim who has done the mountain excursion several times. He has always been a friend. When are you planning the trip with him? I will need to consult him on what gear you require..."

tell-me-when-and-i-will-speak-with-kado.png

Kaori looked at her Grandfather nervously, "Well, um...Kado isn't going...I was going to go with Dylan on the mountain excursion..."

kaori-face-not-happy.png

Shigeru slammed his tea cup down on the table, "THIS BOY? Preposterous! You think that I will allow you to go on a dangerous trek with someone you just met? A sim with no morals or decency? With no experience? The answer is no!"

no-the-answer-isno.png

oh-gosh-no-this-cant-be-happening.png

Kaori: "But, Sofu, Dylan has been training with Kado, too. In fact, Dylan has had many more sessions with Kado and Kado has great faith in him..."

Shigeru turned to me: "Have you done the mountain excursion before? Are you experienced to survive in weather that changes instantly? Are you logical enough to know what to do in an emergency if my granddaughter were in danger?"

you-cannot-take-her.png

I shook my head, "No, I have not done the climb before. But I have prepared everything that Kado told me to, and I will not let anything happen to Kaori on the trek. I give you my word."

no-you-cannot-go.png

Shigeru scoffed, "Your word? YOUR WORD! I saw with my own eyes the two of you last night. Do you think I was born yesterday and don't know what you're planning on that trip? I do not trust you. You are just some hot shot who cares only for himself. I will not allow anything to happen to my only granddaughter. The answer is NO, and that is final!"

you-do-not-know-what-he-did.png

Sachiko: "Enough! Shigeru, you promised me you would be tolerant..."

Kaori started to cry, "You can't protect me forever Sofu...you are being unreasonable! Dylan is not like that...and we have both trained for this trek..."

you-are-being-unreasonable.png

I just sat there and looked at Kaori's Grandparents and Kaori crying and swallowed hard, "Mr. Nishidake, I can explain about last night. Kaori was helping me with a...with a romance scene that I am studying in Drama Club, and...we had to do it in public because it helps me gain confidence in acting. You can call my Drama Instructor if you do not believe me...about what we're studying..."

i-was-practicing-some-lines.png

Kaori looked at me in surprise and dried her eyes.

Sachiko: "Oh, yes, I've heard about the Drama Club. I think it is wonderful that they are bringing theatre arts to Mt. Komorebi. Why Shigeru and I once attended the Kabuki play, Yoshitsune and the Thousand Cherry Trees It was most exciting. Do you remember that Shigeru?"

whose-sde-are-you-on.png

Shigeru grumbled that he did and cast a meaningful glance at me, "Fine, I accept your explanation of last night; however, I cannot allow you to take my granddaughter on that mountain trek with you. It is too dangerous, and you are inexperienced. Now, I have some matters I must attend to upstairs. I trust Kaori will show you out."

iu-accept-but-no.png

Sachiko got up, "Shigeru...Shigeru!" but he wasn't listening and just headed up the stairs.

Kaori, "Sobu, it is alright. I will clean up."

Dylan: "Thank you for the dinner, Mrs. Nishidake, and I do apologize for everything that happened tonight."

Sachiko: "Dylan, it was a pleasure having you here...and now I must speak to Shigeru...."

Kaori and I quietly cleaned up the dinner dishes and went into the kitchen together. Neither of us said a word, and then Kaori spoke.

Kaori: "Dylan, is it true what you told my Sofu? That...that last night you were just practicing a romance scene with me?" she asked her lower lip trembling.

u-cant-believe-he-wont-let-me-go.png

I looked into Kaori's eyes and she started to cry.

Dylan: "Oh Kaori...we are practicing romance scenes in Drama Club...but last night...oh no...last night wasn't a scene...it was such a wonderful kiss with you. I just...I just said that because I didn't want you to get in any more trouble...'

Kaori: "I just...I haven't had a boyfriend before...and...I just didn't know....My Sofu is so over-protective, and barely lets me do anything. Oh Dylan, my Sofu won't let me go on the mountain excursion with you. I don't know what to do. It's just not fair!"

hes-so-overprotective-of-me.png

I stroked her cheek tenderly, "There must be a way, Kaori...we'll find a way...maybe Kado can lead the mountain excursion and then your Grandfather won't have any objections..."

kaori-i-dont-kno-what-to-do.png

Kaori smiled then, "Yes...yes...I can ask him...that is a great idea, Dylan."

