Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    Jan. 8th - the one with the disappointment
    df111c7668fa3b4eafa4f480b32cfff9589299c3.png
    a2e2a41ce7e49a0ed252ba4011e0b2d71894d4e7.png
    7c5765174c16330c32c33717831d14b5924b08c7.png
    330106f3b955e4ea041f9868627d96514b64483f.png
    Kenzie woke up super excited since it was parent’s day at her school. She put on a special outfit, did her hair with Gemma and went to the lounge where everyone was set to meet.
    More and more parent’s were arriving, but Kenzie’s table remained empty.
    Since she didn’t want to burden Gemma she went to Yamachan.
    Her friend Koji saw her and tried to cheer her up. He recommended a scenic hiking trail to cheer her up.
    Will try to comment and reply asap.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2022
    * Everyone - I've been thinking it's time to change my avatar to Cale now. I love the one I currently have for Josh & Essa, but their time is over now. :/ In light of that I spent way too much time (but it was fun!) making a new one featuring Cale...and then another and another. o.O Now I have three that I will most likely rotate between until another screenshot of him catches my eye. However, I can't decide which one to use first or is the best of the bunch. I would welcome and love your opinion. :)

Dofo1zW.png

Dangerous

iTgpRfP.png

Mountain

olej9Ww.png

Thank you so much! I'll have today's update to post in a couple hours or so. Hope y'all are having a fabulous day/night! <3
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Karababy52 , I vote that last one, as it so clearly is from Snowy Escape , and maybe use it for this month? Then for next month take another one what clearly is representing Windenburg :P

Just an idea :)

ETA: what reminds me, I should change avatar... someone told me today that Christmas is over already :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    EDIT for Day 8: edited to add story. I felt a little down today, that's probably reflected in the story. I wanted to add actual stuff happening, like her getting the lot, but I just... didn't feel that today. I hope you like it anyway! :)
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited January 2022
    Day 8: Checking off my to-do list

Today's Accomplishments:
    Swim in river
    Soak in hot spring
    Go sledding three times
    Eat with chopsticks
    Socialize at onsen
    Become emotionally mindful
    Guide others (Zen Guru)

ZObElGc.png
    Grandpa gave me a list of things I really needed to try while here, so I've set aside today to honor his wishes. The first thing was swimming in the local river. While it's still spring and the air is brisk, I've heard cold water can be healthy to swim in so I gave it a go and fortunately didn't turn blue.
    XJVf6wC.png
    He also said i had to try to eat with chopsticks at least once so I ordered some food and gave them a try; it didn't go well.
    aVe5Ij1.png
    I still had a few more things to do in the mountains as well, so I made my way back up there and went sledding a few times (he told me I had to sled at least three times in a row for some reason).
    cjsAl1J.png
    I than headed to the onsen and soaked for several hours until I became emotionally mindful and had a chat with some of the other sims in the pool with me.
    0nuD0YJ.png
    ku9fhOa.png
    I returned to the walking paths in town in hopes of finding more of the forest spirits as they had been very generous towards me earlier, but unfortunately I could find none so I hosted a class to earn some money instead. I got three students this time, but the one who insulted me yesterday left half-way through without paying; it seems to be my fate.
    8SnGRBj.png
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    * Everyone - I've been thinking it's time to change my avatar to Cale now. I love the one I currently have for Josh & Essa, but their time is over now. :/ In light of that I spent way too much time (but it was fun!) making a new one featuring Cale...and then another and another. o.O Now I have three that I will most likely rotate between until another screenshot of him catches my eye. However, I can't decide which one to use first or is the best of the bunch. I would welcome and love your opinion. :)

I agree with the others, I like the third one with him on the mountain.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited January 2022
    @miss_eulenauge
    @afai1261
    hehe, great to see their friendship blossom :) Awww... a pretty cool guy, huh? Lol, the "writing bug"... I feel that :)

Yeah, I loved that picture, and I had a lot of fun writing that scene with Grampa :) Thank you!

Hello Robin! :) Really he's really sweet with Hunter... Heh, he's quite determined with the Vampires, huh? Perhaps he's just trying to sweet-talk you as you like the Vampires so much :D Hey Selena! :) What a sweet sentiment too <3

Woooo Lucy! Wow! Never had any of my Sims in anyone's game so I'm super excited she showed up :D
    Thank you! They get along really well.
    i don't know how to flirt so that was the best I could do :joy:
    I had intended to write only a paragraph about Hunter but then the words kept flowing and suddenly I had dialogue and a whole scene :D

I was happy to see Robin, even if she herself wasn't very happy :D
    Haha yeah he definitely knows how much I love vampires. Can't wait until August when he gets to be a vampire himself (and meet all of my other vampires)! I don't even remember the last time I played with a human sim apart from Aaron (been solely playing with mermaids, spellcasters and vampires recently).
    I love that he got a sentiment for Hunter. Perfect way to finish up working on that project.

:smiley:<3 I was excited that she showed up too haha. And it seems that she wants to be better friends with Aaron because whenever a San Myshuno festival is on, she's always inviting him. I keep having to make him decline because it's against the rules though :/

@Karababy52
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @afai1261
    He does look pretty good eh? hehe Wait until he's Level 10 fitness, Dude will be a gorilla! o.O Hey! You're an Adam Lambert fan too? That's fantastic! I don't know many others on here that like the guy and his music. I love him myself, best voice in the industry right now in my opinion. Love Ghost Town and that 'other' song! He is a magnificent front man for Queen too! But enough about Adam, I could blather on about him forever. <3

Thanks, I'm weak for sunsets/sunrises in this game. Especially here, Selvadorada and most of all, Sulani. They seem to be more purple than anywhere else, my favorite color. :) Oh yeah, he was enraged about that stuff. But then, seems like 95% of the time he's enraged! 🙄 I had no idea the hot head trait was so strong! However, I'm loving the faces he makes. hehe Oh sure, that's the only place I've had the invisible glitch myself until now. Just a friend, yes. Too bad our teens can't have romantic relationships with YAs without a mod. Although, it does make for some interesting storylines when they can't. i.e. Essa/Josh.

Very cool how so many challenge teens spawned in the park for Aaron to meet! I wonder why he's giving DJ the stink eye! hehe And now he's looking angry at Adam. Sheesh! Must be his trait in action too. Or the fact he's a loner and he's slowly becoming surrounded by Sims. Poor guy... Cale's caught a couple of those fire opals too, sold! I'm sure the rest will show up at some point. Reminds me that I need to put everyone in my save too. The only reason I haven't yet is the thought of putting allll that CC in my game is making me a bit anxious. I'm still somewhat of a newbie to CC/Mods and don't really have much of it. I will though after I get all our Sims. Oh well, they need to look like themselves or what's the point eh? :)
    I have a sim who doesn't even have level 10 fitness yet and he is built like a tank :D He was fairly muscular when I first created him, but still. He's an actor so when he has to do fitness skill for his gigs he just keeps bulking up.

Yes! I'm not an Adam Lambert superfan or anything like that but he has a lot of songs that I enjoy. A friend introduced me to Two Fu* and it instantly became one of my favourite songs. I still like to listen to Whataya Want From Me from time to time too even though it's old now. Oh and Ghost Town was an instant hit with me too. He does have an amazing voice.

Purple is one of my favourite colours too :smiley: I've never really paid attention to the sunset or sunrise in TS4, maybe I should start haha.
    I've never seen Aaron be that angry over his non-fish catches. Interesting how the same trait (hot headed) can manifest itself in different ways.

It was so nice to see them all and making Aaron meet them all as much as he hates meeting new people was fun too :D Oh yeah he was just doing a random teen idle animation when DJ showed up but it does look like he's giving him the stink eye! He just so happened to be looking at DJ when he did it. I'm pretty sure he wasn't angry but yeah his loner trait was definitely acting up surrounded by all these (to him anyway) random sims.
    I used to use a tonne of CC but removed it all last July after I couldn't be bothered adding it back after a patch (laziness for the win) but slowly started putting it back in for Aaron specifically, and now I have it all for the other challenge sims too. My other saves will remain entirely CC free though, when I go back to playing them that is.

@SoulGal7
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Aaron - Jan 4-Yeah! Aaron has a bed now. Oh gosh! And he had to eat the spoiled fruit, but, hey, when you are hungry, you need to eat...anything. And poor Aaron goes sledding and becomes battered and bruised. Oh gosh! How is he ever going to make it through the rock climbing? lol Nice pic with Yamachan, at least he's smiling. And Aaron might not like fitness, but he sure can climb that vending machine! And congrats for getting that milestone. Funny snowpal. And yes, I definitely think that Aaron likes the Onsen.
    Thank you :)
    Since spoiled food doesn't kill them and still raises the need bar, I just had him eat it. Just caused some nausea so he was uncomfortable and couldn't fish for a while but the moodlet goes away pretty fast. Yeah honestly I do not have the slightest clue how he's going to survive the mountain :D But he'll get there. Hopefully haha
    Comments:
    I hope I didn't miss anyone, please let me know if I did. I had to take a break at least 3 times, so it might have happened. ^^"

@lilypadmeulin
    Love her cozy little house. Can't wait to see what she does with it.
    Also yay for getting a job and completing the first part of her aspiration. ^^

@Karababy52
    Congrats on reaching level 10 for the fishing! What an accomplishment!
    I love how Cale is working on his attitude.
    I hope it pays off! Also yay for finishing his aspiration!

@Ellupelluellu
    Day 6
    Sean's garden is massive! I hope that it brings in a lot of profit.
    Day 7
    The title made me laugh out loud xD
    The following screenshots fit so well.
    Wondering what that idea might be ^^

@LegacySims2017
    Looks like D.J. enjoyed the festival.

@afai1261
    Love the screenshots with everyone, so cute!
    And haha Kenzie's face. xD
    This was a really fun day :D

@miss_eulenauge
    Day 7
    I hope that Lucy's grandpa watches over her. Maybe like a guardian angel?
    Day 8
    I feel so bad for Lucy. Having to deal with so much at such a young age is really hard.
    I hope she feels better soon and maybe even gets to relax a bit.
    Also hope you feel better soon!

@permanentrose
    Jan 8: Love the energy of that first screenshot. So cute!
    Interesting to see her enemy appear. The attraction thing could hint at a classic enemies to lovers kind of thing?
    That mermaid screenshot was kind of magical!

@RememberJoy
    Jan 8:
    The hustle never stops! Amazing to see the long list of accomplishments!

Replies:
    Aaaand the same goes for the replies.
    I just want to say thank you all for replying/commenting.
    It's been so much fun talking to you all, but please don't feel pressured to leave me comments or reply!
    It is super appreciated though. ^^

@afai1261
    Glad to hear that it worked out with Wonderful Whims. ^^
    I am really excited to see where their story goes. ^^

And thank you! I just love taking scenery screenshots.
    The game can look so beautiful.

@Karababy52
    Excited to see his shack progress throughout the month. ^^
    I'll have to check her out. I just really liked her whole vibe.
    But that's the case with most if not all your Sims (those that I have seen so far)
    I usually micromanage a lot as well, but the game started to get too boring for me and so I decided to do things differently.
    That's also why I just love this challenge. It makes me play in a totally new way and finally try new (to me) features. ^^
    And thank you! :) I love landscape screenshots, I always have to remind myself not to overdo it with them.
    I used to have reshade, but my pc can't handle it anymore, so I now just stick my screenshots into Photoshop and play around with them.
    It just makes me happy. ^^

lol sorry for the long reply!

As far as the avatar goes:
    I love the last one as well!
    Fits in so well with Mt. Komorebi and January.

@LegacySims2017
    Thank you. ^^

@miss_eulenauge
    Thank you!
    I honestly was astounded by her skills to keep them on. Must have been the determination to look put together no matter what. :')

@SoulGal7
    Thank you!
    I have to agree, it really fits for Kenzie and everyone else really.
    I feel like this challenge is so much fun because we get to see everyone go on their own journeys.
    Really cool!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2022
    January 5: Mountain Mogul

great-jump-dylan.png
    When I arrived home from school, I looked around the lot and suddenly felt really sad. There was no-one and nothing to come home to. This wasn't even really my place...just an empty lot that I called "home". I think it really hit me then that I was indeed homeless.

he-was-tired-no-fun-coming-home-to-an-empty-lot.png

The only thing that cheered me up was that I knew that today was the day that I got some simoleons for all those Judith Ward autographs. At $800 a pop, it would bring in a nice tidy sum of $12,800 simoleons. I had thought long and hard about what I would do, and decided that I would look around the neighborhood, and see if there were any furnished houses for rent. Nothing permanent. Just something for a month or two.

big-house.png

I changed into some other clothes and decided to walk around. As luck would have it, there was a "for rent" sign on the house next door. There was a website listed on the sign, and I quickly went to it and did the "virtual" tour. It was furnished for tourists who wanted to come to Mt. Komorebi on vacation. The place was gorgeous. Two bedrooms and it even had a small swimming pool. If the price was right, I'd rent it for sure...but then...holy plumbobs, it was $649 simoleons a day! There was no way I could afford this place! I would run out of simoleons before the end of the month.

