March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favourite game pack

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,782 Member
    edited December 2021
    Star Wars: Journey to Batuu
    Seriously I use something from B/B almost every time I build something :)
    Then, Vampires and JA :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood no question it's the pack that adds the most game play for me and does not have its features locked to a world.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Realm of Magic
    Magic was the thing I needed most, took some modifications added more spells, renamed spells and Potions, revised ingredients, really get magic to work how it ought to, and now I can't leave it alone o:)
    I still rely heavily on Get Together and Vampires, and now Cottage Living, for Building my elaborate houses and castles
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires is my favorite, although I like & I use them all (except Dream Home Decorator, I use it only for CAS items and some furniture).
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2021
    Parenthood
    Parenthood adds the most gameplay wise to my game. I also like Vampires a lot though.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I like a lot of things about all of my packs and don’t waste money on packs that don’t have strong story appeal to me. I usually play a story over 3 months or so, then, when the story plays out, I move on to something else. I have logged my longest storyline (1 year) after getting Realm of Magic. It’s broken into two saves because of computer problems, but I’m still going on it with new ideas and new directions still coming along. That makes it my favorite at this point.
  • flooootjeflooootje Posts: 3 New Member
    Realm of Magic
    maybe it's because i'm a big harry potter fan, but after i bought realm of magic i just can't imagine playing without it anymore. almost all my sims are spellcasters and for me, it just adds a lot more to my gameplay.
    i love the concept of game packs though, i don't feel like i have to buy every single one of them, like i do with expansions. that's also why i think your favourite game pack depends on your type of gameplay.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dine Out
    I love Dine Out, the restaurant system is great and it's very versatile. Just hope that this year it'll finally get the attention given to fixing its bugs
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Parenthood
    In terms of the pack that brings the most to what I consider "core" gameplay, Parenthood wins hands down.

But if voted based on which one outside of that core gameplay which I use the most, it'd be Dine Out. First thing I do in any new game is go into each neighborhood to add some renovations and new lots and I put a Restaurant in almost every single neighborhood...I'm that fond of that pack.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Vampires
    I have all game packs now. So far, vampire is the most useful.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited December 2021
    Outdoor Retreat
    Hard to choose as every one of them adds to my enjoyment while playing. However I do like to take my sims camping when on holiday so thats why I chose this one. I haven't played much with magic yet nor with interior decorating but they are on my list and I do use items from all the packs. I don't play with the vampires (maybe one day) but I love the items that came with. Its a personal thing vampires freak me out. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Vampires
    It must be vampires. Strengths and weaknesses trees are top notch and I really enjoy playing with them. RoM will follow closely, but wizards are more like pranksters imo so I’m not enjoying them that much.

To be honest I’m using almost all of the packs mentioned above, except for Baatu which disappointed me despite the fact that I really liked idea of SW in Sims 4. Too many walls and characters impossible to take to normal world unless using cheats, which I freaking hate. Also DHD, I don’t own this pack and I never will because I couldn’t care less for new furniture and career doesn’t sound interesting to me.
  • Parenthood
    I chose Parenthood Because I really Love family gameplay, I really Like The New Additions such as the Journal & The new Punishment system. My other Favorites are:
    Spa Day: I really Liked the wellness skill, Your sim can Teleport If He or she has Maxed Out The wellness skill, I also Love the fact That Children can now do yoga & Meditation.
    Outdoor retreat: I really Love camping & I Liked The world of Granite falls, It was really beautiful & serene, I also liked the campfire, Your sim can tell ghost stories after 7 pm.
    dine out: I liked the addition of restaurants, The things which I didn't really like in this game pack was the restaurant food delivery took too long, Expect your sim to wait for 3 to 5 hours for their food to arrive, I wish The food delivery time is reduced, There are mod to reduce This.
    So That were my favorite game packs
  • diavolosimsdiavolosims Posts: 37 Member
    Vampires
    Out of the poll, I would choose City Living, despite not visiting San Myshuno for a long time now. But in the poll, Vampires, because Caleb Vatore. (+_+) I wish he'd still look fiiine when the team reaches Forgotten Hollow in giving the premade households an overhaul. *\0/*
  • KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    Strangerville
    For me it it's between Parenthood and Strangerville.
    For some reason I just really love Strangerville with all my heart.
    It really got me back into playing TS4 and it was just so much fun for me. I also really love the world and build and buy.
    I do wish there was a way to toggle the story on/off though.

I do get why people don't like it though.
    When it comes to normal gameplay I prefer Partenthood though. ^^"
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited December 2021
    Strangerville
    StrangerVille for me. The build stuff I use all the time. I’m sure this had the first laptop? Although it’s not portable.

I love most of the clutter items and the lava lamps! The doors and windows are good additions.
    Plus the world itself is gorgeous. If there were more lots most of my Sims would live there.

