Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have your own personal story of Strangerville?

As we all know Strangerville came with a linear storyline that plays out the same in every game. One thing I love about Strangerville though, is that you can create your own story of what happened to Strangerville, why your sim is investigating it or what are the Mother Plant's motives. (If there are any). So I m curious to know how you made Strangerville your own? What is your head canon? I 'll start.
In my game the Mother Plant is a sentient plant with various powers , most notably the power to possess Sims. She came to this planet when an asteroid fell to earth. Her master plan is to create an ecological utopia on the Sims planet. A place safer for every plant. Being an intelligent plant she quickly figured out that in order to do that she must eliminate humans. So her goal is to destroy humans starting from the town of Strangerville. She possess sims who then unconsciously become puppets on her masterplan. For example when one of my sims became infected she became more concerned about the environment and she encouraged her neighbors to build a community garden in her hometown. The Mother Plant is aware that the only real threats to her plan is the occults so she tries through her puppets to turn humans against them.
The lab has been built by the landgraabs who purchased the rights to the plant and use its need fullfilling properties to create a variety of products most notably the plasma packs. The plasma packs provide an alternative to biting humans for vampires but as a result some of the vampires become possesed after they have consumed too much of them.So naturally my good vampires get involved in the mystery and they end up in Strangerville trying to find what happened and what is contained in these plasma packs.

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    My story is not so detailed, I played out the strangerville story with someone I made for the military career, that lives in the little trailer, and he became the hero. Strangerville is a very pretty town, and mine is definitely a military town with a military base which is mainly underground. My hero made a girlfriend out of a townie of strangerville who now lives in San Myshuno.
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    edited December 2021
    In my game Strangerville is some kind of an Action-Adventure-Land, similar to an Escape Room.
    A couple of mine had their anniversary. Their family gifted them a trip to this Adventure Land 'Strangerville'.
    So they had to solve the Mystery. A couple of exciting days later they won the battle and the mystery was solved. After that, they still had a few days left and spend them with relaxing, going to the Spa and exploring the cool Hangout-Spots in Strangerville. :)
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    In my game has a far wither consequence then just in Strangerville (formerly known as Commonville) The main villain extract youth serum rom the plant and sells it to the rich and powerful. My science Sim and secret agent deals with the situation
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yes I posted about it quite a while back and I can just copy it all over.

I really enjoyed my sims in Strangerville.
    But, as strange as it sounds, I never finished the adventure.

It was a test save, to get to know the pack before I put my main sims through it.
    I really did enjoy it, but now they will probably be support characters added to my master save. Whenever I play sims though Strangerville, they will always be there.

I knew going in that Strangerville was going to be a linear experience.
    So I decided to layer in a story scenario to make things more interesting.

First I needed a setting. A base for my covert operatives.
    02-28-19_8-55-42nbspAM.png

03-02-19_1-24-58nbspAM.png

Next were my main characters, The X-Files' Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
    03-04-19_9-40-08nbspAM.png

I added support characters.
    A tough as nails soldier and a sexy scientist.
    Soldier on the left, sexy scientist on the right. ;)
    03-02-19_1-52-35nbspPM.png

And the final ingredient...
    03-13-19_6-53-47nbspAM.png
    A mysterious couple, new to Strangerville.
    03-13-19_7-09-23nbspAM.png

Aliens.
    03-13-19_7-08-55nbspAM.png

And with that, I was on my way to Happy-simming land.
    03-02-19_7-51-39nbspAM.png

[Warning] Photo bombardment of the experience ahead:
    03-02-19_7-48-35nbspAM.png

03-02-19_9-05-12nbspAM.png

03-02-19_2-09-55nbspPM.png

03-02-19_2-34-08nbspPM.png

03-03-19_4-29-12nbspPM.png

03-03-19_9-50-42nbspAM.png

03-03-19_9-53-46nbspAM.png

03-03-19_10-13-21nbspAM.png

03-05-19_9-50-07nbspAM.png

03-09-19_5-49-40nbspPM_1.png

03-09-19_5-51-48nbspPM.png

03-09-19_5-53-16nbspPM.png

Do you really think that a black suit is going to solve all of Strangerville's problems?
    Nope! But it looks plumb good on Scully.
    [ OH SNAP! ]
    03-12-19_8-35-10nbspAM.png