There must be another place for rent in the neighborhood.

looking-around-the-neighborhood-for-a-house-dylan.png

And then I saw it! It was tucked away down a small drive. A small house, and it looked a bit rundown. I checked out the website. It wasn't gorgeous like the other rental, and it didn't even have a living room. Just one big room with a bed, a small kitchenette and a bathroom. And then I saw a photo of the backyard with a little shrine, and I knew this was the one. It was perfect, and so was the price at $2K for the month.

dylan-looking-at-lot.png

I quickly e-mailed the owner and asked if it was available to move in. They told me it was and we arranged to meet tomorrow to sign the papers and get the house keys. I was pretty excited.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I got a call from Bella asking me if she should go for a promotion at work. I didn't remember giving her this number, but I must have. I told Bella to go for it.

story-progression.png
    ty-for-the-encouragement-bella.png

And little while later, Bella called me again and let me know that she got the promotion. [Note: And Bella gets a sentiment for Dylan; however, I never got a check for 1 done for the Neighborhood Confidante Aspiration. Sheesh!]

BEELA-STORY-PROGRESS-PROMO.png

bella-has-a-sentiment-for-dylan.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kiyoshi Ito had talked to me at school about going to the mountain for some skiing. I told him I had never been skiing before, but Kiyoshi told me that he would give me a few lessons, and that I would be starting on the Bunny Slope anyway. That sounded good. Kiyoshi was actually a snowboarder himself, but he had an old pair of skis that I could have. We arranged for a time to meet, and headed up to the mountain together.

dang-its-cold.png

When we got to the mountain, I'm going to tell you, it was frickin' freezing! The cold and snow were quite a shock to my system. Kiyoshi went to check on the mountain conditions and I sat there doing my homework.

the-first-person-dylan-meets-in-mt-komorebi-is-kyoshi-ito-how-ironic-is-this.png

maybe-not-the-best-shot-of-kiyoshi.png

Kiyoshi came back and reported that it was a bit icy. He handed me a container that looked like a deodorant stick, and showed me how to apply wax to the bottom of my skis. He didn't need to apply it to his snowboard, as he normally gets a hot wax application done at the ski shop. With that done, we took a quick photo together and then headed to the Bunny Slope. Kiyoshi gave me a quick lesson, and then zipped down the slope on his snowboard. Wow! Kiyoshi was really good.

kiyoshi-snowboarding.png

And then it was my turn, and even with the ski lesson, I didn't look like Kiyoshi coming down that slope.

dylan-skiing.png

And there were ski jumps! My heart about lurched out of my chest when I did one.

holy-moley-that-was-wiked.png

I did one run and fell at the bottom of the hill. And it was not a graceful fall. I did a few more runs, and Kiyoshi said I was ready to take the gondola up to the top of the mountain.

the-mountain.png

I looked up at the mountain, and glanced at Kiyoshi in surprise: "Say what? You're kidding, right? You want me to go up THERE?"

scoping-the-scene-dylan-on-the-slopes.png

Kiyoshi laughed: "Dude, where's your sense of adventure? There's an Easy Slope from the top. I've seen you ski. You can do it."

I don't really think that Kiyoshi had seen me ski, because when I saw him, he had been chatting with some good-looking snowbunny at the bottom of the hill. Seen me ski...yeah right...but I went to the top anyway. @KateLynne (Note: Look who's on the slope. It's Kenzie!)

kiyoshi-chatting-and-dylan-skiing.png

When we got to the top, Kiyoshi showed me where the easy slope was and then promptly headed off to an Expert slope. Oh great, he left me alone. I looked down that hill, I think I saw my life flash before my eyes. But I decided to be brave and started to ski down the slope.

another-jump.png

dylan-does-his-first-jump.png
    too-much-slope.png

perhaps-he-needed-more-ski-lessons.png

When I got to the bottom of the hill, my legs felt like rubber. I was ready to kiss the ground and thank the snow gods that I had made it down safely. Easy run...pfft...I was taking my life in my hands skiing down that slope. But, if I was ever going to look like a "hotdog" skier or snowboarder like Kiyoshi, I definitely needed more practice. But right now, I was ready to go home. I felt so battered and bruised. Oh my aching everything!

battered-and-bruised-niidket.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Thanks to this simmer for creating this great build. It is so cheap because the sides of the house are made from roof pieces. I also changed a few things from the original house and a tour will be in the next chapter. The last time, I built a starter house, but decided not to use it this time.

house-credit.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Karababy52 - Re your avatar - I love the one with Cale and the moon. That is my fav. :)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan08.jpg
    January 8: It's a Climb!
    Now it was Sunday. D.J. has been in Mt. Komorebi for a week. He's met a lot of people, mainly his elders. He's even attended one of the town's festivals. Because the fact it was Sunday, D.J. had the day off from not only school, but work as well.

D.J. called up Enele Hauata about his offer to teach rock climbing. Enele, along with his wife and son, were planning to climb Mt. Komorebi, for which the town was named after. He invited D.J. along, but told D.J. there was going to be a lot of training and workout involved. This included skiing to help work the arm and leg muscles. The excursion was going to be in a couple weeks, so D.J. had to work hard and fast if he wanted to tag along.

The two met up at the Mt. Komorebi Gym. There were wall climbing apparatus machines. Enele told D.J. he would start here and eventually move onto actual rock climbing. D.J was given a helmet as he's never wall or rock climbed before. Enele was an expert and showed D.J. some of his skills first before allowing D.J. to give it a try. Enele made it look easy.

dj-01-034.jpg

After Enele climbed to the top, he used the side of the machine to slide down. Then it was D.J.'s turn. He started to climb finding the right footing and where looking which slots to put his hands. Enele told D.J. to climb to the top like he had. D.J. figured this wasn't as hard as he thought it would be. He was getting close to the top when he saw Enele move towards a panel next to the wall and push some buttons. The wall started to move. He was going down. D.J. wondered if the training was already over until Enele shouted out, "I said climb to the top!"

