Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    edited January 2022
    Day 15 Making some simoleons
    Today after work and school, Savannah went over to the lounge to play some piano for the venue. Since her piano skill is improving she been getting $10 tips which add up quickly between this and work she be set with money in no time. She also wants to focus on her rock climbing and snowboarding skill, plus her relationship with Kioshi. Everything is a working progress for Savannah. Hopefully soon she will have everything figure out with her living situation. However she did make enough money to get a cheap shower that works off the grid.cGCWpMM.png

Table of Contents

Sorry for the short updates they be longer after Day 19 when i start typing by player play session instead of sims day.
    Day 16 Hiking
    Since Savannah had a late night from the day before, she went to work but took a vacation day from school. She took a vacation from school because she felt the need to have a day to herself. Kioshi told her about the forest spirts the can be found while hiking in the forest or up in the mountains. Savannah did just that, after splurging on critter protectant stuff in case. Savannah went up the Onsen bathhouse and went to the hiking trail. she decide to take the scenic loop, towards the end of her hike she found the forest spirits but didn't stop to and when she turned back around they were gone. Maybe next time she will stop and interact with them. DbnW8Np.png
    Table of Contents
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited January 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan18.jpg
    January 18: Press Your Luck!
    As D.J. got dressed and put his coat on to go to school, he could hear the wind blowing hard outside. As he stepped out, there was a bad blizzard taking place. He had to squint just to look to see. There was no way D.J. was going to school in this weather.

dj-01-110.jpg

Instead, D.J. changed into his skiing gear which he wore goggles to protect his eyes from the blowing snow or any snow for that matter. He made his way to the Lounge. The Mixologist who sympathized with him was working and was ready to give him his free chips, when D.J. said he wanted to order a pretzel. He was happy he could get something other than salty chips in his stomach. A pretzel seemed like a decent breakfast for now.

dj-01-111.jpg

After breakfast and chatting with the Mixologist for about an hour, cause no one else except an elder or two entered, D.J. wondered if the slopes were closed due to the blizzard. No one in their right mind would be out in a blizzard like this, besides those who have to work.

D.J. slowly made his way to the mountain with his new skis that Enele had gave him. Luckily for him, the blizzard hasn't made its way to the mountain or it was already there and worked its way down. Since he had a lot of fun the other day skiing with Enele, D.J. thought he would try one of the riskier slopes.

dj-01-112.jpg

D.J. was having the time of his life. He only fell a couple times, but not enough to sustain any injuries except a bruised tooshie.

dj-01-113.jpg
    dj-01-114.jpg
    dj-01-115.jpg

While skiing, D.J. found a pair of skis just laying around. He looked to see if there was a name on them for ownership, but could only find the brand of skis. They were X2 Icebender Skis. They looked top of the line and high end. D.J. knew someone must be looking for them. He picked them up and went to the ski shop where the ski lift was to get to the top and bottom of the mountain. The clerk behind the counter thanked D.J. and told him if no one claimed them by the end of the day, D.J. could keep them.

The blizzard at the bottom of the mountain lasted all day. D.J. hung out at the Onsen until he had to go to work at 6pm. He was so pumped at another fantastic ski trip, that he put all that energy into his work. His boss had recently overheard of D.J.'s lack of funds and saw all the hard work he has been displaying at work, that the boss wanted to help. D.J.'s boss offered him a raise and added a small bonus on top of that. D.J's night was just as good as his day.

After work, D.J. headed to the mountain. There was a new clerk at the shop, but was told about the skis he turned in. More luck was hitting D.J. No one stopped by to claim the skis, so they became the property of D.J. And if D.J.'s night couldn't get any better, the store bought used skis, snowboards, and in good condition clothing for which they resold. D.J. didn't feel right selling the ski's Enele gave him, so he upright sold the skis he found. He received 410 simoleons for them.

dj-01-116.jpg
    dj-01-117.jpg

Before heading back down the mountain to his tent and going to bed, D.J. thought he'd buy a few more Simmies to add to his collection. He was able pull Father Winter, a Golden Yamachan, and Pit Beast. Now, D.J. has six Simmies total in his collection.

dj-01-119.jpg
    dj-01-118.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited January 2022
    Jan 16 - The Festival of Light

and-it-was-over-goonight-my-love.png
    It was Friday and I was done with school. My teachers had told me that I was one of the top students in my school, and I felt pretty good about that. After Drama Club, I came home and changed into my kimono. The Festival of Light was taking place in the Senbamachi Neighborhood, and I wanted to take Kaori on a date there.

dylan-calling-kaori-for-a-date.png

When we arrived, Kaori had also worn her kimono. In fact, most of the festival goers were in kimonos. It must be a tradition. Kaori had been to the festival before and told me that I could purchase a festival kimono at the special vending machine near the food stall. I decided to purchase one and put it on. Kaori told me that I looked really good in a kimono, and I complimented her on her outfit as well.

We walked to a small bridge which spanned the water and admired the lanterns floating on the water. It really was quite a beautiful sight.

they-went-to-a-bridge-to-see-the-lanterns-on-the-water.png

We chatted with each other, but it seemed like Kaori had her own idea of what she wanted to do there.

and-kaori-had-her-opwn-idea-of-what-she-wanted-to-do-there.png

And suddenly, she took out some mistletoe, and kissed me. It rather took me by surprise. (autonomous action by Kaori)

dylan-was-just-not-expecting-this-at-all.png

She looked at me after that kiss, probably feeling much the same way as I had felt when I first kissed her.

she-looked-as-uncertain-as-I-had-when-I-had-first-kissed-her.png

And I smiled at her, because I had secretly been thinking about kissing her on that bridge, too. Maybe this time, I would do it right.

