Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which male teen do you like better? (CLOSED) Thank you for voting!

Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
Going just by their physical appearance and name, which one of these two male teen Sims do you like better? I made these two intending to use one of them as the Sim for the next round of my One Month One World One Year Challenge in 2022. I like them both, but can't decide which one I like better. I'm curious what others might think about them. Any comments about why you like either one or not is extremely welcome. Thank you! :)

eFiOgUB.png

*Note - I might not use either one and make a completely different Sim, but I will most likely use one of these two with perhaps a few tweaks...or not.

Update!

Here is a link to the challenge one of these two teens may participate in next year:

One Month One World One Year Challenge

In a nutshell, the main challenge goal is to post one daily (real day) screenshot with a short summary of what happened that day with your challenge Sim. Start with a teen Sim on an empty lot with 0 simoleans in a world (my timeline starts with Mt. Komerebi) and complete the aspiration(s) for that world before moving to another world the next month. Aging is off. Your Sim is a teen for three (real months), young adult four months, adult four months and in December, an elder. It's a bit more involved, but that's the gist of the challenge.
Post edited by Karababy52 on

Which male teen do you like better? (CLOSED) Thank you for voting! 59 votes

Jack
15%
alexspoom13BabykittyjadeblueyblueskyWaytoomanyUIDsMDianaSimsSimsSlayHolidaySeashoreLiviaACruelButLovingGod 9 votes
Cale
84%
GalacticGalMariefoxprice83simgirl1010g01denswanloubyloulougoodcakebaker62DarkLady2788YautjagirltaydevxKay_luvxFinvolaSweetieWright_84Sindocatannaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR7snoepjes1210SimmerMarsDoloresGreyMovottiKarababy52 50 votes

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    Cale
    Cale :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Cale
    I like Jack's name, it's one of my favorite names, but I like Cale's look. He looks like he might have an interesting and mysterious back story.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Cale
    I have no idea what that challenge is about, but the kid on the right looks like he might already be equipped to handle pretty much any challenge.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Cale
    Cale is intriguing. I'd like to know more about him. What is the challenge about?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Cale
    I like kale chips.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    Cale
    I thought Jack's look was too 'clean', so I voted for Cale, as I find him more interesting looking. I also think Cale is a cool name.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Jack
    Jack😁 I'm surprised he didn't get more votes. Plus you said teen. He looks a bit more teenish.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Cale
    Cale. Jack is way too polished. But give Cale his facial hair - that 5 o'clock shadow is way too much.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Cale
    Cale due to the scar, there got to be a story behind it!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Cale
    Thank you so much to everyone who has voted so far and your great comments! A couple Simmers have wondered what the challenge is about in which one of these teens will possibly be the main Sim. Here is a link to the challenge thread for more details:

One Month One World One Year Challenge

In a nutshell, the main challenge goal is to post one daily (real day) screenshot with a short summary of what happened that day with your challenge Sim. Start with a teen Sim on an empty lot with 0 simoleans in a world (my timeline starts with Mt. Komerebi) and complete the aspiration(s) for that world before moving to another world the next month. Aging is off. Your Sim is a teen for three (real months), young adult four months, adult four months and in December, an elder. It's a bit more involved, but that's the gist of the challenge.

I should have showed a side profile of these teens since some might think Jack has short slicked back hair. He actually has long hair just below his shoulder blades pulled back into a thick ponytail. Just for clarification. :) I'll admit too @Sindocat the 5 o'clock shadow is a bit much for Cale. However, I just love that beard and use it a lot. To be fair also, Cale is naturally a very hairy guy, more so than Jack. However, I will consider changing it to the Parenthood teen beard that Jack has if he ends up being my teen of choice. Thanks again everyone! :)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Cale
    I have several teens whose styles I can't quite pin down to my own satisfaction - so PLEASE don't take my feedback personally. It's all just my opinion, offered because invited. :)
    Cale
    No worries @Sindocat :) I did ask for feedback and I appreciate your opinion! I haven't taken it personally, I was just clarifying a bit why Cale has that 5 o'clock shadow. Realistically, most teens would not have that much hair, but some do. There were a couple guys with full beards in the high school I attended decades ago. It is rare though, so thank you! :)
    Cale
    Oh wow that is 12 real months. That’s so cool. I didn’t know there are yearly challenges. I look forward to hearing more about your story once you choose.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I like Cale's style better, but their faces look identical.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Cale
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Oh wow that is 12 real months. That’s so cool. I didn’t know there are yearly challenges. I look forward to hearing more about your story once you choose.