Enele moved back to his original position and stared at D.J. for which he was losing his balance and swung out with one loose hand, the other in a wall spot clinging on. He regained his balance and tried to climb while the wall was moving. He knew the speed of the wall was constant at one speed level, but when he thought he gained momentum, it seemed like the wall did too. Perhaps it was his arms that were making it feel that way. Enele and D.J. took a break for lunch. D.J's body was feeling fatigued.

dj-01-035.jpg
    dj-01-036.jpg

After lunch, Enele took D.J. to the slopes to go skiing. D.J. mentions to Enele that he went sledding the other day and that he had fun. They went to the bunny slopes as this was D.J.'s first time skiing. He was told that eventually he'll be going all the way to the top to ski down before the excursion. D.J. received loaner skis but Enele said he will want to purchase a set eventually for himself.

On more than one occasion, D.J. lost control and landed in a heap of snow by the time he got to the bottom of the slope. His skis and poles laying by his side.

dj-01-037.jpg

Enele showed him up with perfect slides and fancy maneuvers. Even to the point of skiing hands free without his ski poles.

dj-01-038.jpg

Both were having fun, but D.J. also knew this was a learning experience. However, the sun was going to set soon and Enele had to get back to his wife and son. They finished off their day in the Onsen hot springs. The warmth of the water felt good on D.J.'s skin. Enele told D.J. he wanted him to practice at the gym on the wall climber or go skiing at the bunny slopes once a day. He didn't have to do both. He preferred that D.J. go wall climbing more. In a week, he'll check in with D.J. and they'll move to actual rock climbing and ski down the bigger slopes.

D.J was happy to have Enele there. He had a mom and dad at home in Newcrest, but considered Enele to be a father figure to him during his time in Mt. Komorebi. He couldn't wait to participate on the mountain excursion with Enele and his family.

dj-01-039.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Sorry to have been missing the last couple of days but things have been tough this week - I'm taking care of a terminally ill parent and there are times when I can't really even think about getting on to play the game. Hope to be back playing and commenting tomorrow or Monday but I will be catching up.
    January 8th Comments:

@afai1261
    That is :sunglasses: that many of our Challenge Sims came out and visited Aaron. Was cracking up that my D.J. was giving some shifty eyes in a couple screenshots.

@miss_eulenauge
    I was happy D.J. got a rare one on his first three tries. Everyone else seems to be selling theirs. I'm going to have D.J. keep his for a collection. If he gets doubles whenever he buys more, I'll sell those ones.
    I'm sure Lucy's grampa is looking down on her and seeing how independent she is becoming.
    Lucy is going to do just fine. Onche she becomes actively involved in something (besides school), she won't be having negative thoughts. She already knows she's got her cute puppy by her side. Oh, I also spied another four-legged one in the background of your screenshot. :smile:

@permanentrose
    "Apparently it's bring your cat to Mt. Komorebi day" Yes, that was funny. :joy: Aaron can't catch a break in your gameplay let alone in his watcher's @afai1261 :grimace: Good thing Pepper cleaned up what Aaron decided not to. He missed the 5 second rule.

@KateLynne
    Poor Kenzie. I like the styled look she has, though. I hope Koji is also going on the hike with her. I can see this friendship blossom a bit more if so. :blush:

@Karababy52
    My vote is for the "mountain" look as well for your profile to start with. I liked the suggestion of doing one for each month this time around and base it off the theme of the month.

@RememberJoy
    Adam had an eventful time. Too bad you can't kick out a student. :lol: The insulter will now continue to go just to insult him each time. Rude!

@SoulGal7
    Yay. Got stuff fixed!

I love the new rental place for Dylan. Looks to be nice and cozy. I was laughing at Dylan's facial expressions on all the screenshots you got of him skiing. Love it.

@Llandros2012
    Offline stuff comes first, especially when it comes to family and taking care of yourself. I'm sure we can wait a bit for Aldo and his adventures to continue.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited April 2023
    Comments coming later today :)
    January 9
    n7AYysgr_o.jpg
    A bed, and a mini-fridge. That was all he had. Well, those and a few plants - a bonsai bush, and a couple of apple trees. It wasn't much, but it was definitely a start. The issues began when it rained one night and he still didn't have a roof. Disgusted and uncomfortable, and suddenly realising that his fridge was broken because of the weather, he packed them up and brought them to the onsen where he could sleep comfortably without getting wet.

The first thing he did upon waking up was to fix the fridge, and apologise to the onsen patrons who were starting to steadily trickle in. There had been no-one in the building when he had arrived there in the early hours of Wednesday morning but now... He didn't even get to sleep for very long for fear of upsetting the patrons and was soon out the door for some snowboarding, ignoring how sleep deprived he felt. He was glad that it wasn't raining here in Yukimatsu and dreaded returning to Wakaba for the time being. As he snowboarded, when he wasn't having to concentrate too much on staying upright, he found himself thinking of Hunter. It had been a few days now since he had last seen him, and resolved to invite him out somewhere on the weekend. He supposed he had been far too preoccupied with school and fishing to talk to Hunter and hoped like mad that the other boy understood the reason for his silence.

Fishing to make some more money was next on his task list - to get through autumn, he'd need a proper roof over his head and not have to rely on the onsen. Skilled enough now to catch large sturgeon, he made his first 1,000 simoleons and was able to build a rudimentary shack, the Watcher granting him a simple four walls, roof and a door as he discovered when coming home from school on Wednesday afternoon. Nestled inside were of course his bed and mini-fridge, both now safe from the weather which was set to get steadily worse as autumn progressed and winter came.
    He was also able to expand his garden with 2 more bonsai buds that fishing had given him and eagerly awaited his first harvest, very glad that they were in season, as were the apple trees.

He sat down on his bed and looked around the tiny room. It just needed something that little bit extra... Aha! He grinned as he realised just what the tiny home needed, and placed the selfie he had taken with Hunter on the wall above his bed. (Now it's almost a home) he thought to himself, somewhat amazed at what he had accomplished since coming here with absolutely nothing. Sure, it wasn't much right now, but as it expanded and grew it would become so much more, and he could feel proud of himself.

Every so often he would go back out to Yukimatsu to snowboard, enjoy the onsen, and waste his money on Simmis that never turned a profit, subsequently wondering whether he should just give up on collecting those, but he had heard stories of some extremely valuable ones that others had found. But for now, fishing was an excellent way for him to make money and have some fun while he was at it. And the fish he could catch now were enormous.

Friday evening came and Aaron found himself in the park, about to start a school project and roped in assistance from one of the girls he had met on Monday, Kenzie, who had been passing by. When the project was finally finished, he decided to play some chess and met a boy who introduced himself as Aldo.