he-def-got-it-right-this-time.png

I took her in my arms then, and kissed her on the lips, and yes...it did feel very right to me. We broke apart and just smiled at each other, and then wandered back to the festival holding hands.

making-a-wish-together.png

Kaori showed me the "Tanabata Tree". She handed me a colored piece of paper (called a "tanzuku"), and told me to write a wish on it and hang it on the tree. A wishing tree. I liked that idea. The more wishes I made, the better. One of them was bound to come true, right? So Kaori and I filled out our wishes and hung them on the tree. [Note: And they get a sentiment together.]

sentiment-from-festival-of-light.png

made-a-sopecial-wish.png

when-you-wish-upon-a-festival-moodlet.png

They had a special festival food called Taiyaki. And since I had sampled the festival food at the Festival of Snow, I thought I would do the same here. "Taiyaki are fish-shaped cakes that come with a variety of fillings, both sweet and savory". I wanted to try one and opted for strawberry.

all-types-of-flavors-of-taiyaki.png

festival-food.png

Kaori and I sat together and I shared some taiyaki with her. The weather for the festival was perfect. There was a bonfire, and sims were dancing. There were even fireworks. It was all so magical, and even more magical with Kaori being there.

fireworks-at-the-festival.png

Kaori and I chatted some more and just enjoyed watching other sims pass by and were very content sitting and being together.

Kaori: "This festival is always so beautiful but it is also very sad. Will you come with me, Dylan? I want to show you something..."

this-festival-is-always-so-beautiful-but-also-very-sad.png

I nodded my head and followed her towards the hiking trails.

dykan-will-you-come-with-me-i-want-to-show-you-something.png

As I passed under the archway, I thought I had been here before.

he-had-been-here-before.png

We walked towards the temple, and stopped at the graveyard.

this-is-where-my-parents-are-dylan-they-passed-when-I-was-just-a-little-girl.png

Kaori: "Dylan, as part of the Festival of Light, sims can pay their respects to the departed. This is...this is where my parents are," she said as she looked at me in the darkness, "They perished when I was just a young girl. They both died in a car crash, and that is why I live with my grandparents..."

kaori-im-so-sorry.png

I really had not asked Kaori about her parents, and suddenly she started crying, "Oh Kaori, I'm so sorry." I said as I held her close to me.

im-so-sorry-kaori-i-have-something-to-tell-you-too.png

Kaori wiped her tears, "Sometimes, like now, I think about them and miss them. But I strive to remember the happy times, and honor their memory, and I am most grateful that I have my grandparents..."

This had been a deeply personal part of her life that she had shared with me, I decided to share something with her, too.

i-lost-my-father-too-kaori-and-I-never-knew-my-mother-we-are-like-kindred-souls-kaori.png

Dylan: "Kaori, I lost my father, too...he died...in a...in a...car accident...just before I came to Mt. Komorebi. I never knew my mother. She left shortly after I was born.,," My voice cracked and I looked away embarrassed. I had never told anyone else that before.

Kaori turned her eyes upwards to me, "There is a Japanese proverb, "Different body, same mind” she said and looked at me, "It means that we are kindred spirits, Dylan. We have both endured sadness and pain, but carry on. We may be different, but we are the same. Perhaps we were destined to meet..." she said softly.

I looked at Kaori then and thought about what she had said, "Maybe you are right, Kaori...maybe we were destined to meet..."

I kissed her then and wanted to blot out the pain of the past for both of us, thinking... "...I need you in my life, Kaori...I so need someone like you in my life..."

i-need-you-in-my-life-kaori.png

And it was true. I had never felt the way I did with Kaori. For so many years I had never let anyone get close to me, and had never experienced the tender feelings Kaori was showing me. It was rather unnerving. But would Kaori still want to be with me when she found out the truth? That I wasn't really this sim that she thought I was. I wanted to tell her...I really did...but...it would just take time for me to get up the nerve to do that. And when I did, I just hoped that she would still want to be with me. To be honest, I was scared...yes, scared that she would leave when she found out the truth. But right now, I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and protect her from all the bad things in the world...to keep her safe.

We headed down the pathway back to the festival and walked towards the bonfire.

kaori-i-i-really-like-you-alot.png

I turned to her then, "Kaori, I really like you...and I...I have to tell you something...about myself...but I need some time..."

kaori-i-have-to-tell-you-something.png

Kaori just tilted her head and looked at me, "Dylan, whatever it is, you can tell me...I will understand..."

And as we cuddled together at the bonfire, I was beginning to believe that maybe it would be alright. Maybe there was a future for me...here...in Mt. Komorebi...with Kaori. And that thought made me very happy.

cuddle-together.png

Dylan: "I wanted to ask you, Kaori, if you wanted to come on the mountain excursion with me..."

Kaori: "Oh Dylan...yes...of course...I would be honored to go with you..."

come-for-dinner-tomorrow-night-dylan-i-want-you-to-meet-my-grandfather.png

They continued to chat and Dylan suggested that perhaps they could go to the climbing gym together with Kado. And, if it was alright, Kiyoshi had also expressed an interest in training in rock climbing, so perhaps the four of them could go to the gym together. Kaori thought that was a great idea.

whatever-it-is-you-can-tell-me.png

Kaori gave me such a wonderful smile then and asked me if I would like to come to dinner at her house on Sunday night. She wanted me to meet her Sofu (Grandfather), so that he could give his permission for her to go on the trek. I thought that sounded good.

autonomous-kiss-by-kaori.png

And suddenly, Kaori turned and wrapped her arms around me and kissed me. And perhaps it was the heat from the bonfire, but that kiss...that kiss...well, I felt that maybe my wish really would come true. (autonomous kiss by Kaori).

The festival was over, and I gave Kaori a sweet kiss on her cheek and wished her a good night.

good-night-kaori-sweet-dreams.png

And, of course, Dylan had another legendary date with Kaori.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Kaori has the romantic trait and did a few autonomous, romantic actions during the date.