I would like the army base to be an actual lot, even if there was a rabbit hole and a communal area Sims could hang out. Never understood why it’s on the map if you can’t go there.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited January 2022
    Vampires
    Vampires. It's like a different dev team made it or something seeing how deep they went with the gameplay mechanics and didn't even shy away from challenge. I absolutely love how you pick strengths and weaknesses with specific ones locking you out from others. It introduces new ways to play, adds some much needed challenge and encourages roleplay. I specifically pick weaknesses which I think fit the character in question instead of meta gaming it by picking the "best" options. I feel like it adds a nice dose of individuality. The amazing customization options for vampires help with that too. I love it how you can make unique looking vampires instead of them all just getting the same skin/eye overlay like in previous games.
    Vampires also offers a world which, although small, I truly appreciate because it's so aesthetically different from all the others. The pack also has some good NPCs, Vlad especially. What I like about Vlad is that not only does he look very unique, he actually serves a gameplay purpose and they have done it in a way that can also offer challenge. E.g. you might want this Grand Master vampire to become your master BUT they did not make it easy to befriend him for he has all the traits that make that difficult.
    Bonus: I also love the music of this pack. Actually added it to some of my Youtube playlists.

Parenthood. Really augments the family gameplay and integrates so well with the game that it feels like it should have always been there. I in general highly prefer packs that operate seamlessly instead of requiring you to e.g. travel to a specific location. I really loved Generations in TS3 and Parenthood kind of has the same idea. I still prefer Vampires though because of its' sheer amount of effort and the fact that Parenthood character value popups can get really repetitive and annoying. In an unmodded (long life span) game I also found the character values a bit too easy for Manners & Responsibility pretty much always max out without me having to do anything.
  • TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    Strangerville
    I love the story and look of Strangerville, but Realms of Magic and Parenthood are close seconds.
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Dine Out
    Not favorite per say, but I probably use dine out the most as lots of my sims' club gatherings and social events take place at restaurants.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Parenthood
    I have been enjoying gameplay from Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, and Outdoor Retreat, so I would say it's between Parenthood and Vampires. I would put Vampires higher, but I play with non-Vampires more often, so Parenthood is the main gamepack that affects all of my families. :smile:

I'm still tipping my toes into the other packs, but Realm of Magic sounds like a great pack to complement my Vampire/Mermaid occult gameplay, and I just love fantasy and magic stuff.

I loved many of the packs I mentioned above, but Parenthood is so very important to me as a family player. I love the fact that parenting is a skill, and that the character values of the children and teens can be affected by the guardians' parenting. I love the childhood and teen "phases" as well. The phases give a bit of random real-life aspects to the stages. I love the little new details like lunch bags, school projects, activity tables, doctor playsets, journals, parenting discipline techniques like time-outs or grounding, chance cards, volunteer opportunities, and, of course, the CAS and build items. Lots of great stuff that I feel are essential for a family player.

Vampires add lots of new stuff as well, particularly in the Build and CAS department alongside the new vampire gameplay system. Great CAS and Build options for those who love to add more vampiric or gothic aesthetics to their game. Great vampire systems for players who want to add vampires. The vampires have some customization in their CAS and skills, and can even gain the ability to walk in the daytime. (I absolutely love the vampires in this game! :smile: ) Great pack for occult or vampire lovers and those who love that vampire-goth aesthetic.

Outdoor Retreat is great for some cute little family vacation getaways and exploring the outdoors. I used the location for my families to vacation in. The CAS and build items are pretty good, and it has some new traits. I love the stargaze/cloudgaze actions! It adds herbalism and some collectibles like insects, herbs, and fish, and some camping items, like fire pits, outdoor bathrooms, tents, etc. Really great pack if you like camping activities and camp items. :smile:

I'm still exploring other packs, but Dine Out is another one I like using, from time to time. I often have my sims cook and go to restaurants a lot in past Sims games, so this was a pack I was looking forward to. It is still a good pack, but it is not as in-depth as past Sims games, and sometimes getting served takes time or gets glitchy. I still enjoy this pack, though.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Vampires
    I like Vampires but I also like realm of magic and strangerville. Vampires and Realm of Magic have the same gameplay which I like but Strangerville has the task based stuff that I like too. So it was hard to pick just one
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Parenthood
    It was a toss-up between Parenthood and Vampires, and I went for Parenthood.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Parenthood
    It was a toss-up between Parenthood and Vampires, and I went for Parenthood.

Yeah, this was one was a tough one, as I love using both! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited January 2022
    Vampires
    Vampires = Parenthood > Jungle Adventures = Strangerville

All of them are fantastic packs but I chose Vampires as I think it was the first "breakout gamepack" that just did really, really well. Only complaint about Jungle Adventurers is that you can't live there which is a shame. Both Vampires and Strangerville (and Realm of Magic) suffer from "not enough lots in their world" syndrome, especially Vampires which is a shame cause the setting is delightfully gothic and eerie.

Realm of Magic is fine, but I really haven't used it that much? I kind of miss the wacky spells from Sims 3 (turning people into frogs...), but we got Morgyn out of the pack so I guess it evens out.

Dine Out had a lot of promise but is too darn buggy and suffers from a lot of limitations.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Star Wars: Journey to Batuu

I love all the packs, but right now, overall, I'd have to say that Star Wars: Journey to Batuu has stolen my heart! Something about going to this world made me so happy. I really love wandering around with my little robots following behind me, collecting light sabres and dueling, and star wars theme music playing while I go on quests and complete the aspirations, and gamble away at the sabacc table, and collect the batuu recipes and ewok stuffies. This was the last pack I added to my collection because it didn't get as great reviews, and I have learned I can't trust reviews, I just have to buy all the packs because there's something great in all of them. But what a wonderful surprise that the one I thought I would never buy turned out to be my favourite. :heart: