The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vampire Discussion: I Need Help

OceanbornAngel13OceanbornAngel13 Posts: 104 Member
I don't know if I am alone in this but it's so hard for me to play my Vampire Sim as an honorable, good Vampire that drinks Blood Packs and asks people for their blood. >_< It is seriously more fun and much quicker to fill thirst as an amoral vampire jerk who just doesn't care. But because I like this Male Sim so much, don't want him to be evil, I am trying to be a good Vampire. Yet it is so difficult for me to resist the urge to suck people dry against their will! I need help staying the course!!!
You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Honestly, I typically use plasma packs because they are easy once stacked in the inventory. Only thing not easy about them is ordering since we cannot type the numbers in and have to click for an eternity. I easily keep a family of 7 vampires well kept on plasma packs besides the clicking nuisance, and a few have thirst weaknesses making them go through a lot.

Then you can just grow plasma fruit or craft plasma packs from fish if you don't want to order.

I actually complain more about drinking from Sims. If my vampire is evil, why wouldn't (s)he fill the entire thirst need instead of letting go for the other Sim's health?
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I think if you create blood packs out of fish or frogs the thirst bar fills more
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,415 Member
    If you want to use frogs you can breed them in your inventory, just click on them in the inventory. As soon as you have two, they can create a new frog every few hours. There is a cool down of a few hours but as long as you keep two in your inventory you can create a plasma pack every few hours after breeding a frog. It's not enough to fill all the vamp thirst, but you need to buy less packs on the pc.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited December 2021
    Life is definitely harder for human-friendly vampires because neither plasma fruit nor plasma packs or Plasma Jane fill the thirst bar quite as quickly and effectively as drinking directly from another sim. Plus, the latter increases their vampire powers as well.

It annoyed me so much that I ended up downloading a mod to make the vegetarian alternatives more satisfying, and now my four-vampire household easily survives on plasma drinks made with the juice fizzer from Eco Lifestyle. One bottle is usually enough to satisfy a vampire for the day.

I can share the mod if anyone is interested.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,371 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish I would definitely be interested in the mod if you don't mind sharing it.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Okay, I just looked it up and it says that the particular mod I'm using ("Better Plasma" by Drinkfromthecup) is currently not available for download. Sorry. :s

But LittleMsSam has also made a similar mod, specifically one that allows you to turn plasma fruit into plasma packs that "fill the Thirst Motive 50% more than the other packs". I haven't tested this one myself, but I know that LittleMsSam keeps her mods up to date, so it should work:

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175405607113/plasma-packs-from-plasma-fruits-this-tuning-mods

It is available in several languages other than English if needed.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    Is your vampire married? If not you could put him on the course for it, a woman that agrees to be both his wife and well..dinner till she passes then that could be his life marrying not for money but for a steady supply of plasma. Which yeah I guess sounds evil but with eternal consent I think that's right at the line.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    My main sim is also a good vampire, but I enjoy the challenge. He relies on plasma packs and plasma fruit recipes to manage his thirst. He has also completed the good vampire aspiration, which helps as he has both the tamed thirst power and regained humanity reward trait. He hasn't compelled another sim for a drink for a long time. I'm so proud. :D

I agree playing a bad vampire can be fun and difficult to resist. My main sim has a dark alternate personality that I sometimes play when I'm in the mood for some mischief and I've also played vampires that only feed on evil sims. I'm a sucker for an antihero.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    It is difficult sometimes to play a good vampire. I had a recent accident where a thirsty vamp snuck a sip while I was looking at something else :s . I was annoyed with her at the time, she had plenty of plasma packs in her inventory. I've gone on and incorporated it into her story, she is now riddled with guilt and hiding this shameful incident (and resulting cravings) from both her vamp family and her vamp boyfriend (Caleb Vatore). I'm not sure where this is going - right now I've moved on in my game rotations. Once I have some inspiration, I'll swing back around to that game.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    LittleMissSam's "Plasma Fruit into Plasma Packs" if you can/want to use mods. Otherwise, 2-3 medical packs (bought online) should be enough for one meal (you'll likely need 2 per day). Plan to order them every weekend or two (treat it like putting in a medicine order for a chronic condition).
    Vampire Lore, regular power usage, and regular training will get you the XP.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Plant some plasma fruit trees and keep bulk amounts in your inventory.
    Give your sim the guilty drinker weakness.
    Have the sim in question have a lot of friends that are almost full relationship so they are more prone to accepting for you to drink from them,
    Good vampire aspiration
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    You should become good friends with a few sims. Then form a club with them and ask them to come by when you are thirsty.
    Alternatively you can suck up to the Mother Plant and take the bizzare fruit. Every nigh around 1:00 am your sim will become possesed and all his needs will get filled automatically.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,939 Member
    Yeah tbh I usually end up making even my good vampires sip some less good sims cause you need so many plasma packs/fruits to fill up that its like constant eating life once you choose that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yup, I have LMS's awesome vampire mods, I especially love the one that makes them immune to sunlight, can eat regular food and stop that infernal hissing, lord. :D There's also a mod from MTS, plasma packs fills more hunger, for those who wish to go the good route. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Sustaining a vampire off of blood, er, plasma packs gets tedious, especially if they've got the Sloppy Drinker weakness (did that ONCE). Tried asking for permission to feed a couple of times but after a couple of negative reactions just said heck with it and sucked em dry (or at least till they passed out). The times I complete the Good Vampire aspiration they almost always hibernate in their coffin through most of the 14 days they are required to "don't drink with out permission".
    The cake is a lie
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    You should become good friends with a few sims. Then form a club with them and ask them to come by when you are thirsty.
    Alternatively you can suck up to the Mother Plant and take the bizzare fruit. Every nigh around 1:00 am your sim will become possesed and all his needs will get filled automatically.

Yes, but if he goes out like that during the day he can die from the sun.