03-12-19_1-10-43nbspPM.png

03-12-19_1-16-45nbspPM.png

03-13-19_7-58-37nbspAM_1.png

03-13-19_7-59-07nbspAM.png

03-13-19_8-00-13nbspAM.png

03-13-19_8-02-31nbspAM.png

03-13-19_8-58-04nbspAM.png

03-13-19_8-59-14nbspAM.png

03-13-19_9-01-40nbspAM.png

03-13-19_12-42-30nbspAM.png

03-13-19_9-05-00nbspAM.png

03-13-19_9-06-55nbspAM.png

03-13-19_9-11-35nbspAM.png

03-13-19_9-12-36nbspAM.png

03-13-19_9-24-49nbspAM.png

03-13-19_9-30-13nbspAM.png

03-13-19_9-32-41nbspAM.png

03-13-19_9-37-18nbspAM.png

03-14-19_9-13-31nbspAM.png

03-14-19_9-14-02nbspAM.png

03-14-19_9-19-19nbspAM.png

03-14-19_9-22-16nbspAM.png

03-14-19_9-23-55nbspAM.png

03-14-19_9-24-56nbspAM.png

03-14-19_9-32-48nbspAM.png

03-14-19_9-40-36nbspAM.png

03-14-19_9-41-20nbspAM.png

03-14-19_9-27-04nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I guess mine is just the standard government experiment gone wrong. The secret crafting in the laboratory by the government scientists, to create something that could be dropped in enemy territory to spread and kill. Except it got out of control, ate a number of the scientists and is now spreading throughout the town.

It will be up to the citizens to figure it out and battle against the mother.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited December 2021
    I try to come up with different backstories each time, but a general theme is that the motherplant came to earth as a seed hitched on an asteroid (semi-sentient plant) or as a very young survivor of an UFO crash (fully sentient, but childlike). Whether Earth's scientists wanted to help or or exploit her, she never gets fully socialized. Things worsen when she hits puberty (goes "in season") and as a neophyte her spores completely dominate the ecosystem. There's nothing nefarious about the process, just what always happens when an exo-organism enters an ecosystem that isn't prepared for it.

My favorite, however, is the version from my Star Wars save, where "Godmother" led her crime empire from her base in the crater, The Planter Pot. The spores basically allowed her to rule the planet, except for the north and south polar region, where they cannot survive. My sims were space privateers in her employ. Lt. Agnon at nearby Batuu was pretty concerned about Godmother, but couldn't do much, since he has the resistance to deal with.

Blog link with the intro: https://enkisstories.tumblr.com/tagged/sims4 dbh star wars/chrono
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @CK213 I did the same! I made Scully and Muldur to live in Strangeville. Scully was a doctor in the show but I had her work as scientist for the storyline, and Muldur in the Military in the covert operator line. They live in a duplex and worked together in solving the mystery, which they completed, and are now engaged. I added another couple who work in paranormal and are their neighbors and friends. I plan to add an alien couple who will rescue the Mother Plant by reviving her and then have the paranormal couple and Scully and Muldur return to defeat the mystery again. I am having alot of fun with it, when I get to play.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    The first time I played it pretty much as it was presented to me. The second time I gave it my own twist, but it's been quite a while and I don't recall the details. I guess I just didn't enjoy the questy stuff enough to bother with it again, but I find the world beautiful. The town is both depressing and oddly charming at the same time, with residents no more memorable than any other pre-mades I ever met, but at times more entertaining than some. But the plateau alone would've been worth the pack's price, to me, anyway. And other stories (that aren't about Strangerville) have happened there.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I gave up and in the end used cheats and mods for ending the assignment.

Ted and Meredith Roswell had a son called Ulrik. (It's hard to write this story as I play partly in Danish.)

Christie Sigworth later moved in with the Roswell's while Jess and Dylan had another baby.

Some of the individuals helping the heroine before I gave up, now live in other worlds.

A female insane sim living in San Myshuno was used for repairing computers at the lab when needed. I used a cheat to max her handiness skills as she moved into a Needs TLC apartment. I presumed an insane sim would find Strangerville pretty ordinary. :)

I might add more details later when I get into the game again.

• SimsJediSimsJedi Posts: 26 Member
    To me, it makes sense to tie Sixam and Strangerville together. The Mother Plant is an invasive plant species either native to or who has already become a nuisance on Sixam, and when the aliens came to SimsEarth, so did the Mother Plant. Very simple stuff. I put her on the hidden Sixam lot for continuity. It's kind of hard for me to get creative with Strangerville since we can't really edit the lab, though.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2021
    I love stragervile. I love all the weirdness and possessed sims! I don't normally like desert worlds but even the world is amazing. Love how the dust blows too. I wasn't on the forums actively or playing sims for a long while at the time it came out. Didn't know anything about it. Brought it and downloaded it without reading anything and starting playing. I was so creeped out and surprised when the neighbors brought fruitcake with a twisted head! I still remember that day clearly 😂😂😂

But anyway, my storyline is pretty simple. Basically resident evil style. A virus escaped but in my storyline it effects all worlds not just strangerville.
    The police and his scientist friend are investigating and collecting samples.
    242pPJN
    AIVFU6L.png
    I6Fu04F.png

In my story the weirdness never ends. It's perminate lol so it's like a never ending fight against strangeness. I kind of use the possessed as zombies. I'm trying to figure out a way to fill the world with a lot of perminately possessed townies now.

PHL4gVA.png
    XOm1Ln1.png
    NMc6MCK.png

I think whoever came up with this pack idea is genious though😌❤
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Love your story @CK213
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    My Doctor Who household lives in Strangerville in my Futuristic & Beyond Game Save.
    I gave my Doctor Tardis (yup, that's what I named him) the Traits.equip_Trait Trait_OccultAlien_FakeAlien so that he's an Alien that looks like a human without the disguise.
    His TARDIS is on the lot where the Strangerville Library used to be. I also, completely changed the Strangerville world to look more futuristic. He's also one of my many sims that have defeated the Motherplant. :p
    SimsJedi wrote: »
    To me, it makes sense to tie Sixam and Strangerville together. The Mother Plant is an invasive plant species either native to or who has already become a nuisance on Sixam, and when the aliens came to SimsEarth, so did the Mother Plant. Very simple stuff. I put her on the hidden Sixam lot for continuity. It's kind of hard for me to get creative with Strangerville since we can't really edit the lab, though.

I know. I wish so bad we could use the lab and edit it with full control outside of the storyline.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Love your backstories for Strangerville and I also love Strangerville too it is fun to go back and play it every now and again. The first time I played mine was a female in the military and I was going to do a legacy with here and end up a with and evil child or grandchild that releases the Mother Plant to start all over.
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 785 Member
    At first I was a bit sceptical about a pack like Strangerville in The Sims, because I had the impression that the premade storyline could have been too rigid. But then I changed my mind as soon as I tried it, the neighbourhood is a perfect setting for many different stories and the storyline itself can be fitted in many different plots.

In my main save, which is a legacy centred on aliens moving to the Earth and slowly integrating into the human population, the mother plant (and many other plants and old Sixam technologies) were being investigated in some top-secret governmental labs, looking for anything that could be useful for helping scientific progress.
    Suddenly a lab accident happened, locals started to show symptoms of poisoning from some unknown neurotoxin, and the investigation began. In my storyline, the ones investigating are three aliens, two were scientists working at the lab before the accident and one is a member of the police force. Step by step, they managed to enter the lab, to study the weird plants which started to pop out all over Strangerville and their spores, to develop an antidote to the toxin, and finally to collect a ton of herbicide to kill the mother plant.
    Later on, the police man in the group also found the real culprit: Erwin Pries, owner of the Curio Shop along the main road, triggered the mother plant and planted several smaller ones around the whole neighbourhood, causing the intoxication of its inhabitants just to make the place famous. In this way, lots of paranormal conspiracy theorists rushed to Strangerville, and he could make money with his stand by providing them useful equipment and information for investigating the mystery. At that point, I couldn't avoid to have him arrested :p
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.17 posted on the 18th of April 2024*
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I used the scenario to play out what would become my Sim, Brianna Cantrell's, first mission in Starfleet. Assigned to the NCC Starship Enterprise-A, the Landing Party ends up staying in a rented house so they can help the local military sort things out and restore the town to its normalcy.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I once did it with the children of Big Bang Theory characters who were scientists but my favourite one died and that killed that save. I think I also once started it with military characters themed around a book series I'm writing but I can't remember if I actually finished in the end.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.