Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    (Egads. After my long shift last night, came home, had dinner, and laid down for a nap. Was going to do online stuff before offically going to bed, but my body assumed I was going down for the night...lol! Here are my comments for yesterday before I head off to work this morning!)

January 14th Comments:

@afai1261
    Gloomy Aaron still did good at fishing. Because I started D.J. in the winter, all the lakes are pretty much frozen every day. So I'm really starting out tough for him. But he loves the outdoors, so I don't really need a home for him yet. Hopefully any fishing spots in Windenburg won't be frozen over as I am having the seasons set to actual real life seasons.

Congrats on Aaron finishing an Aspiration halfway through the month. He needs to celebrate with Hunter. :blush:

@permanentrose
    Nasty bugs! Note to self: Don't do the Motive Trials for this gameplay. :lol:

@SoulGal7
    Good luck on the 100 bae challenge. Is he going to have bae's of both genders? :smile:
    Not sure if it's just me, but all your images are broken for "Jan 10 - A Hike In The Bamboo Forest" :frowning:
    Middle of the week, all my computer problems should be fixed. Thankfully, I am a back up my files nerd. I constantly back things up on an external hard drive. So hopefully the transition will be smooth.

@RememberJoy
    "...halfway to the ski lift before realizing I was still in my bathing suit!" Brrrr! Must have been really cold on Adam's body. :lol: I liked those screenshots from Adam's point of view when skiing.

@Karababy52
    The boots thing in the Onsen is funny. Especially when you're wearing swimwear.

I have to reboot my computer back to factory every few months with this old computer. Luckily I am a back up freak and use an external hard drive for files. Looking forward to the middle of the week where I'll move all these files over to the new computer and not worry about having to reboot this thing anymore.
    "Then he gave me THAT look..." The good ol' if looks could kill. :grimace: Nice to see a chapter where he's mostly in a good mood. And I too love those 'showing off' animations to seduce the other Sim. Now Cale just needs to keep Morrigan's interest and when the two become young adults, this could be his first for the 100 baby challenge (unless you cheat mode it with teenagers).

@Shadami
    Nice to meet Velma. Is she on the Gallery for the rest of us to grab?

Not yet, I usually remember to do that but I forgot. I've had a lot going on.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I apologize for not posting these comments last night. I didn't realize how late it was after I'd posted and had to get some sleep instead. Anyway, here they are now and my update for today will be coming very soon as well! Hope y'all have a great day/night! <3

@Shadami
    Oh wonderful! I just read all your blog posts for Velma! She's so cute and I love her wardrobe. Of course, I love her hair too since Essa had that very style at the beginning too. You're right, it does look like a style a teenager would wear, the reason I picked it as well. :) Good idea starting on the 10th since it's your anniversary with your boyfriend. I love her background story for the reasons she left home. Very cool she's been singing to get simoleans. Heartbreaking how it started for her though, crying from the stress. Glad she stuck to it though. She seems like a very strong girl!

I wish I'd known about your blog earlier, I could've saved you from struggling to use those Rags to Riches rules. Where did you get those? I've never heard of playing R2R that way before. Anyway, for the challenge, our Sims start out Rags to Riches 'style', not by any official rules for it. That just means they have to start on an empty lot with 0 simoleans. How they make money or progress from there is entirely up to you. :)

Don't worry about posting links for Velma on the Gallery or to your blog, I've already updated the main post to include both. Again, welcome to the challenge! I'm loving your style of writing with the Simstagram notes she's been including about her daily life. Very cool! :)

@SoulGal7
    Oh how cool Dylan ended up in front of Aaron and Lucy's house when looking for the Bamboo forest. Bummer they couldn't go with him, but perhaps they'll get together another time. At least to go skiing anyway with Aaron. Whoa! 1K simoleans? I had no idea they could get that much! Cha-ching! Cool Kyoshi called him to congratulate him on Kaori. No worries they might be interested in each other now. :)

Glad Kaori could join Dylan at the Onsen, and she's agreed to climb the mountain with him. Excellent! Love that sneaky animation where they put their arms around them. hehe Hi Kenzie! So cute! Yay! Congratulations to Dylan (and you) for completing the Siteseer aspiration! :) Everyone is moving so fast and here I am just plodding along with Cale. hehe Oh well, I'm enjoying the relaxed style of doing the challenge. :)

Yep, and he'll mostly likely have that happen more in the future since I have a mod that increases the possibility. :) Silly Cale wearing boots in the Onsen! hehe He took Jon's advice though and now has a proper pair of swim trunks, no more wearing his undies in there. Ah, I figured it was something like that with Kaori. I love that screenshot too! Would be so cute if our Sims could do Eskimo kisses eh? ;)

Oh yes, Morrigan is Morgyn and Jessah's daughter. I meant to post that in the update. I thought it was cool she was the first teen Cale has actually met, especially because of the hot head trait she shares with him. Can you imagine if they became a couple? Oh boy, now that would be an explosive relationship eh? About the family tree, that's not a bad idea. I might do that. Essa's is so complicated though. hehe

@afai1261
    Yep, I'm sure it would! Oh good, glad you got the roof figured out. I love building/decorating myself, it was the very thing that got me interested in the Sims right from the beginning with the first one. However, I love making Sims too and just playing the game, writing stories, etc. You are much better at making Sims than I am, I've always admired your Sims, you make them so well! Never played TS3 so I have no idea what building was like in that iteration.

I completely understand how easy it can be to slip back into writing a lot with numerous screenshots for this challenge. I hadn't intended to do that, to cut back on both, but I'm slipping back to how it was last year for me now. Not sure how I feel about that. However, I'll still try to take it easy with a detailed story. Just a small one as Cale progresses is what I'll most likely do. :)

You too? Well cool. Hopefully some challenge Sims start showing up for Cale to befriend. So far none of them have, just my own Sims from last year and from other challenges.

Very cool how Aaron has a little apple orchard started now, 8 trees! Cale just has the one so far. Love that he put the photo of Hunter and himself on the table so he could see it every day and think about him. Not that he doesn't think about him all the time anyway. :)

Oh man, that's so cool you're learning and doing things in the Sims you've never done before because of this challenge. Makes me smile so much, thank you for saying that. :)

@permanentrose
    Yay! Congratulations to Robin (and you) for finishing the Siteseer aspiration! Fantastic! Bummer she couldn't fish, but it does seem appropriate considering she's a mermaid. Her little home is coming along so well! Oh geez! Then she gets a visit by Tiberius! Good dog Pepper trying to protect your Master! Love that screenshot of Pepper standing over Robin. Adorable...Awwww! How cute that Pepper and Essa's cat Louie are friends now. Weird the game made him a stray. o.O Ah well, glad you checked to make sure he really wasn't a stray.

@LegacySims2017
    I use an external hard drive too, which is a very good thing! I was happy to have it back when my old laptop died. I didn't lose anything because I quickly backed up everything when it started to give me trouble. It died within minutes after I did that! I got SO lucky!

Oh man, that look! I love the faces he pulls, but that one kind of freaked me out! He looked just like he wanted to kill me or something. HAHA! But yes, the day didn't start out very well for him, but meeting Morrigan certainly made it end well. Hmm, she might be the first baby Mama, we'll see. :) Nope, no teen pregnancies in my challenge save, have it turned off. Cale must wait until he's a YA to start that portion of my challenge. :)
    January - Day 15: "Eyes Forward. Mind Focused. Heart Ready. Game on, World!"

jni3iRM.png

Notes
    ktbWBXe.png
    While the Festival of Snow went on below, Cale was ready to tackle his greatest challenge yet, the Intermediate slope with high intensity. Good luck Cale, here we go...

lMkdHaK.png
    He took the first ramp with confidence, doing a spin trick I've never seen him do before.

EYy7gaj.png
    He even got a little bold and grabbed one ski in mid-air!

Hszroqt.png
    And stuck the landing! Yes!

nd9bK1q.png
    Let's see if he can nail the second ramp the same way.

Z3C18uC.png
    Stuck the landing, but had a little trouble staying upright.
    "Whoaaaaa!"

7s5DdrP.png
    But he didn't fall, pulling his skis back with a look of such determination on his face.

4ZXxcnd.png
    "What a rush!"

maLvVBR.png
    Oh man, I think he's going to make it!

ZVVY5yl.png
    Cale slid in at the finish line like he'd been doing this all his life and completed the milestone goal on his first run!

LuFeFHg.png
    Congratulations Cale, I'm so proud of you!
    (Thanks, I'm proud of me too!)

zwOAY9f.png
    While Cale made his way to the medium walls to do some rock climbing, I saw Josh sharing a hip bump with Yamachan. Cracked me up! hehe

DVn8nnm.png
    For some reason Cale totally freaked out throwing his fist in the air and celebrating like a mad man when he reached the top of the medium walls. He had a moodlet that said something like the perfect climb. Ah, okay, go ahead and celebrate Cale, you're having an amazing night!

cLXGXw2.png
    "I'M KING OF THE MOUNTAIN!"
    Not quite yet Cale.

OjKR99r.png
    "What do you mean by 'not yet'? Are there taller walls somewhere? Let me at 'em!"
    Oh yeah, but you'd need to climb to the top of the mountain to find them.

Wt2Xecx.png
    (Climb to the top? Seriously? Hmm, that sounds interesting. Okay, let's go!)

1a3Sv0R.png
    Hold your horses there cowboy! I know you're pumped up right now with an adrenaline rush, but not yet. You need more training first to go harder, stronger and longer than ever before.
    (That sounds sexy. Are you flirting with me Watcher?)
    Uh, no Cale. However, you can't do this alone. Someone will have to make the climb with you. Any idea on who you'd like to take with you? Anyone with experience?
    (Not really, I don't know many people here. I guess I need to meet more people too.)
    Yes, you certainly do. Alright, let's go home and start fresh in the morning. Are you excited?
    (Yeah...and a little scared. But now that you've suggested it, I can't wait to go!)
    Soon Cale, very soon!
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2022
    So yeah. Okay. Hi, I'm back and really enjoyed catching up :)
    Guess I'll be more realistic this time around... RL is really crazy for me right now, and I don't think I'll be able to do comments anytime soon. Sorry. Hoping for some story, but right now I'm glad if I can even get the daily photo in, or not miss too many days...

EDIT: Ok I realized I let my mood affect the post title a teeny-tiny bit much. Let's say that unlike Lucy I have awesome friends who're helping me and I'm very confident I'll get better. Just... That path has some ups and downs. But this story and game has been a really great outlet, and I'm grateful for the community here :)
    January, Day 13 - "I'm not ok, but I'm strong and I can do this... I won't give up!"
    01-12-22-6-13-14-PM.png
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    edited January 2022
    Still catching up on posts :)
    Itching to write story, but I always find that difficult for catch-up-days, so we'll see.
    January, Day 14 - "And then, suddenly, the memories hit... "
    01-12-22-6-23-28-PM.png
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    edited January 2022
    I really want to give the story a more hopeful spin... But right now neither my mood nor the pictures I have really allow that. We'll see, I guess. Perhaps if I manage some story for this one I'll be able to turn it around for Lucy?
    January, Day 15 - "Calling out for help, but who's there to answer?"
    01-12-22-6-35-08-PM.png
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2022
    I truly meant to do comments today and start properly interacting with you all again. As I’ve said, playing sims in a community setting is one of my favorite hobbies. But I can’t even begin to tell you about the day I had - only that being understaffed in animal care is very, very difficult and demanding and I come here tonight as an equivalent to a sim whose needs have plummeted deep into the red. I honestly think I might have gone through the motive trials 😂

Anyway, I need to go to sleep and I’ll hopefully have some sim time tomorrow. It’s my first proper day off in ages. I’ve been enjoying all your posts though and keeping up as best as I can!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Jan 11 - Simmi Mania

dylan-and-snowy-tree-shot.png
    The next day was school. My grades were up, and I was back to being an A student again. It felt good. I was doing rather well in English class and my teacher asked me if I would like to join the Drama Club. I had actually thought of joining Scouts to spend more time with Kaori, but I thought I would give the Drama Club a try.
    DYLAN-IS-NOW-AN-A-STUDENT-AND-HE-SWIPED-ANOTHER-ITEM-AT-SCHOOL.png

The Drama Club met everyday after school, from 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm., and my first meeting was tonight. I had some lines to rehearse, so I practiced as best as I could.

dylan-joins-acting.png

monday-practice-drama-club.png

I then changed into my Drama Club outfit and headed off.

drama-club-outfit-very-cool.png

When I got home from Drama Club, I saw that I had gotten some mail. Yuck! Bills! I had never had bills to pay before, and figured I should pay them right away in case I forgot. I was not very happy having to shell out $544 simoleons.

I thought back to the e-mail I had received from Kado about the summit climb. Because we were climbing A Simworld Heritage Site, there was a fee of $200 simoleons just to do the mountain climb. Plus, I had to purchase some climbing gear, which cost another $450 simoleons, and Kado had recommended I purchase some camping equipment, such as a tent, which cost $470 simoleons. He had also listed some other items, like food, and a lantern. The camping items were in case we were stuck at one of the levels due to inclement weather. Kado told me there was really no shelter on the mountain, and the weather could change within minutes. The cost of the summit climb was adding up quickly.

monday-bills-yuck.png

I still had a lot of simoleons from the sale of the Judith Ward autographs, but that was my emergency fund. I thought about some other ways I could make simoleons. And then it hit me. Of course! I would just go to the mountain and use the vending machine and get some more simmis. I had been lucky the first time, and that $50 outlay of simoleons ended up making a profit of $200 simoleons. Then I could sell them and have enough simoleons for the mountain excursion. What a great idea! I decided to go to town and take the mountain shuttle to the mountain.

feeling-pretty-confident-qwhat-would-he-get.png

When I got to the mountain, I spied the vending machine that I had used to get that first simmi. And without hesitating, I plugged in $50 simoleons...and got...

old-gabby.png

...another golden simmi (Ol' Gabby). It must be worth at least as much as the other one. I was so happy, I took a selfie.

dylan-selfie.png

Then I plugged in another $50 simoleons, and out came another simmi. I continued this...and it was like I was addicted. I couldn't stop....Mayor Whiskers....Yamachan...Buddy Simmi...Princess Cordelia...
    mayor-whiskers-simmi.png
    princess-cordelia.png
    buddy-is-worth-how-much.png

...And then I got something called Medieval Grim...like the grim reaper from the Middle Ages...was this a sign that I should stop?
    medieval-grim-is-this-a-sign.png

i-think-it-took-his-simoleons.png

I shrugged and plugged in some more simoleons, and it stuck. Yep...that darn vending machine ate my simoleons.
    ate-my-money.png

I decided to give it a hip bump. Grrr....it was still stuck.

thats-gotta-hurt.png

And so I shook it again...

shaking.png

...I was so upset with that vending machine taking that $50 simoleons...that I kind of lost control...

I-am-getting-you-machine.png

...and shook it some more...

mad-at-vending-machine.png

...and tried to climb it to dislodge that simmi....
    stilll-stuck.png

falling-on-dylan.png

come-on-dylan-push.png

....but the darn thing was still stuck...and then the vending machine fell on me...and I had a flashback to what had happened in the onsen...oh gosh...can I get this thing off...

will-he-make-it.png

ok-he-did-it.png

...and thank goodness, I got that weighted monster off of me.
    waste-of-time.png

vending-machine-items-still-stuck.png

I was still upset about losing the $50 simoleons, but I didn't want to risk that it would fall on me again. I got a good haul but I was still rather angry. I figured I should take my frustrations out on the rock climbing wall, and headed over there.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was already dark and I should have headed home, but I was still upset about the vending machine incident. I started to climb...

and-he-fell-not-as-easy-as-he-thought.png

...and fell almost immediately. I took a moment and concentrated and started again....

it-looked-to-be-an-easy-climb.png

ALMOST-THERE.png

...this time it was easier and I was almost there....

at-the-top.png

And then I was on top. It was quiet and the snow glistened from the lights. I glanced upwards, past the gondola, past the snow laden fir trees, past the cliffs and gazed at the remote peak. And in that moment, I knew that I would conquer that mountain.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Dylan was very lucky at the vending machine and was able to pull 13 before it stuck. And yes, the one that he got before it stuck was Medieval Grim (worth $500 simoleons). I was rather worried that this might be a sign that it would be game over for Dylan, but he got the vending machine off of him. It was still stuck, but he had already shaken it twice, and I wasn't going to risk it again. Some valuable ones he got were Izzy Fabulous (200), Jasmine Holiday ($200), Mayor Whiskers (250) and Princess Cordelia ($100). I am going to have him buy a selling table and have a yard sale to sell the duplicate simmis and some other items he found.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited January 2022
    (Got my game up and running and my game files all look okay. Installed my photo editor as well. Hopefully back to daily images tomorrow. A day later than I was expecting.)

January 15th Comments:

@SoulGal7 (revisiting my January 14th comments since I fixed the image viewing error)
    That was fun seeing other Challenge Sims. Looked like it was a success hike through the bamboo forest for Dylan. D.J. didn't get to see any forest spirits on his first hike. Hopefully when I have him take another, he will. Dylan and Kaori make a cute couple.
    I agree, the game gave D.J. a great kimono...and shoes to match. :lol: Everyone else was wearing sandals. Nope, D.J. is smart to wear socks and shoes in the winter.
    Now what book did Dylan swipe from school? :lol: Drama Club looks like a good fit for Dylan. Sucks he was having a good run on those Simmis and then the vending machine was like, "That's enough for today, I'm taking your money with nothing in return to you!"

@afai1261
    Good to see that Aaron's planting is coming along nicely. I like the selfie he has with Hunter sitting on his table where he eats. He can look at him all the time. :blush:

@permanentrose
    Yay for Robin completing an Aspiration. I'm still waiting on D.J. to see a forest spirit or two. He's done 0 actual rock climbing and 1 trail hike. So, hopefully when he does actual rock climbing and more hikes, he runs into them. Hopefully they want to come out in the cold winter weather.

You had Robin fish before and she got that Sad moodlet. She's taking charge now with that no fishing. :lol: Too bad pets can't protect their owners against vampires. I bet Pepper would have for sure.

@RememberJoy
    With a little practice, Adam will be able to show off some snowboarding fanciness to Kaori. For now, it's practice, practice, practice. He can ski pretty good, that's a positive.

@Skeilah
    Those toddlers are cute!
    Aww, the family is going to have a pet cowplant soon. Maybe beardrey will look after it!

@Karababy52
    Wow, I like that daily image of Cale doing some ski maneuvers with the night sky background. :open_mouth:

That hip bump with Josh n Yamachan :joy: Why isn't there an action like that for us to do that? All I get is... take selfie when I click on it. And some other thing, but not hip bump. That would be fun to watch D.J. do. I was happy to see Cale having a great time and adrenaline rush with that skiing and rock climbing. It's putting all his anger issues aside. Your in-game L. Faba is probably proud of Cale.

@miss_eulenauge
    Poor, poor, Lucy. Things will look up for her....and you.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    January 16
    kXEAh0FR_o.jpg
    It was Sunday before he finally got to see Hunter again. He wondered if it was appropriate now to think of Hunter as 'his boy'... But then again, it wasn't like they had promised to be exclusive or anything like that. An arm around the shoulder and a few flirts does not a relationship make, even if the attraction between both parties was mutual.

What made this meeting different to all their previous meetings was that Hunter was the one who had invited Aaron out on the slopes. The first thing Aaron noticed when he arrived and saw Hunter, looking handsome as always and very happy, was that... "You're not burning up!" he exclaimed, reaching out and taking one of Hunter's hands in his own.
    "Yeah," Hunter said with a grin. "My mother taught me how to make this sunlight reversal stuff, it's pretty useful!"
    "That's awesome," Aaron said, and he meant it. "So I guess you won't have to be sleeping during the day now?"
    Hunter looked slightly sheepish. "Sorry about that," he said. "But yeah. This stuff will wear off but not before the sun goes down. When I'm at master rank, I'll be able to get full sun resistance without having to use the stuff, but before I get there, this is as good as it's going to get."
    Aaron nodded, glad that he could now see Hunter during the day and not have him almost die - he shuddered at the thought and remembered what the other boy had said regarding Aaron's own near-death experience. "I'm glad you're not going to go dying on me if we go out during the day now," he said with a laugh, then instantly realised what he had said - "go out"... Go out? Hunter didn't seem to mind the phrasing ((Thank the Watcher) Aaron thought) and suggested they do some sledding like a few other people were doing. Aaron was eager to agree.

After they had gone down the bunny slope in a sled that Aaron had borrowed, they stood at the base while Aaron took both of Hunter's hands. And desperately fought the urge to kiss him then and there. It may have been something about the snow and how perfect it was or the way Hunter had tilted his head (because he looked absolutely adorable), but Aaron couldn't deny how exceptionally close he felt to Hunter in that moment...

Then he abruptly remembered the empty house in Wakaba. "There's a place near mine that's newly empty," he began. Hunter raised his eyebrows. "If you were thinking of still moving here, of course..." He trailed off.
    "Oh, yeah, definitely, but I'd have to talk to my parents," Hunter replied.
    "Oh, yeah of course, it'd be really cool if you did though because then we could hang out more and stuff, and uh..." (Ugh why are you so awkward?!) Aaron let go of Hunter's hands, letting his right hand automatically fly to the back of his neck. He inwardly cursed himself, worrying that he had ruined the moment. He looked away from Hunter for a moment and focused on his extremely interesting boots, waiting for Hunter to say something. It was only a few seconds but it felt like forever before the other boy finally said, "I would definitely be down for checking it out sometime..."
    ~~~

Aaron caught up with Robin in the onsen,
    NdK3Ru1.png

played chess with Lucy and met Cale at the park,
    cU2eXfP.png
    5z5QqCa.png

yelled at a townie for invading his home (I got so annoyed that I ended up using MCCC to just delete her completely, no game generated townies in Aaron's house, thank you game! :angry: )
    VQe6c3N.png
    oyaqCjk.png
    lfuGM7G.png

So that was pretty bad...
    dwlb7lQ.png

...Bad enough to kick over the rubbish bin again!
    8ptQv53.png

And now for what this update was actually about - the cute boy!
    vEGVX0F.png
    XTcrKkM.png
    39FvZn4.png
    gXELIcp.png

Aaron actually was feeling close with Hunter and had a whim to make out with him. They haven't had their first kiss yet but I want them to do that in a very specific place and it's going to be a while before that can happen :D So Aaron (and I) will just have to suffer until then lol
    GjaN9ni.png
    tnvhdcC.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    Oops! Legacy, I did actually put her on the gallery and I forgot that I did! xD

January 15th - Blog Post
    KbzBDzi.png

I found a bunch of different Rags to Riches rules when I went searching, but they all seemed to have a consensus about the building permit. A lot of them seemed to be posted by different people and were copy-paste for the most part. So I'm not actually sure who is the original poster so I don't want to link them and give credit to the wrong person. >.<
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    oof I really gotta properly catch up on comments but here they are for page 13

@permanentrose
    Day 12: Aaron, my dude, just stop showing up to places if there's gonna be people there lol. Happy to see him as always, though!
    Ah yes that may be a cute boy, but he's not HIS cute boy ;)
    Sheesh he looks like he's about to commit a murder!
    frABRDE.jpg
    Aww that picture of Robin and Aimi with the lights is so cute <3

Day 13: Awesome renovation for Robin's house!
    Ah good old Agnes lol.

Okay that TikTok video is hilarious :joy::D:D

@miss_eulenauge
    Day 12: Hope Lucy found something good in that sand pile!

@LegacySims2017
    Day 12: Great pics of DJ's hike! Of course he had to slip and fall though haha

@Carebear92
    Day 2: Poor Savannah having an awful day at school! Glad that the vending machine didn't fall over and squish her though, that would have just made her bad day much worse!

@RememberJoy
    Day 12: Go Adam! And congrats to him for having students that didn't leave the yoga lesson halfway through :D
    Adam looks like he's really bulking up with muscle!

Day 13:
    Aww, he and Kaori finally kissed! They are so cute together!

@Karababy52
    Day 12: Haha that daily quote is gold :joy:
    Oof getting a mood swing and being a vampire's snack is rough!
    Lovely photos of Cale skiing! The lighting is absolutely gorgeous!
    "Did someone say Get Water?" Laughed way too hard at this, too true :joy:

@lilypadmeulin
    Hope you're okay!

@SoulGal7
    Day 9: Congrats to Dylan for making his first real meal!
    What a great time Dylan had with Kaori at the festival! Though that picture of them wiping out is hilarious :D
    edited January 2022
    For anyone interested in Dylan and what he swipes, he basically autonomously swipes something everyday from school, and now that he is in the Drama Club, he swipes something from there, too. I have put all the swiped items in household inventory. He has returned the rock light he swiped from the Hazakura Lounge, and some dirty dishes to his school. He has one poster hanging up in his home. Here is what else he has "borrowed".
    dylan-borrowed-items.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited January 2022
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @LegacySims2012
    Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification. Guessing you'll get three brand new Sages and not exact replacements. Agree about the imposter Father Winters, mine always have a brown beard too. Just doesn't look right. I've read that too about the Crumplebottoms and sometimes, the game generates more than one of those two ladies. I had a duplicate Agatha, though she was named something else. So I had two until I discovered that and got rid of the imposter.

In your daily photo for your update, who (or what) made those footprints on the left side? They look so close together, weird. Don't blame DJ for wanting a day off school, he's been working hard and deserves it. Despite the one fall on the trail, looks like he had a nice relaxing time there. :)

@miss_eulenauge
    Very pretty screenshot of Lucy digging in the sand with the seagulls next to her. I have Lucy in my game now too. Hoping some of the challenge Sims will show up for Cale to befriend.

@Carebear92
    Aww man, Savannah sure had her ups and downs that day. Glad she had a great day at work at least and got a tip for playing the piano. Bummer school went so badly though. o.O Oh no, and then the darn vending machine tried to keep her sandwich. Good for her getting it anyway, fooled that machine eh? ;) Love the Onsen! It's so soothing and peaceful for our Sims.

Good idea just doing one day at a time per update. It's a nice relaxing way to do this challenge. :) Oh, I wanted to ask if you'd consider putting Savannah on the Gallery so we can download her to put in our challenge saves. It's okay if you'd rather not, but I for one would love to have her. I'll put a link to her on the Gallery in the main thread as well with everyone else. Let me know! :)

@afai1261
    I don't know what the problem was, it just would not let me download it. You're right, I always get a pop-up when downloading anything too and I never got that. I checked in my downloads folder and elsewhere, it just didn't work. Anyway, thank you so much for putting the packages on Mediafire for me! I put them in-game and gave them to Aaron, so he's all set now. :) Thanks again!

*Everyone - I have a question for all of you with female Sims. Later on in the challenge when he's a young adult, Cale will be attempting the 100 Baby Challenge. Let me know if it's alright for Cale to have a baby with your Sim or not. It's okay if you'd rather he didn't, I'll understand. I just didn't want to go ahead and let him without asking if it was okay first. Let me know! Thanks! :)

Just saw this since I'm finally starting to read through everyone's stories so far, and it's okay with me :)

So far I've caught up on @miss_eulenauge and @Carebear92 's stories only.
    Carebear:
    Taking it day by day completely works. :D I find that I can get posts out much faster that way myself. I'm approaching this challenge a little differently though and have been just trying to play and take an occasional screenshot when something really catches my attention. Savannah showed up in my game and I adapted your story a bit to work into mine. It's really exciting to see everyone's stories and be able to do that!
    Eulenage:
    Sometimes screenshots tell a story all by themselves without needing to put any words to it. You're doing amazing! That's one of the things I love about this challenge. It gives us a goal, even if it's one screenshot and absolutely no added story. Just to say, hey, we accomplished something. Even if it's something small.
    I've done several posts since I started blogging sim stories a couple years ago where I just put the pictures because I simply didn't have the strength to tell a story. What you did post set us up to create a head canon story based on the screenshots that you've shared, especially with the little title quotes added to each of your posts. It's a lovely story so far. Great job!
    On a different note, I've caught up on your story so far because I found some time to read, and I added all the sims participating to my game and Lucy actually showed up! So I'm creating a little dialogue/story by combining mine and yours. I love this challenge being a community thing so that I have the ability to do that when I'm particularly struggling creatively because of everything else going on.
    I have a rather painful emotionally life changing event going on, and it makes it hard to write. So just wanted to say that all support for you with whatever you're struggling with right now as well. ^^ I'm glad you're pushing through to share with us all, just like your sim is pushing through her struggles. <3
    Post edited by Shadami on
    @miss_eulenauge and @permanentrose
    Hey, no worries about no story right now with your posts. A story is not required with this challenge! The same goes for comments! :) I always say real life responsibilities and struggles always come first and foremost. Just take care of yourself, that's what's most important! Don't let the challenge stress you out on top of whatever else is going on, okay? *Hugs* <3

@SoulGal7
    Oh cool, Dylan joined the Drama club! I plan to have Cale join that too, but probably not until next month. Cute club outfit, looks good on Dylan. Yep Dylan, climbing the mountain isn't cheap, best be prepared! Sage advice from Kado! Oh Wow, Dylan had incredible luck with the Simmi machine! Wahoo, Cha-Ching! I don't know what it is about that particular machine, but it seems to give the best Simmis in my experience. HAHA! Love the faces he made trying to coax that stuck Simmi out of the machine. Good luck conquering the mountain Dylan, you can do it! 👍

I will never understand why our Klepto Sims steal dirty dishes. The Devs certainly have a twisted sense of humor eh? I can somewhat understand the posters and books, but dirty dishes? Gross! 🤢

@LegacySims2017
    Thank you! I love it too! <3

I don't know why they let NPC Sims do stuff our playable Sims can't do, for instance fishing in the bitter cold. How is that fair? Sheesh! Ah well... The snowy sports are definitely helping Cale keep his focus on other things rather than being angry. I think it helps him blow off steam in a more constructive manner. He has some goals now. I'm sure L. is very proud of him. :)

@afai1261
    Aww, Aaron is so incredibly adorable with his teen awkwardness! So sweet how Hunter took that drink so he could be with Aaron during the day. Hey Aaron, heads up, he did that for you, he likes you, just kiss the boy already! hehe I know you have plans for a different place, which is cool. It's heart-warming seeing this relationship blossom slowly instead of going super fast like Cale. :D Whoever ends up being 'the one' for Cale, I plan to make it extra special for the two of them too. IF, that is, he does find someone special to share his life. Who knows, he might just end up being single with lots of 'friends with benefits. We'll see... :)

Hey Robin and there's Cale too, cool! Love seeing him in your game. :) Ugh, I had that happen in my game last night too, not with Cale though. I locked the door for everyone but household members after she left. Interesting how Aaron likes to kick over the trash can when he's angry. Cale's never done that. It just goes to show that those who say all our Sims act exactly the same are wrong, they don't! ;)

hehe Glad you liked it! I thought it was hilarious and very appropriate for that screenshot! :) I know, right? Poor Cale! Love the lighting in this game, especially now that I use a custom graphics rules file for my game. hehehe Gah! I laugh now over that, but it is VERY true, that's all he wants to do it seems when left to his own devices. Well, and troll teh forums. 🙄

@Shadami
    No worries about linking to the Rags to Riches rules you found. I know there are a lot of different versions if one wants to play an 'official' challenge for it. I was just curious. :) Great screenshot of Velma skiing! Thanks for letting me know it's okay for Cale and Velma to possibly have a baby in the future. :)

Just a tip that I was given when I first started this challenge last year. Editing a post to add more is fine, but those you've tagged after an edit to something you've already posted won't get the notice. It's best to just start a new post for comments in this case. :) Also, sometimes I can only post the daily post pic with a 'coming soon' under the notes and edit it later. In that case, I do a new post giving notice I've done that so everyone knows it's been edited/updated. :)

My update will be coming up sometime this afternoon/early evening. Have a great day/night everyone!
    January 16

xQZlRwV.jpg
    It was finally starting to feel like spring. Robin took a vacation day from school and then started off her day by taking Pepper for a walk.lPg54xY.jpg

She had to pop by the Onsen since that's the only lot I have a computer in this world and she needed new rock climbing gear, and while she was there, I spotted Essa wandering around in her dark form. I decided she should be a vampire in my save too, since she's married to Damon and both her daughters are vampires too. @Karababy52
    PKzDLdm.png

Anyway, I popped into the other neighborhood with a climbing wall after that, as I wanted Robin to try that one. It was definitely harder, but she made some good progress.
    SIo6B8J.png
    Dh12tqo.jpg

I forced her to do some fishing too, since it's a skill I want her to have despite her aversion to it, and I'd like to complete the Angling Ace aspiration eventually too.
    k5iEkme.png

As expected though, it made her quite sad. "I'm sorry little guy, but I need the skills and the money..."
    46cDsvd.png

Next day was Saturday and she did some more climbing, this time with Aimi. I always forget how tedious this skill is to build.
    of2XuHd.jpg

Oof. But I needed an injury for the milestone...so yay? :D
    1CelqV2.png

The forest spirits were there again, and this time, Robin got one of those little dolls from trying to collect them. I think they make great little unique keepsakes. Her sister Ruby has one that her mother, Jules, collected for her and put in her nursery when she was a baby.
    xuLay6l.jpg

They ended the evening cloud gazing as the sun began to set.
    B7u2YYw.jpg
    @permanentrose
    Absolutely love Spring in this game, it's so beautiful! Great daily post pic! Well Hi there Essa, looking good dear! Oh cool, thanks for doing that, it does make sense. She's a vampire in mine too, as you know. Love that dress on her! <3 Great screenshots of she and Aimi rock climbing too! Those forest sprites seem to love that little garden area at the top of the medium walls in that neighborhood. They showed up three times in a row the last time Cale was there. Never tried to collect those, I've read they usually get upset and curse your Sim from doing that. Did Robin and/or Jules get cursed? They do make a cute collectible though. :) Aww, her pouty face after catching that fish is so sad. Sorry little fishies, ah well... Gorgeous last screenshot with the two of them cloudgazing! Bet you (and Robin) are relieved it's Spring now. Yay! \o/
    @Karababy52
    Oh thank you for the reminder! I completely forgot that was a thing.

@Carebear92 and @miss_eulenauge
    I posted something in an edit to you both a couple posts above this one. :D

@KateLynne
    I've finally caught up with your tumblr posts for Kenzie! I love the story so far. Funny enough, when I added her in my game, she showed up at the Lounge playing piano! I thought that was really fitting for how your story has gone so far.
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    @Shadami savannah should be in the gallery my ID is NJBrat468.

Little behind on my story lol I have day 3 written just have to type it.
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    edited January 2022
    Day 3 Figuring out a life daily schedule
    Today Savannah is trying to find a better daily routine that will work for her during the week, she needs some balance between work school and her needs. So after work and school she took a 5 hour nap. When Savannah woke up from her nap she did some homework, She didn't complete it all because she was tense due to not being able to have any fun the last few days. After she was semi completed with her homework she went to the vending machine to get some hot soup, the vending machine was nice this time and not put up a fight with Savannah. While she was eating her soup, Savannah was thinking of ways to have fun. The first thought that popped into her head was to go sledding down the bunny slope. So she did just that, she went sledding down the bunny slope which barely gave her any type of fun srnHWyb.png. After sledding, Savannah went down to the lounge to order some fries. When she got to the lounge there was a different bartender. J7dH8qy.png This bartender's name is Ayumi Ota, They had a really nice conversation about Mt. Komoberi. OuPAl24.png Well its almost time for work and her needs are still not up so its going to be a rough day at work in school this morning. Savannah went to work, regardless of her rough past 3 days Savannah ended up getting a promotion after work. Her new position is now bean blender and makes 41 simoleons an hour. After work Savannah decided to use a vacation day for school just to get her needs on track. After a long day of work and selling items she had enough simoleons to at least buy a tent. Savannah felt accomplish. She bought the tent and went to sleep. n0EdItB.png
    I think I confused myself now because the day technically starts at nighttime now. let me know if her story makes sense. This is probably day 3 and day 4 but only counting it as day3. Her new day starts after her nap she takes after school.

Table of Contents
    Post edited by Carebear92 on
    edited January 2022
    Jan 12 - And meanwhile...back in Strangerville

back-in-strangerville-photo.png
    Nick Alto poured himself a drink and thought about the situation he was in. It had been almost two weeks since that kid, Dylan Healy's disappearance, and there was still no word on his whereabouts. Suddenly a knock on the door interrupted his thoughts. It was Antonio.

nick-alto-pouring-a-drink.png

Nick: "Antonio, I hope you have something to report...not like the last report you gave me..."

er-boss-i-have-some-news.png

Antonio: "Well....er....boss...we've searched everywhere...that Healy kid seems to have disappeared..."

Nick gave Antonio an annoyed look, "Disappeared? How could a teen with bright red hair and glasses disappear without a trace? The kid is a pampered rich kid. He has no street smarts. Have you checked with the school?"

antonio-talking-to-nick.png

Antonio: "Yes boss...after...um...well...after he ran when I tried to pick him up at his school...he kind of vanished...we've had our operatives talk to all his friends, and no-one has heard from him..."

Nick walked over to his desk and sat down.

we-must-find-the-kid.png

Nick remained silent and looked at Antonio thinking, "He must have left town then. Have you checked the bus station, train station, airport?"

so-boss-the-kid-seems-to-have-vanished.png

Antonio: "Um...yeah...well...Kirk was doing those rounds..."

Suddenly there was another knock on the door.

Nick: "Enter..."

boss-we-found-out-where-he-has-gone.png

In walked Kirk Sewell. He nodded to Antonio, "Boss...I've got some news..."

Nick looked irritated, "Well, don't just stand there...spit it out..."

Kirk: "Yeah...ok...I was getting to that part...er...yeah...our informer down at the bank told me that the Healy kid withdrew all the cash from his bank account just hours before Antonio was supposed to pick him up. So, I figured he hightailed it out of Strangerville..."

Nick: "Well, at least one of you buttheads has a brain...go on..."

Kirk: "Yeah...so I headed down to the bus station...and then the train station...but I didn't find anything there..."

mt-komorebi-eh.png

Nick: "What about the airport?"

Kirk: "Well, that was my next stop, boss, and even though I showed the photo of that kid to everyone there, no-one saw him....but...then one of the ticket agents remembered this kid...similar height and weight...but with brown hair...no glasses....bought a one-way ticket to San Myshuno. The ticket agent remembers the kid because the kid was kind of nervous, looking around, and paid in cash...and when the kid got the cash out of his backpack, a map fell out..."

hes-escaped.png

Nick raised his eyebrows, "And...so...the ticket agent thought the kid was going somewhere else...?"

Kirk: "Yeah, boss...in fact, the ticket agent saw the name on that map, and even joked with the kid about it..."

Nick, "Get to the point, Kirk...what was the name on the map?"

kirk-sewell.png

Kirk: "Mt. Komorebi, boss...the ticket agent said the kid was going skiing to Mt. Komorebi....was going to catch a train from San Myshuno..."

Nick smiled, "Good work Kirk. So, you think that was him? Dylan Healy? What else did the ticket agent tell you?"

Kirk: "Well, I kind of asked what else she could tell me...you know...what he was wearing and such...I showed her that fake badge and was playing that undercover cop like you told me to...and she described this necklace he had on...with a Chinese symbol on it..."

Nick: "Bingo! That's him! That's the kid. I have a few calls to make to ensure that the kid didn't decide to stay in San Myshuno. You never know, he could have just changed his mind after he got off the plane and stayed there. In the meantime, I want you two bozos to get on a plane to Mt. Komorebi and nose around. Blend in. Get chummy with the locals. Pretend you're on a ski vacation..."

Antonio: "Er boss...I can't ski."

boss-i-dont-ski.png

Nick glared at him, "Then take some lessons...and find out if that Healy kid is there. The kid is smarter than I thought. He's changed his appearance...probably dyed his hair..."

Antonio and Kirk just looked at each other.

have-you-thrown-out.png

Nick bellowed at them, "Why are you still here? I'm not paying you to sit around! Now get out of my office before I throw you out!"

get-out-of-here.png

Antonio and Kirk got up and were grumbling as they left the office.

Nick punched some keys on his keyboard, "Mt. Komorebi...eh? I may have a sim in mind to look after that Healy kid for me." he said as he picked up the phone and made a call.

HEY-I-GOT-A-JOB-FOR-YOU.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Many thanks to these simmers for their creations. Antonio Capone was introduced in Dylan Healy's background story, and Kirk Sewell is a character I created.

The Alto family is a family featured in the Sims 3 who live in Sunset Valley. According to the family bio, "the Altos are ruthless, unafraid to plot the misfortune of those who stand in their way." They are wealthy and own a lot of businesses.

Antonio Capone is one of Nick Alto's thugs, along with Kirk Sewell.

sims-3-alto.png
    mafia-mob.png

The office is a room, and I removed the couch and added a desk.

the-boss-pit-office-credit.png
    edited January 2022
    I still have quite the turmoil going on - without going into too much detail, I have been very much not ok the last months, but am on the road to getting better. It just occasionally stirs up stomething in my head, and that in turn tends to throw all my plans right out of the window :sweat_smile: Oh, and also I've been kind of forced to reevaluate my life and my upbringing. So yay for that... (Sorry, really - at times sarcasm is the only thing I can turn to to explain what's going on rn, so yeah :sweat_smile: )
    But I've really enjoyed taking refuge in your stories, and expressing my feelings through Lucy. Thanks so much! :)

Comment to @Shadami and also @Karababy52 - Thank you guys so so much for your comments! It's really made a crap day better for me. :)
    And to @Shadami especially -
    Thank you also for your kind words about the story, or rather not-so-much story! I was looking at what I could do if I had the time/energy, instead of what I am doing... And your comment just opened my eyes to all the possibilities I have even if it ends up always just being a single photo per day.
    Yay for Lucy showing up, and it's so cool that you included her in your story! I've never had a sim in another person's game before, so I always get super excited by that :D
    I totally agree on this challenge being an awesome outlet of creativity, and I love the community aspect just as much even though I don't comment right now.
    Hugs to you, and I'll be thinking of you and hoping that whatever storm you have going on in life will pass soon and the skies clear up. I'm over here riding the waves the best I can, and I know it'll get better and I have awesome people helping me :)
    ... oops. Guess I felt poetic today and needed to let that out since I am too tired to write up story :sweat_smile:

January, Day 16 - "I'm strong, I can do it, I'm takin' care of myself..."
    01-12-22-7-01-57-PM.png
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    edited January 2022
    Okay time for some comments. So when I would miss commenting on large amounts of posts last year, I would just start catching up with comments on the day that I was able to start commenting again, so I hope you all understand that I'll just be commenting on your most recent posts for my own sanity. I will do my best to reply to any questions you asked in your comments to me though, but sorry if I miss anything! I have been reading your posts as best as I can despite my busy week so I'm somewhat caught up. Thank you though to everyone who has still been making comments on my posts - I always love reading them so much even when I'm not around to properly reply!

@Karababy52
    Amazing picture of Cale skiing in your daily pic! He's really starting to get the hang of skiing. Nice that he got to check that milestone off too! Always nice to see Josh in your game too - and fun to see what our background sims decide to do autonomously. He really does look ready to take on the mountain excursion - soon enough I'm sure! And I did just have to do a quick comment about Cale's new romantic interest since I missed commenting that day. Is she Morgyn's and (please forgive me, I can't remember if it's Josee or Jessah who married him) daughter? She's very pretty! And wow, Cale's moving fast, but it makes sense that he's gonna be moving through romances quickly with his 100 baby goal haha ;) Will be fun to see where his romance with Morrigan goes for now though. Perhaps she'll be his mountain climbing buddy?

And for some replies - Agnes did hit Robin with her purse, but I didn't end up getting any good screenshots so I didn't use them in my update. The sim to the right of Agnes is one of my creations - her name is Saanvi Reddy. If you remember from last year, Ruby used to play with a cute toddler in Britechester named Theo (who is now grown up and married to Kristine). Saanvi is Theo's mom's sister :) Robin has gotten a few negative moodlets when trying to collect forest spirits, but usually when they get the doll it's a successful interaction, at least as much as I can remember. I actually played that post so many days ago now that I can't remember :D I only have one more post saved up so I'm really hoping to squeeze in some play time today or tomorrow!

@Shadami
    Welcome to the challenge! Love that you are only using basegame and snowy escape CAS stuff for Velma! She's very pretty and I will be adding her to my game when I can! She's been making good progress, and your screenshots are lovely!

@Skeilah
    Aw such cute little toddlers. I love their colorful hair. You're making some good progress with Bryon on vacation, always fun to see his whole family too! Glad you found some time to pop in and post!

@miss_eulenauge
    Poor Lucy has been having some tough days, but she'll get on her feet soon <3

@SoulGal7
    Fun to see your progress with Dylan so far! And nice that he's in a relationship with Kaori now! She really is making a lot of appearances, especially as a romantic interest, in a lot of our stories haha. I feel like I'm indirectly using her for that purpose too, since Aimi is her daughter after all :D Also seeing him do Drama Club is reminding that I've been wanting Robin to sign up for scouts.

You always do put into so much time and dedication when telling a story, definitely fun to see what's going on in the search for Dylan. It gives you a great reason to have him move each month to keep him on the run!

@LegacySims2017
    It is a bummer that pets can't protect sims against vampire break ins, since I bet a lot of them would haha.

I do hope your game gets back in order soon, such a bummer to have it not working properly. It's so nice you've still been popping in to keep up with us though! Can't wait to see DJ back in action!

@afai1261
    There's my Robin again! Glad she and Aaron seem to be bonding in both of our games. Ugh those townies are awful. I use a mod that stops any random sims from being generated. It's kind of a pain to make sure all NPC roles get filled in my game with that mod, but it's also worth it since I don't see those townie atrocities walking around my game either haha. I'm loving his growing romance with Hunter, and I'm assuming that special kiss will be on the top of Mt. Komorebi after the excursion - just a guess ;) Sometimes it's nice to be forced to take a romance slow - makes for a good build up and back story. I somehow held off on Jules kissing the guy she ended up with until May last year, haha, even though I knew they were gonna end up together basically all the way back in January :D Love your screenshots though, and I'm glad you've been having fun with writing a story too, always fun to use our creativity in challenges like this!

@Carebear92
    You'll get into a groove with Savannah soon and figure out how much you want to play! I sometimes only make it through half of a sim day and other times I play like 3 or 4 days at a time, it just depends, and the nice thing about this challenge is that you don't have to do it by sim day, it's up to you how much each update covers. Glad Savannah has a tent now too!

@RememberJoy Great progress with Adam!

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 16th: Filling needs

r0xrs5M.png
    So I woke up this morning with two problems: my social needs were way down and after paying bills I only had six simoleans in my pocket. I decided to focus on the social need first and invited Kaori to the gym. We kicked around a ball for a bit before I accidentally kicked it into her face; whoops.
    Ek7bh6x.png
    To make up for it I gave her a kiss and offered to message her neck.
    4nHWBHH.png
    BcbpmIr.png
    This ended up making us both a bit flirty and we spent some time flirting in the middle of the gym. With my social needs somewhat filled my focus turned to money, or lack there of. I set my mat up outside the gym and invited a bunch of sims, but for some reason I ended up with only one student; this was no good, so I headed back to the park for another class. This time I ended up with seven students as I advertised it as a family friendly session and was able to draw in some of the kids playing there.
    MAEjInv.png
    With my pockets feeling a little heavier, I returned to the cliffs to work on my rock climbing. On the way I ran into some forest spirits, but they were not feeling generous today and I got nothing from them.
    ItSUYnn.png
    After a couple climbs up and down I was able to level up, but I think I'm still going to need more practice before attempting Mt Komorebi.
    5Q0xCU0.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top