I held Kaori close to me, and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

ill-talk-to-my-grandmother-dylan.png

I broke away, "I should go...I'll see you tomorrow..." and with that, I said good night and left the house.

good-nite.png

As I walked outside, I thought about what had happened tonight and couldn't believe how terrible the night had gone.

dylan-could-believe-how-that-went.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Kaori actually invited Dylan to her house, so this is how this came about.

kaori-invited-dylan-over-to-her-house.png

Kabuki is a traditional Japanese play, "a form of traditional Japanese drama with highly stylized song, mime, and dance, now performed only by male actors, using exaggerated gestures and body movements to express emotions, and including historical plays, domestic dramas, and dance pieces." (Wiki) Read more about some of their more famous plays here.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited January 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan21.jpg
    January 21: Festival of Snow Revisited!
    It was now the day before D.J. would be taking the mountain excursion with a family he met a few weeks ago. His climbing gear finally arrived in the mail. It was a pair of sturdy gloves and boots.

Breakfast at the Lounge was D.J.'s first stop. It was his favorite Mixologist again. She must work there full time, D.J. assumed. Since it was early hours, there weren't many patrons, and the two chatted it up. D.J. told her how excited he was he was going on the excursion tomorrow. And she was thrilled for him.

The Mixologist mentioned that the festival of snow is happening again today. D.J. didn't get to do everything he wanted to last time, so he was eager to go. It wasn't until later in the afternoon, so D.J. had time to go practice his climbing first.

dj-01-133.jpg

Then it was to the Mt. Komorebi Gym's wall climbing apparatus for D.J. He felt he was almost maxed out on working on his climbing skills. There's only so much one can do.

dj-01-134.jpg

After his shower, D.J. couldn't believe how buffed he looked. He liked this look. He didn't want to be bodybuilding buff, but at least have the nice, muscled style. Caitlin seemed to notice as well.

dj-01-135.jpg

Soon, the Festival of Snow rolled around and D.J. made his way to it. He's made over 3k in simoleons from work, now. He doesn't feel as poor anymore and can buy some things from the festival. He's been enjoying the great outdoors, even if at times there were blizzards and very cold days. For some reason, he found being outdoors refreshing. He figured he could remain in his tent for at least the rest of winter. He stood at the entrance to the festival with a big smile on his face.

dj-01-137.jpg
    dj-01-136.jpg

Yamachan was at the entrance greeting everyone who entered as well. They encouraged D.J. to purchase a Festival of Snow ensemble since he was not wearing one. Yamachan pointed to one of the vending machines. The new outfit was 400 simoleons. The kimono he bought was expensive, too. But it was a nice outfit and respected the heritage of the town.

So, D.J. bought one of the festival outfits as well and donned it. Yamachan was pleased and approached D.J. for a hip bump. This also became one of D.J.'s favorite winter outfits. He loved the colors.

dj-01-138.jpg
    dj-01-139.jpg

Then, D.J. spent a little time watching a few children play on the ice spaceship sculpture.

dj-01-140.jpg

After mingling with the locals and a few tourists, D.J. started to get hungry as his stomach was growling. He went over to one of the food kiosks and asked what they recommended to try for the festival. The vendor suggested Ikayaki, fried squid. That sounded gross to D.J. but this is the time to try new things, so that is what he ordered. The lady who was also ordering told him, it was actually good once he tried it. D.J. was skeptical but was willing to try it.

D.J. sat at a table and looked at the squid. Grabbing some chopsticks, he grabbed at one of the pieces. Dipping it in the provided sauce, D.J. closes his eyes and places the squid in his mouth. It was swooshed around in his mouth before he was able to swallow it. That was different that he tasted before. He ended up not being a fan of it fried squid, but was glad he tried it, nonetheless.

dj-01-141.jpg
    dj-01-142.jpg

After chatting more with others, D.J. decided to buy a few more Simmi capsules and see what he gets. He's collected six already. These are fun souvenirs he figured, besides the two new outfits he bought.

His first capsule came out. D.J. shoved it in his pocket. He deposited again for another capsule, but the vending machine gets stuck. Grabbing the top, D.J. shakes the machine in hopes the capsule falls out. The vending machine is not cooperating, so D.J. starts to climb on it. As if that would help. He did help it fall over right on top of him.

D.J. used his newly found muscles to push the machine off of him and back upright. That was satisfactory enough to dislodge his Simmi Capsule. He wondered if he dared to try once more. He decided against it and opened the two he bought. He received a Buddy and a Medieval Grim Simmi. He already a Buddy one, so he asked around at the festival if anyone wanted to buy it. He sold it for half the price he bought it. He was okay with that. Especially when it went to a younger child he noticed.

dj-01-144.jpg
    dj-01-145.jpg
    dj-01-146.jpg
    dj-01-147.jpg
    dj-01-143.jpg

D.J.'s phone buzzed. Enele had sent him a text. It read, "Tomorrow's the big day. Meet me at my house at 6am. Bring your climbing gear." It was a little after 7pm right now.

dj-01-148.jpg

D.J spent another couple hours chatting away and admiring the scenery of the festival. Before he left, he made his mark by creating a snow angel in the middle of the festival grounds.

dj-01-149.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top