Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Holidays! And Simthing more...

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,261 EA Community Manager
Sul sul,

I cannot believe that 2021 is coming to a close, it seems like just yesterday I was saying "2021 can't possibly be worse, right?"

I wanted to take some time to pop in here and thank you all for being so welcoming to me when I joined you all at the end of August, it's been an amazing 4 months settling in and I absolutely love this community and how passionate you all are!

With the holiday season upon us naturally staff will be out of office traveling or have already left to spend time with family. But that doesn't mean you'll see less activity from us on the forums over the next ~2 weeks...

@EA_Mari has posted an update on the Friday Highlight threads for the holiday season here. We'll resume these the first week of January.

Finally, I'm happy to announce that we'll be bringing back the 12 days of Simsmas starting tomorrow, December 22nd! This year we're doing a best of version featuring the most popular challenges from the past 4 years :)

You can look forward to these challenges going live each day from December 22nd until Jan 2nd by 10AM CST. I'll also be posting a link in this thread to each challenge.

Thank you all for everything you've done to make the Sims community what it is today, and may your final weeks of the year be filled with joy, merriment, family, friends, and dragons with body hair.

-EA_Cade
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    Can we possibly also get horses with body hair? I mean, the dragons might need some company, food or whatever... Pretty please, thank you and Happy Holidays!
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    What exactly is this "12 days of Simsmas" anyway? I never heard of it before, so I assume it's something from before I started playing in 2019?
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    yay :) I was hoping that we would have it again this year.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    What exactly is this "12 days of Simsmas" anyway? I never heard of it before, so I assume it's something from before I started playing in 2019?

This is from 2018: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931956/12-days-of-simsmas

And a very old Sims 3 version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV5Hi6cqBe8
    Gagea wrote: »

This is from 2018: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931956/12-days-of-simsmas

And a very old Sims 3 version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV5Hi6cqBe8

Ah, I thought it might be something like that, but I didn't want to assume too much. Thank you! :)
  • EA_MariEA_Mari Posts: 206 EA Community Manager

We had it last year and you can find the 2020 edition here. :)

• SansannaSansanna Posts: 37 Member
    Yay, seems fun! I'm new at the forum and soon will become a full member, so hopefully will be able to join if there's any photo challenges :)
    Gallery id: sannaljm
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Thank you, and Happy Holidays.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member

I haven't heard of them doing this before, but it sounds like the song about the partridge in a pear tree. Which, by the way, was a big pain to try to program 25 years ago in college (Pascal I think?) when I was considering a computer science major or minor. I ended up double-majoring in accounting and management instead.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.

I haven't heard of them doing this before, but it sounds like the song about the partridge in a pear tree. Which, by the way, was a big pain to try to program 25 years ago in college (Pascal I think?) when I was considering a computer science major or minor. I ended up double-majoring in accounting and management instead.

I remember that song from when I was a kid. I also remember wondering why anyone would want a partridge and all those other weird gifts. :lol:

Also, thanks to those who answered my question. I don't celebrate these holidays (or any other winter holiday) in the real world, but I do wish happy times for everyone who does!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2021
    Looking forward to this. Working in retail does not bring out the Christmas spirit in me. This might.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    @EmmaVane I feel ya, I work in a supermarket and always get stuck doing Christmas eve
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    ^Aww, bless your hearts, those of you who work retail this time of year. <3 It's rough.......

I hope this will help lift your spirits. 🎄
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I used to go to the Boxing Day sales at one time but I decided that I don't need anything that desperately and I feel bad for the staff who have to work. I wish the majority of retail locations would shut on Christmas and Boxing Day.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    Meh 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Thank YOU for being with us! I wish you happy happy holidays!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Merry Christmas, Simmers! <3
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    Merry Christmas guys!
    12-25-21_9-07-29_AM.png
    12-25-21_9-18-03_AM.png
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
  • Technic__Technic__ Posts: 3 New Member
    This seems so cool! Merry Simsmas
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    TOO much fun .. I am sad that I just saw this!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    Happy New Year!
    May the year 2022 be another great year for you, EA teams :D
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Thank you @EA_Cade I truly enjoyed myself, happy new year to you and all the other sims staff <3
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Thanks for the great Simsmas event @EA_Cade B)! It was really fun! I can't wait for next year!
    4kkjdXo.png

• MaceyleeMaceylee Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi sims,can u add cc and mods for console players thank u
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top