Returning home, he went to bed and woke up to find that the Watcher had placed down a very peculiar bush in a corner of his lot.
    "You expect me to pee in this?" he grumbled when he realised what the Watcher wanted him to use it for. He swore he heard laughter then (is the Watcher mocking me?!) but went ahead and used it anyway, because for once it was clear he wasn't going to get to go to the park today just yet. And he had really needed to pee anyway, but that didn't change just how gross it was.

His garden was ready to harvest, and as he picked apples and bonsai buds to sell, once again he thought of Hunter and the connection they shared. And after he sold his produce, he remembered that the Festival of Snow would be held later that day and felt excited at the prospect of inviting Hunter to come along. Maybe they could build a cool snowpal together, or even go sledding. That would be fun...

~~~

Whoops this turned into a lot of story lol (haha guess I'm making up for yesterday which had none). But Aaron finally has a little shack! it's not much to look at but at least he can stay dry from the rain now :D

Also yes I did have him take his bed (it's portable) and fridge to the onsen to get out of the rain :joy:
    PVLz0uG.png
    jLuM13c.png

Selfie with Hunter that you can barely see (yes I may or may not have forgotten to give him a light but that'll be fixed soon!)
    iagdTNN.png

School project with Kenzie
    pGL0YH8.png

Meeting Aldo (don't ask me why Aaron is sad/uncomfortable/whatever lol)
    OlIOsHi.png

Don't worry Aaron, this is the only time you'll have to use it :D
    lwpbLJH.png

Okay, you want to see Hunter, don't you?
    b9V5hMN.png
    Fine, fine! Just after you harvest your plants.

But finally seeing Hunter again (after almost one sim week) is for tomorrow's update :p

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited January 2022
    @Ellupelluellu
    Hahaha woohoo mentor, love it :D
    Poor Sean, homework is such a drag! Felt very much like that myself with many of my uni assignments last year

@miss_eulenauge
    Awesome writing! Lucy's despair really comes through (plus hope you're doing better yourself now <3 )

@permanentrose
    Love that pic of Robin on the ice.
    Aww hey Rowan and Ruby! And adorable little Brock.
    Haha love bring your cat to Mt K day :joy:
    It just hit winter in my game and I have no idea how Aaron is going to make any money lol because it's too cold to fish
    Hi Aaron!!! So lovely to see you! I'm happy he autonomously came over to talk to her!
    Oh no the table is gone lol. He looks so mad, poor dude. Pick it up off the ground, sheesh!

@KateLynne
    Oooof that's harsh, Kenzie needs a hug ASAP! I'm glad Koji was there for her though!

@Karababy52
    I love all three of those options but I think the idea of having a new picture each month reflecting that month's world is super cool so I say go for option 3, mountain :)

@RememberJoy
    Well done to Adam for achieving all those goals! Also love how you're incorporating the tasks of the aspiration into the story as goals given to him by Grandpa!

@SoulGal7
    Look at Dylan go!
    Ah, there are those feelings about what a home is... poor Dylan.
    Oh wow he sold all the autographs! That's some great money.
    Congrats to Dylan on getting his first house!
    Kiyoshi just ditches Dylan for the expert slope... you can do it Dylan!

@LegacySims2017
    DJ is getting a good start on his rock climbing skills! Nice of Enele to teach him and give him some tips on how to prepare for the excursion.
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 8: "Shack Reno"

ZCV1bwT.png

Notes
    WYca68o.png
    Now that Cale is Level 10 in fishing, he can try to angle for a big catch. Just like his fishing buddy, Josh, his brothers and Essa are always doing.

OBYdJBN.png
    Nice cast Cale!

AsG8UZt.png
    While he was fishing, that same cat came around and started howling at him again. Rather than get annoyed about it, Cale decided to try to make friends with the feline. However, he/she (I forgot to look for the name) didn't want to be friends and hissed at him.

XYxNCj4.png
    Cale was in a very good mood today and didn't let that bother him. He was determined to make this cat his friend. He offered a big treat which the cat eagerly accepted! Cool!

lPMce8n.png
    "You like that huh? Can we be friends now?"

KpxcDZ5.png
    Apparently not, the cat immediately trotted away, still munching on the treat. Look at that face. I've seen that face, but where? Hmm...

D7MJOyO.png
    Cale didn't get angry about the cat running off after he/she got what it wanted, which surprised me. Seems like every little thing sets him off. A few minutes later the cat came back. Apparently it loves Cale now. hehe

VOFtyPE.png
    "Snooze ya lose cat. Sorry, you blew it. No way am I giving you this big of a fish! Woo!"

I swear the cat must've understood what he said because when Cale didn't give him the fish or another treat, it sauntered away for good this time. I have a feeling it might come back. Anyway, that sturgeon is the last of 10 in a row Cale caught! 10!!

He'd saved up almost 6K prior to harvesting his garden and catching all those fish and a few other things. The total now was just a little over 10K! Holy Simoly! Tomorrow is the first day of Fall and I'd planned to do a reno to give him a greenhouse or just cover the plants with a roof anyway today. But now, he was able to do much more! I still tried to keep it a bit shabby, but hey, for a 15 year old, he has a pretty decent place.

N3LO2l3.png
    The daily pic is a view of the front, here's the right side. Opted to just extend the roof instead of building a fully enclosed greenhouse. It has the same siding and roof styles, but changed the trim to brown instead of the sickly greenish brown it was before. The house has SE windows now too.

yaMYLy6.png
    Back yard includes a tree! Woo, you're moving up in the world Cale!

8NoQ3yr.png
    Left side is quite plain. I didn't do any landscaping at all except for the tree and a bit of terrain paint here and there. Oh! It's on a foundation now too.

CrVRZ4U.png
    Overhead Layout view. Rather than do close-up screenshots of every room since they're so small, I figured y'all would see it as I post for Cale. Some of the new things are a stove where the fridge was located, a new fridge, counters and sink. I put the other one in the bathroom. New table, folding chairs, rug, flooring and a few other things including a space heater in the living area and bedroom.

Same bed, but new dresser, a small plant, a box for a side table, one of the SE posters for an accent behind the bed, and the SE wall hanging with climbing equipment. He also has the retro TV from the EL pack on the dresser.

The bathroom was extended a little, new tiling behind all the plumbing, new toilet and new flooring. Just a bare florescent light above the sink, there's one of those above the stove too, and a shelf with a couple things. I put pebbles under the shower drain and that rug that looks like slats to stand on. Last but not least new wood flooring in the bedroom and living area, plus Batuu rock tiling in the bathroom and under the kitchen area.

fOjGiXe.png
    That's all for now! Good night everyone, have a great day tomorrow!
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my January 8th post above! I apologize, but comments/replies will have to wait until morning, it's getting late here and there's no way I'd be able to finish them before I need to go get some rest. Thank you to everyone that posted your opinion about my avatars. I haven't read all your posts yet, but I'll do that before I leave and add whichever one y'all liked the best! Thanks again and I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow! Sweet Dreams! <3
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan09.jpg
    January 9: Ate My Money!
    Monday arrived and D.J. came out of his tent from a good night sleep. It snowed overnight which seemed to be a blizzard. The green grass and mud piles had disappeared and fluffy white snow took its place. D.J. enjoyed seeing green while it lasted. It still was snowing heavily and he could see his breath.

dj-01-040.jpg

D.J. went back inside his tent and changed to something warmer and then headed over to the Onsen for a quick breakfast from one of the vending machines. He had 301 simoleons on him. Not much, he thought. Thankfully the Hot Chatter Coffee was only 7 simoleons. He's still trying to save up to have an outhouse and an outdoors shower built near his tent.

dj-01-041.jpg
    dj-01-042.jpg

But his coffee never dispensed. The vending machine gladly took D.J's simoleons for free. He became tense and upset at the vending machine.

dj-01-043.jpg
    dj-01-044.jpg

D.J. was going to have his coffee and he wasn't going to pay for another one. In a rage, he yells at the vending machine to give him his coffee while grabbing the top and shaking it. He threw all his weight on it as well giving it a hard push. The vending machine lost and D.J. won and received his coffee.

dj-01-046.jpg
    dj-01-047.jpg

After school, D.J. made his way to the Mt. Komorebi Gym. He was glad to go wall climber rather than skiing out in the heavy snowfall happening. The gym was well heated as well. Sundays and Mondays were D.J.'s two days off from work, so he could spend the rest of the evening here. He started off with a couple hours of wall climbing training. He used the panel he saw Enele use to make it move and started it up. This was the only way he was going successfully complete the task given to him.

dj-01-048.jpg

Instead of going to the Onsen to use their showers and the hot springs, D.J. used the gym showers instead. Heavy snowfall was continuing to come down. After taking his sharing, there was a group gathered. Not realizing that he hadn't changed, he greets them and listens in on their conversation.

One person was talking about looking into hiking one of the trails. D.J. wasn't aware there were walking trails around. Of course, everything's been nothing but snow for awhile. He thought it would be nice to do some walking to clear his head. He asked where this trail was to one of the Sims in the group. He was responded with there was an information board where it shows what trails are open and closed. D.J. would have to look into this on another day when the snow isn't like a blizzard outside. Walking a trail could be what he needs to clear his mind.

dj-01-049.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    Is it to late to join the challenge? Never posted or commented anything on here a day in my life so I’m new to this.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2022
    January 9

gzVbZqd.png
    I had Robin purchase Aimi a Winterfest gift since it's just a day away now. I just don't have the time for her to muddle through a new skill to make her something right now. The little bear will do :) I had to laugh at that Agnes cross stitch :D
    FGwH8zk.png

While Robin was at school, the mail carrier came with her bills...though honestly why even worry about paying them right now, it's not like there's anything on her lot to turn off :D The mail lady looks apologetic at least haha.
    8nsLmj0.png

Robin brought another cousin home from school with her. Ivy is the daughter of Emmett's brother, Ezra, and Isla, daughter of Rose and Carrie.

"Seriously, this is where you live?"
    Xyq9rrl.png

Aimi invited herself over as well. "What are you two arguing about?"
    "Ivy is complaining that there's no where warm to hang out here..." Robin explained.
    "Then let's go to the hot springs!" Aimi suggested.
    nlZV128.png

They stayed in the hot springs for a long time, since I was determined to have Robin knock off that milestone, and while they were there, several challenge sims showed up!
    First, Aaron. Poor Billie Jang looks like she regrets sitting next to him :D@afai1261
    dN57jop.png

Resident bad boy Dylan. (Needed to make a substitution for his hair since I didn't have that pack) @SoulGal7
    4bu9Hc9.png

Selena (hair substitution necessary too) @lilypadmeulin
    eYaGN5a.png

Aldo (yet another hair substitution needed :D) @Llandros2012
    Jiizx3z.png

And finally, Louise. @miss_eulenauge
    ZaqV5ou.png

After the hot springs, Robin went over to Aimi's house for dinner. Aimi and her family were going away for Winterfest, so Robin and Aimi had agreed to celebrate together tonight. First, they had dinner with Aimi's family (Not sure where Kiyoshi disappeared to, but we almost got everyone sitting at the table this time)
    JQaiQZU.jpg

Then, they exchanged gifts. Robin gifted her the little bear she had purchased earlier.
    upwDlF6.png

And Aimi gave Robin a pair of her spare skis so she could practice while she was away. (Aimi really did have a pair of skiis in her inventory so it was the perfect gift! As a note, I have MCCC so I use MCCC control a lot to control sims I'm not actively controlling)
    3EV9fjV.png

Since they're to the point of exchanging gifts, it only seemed natural to make their relationship official <3
    OpUtJ70.png

---
    So I really need to focus on Robin making some money. I don't remember it taking Jules this long to get on her feet last year haha, but then again, I did start in spring last year, and Willow Creek (the world I began in last year) was teeming with plants and collectables. But I'm gonna have Robin ignore all social calls for a while - Aimi can stay on a trip with her family for a bit - and really just get down to business so Robin can make some money and hopefully start building herself a shelter and buying proper rock climbing gear too!

Comments coming later today!
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 9th: Getting to know Kaori

Today's Accomplishments:
    Receive a gift from forest spirits
    Completed Mt Komorebi Sightseer
    Use Mt. Komorebi info board

4bsDMx1.png
    Today started out typically, I went to the gym and practiced my rock climbing and got ready for the day. I ran into Kaori again and we kicked a soccer ball around for a bit and I seemed to impress her a little bit more than last time.
    zASlPCa.png
    I returned to the park for a yoga lesson and even had a couple kids show up (yes the adult left halfway through, sigh).
    jiqsnSR.png
    Kaori was in the neighborhood, so I invited her to join me for an evening hike. We seemed to hit it off well and were both able to outmaneuver the local insect menaces.
    qfQpVzd.png
    zayMUE7.png
    We found some forest spirits and I received a nice gift from them and officially completed Grandpa's list of things to do around Mt Komorebi. Next up: Extreme Sports!
    1ehfuVn.png
    I said goodbye to Kaori and led one more class and even received a nice tip!