Japanese quotes website and meanings.

Level 1 of the Serial Romantic & Soulmate Aspiration - Amore Amateur - done :)
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Karababy52 =
    Day 19 = Yeah, the writer has returned! I know you wanted to keep your updates shorter this year, but this more in-depth backstory was worth it. Oh man, Cale...so, so sad. And that step-father...he was a piece of work. Glad he met Joel and is getting some much-needed help and advice from someone who knows what it's like to be faced with a dilemma in their life. Can we find someone special for Joel? He is such a wonderful big brother to Josh, Jon, and now adoptee Cale...yeah...Joel deserves someone to love. :)
    edited January 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan19.jpg
    January 19: No Pain, No Gain!
    D.J. was still feeling pumped after all the good things that happened to him yesterday. Today was going to be a laid-back day for him except for his wall climbing workout. He first went to the Lounge for some breakfast. Then it was off to school. He's an A student, so he was easily able to pick up what he missed yesterday when he took the day off because of the blizzard.

dj-01-120.jpg

After school, he made his way to the Mt. Komorebi Gym. He wanted to push himself to the limits as the mountain excursion is just a few days away. He set the machine on its highest level and then started the climb. The wall was moving down fast...really fast. He did his best to keep up. He wasn't going to let the machine win. But it did. D.J. fell off on his back with a loud *thump*.

dj-01-121.jpg

To the showers D.J. went before work. The blasted shower didn't help his back pain.

dj-01-122.jpg

As D.J. was about to turn the corner in the gym, he spied Enele and his wife Nawai sitting talking to each other. D.J. wondered if they were all working out at the same time. He never thought of working on the weight machines.

D.J. had to get ready for work or he would have made his entrance to talk to Enele and Nawai. He wanted to share how excited he was for Sunday to come around.

dj-01-123.jpg

At work, a customer approached D.J. who was helping with the exchanges and refunds. They wanted to return an item but didn't have their receipt. There was a clear sign nearby that read, "No Receipt, No Return". The customer already looked depressed. D.J. wanted to do the right thing and do the refund, but he spied his boss a few feet away. His boss had just given him a raise and a bonus. D.J. sadly told the customer he wouldn't be able to do the refund without a receipt but they could have store credit instead.

D.J. wondered if having a rough day today balanced out him having a fantastic one yesterday!

dj-01-124.jpg
    dj-01-125.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 20: "When you meet someone special, you'll know. Your heart will beat more rapidly and you'll smile for no reason."

XU2pca3.png

Notes
    TD2ap0p.png
    After meeting with Joel, Cale went home and had a workout on the punching bag. He was determined to be in the best physical shape possible for their climb to the top of the mountain. With a bit of time and the help of a moodlet solver, he finally reached the pinnacle of fitness, Level 10!

He'd read all the skill books on rock climbing he'd bought and learned all he could from them. He'd need to do some actual rock climbing now if he wanted to reach Level 10. After tending to his garden, having a bite to eat and paying the bills, Cale headed to the mountain to climb the medium walls there.

eFWm28b.png
    However, there was a change of plans when he got to the Onsen and I saw Kenzie in the hot springs! All by herself, but not for long...

W1Cc3Wm.png
    "Hey, I'm Cale, I haven't seen you here before. Are you on vacation or something?"
    "Hey, I'm Kenzie. Nah, I live here with a bunch of other kids. I just don't get out much. I tried rock climbing today though and fell a couple times. One of my housemates suggested I soak in the Onsen, he's here somewhere."

q56avpe.png
    "Rock climbing, I love that! I'm here to go do that too. I'm climbing to the top soon with my big brother."
    "You're going to climb to the top? Wow, that's cool. Don't know if I could do that. Maybe..."

Ct1kDZg.png
    "I bet you could. You just need some practice...or a mentor. I could help you if you want?"
    "Yeah? Thanks, maybe I'll take you up on that."
    "Cool."

5c80VqM.png
    Cale and Kenzie had a great time together, talking about rock climbing, skiing and snowboarding among other things. After awhile they both realized they'd been sitting in the hot springs for a couple hours.
    "Gawd, I'm starting to look like a prune! I better get out of here."
    "A very cute prune though."
    "hehe You're hilarious! Wrinkles aren't cute."
    "They are on you."
    "If you say so, I'm getting out. Nice meeting you Cale, maybe we'll see each other again and do some rock climbing."
    "Sounds great."

Kenzie got out of the hot springs with Cale following her with his eyes.
    (Dude, why are you just sitting there, you didn't even get her number!)
    (Dangit!)
    "Hey Kenzie, wait up!"

4tDB2p9.png
    "Could I have your number? I'll give you mine too. You know, so we can set up a date to go climbing, and...well, I just want to see you again. I like you...a lot."
    "I like you too Cale. I don't have my cell with me though. It's in the changing room. Stay right here. I'll be right back."

Kenzie again walked away with Cale smiling from ear to ear.
    (Are you just going to stand there again? Come on Dude, you disappoint me, follow her.)

jMWhiCw.png
    Cale found Kenzie just about to open a closet where he assumed she'd stored her clothes. He was feeling frisky and bold and took a chance she wouldn't slap him for what he was about to do.
    "I couldn't wait, I just kept thinking about wanting to kiss you, I hope you want to kiss me too."

He didn't give her a chance to say no.

atmQljN.png
    Thankfully it didn't matter, she kissed him back just as eagerly as he was kissing her.

cXzVqF3.png
    Apparently Kenzie wanted more than just one kiss. She pushed him against the closet door and things started getting very amorous between the two of them.