Took me just over one RL year to complete Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. The game was still so new and still so barren. I didn't feel compelled to play every day, so I just didn't.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Cale
    Elliandre wrote: »

Took me just over one RL year to complete Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. The game was still so new and still so barren. I didn't feel compelled to play every day, so I just didn't.

I'm interested to try one. Do you have a favourite challenge? I play rotationally, but lately I'm thinking I should rotate through different Save games also to try new gameplay styles like legacy and other challenges.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Cale
    Poor Jack is underappreciated
    Cale
    @Elliandre - Most Legacy type challenges will take a long time to complete unless you play every day. I know some Simmers take even longer than a year. However, most are not specifically designed with a requirement to play every day like my challenge. I have played many, many challenges and I've yet to see one that has that requirement, except mine. I'm sure there are others, I just haven't discovered them. Anyway, thanks for what you said about looking forward to reading about my try at the challenge next year. Look for a thread about it the first of the year. :)

Anyway, if you're looking for long challenge suggestions, my favorite is the Drifter challenge! The Apocalypse challenge is fun too! Other challenges I've enjoyed include; the Asylum Challenge, Just One Sim, any type of Rags to Riches Challenge, Runaway Teen Challenge, Shipwrecked, Nomad Challenge, and though I've never played it myself, many Simmers love the Murkland Challenge. These are just a very few I've played, I'm a challenge addict. :D You can find links to the rules for all of these and many, many more challenges here on the forum. :)

@alanmichael1 - I can see how at first glance you'd think they were identical. I have a certain style that I like for my male Sims so a lot of them end up looking similar. I guess I suffer somewhat from same face syndrome a bit. :D However, if you look closely, they are definitely not identical. Jack has a square face/jaw, Cale's is more oval. Their nose, lips and eyebrows are different as well. Cale's eyes are farther apart too. Both have a different body style too if you look at their neck and shoulders. Both Sims started out as a different randomized Sim in CAS and I tweaked them from there. :)
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Cale
    Cale definitely.
    Jack radiates good young dad vibes though.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    Cale
    Okay, I think it's quite clear which guy y'all like the best and honestly, I do too! I made Jack first and I really, really like him. But then I started to have my doubts if he was rugged enough for what I have in mind for his life next year. I could've just changed him up, but decided to make a different guy instead. This time I purposely made him look more rough, added the scar, more scraggly hair, ripped jeans, etc. Added the freckles, the mole, etc. Plus, I use that particular shade of green eyes Jack has for my males way too often, so made Cale's blue instead. One other thing about Cale is that he uses a skin overlay, Jack is au naturale vanilla skin.

I played them both in a test save just for funsies. Both saves are gone now and loved them both in the end and still was hesitant which one to use, but leaning more toward Cale, hence the poll. Thank you to everyone for your votes and your comments, very much appreciated! Look for Cale Conrad started January 1st in the 2022 edition of the One Month One World One Year challenge! :)

Happy Simming y'all! <3

*Note for @EA_Cade or @EA_Rtas - Not sure which one of you is in charge of doing this, but this thread can be closed now whenever you have a chance to do it. Thank you!
    Cale
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @Elliandre - Most Legacy type challenges will take a long time to complete unless you play every day. I know some Simmers take even longer than a year. However, most are not specifically designed with a requirement to play every day like my challenge. I have played many, many challenges and I've yet to see one that has that requirement, except mine. I'm sure there are others, I just haven't discovered them. Anyway, thanks for what you said about looking forward to reading about my try at the challenge next year. Look for a thread about it the first of the year. :)

Anyway, if you're looking for long challenge suggestions, my favorite is the Drifter challenge! The Apocalypse challenge is fun too! Other challenges I've enjoyed include; the Asylum Challenge, Just One Sim, any type of Rags to Riches Challenge, Runaway Teen Challenge, Shipwrecked, Nomad Challenge, and though I've never played it myself, many Simmers love the Murkland Challenge. These are just a very few I've played, I'm a challenge addict. :D You can find links to the rules for all of these and many, many more challenges here on the forum. :)

Thank you very much for the suggestions. These all look great. I will look for your story in January :smiley: