Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods not working on Mac

Hi fellow Simmers! :)

I recently bought a Mac laptop and installed ts4 but the mods I downloaded do not seem to be working at all. I have enabled the Mods and cc from the game options, I have the mods all in the right folder and they are compatible for Mac, but still they just won't appear to the game when I launch it. I basically tried everything that was supposed to fix it, but still nothing. Contacting EA didn't help either.

Any response would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SimsInHogwartsSimsInHogwarts Posts: 57 Member
    Anyone???
  • Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    I play on Mac and all my mods work (I have plenty). If you are sure you have the mods placed in the correct folder, enabled script mods and CC in TS4 options, one thing you might try is check if you are syncing your Desktop and Documents folders to iCloud. Some of the files upload to iCloud and are no longer really stored on your Mac. I used to have issues with the game before I disabled this, although not with Mods specifically.

If this doesn't help, I suggest asking for help on one of the Sims community discord servers like Deaderpool’s or Sims After Dark. They have support channels and someone might be able to help.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Do your files end in .pkg? If not maybe you need to extract them. I think Mac comes with a program to do that. Just right-click on the download and choose extract.
  • Options
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Do your files end in .pkg? If not maybe you need to extract them. I think Mac comes with a program to do that. Just right-click on the download and choose extract.

No I just checked, they end in .pkg so that must not be it
  • Options
    figgy wrote: »
    I play on Mac and all my mods work (I have plenty). If you are sure you have the mods placed in the correct folder, enabled script mods and CC in TS4 options, one thing you might try is check if you are syncing your Desktop and Documents folders to iCloud. Some of the files upload to iCloud and are no longer really stored on your Mac. I used to have issues with the game before I disabled this, although not with Mods specifically.

If this doesn't help, I suggest asking for help on one of the Sims community discord servers like Deaderpool’s or Sims After Dark. They have support channels and someone might be able to help.

Yeah I will probably ask for help on discord because unfortunately there problem is not the iCloud. Ahh pretty frustrating...

Thank you anyway for your time!