Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there an easy way to get the angry mood?

I need my sim to get angry for a challenge in the game but I don't want to make them go thru fighting with someone in the household or drag someone in off the street. I would have thought the heavily promoted Tea Magic Personal Pot that is supposed to control all the emotional states would allow this easily...but nope. Anger isn't apparently one of the emotions? Someone said that actors could use "Practice acting" on the mirror and there was an "Act angrily" option but I haven't ever seen that in the menu so either they removed that or the poster was confused.

Comments

• cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    My sims get angry after cleaning multiple times in a row
  • SansannaSansanna Posts: 37 Member
    Make your lot to have the "mean vibe" trait, I have had sims who get an angry moodlet just because of that lot trait. The trait also makes it easier to make other sims angry with even the mischief interactions, so you don't necessarily need to start fighting.
    Gallery id: sannaljm
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Do you have Snowy Escape? When sims paint, fish, do yoga etc ("slow experience") long enough, they will get a +4 fine moodlet. Eventually, that will turn into a +10 fine moodlet. Then you can click on your sim, and find "Surge Emotions" in the pie menu (self click). That will give you a choice of ALL emotions. Clicking any of them will give +4 to any emotion that will last for a few hours. Don't remember how long, unfortunately.
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    My sims get angry when their dog splashes water at them. So if you have a dog, don't mop the puddles.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Having them insulted is the easiest way I can think of to make them angry quickly. Unless your sim is in an open relationship if they see their significant-other cheat on them it'll make them angry really fast.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited December 2021
    - See spouse flirt with someone else (might also work with boyfriend or girlfriend)
    - Eat Poison Fireleaf (Outdoor Retreat)
    - Have a sim with high flower arranging skill (Seasons) create an excellent flower bouquet and when it’s done, scent it with snapdragons. Gift it to the sim you want to become angry.
    - Drink Red Hot Serum (scientists can make this in Get to Work)
    - Bind a voodoo doll to sim and “poke” them to make them angry
    - Once angry, get angrier by making Flaming Spaghetti, an angry painting or an angry wood sculpture
    - Hot-Headed sims get angry sometimes from bird feeders (Backyard Stuff)
    - Lazy sims get angry if woken up from a nap

There’s a bunch of things the High Maintenance trait can get angry for too (Spa Day) like getting splashback from a toilet. I’m not sure of the details exactly
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    One of the drawbacks I discovered of having a declared enemy is that my sim gets angry just by being in the same room with them. Becomes a pain after a while.
    The cake is a lie
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2021
    The easiest way would be via testingcheats (shift-click target sim) or eating Poison Fireleaf (you can find it in debug).

Are there Reward Store Potions for negative moods too?

Also, Spicy Mushrooms from CoL give Angry moodlets, I believe.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    If you have Get Together, the Angry club vibe is an option too.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The easiest way would be via testingcheats (shift-click target sim) or eating Poison Fireleaf (you can find it in debug).

Are there Reward Store Potions for negative moods too?

Also, Spicy Mushrooms from CoL give Angry moodlets, I believe.

I think, not 100% sure. I rarely use the reward potions, usually only the celeb perk and re-traiting potions. Emotions are easily manipulated anyway, at least most of them. The negative ones are the most difficult, because the positive completely overshadows them.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    edited December 2021
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Do you have Snowy Escape? When sims paint, fish, do yoga etc ("slow experience") long enough, they will get a +4 fine moodlet. Eventually, that will turn into a +10 fine moodlet. Then you can click on your sim, and find "Surge Emotions" in the pie menu (self click). That will give you a choice of ALL emotions. Clicking any of them will give +4 to any emotion that will last for a few hours. Don't remember how long, unfortunately.

IIRC the stuff from Spa Day can do this as well. I have both it and SE so I can't test that in a vacuum. And the effect's super long-lasting, like 8-12 hours; I know it lasts an entire workday at just about every job in the game. The downside with Angry is that sims with any kind of emotional control (the trait from Parenthood, or doing wind-down activities of any kind like a cold shower or an "angry" workout) will burn off the angry mood much faster.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    In addition to the suggestions above, if you have the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Upgrade, it came with what's called, "Awesome Animal Hats." There's a variety of them for most of the emotions, but the Lion hat will give your Sim a +1 Angry moodlet whenever they are wearing it. Hope this helps! :)
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Give your Sim the high maintenance trait. Mine got so angry over eating fruitcake that she actually died. (I did have a mod on at the time, though).
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    If you have Island Paradise, let your Sim search for shells at the beach and wait ...
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    Start a fight with another Sim?
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    In addition to the suggestions above, if you have the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Upgrade, it came with what's called, "Awesome Animal Hats." There's a variety of them for most of the emotions, but the Lion hat will give your Sim a +1 Angry moodlet whenever they are wearing it. Hope this helps! :)

I learnt something new :o
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Might depend on traits, but I'd have another sim insult him/her multiple times. Try to do this in an environment your sim does not like (indoor if they like outdoors, in a crowded room if they are loners, etc) to get a better effect. If you cheat (ie UI cheats) you can delete any positive modlets to get more of the bad effects.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Paint an angry painting, view the angry painting, activate angry aura, carve angry sculpture, view angry sculpture, enable angry aura.

The impressionist trait will enable you to create these artworks without the moodlet.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    The bubble-blower from City Living (Passion fruit flavor) is the easiest way to get into a +1 or +2 angry moodlet without cheats or the need to ruin a relationship, craft an object, or sacrifice anything.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    I'm testing to see if being demoted when the sim isn't ambitious angers them. I'll post here with the results :)!
    4kkjdXo.png