Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood Refresh

I'm cool with an Outdoor Retreat refresh or a Dine Out refresh. Dine Out is my favorite GP and isn't glitchy for me, but I'd love to be the chef instead big manager.

However, I think Parenthood also needs a refresh. Instead of a Generations EP, it'd be nice to get the features for free in a GP refresh.

Some simple things that I think could be included:

1. Proms as a social event with specific goals
2. More rabbit hole after school clubs

Some more moderate sizes additions:
1. Teen specific clothing & makeup
2. New build/buy items for kids, toddlers, teens

And some bigger stuff that might be a stretch:
1. Kids bikes and toddler trikes
2. New animations like tag and hide and seek

What would you want (considering this is a GP and not EP)

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I want Parenthood to stick to its theme and would rather see stuff like prom be added in a fully fleshed out high school expansion the only real prom like interaction I see worthy of Parenthood is the parents taking a photo before their child heads off to prom. Now bikes for kids would be great as they could add a "ride with or "teach child to ride" interaction so it could become an activity a parent could do with their child. Now the same could be said for cars with teens if cars ever added. What else I'd like to see added in is some type of sibling rivalry feature added with more mischief/bad behaviors less perfect kids and more to parent.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Honestly, Parenthood is among the few packs that feel complete enough to me that I can't think of much to add in a refresh. Two and a half years ago I might have suggested a teaching career, but University has that covered. Of course, children riding bikes would be cool, but that's something that belongs in the base game, now that Cottage Living technically comes with a base game bike for adults.

If anything, I would like the teachable character values to be rebalanced, because as it is now, you get some of them (responsibility) almost automatically while others (conflict resolution) are out of reach for teenagers unless you make drama happen on purpose. Yet even that could probably be addressed in a patch, so I don't know. I'm looking forward to seeing what refresh ideas others may come up with.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Parenthood refresh I'd say it needs to add Preteens like some simmers originally thought Preteens was in the trailers but if we don't get a generation pack with them then a parenthood refresh is good.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    - Add the option for parents to ask a relative/friend to babysit, like in the TS2 Apartments.
    - Sleepovers/ slumber parties.
    - Bikes for children and toddlers would be nice. Would be great if they could go for a bike together. First they have to fix the buggy bikes we have now.
  • Randwick78Randwick78 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think that Dine Out would not be a good choice, because while I'd cerntinly be happy if they pulled off a good dining experience for sims, I think most of the problems are baked into the core game, rather than the kit itself.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I love this pack but I have some ideas that would make it even better:

-The ability to choose curfews by age range not just all kids in the household.
    -When a parent/caregiver has a disciplinary card come up, I would like the option to see the child's progress bar for the relevant skills because if I've got more than one child in the household and want to give them different parenthood traits, I sometimes forget which trait to prioritise.
    -An option to purposely encourage "bad" behaviour. Some families are just wild.
    -The option for non-resident parents/caregivers to discipline children when the parent is the played sim and the child is not.
    -More child aspirations
    -A few teen specific aspirations
    -The option to send kids to boarding school
    -The ability to make parent (or caregiver) and toddler clubs.
    -Pushchairs, little cars and trikes for toddlers, prams for babies
    -The ability to create parents, aunts/uncles, step families in CAS without having to create the "missing" family members first.
    -The ability to create couples in CAS who are engaged or just dating, not necessarily married
    -The ability to create a pregnant sim in CAS
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited December 2021
    I would like both to be honest. There is so much they could add in a Generations EP, like a new world, new clothes, new hair, new animations, new interactions, new gameplay, new skills, new aspirations, new objects, and most importantly, new babies that are playable. I don't think they would do so much for free in a Parenthood Refresh. In either a refresh or an expansion pack, I would really love some new games or toys, make the kids able to ride bikes, or just adding some little things from earlier games that were fun, like how the teens could get acne and apply cream and wash their face in the sink and mirror. I would like the toddlers to be able to make friends with other toddlers at daycare. Parents could discipline kids by taking their cell phones and computer access away for a time. Parents could take parenting classes. More after school clubs to add to scouts and drama, like science club, nature club, music club. More objects or ways to raise their emotional control, conflict resolution and empathy. I really want babies to be playable and have little toys in their inventory you can click on and social interactions like cry for something, giggle, throw toy etc. and of course I want the babies to be free from the crib and crawl around and play with toys, kittens and puppies.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2021
    If I could refresh this Game Pack I would add :
    • CAS : Character values for YA, adult and elder
    • Live Mode : Teen significant other, parents' approval/disapproval
    • Live Mode : Dream jobs for children and teens
    • Aspiration : "Loving Parent", the parent wants to be there for their children from the toddler's first steps to the teen's first crush.

• fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    edited December 2021
    I wish that Parenthood had an option for "corrupting influence" or something. So an evil, mean, snob, lazy, klepto, or erratic ect sim could encourage negative outcomes for younger Sims......maybe that's too dark I dunno but at the moment the only influence parents have is positive. A Sim could have a "chip off the old block" aspiration and influence their child to follow them into a criminal career or to delight in mean/mischievous/evil behaviour like their parents. Or teens could aspire to be nothing like their parents.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    fae_brass wrote: »
    I wish that Parenthood had an option for "corrupting influence" or something. So an evil, mean, snob, lazy, klepto, or erratic ect sim could encourage negative outcomes for younger Sims......maybe that's too dark I dunno but at the moment the only influence parents have is positive. A Sim could have a "chip off the old block" aspiration and influence their child to follow them into a criminal career or to delight in mean/mischievous/evil behaviour like their parents. Or teens could aspire to be nothing like their parents.

