Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have You Backed Up Your Game Lately v.2022

I was going to post this yearly reminder next week but as disaster happened to someone already...I'm very sorry for your loss.

Have you backed up your game and save files lately? It's the end of the year and a great time to back up your files, game related and RL related. Hard drives fail, data becomes corrupted, accidents and mishaps occur.

I'm especially reminding everyone who's got a lot of time and creativity invested in their save games like the long time players with one or two main saves they've played for years and those who have spent a lot of time building and playing households that they would feel bad about losing.

Back up those saves and keep a duplicate copy in another location like a USB drive or a separate save file in the the cloud. Don't forget to back up those Real Life files and change the batteries in your smoke detectors too while you're at it. Better safe than sorry. Happy Winterfest!

Comments

• NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    This is a very good reminder!

I'm probably a bit too careful, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I have backups on my second hard drive, a flash drive, and a cloud. I backup my CC, tray folder, and saves.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Great reminder! My previous laptop had all sorts of issues, first time was a hard drive failure and the next 2 times I had an issue with the battery and the laptop just wouldn't turn on. Luckily all my files had been uploaded to a cloud, so I was able to continue my saves on my new laptop!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    This is a great reminder, very helpful. I just did this the other day. It had been a while since I last did it, June or July of this year. I'm actually playing a save I really like so I would be so disappointed if all that work was lost.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Not yet, I plan to get a USB on the Boxing Day Sales. However, I was told that if you're an Origin member your game is already saved in it, is this true? Also, I'm a Vanilla player only.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Not yet, I plan to get a USB on the Boxing Day Sales. However, I was told that if you're an Origin member your game is already saved in it, is this true? Also, I'm a Vanilla player only.

If you have Cloud storage enabled via Origin, yes, you could use that as an extra backup option.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2021
    Thankfully I did on an external SSD drive because I spilled tea on my desktop computer that killed my video card, my power supply, and my graphics card. I have seven years of photos backed up on a cloud too. I have all four Sims games backed up on that thing.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Thanks for the reminder. Will do a backup to USB this weekend.