    gPKwwrX.png
    I returned to my lot and decided it was time to start building a shelter. It doesn't look like much, but it's a start!
    ut5sCQ3.png
    edited January 2022
    Jan. 9. - The one with the new home
    fffb6b69d8eecf617a73c8b239954d4127587506.png
    Today I really only have a short update. Two of the screenshots after the cut are just scenic ones that I felt that were pretty. They don't really add anything to the story though. That will continue tomorrow. I also added a screenshot of all of Kenzie's skills. More on that after the cut.
    Kenzie finally got herself a little house. So far it only fits a little bathroom, an mini kitchen and a bed. But it has a roof and it is all hers.

I also decided to post a little skill overview every sunday from now on. I think it’s super interesting to track her accomplishments etc. over the time of the challenge. :)
    33a2792d5183b98fa2f4f67ff18025308663c65f.png
    dca37494ce808cc4bc555adecfb2811cce27f9aa.png
    ebcd06661d76007745eba5cce3dbac73aeb3d337.png
    Comments are going to be up later. I have some cooking to do first. ^^
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    Aw, bummer about his snowpal melting, but the warmer weather will mean it's easier to fish and harvest. Looks like he had a nice time at the Festival of Snow too! Great rock climbing pics in your next update! Good idea to have him practice at a gym first. It's nice that he has found a father like figure in Enele. I remember you doing that last year with Jackson and Makoa

@Ellupelluellu
    Lol, Sean doing his homework is exactly how I feel when I have to do my schoolwork :D Lol, seems like Joel is gonna be helpful for a lot of parts of Sean's life :D

@afai1261
    I'm glad you're enjoying the Aimi/Robin romance. They are just so cute I can't even stand it.

So fun to see so many challenge sims in your Jan 8 update! I had to check who had posted since I wasn't sure from your daily pic :D It really just looks like a challenge sim party. He does look so happy fishing in solitude at the end haha. Loner sims are interesting to play because of that I like the idea of that trait, but then I get sad when they don't want to hang out with my other sims :D

@miss_eulenauge
    Both Robin and Aimi's colorful jackets are from the Snowy Escape. The winter clothes are a really fun from that pack!

Nice update, I love how Brindleton Bay looks in the evening too! Hope that Lucy starts getting some answers soon! Cute you got the bear on the mailbox too!

@Karababy52
    Thanks about my daily pic - I forgot to mention, but that was because Robin autonomously decided to ice skate at 5am haha. And there was definitely times that Robin can't interact with the water to swim in it because it's too cold, so I'm not sure why she was able to plunge into the ice haha. Not sure why only some family members spawn together and others don't. Ruby's daughters or husband didn't show up either.

@SoulGal7
    Haha, I totally did think of you when I wrote about them watching the Olympic trials :)

Glad to see your game working again! Lovely screenshots, I love seeing Mt. Komorebi so green in your guys' games since it's so drab in my world right now. And so funny how Bella keeps inserting herself into Dylan's life haha. Haha, funny skiing pics. I'm sure he'll get the hang of it in no time though.

@KateLynne
    Aw, poor Kenzie, with her parents not showing up :( I wonder if we'll get to meet them eventually in your challenge.

And I have considered doing an enemies to lovers thing with Robin and Ophelia, we'll see how things pan out though. I'm feeling rather attached to Aimi at the moment haha.

@RememberJoy Nice progress with Adam!

---

I'm just gonna go ahead and post these comments now even though I still have posts to catch up on. I just have to head out now but I'll finish up later!

@SoulGal7
    Cale had a great convo with a different pretty stall vendor in my most recent post, but the one you're referencing he had on the 3rd, didn't go so well. o.O But anyway, yes, it's good to have friends. Or in Cale's case, contacts for later er, activities. ;) He could've roasted a fish, but then he'd have a bunch of leftovers with no fridge to put them in, at the time. hehe I suppose he could've left the rest on a picnic table for other Sims or cats though. *shrugs*

Cale's had pretty good luck with the Simmis, but they do get stuck a lot and it's not a very reliable source of income most of the time. I can't help having him buy them though, it's fun anticipating what he might get! :) I love Maralyn, she's hilarious and very pretty in my opinion. I'm biased, but I think she's one of the best Sims I ever made. :)

Whoa! Cha-ching! Nice chunk of change he got from Judith's autographs! Love the little house he ultimately chose to rent and live in, it's adorable. Bummer he didn't get credit for the aspiration from helping Bella. If that holds up from moving on to the next milestone, if it never properly gives him credit, I'd go ahead and cheat for it. Not Dylan's fault if it's a bug/glitch.

Very cool Dylan is friends with Kyoshi! Seems that Dude is always everyone's friend. Makes sense though since he's one of just a few teens in Mt. Komorebi. Love how he possibly will be a major part of your challenge this month, just like last year. Not the same way, of course, but still. :) Poor Dylan, the looks on his face while skiing cracked me up. Funny how he wanted to kiss the ground when he made it to the bottom. hehe Fun update!

@KateLynne
    Aww, man poor Kenzie. I can certainly understand her sadness over what happened. It would make me sad when I was a kid and couldn't go to the Father-Daughter dance at school since mine had passed away when I was 10. Hard hearing all your friends talking about how much fun they had. Anyway, I'm so glad Kenzie has Koji to help her deal with the disappointment.

Thanks about Cale reaching Level 10 in fishing, amazing how fast it happened eh? He goes fishing a lot though, so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. Yes, I'm slowly having Cale work out his anger issues, he'll have good days and probably even more bad ones, but eventually he'll get in a good place with his attitude. Might take all year, but we'll see what happens. Cale didn't finish the aspiration yet, he just completed the second milestone out of four. Thanks anyway though. :)

I am having fun with his shack. It's tough though to upgrade/remodel it and try to keep it still looking a bit rustic. I wish we had more grungy/broken objects in the game. It's a challenge, but I'm always up for that! ;) Aww, thanks about my Sims, made me smile! You make wonderful Sims too, Kenzie is so pretty and innocent looking, I love her!

That's the very reason I decided to give Cale full autonomy. I wanted to see why others rave about it so much. So far it's just frustrating more than anything. He keeps constantly wanting to run off and 'get water.' Sheesh! So far the most interesting thing he's done on his own was act tough with that stall vendor. The shocked look on her face was priceless. hehe Ah, okay, I thought you were using reshade. Good job editing your screenshots, that's all I do too. It's fun though eh? I love photoshop, it makes me happy too!

What an adorable little house for Kenzie, I love it! Wow, Kenzie has a lot of skills already, that's great! Cale doesn't have near as many as she does. Fun idea showing her skills overview every Sunday. *Gasp* I LOVE those two scenic shots, absolutely gorgeous! :) Both are great, but I love the first one the most showing the entire mountain!

@Ellupelluellu & Everyone else who gave an opinion about my avatar
    Thank you so much for your opinion. I agree and love your idea! Obviously I'm using the mountain avy now as suggested by all. I'll probably keep it all month unless I find another screenshot that clearly shows him in Mt. Komorebi to use later as well. I'll switch avatars every month with the world themes for them too. Thanks again! :)

Oh and Ellu, I LOVE that avatar of Veera! Sure Christmas is gone now, but hey, it could represent Winter in general, right? ;)

@miss_eulenauge
    I love how Lucy is having a rollercoaster of emotions, but always works them out to end up on a positive note. As I told Cale in one of my posts, always focus on where you're going, not where you've been. :)

@afai1261
    Cale is the same way, he started out quite muscular, but with all the boxing he's been doing he's gaining even more. Still, it's a slower muscle gain and leaner than if he were to use a weight machine. Those make our Sims turn into gorillas very quickly! Cale will be staying away from those until he does the body builder aspiration. :) Essa gained quite a bit of muscles from the acting career too, but not overly so since she used the treadmill and jogging for fitness. :)

I've been following Adam's career since he first appeared on AI in 2009. I'm what they call a Glambert. But anyway, haven't followed him so closely lately. I agree about Ghost Town, one of my favorites. Whataya Want From Me is a classic! I love ALL his songs, but Aftermath, Pop That Lock, The Light and his versions of Show Must Go On & Who Wants to Live Forever with Queen are all special to me for various reasons. :) He's the only artist I've ever seen in concert more than once. Okay, sorry, enough about Adam. :D

Hey, another purple lover, cool! :) I think the only reason I notice them is because I'm always looking for beautiful landscape shots to take. Some of the worlds are just so beautiful in this game and I love taking photographs in real life too. I'm finding it very interesting how this hot head trait works in combo with other traits. Maybe Cale has stronger reactions to things because he has the mean trait too? Have no idea.

I figured it was just a coincidence Aaron was giving him the stink eye. That's another thing I love about this game and writing. It's very easy to make it LOOK like something different is happening from the reality of a shot. I guess that's why I like writing on the fly instead of going by a preplanned story. I let the screenshots drive the story most of the time. :)

I dragged my feet and refused to use CC/Mods for the majority of this iteration, but once I dipped my toe in the ocean, I jumped in and I'm enjoying swimming around in it so much, I'll never go back to shore. That is, as long as I can keep my head above water. I used way too much in TS2 and it corrupted my game, so I'm being a bit more cautious this time.

I don't mind at all that you wrote so much for Aaron, he had a lot going on that needed to be shared. Don't blame him for going to the Onsen to get out of the rain. Bummer it's still raining for him. I'm glad he has the beginnings of a real home now, even if just four walls and a couple things inside. It's wonderful when we can put things out that mean something to our Sims in their houses, it does make it feel more like their home instead of just a dwelling to escape the elements.

Laughed out loud over the pee bush. hehe I love that thing for Rags to Riches Sims, but I can see how they would think it's gross, it is! Cool that he met Aldo and Kenzie. Have fun with Hunter at the Festival of Snow Aaron. I'm sure that will help his mood immensely! :)

@LegacySims2017
    Love that DJ has a Father figure in Enele to help him in Mt. Komorebi. Smart move having DJ wear a helmet while climbing the rock wall. I wonder why the game didn't think of that. Or maybe it did? I've never used that object so perhaps it does. Whoa, sheesh Enele, let him get used to climbing first before you make it even more challenging. hehe Well I guess he is short on time and needs to hurry up with his training. Then skiing on top of that? No wonder his muscles were sore. Good thing they have those hot springs to relax those overworked muscles eh? :)

Oh boy, I feel you DJ, not looking forward to Winter with Cale. However, the snow does make everything look pretty, that's a plus! ;) Yay! Glad DJ was able to defeat that machine and get his coffee. Go DJ! Always makes me laugh when Sims walk around in just a towel that way. Why don't they change into their clothes? o.O Looks like that group didn't seem to care though so it's all good. :)

@Llandros2012

No apologies necessary, you have a lot on your plate right now. Just take care of your family member and don't worry about anything else. They need you right now, that's more important than playing a game. *Hugs*

@Carebear92
    It's never too late to try this challenge! We'd welcome you to give it a try. You can just jump right in and try to complete this month's aspiration by the end of the month, or make whatever day you start your beginning date and do this month's aspirations within 31 days. Whatever you feel is most comfortable and fun for you if you decide to join us. Flattered you chose this challenge thread for your first post on the forum. One tip though, if you do decide to do the challenge, you'll need to increase your posts around the forum to reach the point where you can post images. Otherwise you'll have to use a blog and give a link to it until you do get to that point. Anyway, good luck if you do join us! :)

@permanentrose
    Good idea using Plopsy to get a gift for Aimi! That cross-stich is hilarious! hehe Oh yeah, that's the beauty of never putting anything down on their lot for Rags to Riches Sims at first. No bills! ;) Wow, Ivy is so pretty! She seems a bit pampered though whining about the cold. Guess I can't blame her though. Usually when one is invited to someone's home, they actually HAVE a home. hehe Oh cool, lots of challenge Sims showing up at the Onsen for Robin to meet. I wonder why Cale never shows up anywhere. He's not a loner, but must be he likes acting like one. hehe

Nice that Robin spent Winterfest with Aimi and her family. Very sweet gift Aimi gave her, those skis will certainly come in handy! Aww, Congrats to them for making their relationship official! About her money situation, well see Robin started in Winter, that's tough all on it's own to make money for R2R Sims. I'm sure things will look up for her soon! :)

Skating at 5 a.m. hehe Not surprised, our Sims really don't have much of a concept of time anyway, except for when it's time for school or work. Huh, very strange the game let her swim in the icy water that time, but not others. Sometimes the mechanics of this game and how the Devs determined when Sims can and can't do the animations puzzles me. Hmm, maybe the other family members had to work? It's possible I guess. hehe
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    @Karababy52 Ok I will start a blog and post a link for the time being. Challenge sounds really fun and puts more game play into the Sims 4.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top