Yes, that is how I feel as well. I love the pack but it pushes players to raise the kids in a certain way.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2021
    Friends' good/bad influence

Neighborhood Stories - Influence the character values of the NPC children
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    generations please B)
    parenting refresh :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I would love for more content or tweaks in Parenthood, but a Generations pack would have the potential to add so much! (If we can get both, that would be awesome!) 🤗👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I want more stereotypical teen clothes and especially, hairstyles.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    a Parenthood refresh could be really cool esapaly if they bring back things from sim 3 like Baby Strollers the treehouse imaginary friends Costume chest
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I would like both to be honest. There is so much they could add in a Generations EP, like a new world, new clothes, new hair, new animations, new interactions, new gameplay, new skills, new aspirations, new objects, and most importantly, new babies that are playable. I don't think they would do so much for free in a Parenthood Refresh. In either a refresh or an expansion pack, I would really love some new games or toys, make the kids able to ride bikes, or just adding some little things from earlier games that were fun, like how the teens could get acne and apply cream and wash their face in the sink and mirror. I would like the toddlers to be able to make friends with other toddlers at daycare. Parents could discipline kids by taking their cell phones and computer access away for a time. Parents could take parenting classes. More after school clubs to add to scouts and drama, like science club, nature club, music club. More objects or ways to raise their emotional control, conflict resolution and empathy. I really want babies to be playable and have little toys in their inventory you can click on and social interactions like cry for something, giggle, throw toy etc. and of course I want the babies to be free from the crib and crawl around and play with toys, kittens and puppies.

I am really wanting updated babies more than anything at this point….
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited January 2022
    @GrumpyGlowfish Currently, the way a Teen can develop conflict resolution is to have them write in their journals. This also helps them learn empathy.

I do like the notion of having prom added with parents snapping pictures before the kids go off. I appreciate the idea of adding bikes for all age groups and either a Teen or upwards teach the Toddler, Child how to ride the bike.

Other than that, I am well satisfied with this pack from the beginning.

@ShariSim57 I am hoping for the babies to be liberated. I wouldn't mind if it was in a patch, or even one of the tiny fixes we're getting, although I imagine this would take a larger patch. Babies should be able to sit up and learn to crawl before they spring out of their bassinets to suddenly walking. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited January 2022
    @GrumpyGlowfish Currently, the way a Teen can develop conflict resolution is to have them write in their journals. This also helps them learn empathy.

Writing in the journal develops neither of those things, only emotional control. The only effective way for teens to develop conflict resolution is, as the name suggests, to resolve conflicts, which makes sense, but it's very difficult in a game where conflict is pretty much non-existent unless you're actively looking for it. Children have it easier because parents can teach them to say sorry, but that option unfortunately disappears when they're older.
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    edited January 2022
    I didn't have many GPs before (only Parenting and Spa Day), but since I loved the Spa Day refresh, I decided to get more of them during the Holiday Sale (OK all of the ones I was missing except Batuu; hey, it was a good sale). I hope they will refresh all of them eventually. But I'd mostly like OR refresh with more activities, Granite Falls turned into residential world and more fun activities for the vacationeers. I'd especially love an added ability to own one of the rental houses and either use it as vacation/2nd home or rent it out to other sims "AirBnB style" – then you'd have to come there after them and clean up, or pay a maid to do it for you.

As for Parenthood, I'd take a refresh, but I don't feel like this pack needs it as much. As Parenthood is one of the best GPs imho. But I would like all of the things you list, but then I think it would classify as an EP instead of GP.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I suspect Spa Day was worth refreshing because it would make more people buy a neglected pack. I'd love a parenthood refresh, but I'd expect it to come way down the line, after they've polished whatever GP or EP sold fewest copies.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Parenthood refresh would be a really cool! I’d love to see social events like family reunion. And with that sims reacting and understanding someone as an aunt/uncle or cousin as well.

I’d also like to see the option of field trips and parents can volunteer.

Family actives like a scavenger hunts, pumpkin or berry picking, maybe even an option to have an official family dinner where everyone sits down and eats. Kind Of like the date function but revamped for a family sit down.

Also a town dance hall that functions as a place where you can hold like a prom or a wedding officially.
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Yes please I would them to finally add something like Tag or Hide and Seek... the kids can't do anything much apart from play with toys together where the actions are similar. I liked how you could play these games in the other sims games e.g. 'playing pretend' 'cops and robbers'
  • ImDragoneImDragone Posts: 76 Member
    It'd be cool to be able to play the kid Sims at school, and for things like scouts, ballet, etc.

It'd be cool to get a new pack that gives preschool for toddlers, and boarding schools for children, pubescents, & teens. And, for it to give us a pubescent life stage. It could include a lot of major things missing.

It'd also be great to get daycare back. They removed daycare from the game, and converted people to having to remember to call a babysitter an hour or two before work. And, they never remember to call the babysitter, just leaving all ages of minors home alone when at work. I'm finding the only good option is to have a stay-home parent, because whenever both parents work, they ditch the kids home alone.