56JfWZu.png
    One thing led to another and they found themselves in the closet.

zZq429c.png
    After messing around in there for awhile, Kenzie suddenly pulled away and jumped out of the closet. She just stood there with a slight smile on her face though.
    "Everything okay?"
    "Mmm, yeah, you could say that. But I better go shower. Wait for me?"
    "Yeah, I'll wait."
    (Forever, Wow, she's something special.)

ICIoXVZ.png
    A little while later Kenzie walked back into the locker room fully dressed now in a cute snow suit. Cale could finally see her beautiful eyes.
    "Look at you, you're gorgeous, those eyes...I knew you were beautiful, but your eyes sparkle like sun rays shining on newly grown spring leaves."
    "Where did you learn to talk like that? You're such a sweet talker Cale."
    "I don't know, you just bring it out in me."

VWRimvQ.png
    "I can't wait to see you again, do you feel it Kenzie? I think we could be something special together."

mXIBSsp.png
    "Yes., I do."

xk019Vm.png
    BBF1Ezp.png
    Meanwhile, Kenzie's housemate is just soaking away in the hot springs without a clue what's been going on inside. Hi Dylan!

NHxCoae.png
    Kenzie had to leave after that. But they did remember to exchange numbers so they could keep in contact. Cale grabbed a bite to eat, but after a few minutes, realized he'd not taken even one bite of it and was lost in thought thinking about the girl with the pale green eyes he'd just met.
    (What's the matter with you? She's just another girl.) He thought, lightly slapping his face to wake himself up from his trance.

Kj56snk.png
    But somehow he knew she wasn't just another girl. She was special, he couldn't stop thinking about her as he ran toward the climbing walls.

bQCUgYI.png
    Once he reached the foot of them his cell buzzed. Kenzie had sent him a text wishing him good luck on the mountain and that she'd be thinking about him.
    (I'll be thinking about you too Kenzie.)

fpkRqr1.png
    Cale had a great session on the walls, reaching 75% of Level 9. Unfortunately, he fell at that point and hurt himself. It would have to be good enough though since he and Joel planned to climb the mountain tomorrow.

4oHpBbQ.png
    Cale went back to the Onsen and had a soak to soothe his aching muscles, bumps and bruises from the fall. He went home after that and dreamed about the mountain...and Kenzie.

J5xEwak.png
    There really is something special about Kenzie for Cale. He never got any sentiments for the other girls he met, but he's Deeply Connected to Kenzie and she with him, and look at that, they're Soulmates! That didn't happen either, Morrigan and he are Lovers and he's Sweethearts with Robin. Also, I'm sorry to tell you this, but he finds both Robin and Morrigan 'Basic' while he finds Kenzie 'Extremely Attractive.' Who knows, maybe she's 'The one.' We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    I apologize for the double post, but wanted to let y'all know I made a few slight changes to my post above, just some typos and grammatical errors. I was in a hurry to get it posted. o.O Anyway, I'll also have to wait on posting comments/replies until tomorrow morning. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    January 20th Comments:

@afai1261
    Aaron is taking after @SoulGal7 's Dylan with swiping things now. :joy: Oh, wait until he starts wearing his boots in the Onsen! :lol: I've had it happen to me and so has @Karababy52 !
    I ended up putting a before and after D.J. into CAS side by side. He definitely has a body transformation. Will they stick with it when they leave Mt. Komorebi? We shall see.

@permanentrose
    Was the gym trait a teenager hangout spot? Was fun to see all of them there. Laughed at D.J. being chatty. Bow chicka wow wow with Robin and Aimi. :naughty:

@Karababy52
    I noticed my screenshot images are much clearer and crisper with my new computer. I like it.

I figured D.J. could take his tent with him and after he builds a basic greenhouse, maybe put a bed in there and sell the tent. He can live amongst the plants and trees. :grin:
    I'm wondering Cale should be doing the 100 Bae Challenge instead. :joy: Things were heating up there between him and Kenzie.

@Carebear92
    Wow, Savannah is awesome at snowboarding. Love the snowpal she made afterwards.
    I can already see it...when Savannah is brave enough to do the mountain excursion, she'll take Kioshi with her. :blush:
    Bummer about the forest spirits. Hopefully she sees more again. I had trouble finding them when D.J. went on his hikes. After a long day of hiking, he finally came upon a few after the sun went down.

@RememberJoy
    Ouch! Poor Adam. That's a back killer. I'm sure Kaori helped sooth it later that night with her "other plans". :lol: Glad to see Adam using the dumpsters to find stuff other than food.

@SoulGal7
    Cue the song, "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" with Dylan and Kaori. :blush:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjgWWjkNbhU
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited January 2022
    D8Izesv.png
    january 20th

still no story blog post to go with it.Could not find the time today :]

Blog post finally
    Post edited by Shadami on
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    January 21
    *This update is going to cover a very long play session, so it'll be a long one :sweat_smile: I also really need to get into gear and get Aaron's rock climbing skill way higher than it is right now or I don't know how he's going to be able to do the excursion by the end of the month, whoops. I play ahead and take way too many screenshots, and a lot happened that I want to mention (so it was hard to decide what to cut). So I'm very sorry in advance if it's boring or too long!
    dyoiJwyI_o.jpg
    Hunter stared at Aaron. "How do you know my uncle?" he queried, frowning.
    "I was at the lounge before school, had stolen someone's drink-" Hunter laughed slightly at this- "had had my free chips for breakfast and your uncle appeared at the bar," Aaron shrugged. "We didn't even get to the name stage before I realised I had to go to school."
    Morgan nodded, confirming Aaron's account of that morning so long ago.
    "I didn't even have a house or garden back then," Aaron said with a laugh.
    "Huh..." was Hunter's contribution. "Where were we before my uncle so rudely interrupted?"
    "Mountain," Aaron said. "Climb."
    "I actually came in to ask whether or not I could come along for that," Morgan admitted.
    "No!" Hunter said, at the exact same time that Aaron started to say, "Maybe it would be helpful to have someone older come along..."
    They stared at each other for a minute. "So in addition to not letting me live on my own, I need a chaperone to go up a freaking mountain too?"
    "What do you have against your uncle, Hunter?" Hunter glared at Morgan and sat on the couch, sighing again. "Fine, whatever," he muttered.
    Morgan disappeared in a puff of smoke and Aaron went to sit beside Hunter. He had no idea what to say other than "Sorry..."
    "Why are you apologising?"
    "Because I said it might be useful if he came along?"
    "Let's ignore that that just happened then... well as long as he doesn't get in our way. Ugh I just hope he's not mad at me."
    Situation ignored for the time being, they sat on the couch together whispering sweet nothings and gazing into each other's eyes.

Hunter still came over most nights, and Aaron asked him one evening if he could paint a picture of him. Hunter agreed, and within a few days a painting of him appeared next to Aaron's first masterpiece. And then finally Hunter told him he had adopted a dog, and Aaron went over to meet the new animal. "His name is Yoshi," Hunter told him. "He came with the name, and I didn't see reason to change it."
    Yoshi was a young Akita Inu, and Aaron introduced himself by offering a treat which the dog eagerly accepted. Aaron, of course, gushed over how cute Yoshi was. "I'm 100% coming over to your place more often," he said to Hunter, and Hunter had winked and said, "I'd like that."

The gym was still Aaron's number 1 after school destination, and was able to meet up with his friend Robin from time to time. While Aaron worked out on the rock climbing walls, Hunter would attend yoga classes, and when Aaron was tired of climbing he would go out and snowboard. The gym's location was extremely convenient for that. He bought a set of climbing gear and started training more intensely on the actual rock walls located in Yukimatsu, falling every now and then but knowing that every little bit of training helped.

The Festival of Light rolled around, falling on the day before New Year's Eve, and Aaron went with Hunter (of course). They cuddled up beside the fire even though Hunter's vampirism made him resistant to the cold, and did so for a while before Aaron finally said, "Hey, do you want to come for a hike? The scenic route?"
    "Did you think my answer would be anything other than yes?" was Hunter's reply, and Aaron shrugged and said, "You looked kinda tired."
    "Oh, hold on," Hunter meditated until his energy was full ("Now that's handy," Aaron said when he was finished. "I wish I could do that...") and they set off on their hike. Aaron reminisced about the first time he had hiked here. That had been so long ago, and he remembered trying to grab some forest spirits, but they were enraged and attacked him instead. "Dang, vending machines, evil forest spirits? What's going to try to kill you next?" Hunter quipped and Aaron laughed.
    Eventually, they made their way to the temple and gazed up at it. Aaron was awed by its beauty in the silvery moonlight, but also by Hunter and his open adoration of everything. "Mount Komorebi is such a beautiful place, just everything is gorgeous," Hunter commented, and Aaron was of course in agreement. But he wasn't looking at the temple at that point. Hunter was grinning, looking handsome against the backdrop of snow and trees and Aaron felt an intense admiration for the boy standing in front of him. He stepped forward and tried to calm his nerves. "Hunter," he said softly. "I need to do something I should have done weeks ago." Hunter gazed at him with warmth and adoration as Aaron stepped forwards and...
    3axZUBi.png
    O4blQFF.png
    finally lol, took them long enough
    I was always intending for them to have their first kiss on the peak of Mount Komorebi after finishing the excursion, but I seriously couldn't stand it anymore and made them kiss in front of the temple instead. It's still a very pretty (and special) location, and they will definitely have to celebrate getting to the top of Mt K another way ;)

I said to myself that if Aaron rolled the whim to kiss him in that moment, then I'd do it and lo and behold, he did. I figured I'd deprived him long enough :D
    ~~~
    Okay now time for all the pictures, there are a lot to get through :joy:

They did just chill on the couch after Morgan barged in
    KaRqR15.png

Aaron keeps autonomously doing this and making himself tense because he still hates fitness (I played this update like 2 days ago and I still haven't removed the dislike even though I keep saying I'll do it lol)
    PPTKU5S.png

This has to be the best paint from reference any sim of mine has ever done, just look how handsome Hunter looks in it!
    dqY9dgM.png

It's a dog! Yoshi was created by pugowned on the gallery :) (and he actually did come with the name Yoshi haha. He's under the household name Akita Inu)
    asPTY5c.png
    w3uLs7J.png

Robin just loves this gym, she's there every time Aaron is
    3jx8cla.png

I really love the colours of this shot :)
    Ur0CC2y.png

High intensity snowboarding on intermediate slope, check! (Also daily pic)
    cES5moT.png

Arms. That is all
    I6LszXs.png
    xESkOO6.png

Aaron painted a second masterpiece worth way more than the first
    uAg0t3d.png
    I ended up putting this one on his wall too haha

He also painted this confident piece, and it's very appropriate! So I put it on his wall too ;)
    H394C7E.png
    K4BL92x.png

At the onsen and he starts juggling the ball again...
    9qskdo2.png

Robin at the gym again :)
    fUc1qpF.png

And yes, here are more pictures of Aaron on (and falling off) the wall because I take way too many
    dXT0mrU.png
    zqIOPC1.png

Festival!
    FQhZFLj.png
    e8HT1hD.png

And off for a hike they go.
    0gkGhwP.png
    umOv9dC.png
    WO30pGM.png

And then when they got back to Aaron's after that kiss...
    yJMJ1SG.png
    24zI76u.png
    qADvquY.png
    ...It got very steamy ;)

Hunter now knows that Aaron is trans and is supportive, and he's just so happy that Aaron finally felt confident enough with him to open up about himself and what he's been through. Aaron's been rolling whims to woohoo with Hunter for a long time and I felt that the timing was right.

Post edited by afai1261 on
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    @permanentrose
    Day 20: Robin looks so cute on the treadmill!
    Lovely seeing Aldo and Kenzie at the onsen :)
    And Lucy and DJ at the gym too! That's a cool looking gym.
    Aha, yes that good old shower woohoo ;) Aimi looks very pleased with herself!

@RememberJoy
    Day 20: Nasty fall for Adam!
    Seems everyone's woohooing today :joy:

@Carebear92
    Day 13: Awesome little house for Savannah :)
    Aww lovely that she's getting to know Kiyoshi! Aha the friend leaving for a jog happened to my sim too way back at the start :D

Day 14: Understandable that she'd be worried about taking things too fast with Kiyoshi.
    My sim was (sort of) the same :)

@LegacySims2017
    Day 18: I'd hate to go to school in a blizzard like that too, DJ.
    Go DJ! Love that screenshot of him flying off the ledge.
    Congrats for getting a raise :) And all those great simmis!

@SoulGal7
    Day 16: Aww Dylan and Kaori are so cute <3
    I had no idea that making a wish at the festival together gave a special sentiment :open_mouth: Dang it, maybe I should have made Aaron do that when he was at the festival of light in my most recent update!
    Aww, poor Kaori :cry:
    Kaori and Dylan both need a hug! I'm glad they have each other <3 But I get that it's hard for him to tell her who he really is.

@Karababy52
    Day 20: Hey Kenzie! Great conversation they had! And they're very cute together too :)
    I don't have much to say other than wow Cale is a fast worker :D
    Aww, they're soulmates! Aaron and Hunter actually got to soulmate status without ever kissing and I thought that was an achievement haha.
    Cale and Kenzie would make adorable babies ;)
    @afai1261
    I'm loving Aaron's story so far. I've only managed to get up to day 10 because I'm just a liiiiiittle behind reading everyone's stories. I have to say I love your sims, and the CC you use. They're all gorgeous. I just can't personally deal with CC very often so I'm going CC free for this challenge. I get overwhelmed when there are updates where CC and mods need patches. and I struggle to much to fix it in time.
    Er... point was that I'd love to be able to download the CC versions if I was any good at CC. xD But not this file.
    I'm about to read the post where Aaron is seeing Hunter again after a week. They're super cute together, so I'm excited to see where that goes.

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2022
    January 21

TcmwSsC.jpg
    In rain or shine, we rock climb.
    bj4fQyR.jpg

She injured herself right before reaching level 7 though and was unable to continue, so she spent some time fishing instead.
    rAGpKm0.jpg

Aimi invited herself over after their scout meeting.
    uaYeQft.png

I noticed my version of L. Faba wandering around. I tried to give her a makeover that still kind of captured the atrocious look the game gave her haha, but obviously wanted to fix it since she needed a lot of help.
    aP1cauM.jpg

I feel like my game has been so monotonous lately with grinding through that rock climbing skill, and placing a gym yesterday definitely made my game more exciting to play, so I decided I'd place another community lot on one of the rental lots and decided to place a bowling alley. I actually found a Mt. Komorebi bowling alley in the gallery. Sorry I keep forgetting to credit the original creators in my posts - I always forget to look to see who made them.

Anyway, Robin invited Aimi to come to the alley with her, and of course Aimi's parents were there. Kiyoshi seemed upset that they continue to crash their daughter's dates lol. I imagine he's telling Kaori she needs to chill haha.
    7uLT3xk.png

"Sorry my parents keep following us everywhere," Aimi apologized. "
    "No worries," Robin assured her. "If my parents lived close by, I know they'd be doing the same thing."
    c4ecUi7.jpg

All right, let's bowl. Not sure why they didn't change their shoes.
    iZN8ZVm.jpg

It's always a little rough starting out.
    QmD7kn9.jpg

And it looks like Aimi has a bit of a temper when things don't go her way...
    f4DiyIb.jpg

Robin ended up winning :)

Also spotted near the lot - Aaron, who is never happy....maybe one day.... @afai1261
    MkLID6j.jpg
    Wd1pEUC.jpg

Catching up on comments later today!
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2022
    I thought I had posted this yesterday, but apparently not :open_mouth: Whoops. Today's post hopefully coming later today!
    January, Day 20 - "New paths and acquaintances... "
    01-12-22-6-28-38-PM.png
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    edited January 2022
    Day 17 More house stuff
    Today there's nothing exciting that went on. Savannah is going through a phase where she just wants to be alone. She's very tense, she's tired of eating junk food. She wants life to go more smoothly but cash flow is very slow. On the bright side she doesn't really need to travel to satisfy her basic needs since she now has a toilet, just need to travel for socializing and to have fun. 7XN3Kvi.png
    Table of Contents

Maybe going to add some fun community lots, like a gym or something. What do you think?
    @afai1261 Reading the Rock Climbing skill books should help.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2022
    Yay, finally... her day :) Which means tomorrow it's playtime again! And, perhaps, storytime.
    January, Day 21 - "I can't do it anymore, it's all too much..."
    01-12-22-6-47-17-PM.png
    This is what happened the last time I played - you'll notice that some of the pictures were already used or will be used as post pics if I'm not able to play, but I figured I'd put them in here anyway and tell you what's actually going on ingame :)
    01-12-22-6-07-02-PM.png
    She is actually going to school and doing her homework ok, even if she was later several times due to either atrocious needs or me keeping her gathering :grimace:
    01-12-22-6-22-59-PM.png
    Laika is, like always, the cutest thing ever. I've spent so much time just watching her, that usually Lucy will be long finished with her tasks before I notice... :D
    01-12-22-6-33-32-PM.png
    Lucy met the Welcome Wagon and said hello to these guys, although for some reason they both didn't like her. Perhaps they were concerned about her living alone on an empty lot?
    01-12-22-6-38-43-PM.png
    I think this was all the stuff she found that day? Can't remember, I've taken that on the 12th! But yeah, I think she has about 300$ right now? Hoping to get her a bed soon...
    01-12-22-6-45-28-PM.png
    I sent her to the bar in Brindleton Bay after school to take care of her needs, and this was the first thing that happened :D Figured that bartender would want to help them out a little, and had her get free chips and ask for homework help :)
    01-12-22-6-49-59-PM.png
    Oof, Lucy, I feel you! I miss having vegetables too :D Don't worry, soon you'll be able to cook for yourself...
    01-12-22-6-51-57-PM.png
    More naps on that couch, as it was thunderstorming and I was scared for her...
    01-12-22-6-55-23-PM.png
    She autonomously picked up the Violin I had placed in the build, always ready to try something new and learn a new skill. And I think she's had not that much music in her life till now :(
    01-12-22-7-00-04-PM.png
    Yet another nap... She was so tired, I think she passed out at least 5 times that play-session? :grimace:
    01-12-22-7-00-53-PM.png
    Finally... brushing her teeth and getting ready for yet another day :)
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    edited January 2022
    Day 18 Lesson learned
    Savannah had a bad day. It didn't start off bad actually, she was having a good day in the beginning. She felt the need to take a vacation day from school just to get her back on track again. She been a typical teenager with her mood swings and phases lately. She went to work got paid 82 simoleons, came home and sold the stuff she harvested from her garden. KcC3u3k.png She got enough simoleons to expand the house a little bit and to get a bike. DIzHd3H.png She had so much fun biking riding! After her bike ride she came home did her homework,AQ1of3J.png as soon as she finished her homework the repo person came and took her cooler. See, Savannah lives off the grid so she doesn't use any utilities, on her property she has natural well which gives her water and for light she uses a candle at night and her skylights during the day. She learned even though she's not using those utilities she still has to pay for her property. aSjUQwR.png After that stressful event, she went to the lounge and played some piano. After making 100 simoleons, she went to the food stand got some food. Before Savannah turned herself in for the night she was able to buy a new cooler. Todays lesson, pay your bills even if you're not using utilities!

Table of Contents
    Day 19 Love Day
    Today was a great day for Savannah, Probably one of the best days she had since living in Mt. Komorebi. She got a promotion at work, now she's making 62 simoleons an hour! kyhUQGV.png After school, she met up with Kiyoshi at the park for a date to celebrate Love Day!
    w3dzidV.png Their date was a great success, they had their first kiss and became boyfriend and girlfriend! Before their date came to an end, Kiyoshi was so sweet to give Savannah a rose. Anyway, regardless of the weather they had a awesome date, Savannah is very happy to be able to call Kiyoshi her boyfriend.

Table of Contents
    @Carebear92
    oh my goodness. I was just about to add a bit in my story today that Savannah has been flirting with Kiyoshi! Now I get to say they're dating! Fun!!!
    Day 20 Gaining skill in Rock Climbing
    Today is Saturday, Savannah has nothing plan and neither did Kiyoshi contacted her this morning. After Savannah did her weekend morning routine, she well up to the mountain to practice some rock climbing. She still needs to get gear for rock climbing but she's do pretty good without it. After rock climbing for several hours, she went down the lounge and play some piano for the venue she received 70 simoleons by the time she was finished for the day. Her goal is to save at least like 900 simoleons to get a fridge a stove and a counter that works off the grid. G03Fs0T.png

Table of Contents

My last short update. I'm going to start doing updates by player sessions instead, make my story less boring. So my next post will just say Jan 21st.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 21st: A little surprise

zbWmPV5.png
    After our fun night, I whipped up a fruit salad for breakfast as Kaori gushed about how amazing last night had been.
    a2nPfvc.png
    We ate and chatted a bit before I went and took a shower. The garden and bees needed tending, but even as I was doing so my mind was on other things.
    kVH3fqr.png
    Kaori said she should head home and check in with her grandparents so that they wouldn't be worried about her, but that she hoped to see me later. I spent the rest of the morning reading up on mountain climbing and was about to take a nap (I didn't really get a lot of sleep last night) when I saw one of the lab coated clones hanging around. I went and yelled at him and told them to leave me alone and he took off pretty quick.
    nHd06qU.png
    After a nice nap, Kaori texted and asked if I wanted to meet her at the snow festival on the mountain; she had heard skiing conditions were awesome. Of course I agreed. On the mountain we each took a run, but when we met at the bottom Kaori said she was feeling nauseous and asked to return to the onsen. She went in to use the restroom and I took a quick shower. When she came out she gave me a funny look and lead me to the fire place. Leaning in she whispered "I think I'm pregnant".
    CbSVJCy.png
    I didn't know what to say and I just stared at her baffled, "what" I finally managed to say.
    5QcRAah.png
    She giggled and said she had just taken a pregnancy test and it came up positive. I looked at her shocked, this was a lot to take in; I'm definitely not ready to be a dad yet. I tried to smile as she seemed pleased by these turn of events, but inside I was screaming. She gave me a hug and told me she should get home and that she'd call me in the morning.
    WZxR7an.png
    I needed a distraction so I practiced climbing on the rock walls for a bit and then grabbed a bite to eat.
    DFxRGbQ.png
    I bought a few more simmis, but the machine ate my money on the last one and shaking it only caused me to end up flat on my back.
    GBzOKbz.png
    Feeling very tense now, I headed home. How could a day that started out so well, end so badly?

Notes:
    This pregnancy really was an accident, I must have my setting on risky woohoo for teens. When we met up with Kaori on the mountain I saw her rub her belly while a thought bubble with blocks in it appeared over her head, and I was like uh-oh. I took control of her with a mod and had her take a pregnancy test and sure enough, Adam's a father. I guess I'll just roll with it.
    @SoulGal7
    Thanks for showing me where it is in your game. It must be an unlockable asset because I don't have it in mine. Ah well, wonder what you've unlocked I haven't yet. Hmmm...

Love the Festival of Light! Never actually had a Sim attend it though so I didn't know the bonfire would explode with fireworks like that. Looks cool! They both look so good in their kimonos, and of course shared a kiss on the bridge to get that special sentiment. :)

I like how Kaori shared about her parents and what happened to them which made Dylan feel a bit more comfortable sharing 'some' of his background. I'm glad he's feeling close enough and trusting enough of her to do that. Hopefully when he shares the complete story she'll understand too. I bet she will. We'll see... Lots of love blooming on this night for them and of course a Legendary date. Wouldn't expect any less with these two. :) Congrats on finishing the first milestone of Serial Romantic! <3

Yes, the writer in me was screaming at me and clamoring to come out, so I released the Kraken. HAHA! But yes, I'm glad Cale has someone to look up to and help him with his issues. Joel is a sweetheart, and yes, he and Jon both deserve some love in their life. I hadn't planned to expand on any 'side' characters lives, but perhaps I'll consider it, at least for Joel. ;) Technically he should be an elder or even gone by now, but this is an alternate universe, so we'll just ignore that fact. hehe ;)

@LegacySims2017
    Good idea taking off school because of that blizzard DJ. I would've done that too. Mmm, pretzel breakfast! I'm down for that. hehe Better than chips! Woo, you're on a roll DJ; found some cool skis he got to keep, a raise and some great Simmis for his collection. Very cool!

Aww man, well our Sims have good days and bad days. Cale's had a string of good days, I dread the inevitable bad days to come, but such is life. Bummer about falling off the climbing wall and with that customer. Rules are made to be broken, sometimes, when it makes sense. But rules are made for a reason, so he had to honor them even though it made him sad. Poor DJ. I'm sure he'll be okay though. :)

Fantastic news about your new computer! Enjoy! :) Hey good idea! I'm assuming you're talking about for next month. That'll be cool. :)

100 Baes eh? Nah, I like the idea of all the worlds being populated with Cale's offspring. Can you imagine? I'm looking forward to it, should be hilarious! :D Fun for Cale, mostly, but look out when all these girls find out about each other. o.O hehe

@afai1261
    Gah! Now they have Morgyn going with them on the excursion. Well dang, no cave woo hoo for them! hehe Ah well... Love those paintings, great job with the portrait of Hunter, he does look fantastic! I love that mountain climbing one too, makes sense to keep and display it. Very cute dog Hunter got! Pugowned pets are so good! I might get one or two myself once Cale reaches Brindleton Bay. Wow! Love that image of Aaron on the snowboard with the sunset, beautiful! Whoa! Aaron's looking just as pumped up as Cale! o.O

Ah, and there it is, their first kiss! Very sweet and very romantic in front of the temple. Maybe not what you planned, but I'm surprised you waited this long. Love all those screenshots of the two of them together before and after. <3 Shower woo hoo, it's the best next to the closet in my opinion. Very happy for these two! Congrats Aaron and Hunter! <3

Cale and Kenzie look so cute together eh? Well, yes, Cale is a fast worker, but he has to be if I want him to succeed later on in the challenge. I guess I could just have him make all these girls simply very good friends, but what fun is that? ;):D Awww, doesn't surprise me they've been soulmates for quite a while even without kissing even once. Oh yeah, guessing they'll make a very beautiful baby together one day. ;) I'm so curious what all his kids will look like and can't wait to find out!

@permanentrose
    Good idea putting down the bowling alley! Love bowling in this game. <3 Weird how they didn't switch out their shoes. Aww, bummer she hurt herself climbing, but look at that sturgeon! It's a beauty! :) I like your version of L. much better than the original. You did well keeping her vibe though. Oh man and there's Aimi's parents again. o.O Well, at least it shows they care about their daughter eh? Aww, and there's sad Aaron. He looks good in that suit though. :)
    January 21
    After work and school, Savannah had multiple things she wanted to do. 2Mju5iV.pngDEWSKga.png She wanted to work on her aspiration, so she traveled up to the mountain and road her bike through the snow to the rock climbing wall. She did some rock climbing for a few hours. She does very good in rock climbing she falls a few times. She's lucky she hasn't injured herself yet, probably should get some gear before that happens. S7zCmY7.png Before going to the lounge to play some piano, Savannah wanted to play in the snow. So Savannah made a snow angel. qC3XHdv.png Savannah traveled down the lounge to make some tips by playing some piano. There wasn't a lot of people around so she didn't make a lot of money. But that's okay, Since she got a promotion at work the day before she brings home $124 now. Savannah finally had enough money to have a small functional kitchen; a fridge, a counter, and a stove. GOOD BYE COOLER! RtXcnSt.pngSavannah was also able to separate her bedroom from the kitchen. M9TcVnB.png Savannah is slowly coming a long this month. A79RdsN.png Savannah was prepping dinner in her new kitchen, until Kiyoshi called to invite her over. She dropped what she was doing and traveled to Kiyoshi's house. While Savannah was hanging at Kiyoshi's, Kiyoshi and Savannah a had some fun. When Savannah was about ready to head home, they exchange promise rings! So now Savannah definitely he's not going anywhere.irCwXKb.png I forgot to also mention that Savannah applied for two scholarships; Future Star and Workplace Scholar. She only won one out the two for $200 for future star!M9TcVnB.png

Table of Contents

I can go on forever with this post but I will safe it for tomorrows post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top