Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Patch Speculation 2022 (Out Now)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Does the future cube still give hints or was it just a one time thing last year? I just hope the romantic GP is released this month cause I have 2 sims I really want to marry but I’m holding off until that pack

This means that the game pack can release on the 10th of February assuming they want to release it before valentines day.

Honestly besides the other points you listed I have a feeling it won’t be till February for valentines days too. Oh well, my sims can wait 😄

I just want to see that trailer right now.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2022
    Last week of January no patch

The next kit will be released on Feb 3rd, next patch might be planned on Feb 1st
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Next patch drops on the 25th (Tuesday) according to people who have insider info.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • verkay123verkay123 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @elelunicy said:
    > Next patch drops on the 25th (Tuesday) according to people who have insider info.

Will the update be big?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Next patch drops on the 25th (Tuesday) according to people who have insider info.
    What?! OK, now I feel confused! I don't know when the game pack will be released next month, so if the game pack will be released after Valentine's Day, my head is about to...
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member

The fact that there is no laundry list doesn't let me hope for substantial bug fixes.

Cool.
    We're getting an SDX drop on February 2nd.

The fact that there is no laundry list doesn't let me hope for substantial bug fixes.

One is not needed for a patch but they might release the list Monday.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2022

Then a Game Pack could be released very soon.

5ehv6f71e581.jpg

Then a Game Pack could be released very soon.

5ehv6f71e581.jpg

Normally a Pre Gamepack Patch would drop on Thursday. This is probably a regular patch. The 25th falls on Tuesday.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Isn't the patch dropping tomorrow? I wonder why we haven't heard anything about it. It's the last Tuesday of January they can do it. Hopefully we hear some news today.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    The last time they were this quiet about a patch it was toddlers…

Just saying!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    The last time they were this quiet about a patch it was toddlers…

Just saying!
    If we're getting something as big as that, I'd like to point out that a young dragon is roughly the size of a toddler
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    I figure they'll just drop the patch tomorrow. I hope it's big and adds cars but this won't be a pre gamepack patch. I expect that one in Early February.
    bixters wrote: »
    Isn't the patch dropping tomorrow? I wonder why we haven't heard anything about it. It's the last Tuesday of January they can do it. Hopefully we hear some news today.

They're keeping it under wraps.
  • Possibly_a_TowniePossibly_a_Townie Posts: 4 New Member
    The only thing I am hoping for is they release bug fixes on all the broken content caused by Cottage Living
    Its been 6 months
  • ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    2022, year of the tiger. Let's get a zoo pack, with dragons as a secret unlockable ala Zoo Tycoon. The patch could bring in more animals and give life to fish and frogs, or even place collectible dragon eggs throughout the worlds.

I'd rather see a Sim Dragon game. You know like Sim City but instead of a city you have a dragon.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Hopefully patch day is here :):)
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    489.47 MB
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »
    489.47 MB

Great that it's finally there!
    Looks like we're ready to get pronouns today, and also we see the new kit announcement without the game pack announcement this month. Well y'all, without the game pack announcement, I guess we're too late! 😭
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Looks like we're ready to get pronouns today, and also we see the new kit announcement without the game pack announcement this month. Well y'all, without the game pack announcement, I guess we're too late! 😭

No pronouns. That system isn't even close to ready yet. What we saw in the livestream was a very, very early work in progress. I figure we've got a good 4-6 months or so before the English only Pronoun update, and a slow trickle of it expanding to other languages as they work things out.

They are running it tight for the Game Pack announcement because I agree that the pack really should drop before Valentine's day, but maybe right after the Kit officially drops we'll see something.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

No pronouns. That system isn't even close to ready yet. What we saw in the livestream was a very, very early work in progress. I figure we've got a good 4-6 months or so before the English only Pronoun update, and a slow trickle of it expanding to other languages as they work things out.

They are running it tight for the Game Pack announcement because I agree that the pack really should drop before Valentine's day, but maybe right after the Kit officially drops we'll see something.
    Dang it!! 😭