Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Nov 30, 2021 Neighborhood Stories Patch

Comments

• Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Chingyu traits seem to be causing UI errors

@boxofsimmers which ones specifically? Did you test them without any other Mods/CC in your Mods folder?
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I found out that a mod I use, Gardening for All Seasons, had been updated to include Cottage Living plants. I installed the 11am Merged file, but when I loaded the game I immediately got a LastException stating that the mod had bad tuning.

I don't know if anyone else uses the mod.

https://modthesims.info/d/643968/gardening-for-all-seasons.html
  • Options
    BessyBessy Posts: 30 Member
    Hi! I've updated my Clutter Anywhere Plants (https://modthesims.info/d/657251/clutter-anywhere-part-five-plants.html) and Lamps (https://modthesims.info/d/657239/clutter-anywhere-part-four-lamps.html) - figured out how to add Blooming Rooms items, my other Clutter Anywhere parts and No Backsplash Counters are working fine with the latest patch.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Here is what Brazen says on her Patron page:

Patch Update Info

I thought for sure some of my mods were going to need updating (because they usually need an update every patch) but they didn't this time around so yay! All my recipes and mods have been checked in game at this point so you can see the status of everything on one of the pages here:

As usual, if you have any issues please let me know via Discord!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Mendota wrote: »

Patch Update Info

I thought for sure some of my mods were going to need updating (because they usually need an update every patch) but they didn't this time around so yay! All my recipes and mods have been checked in game at this point so you can see the status of everything on one of the pages here:

I saw that post too (as I'm sure Luth has). She said "some of her mods" and with the status page still showing as broken, it's best to go by her status page. Sure she may have forgotten to change that one, but until it's known for sure, it's better to list it as it is according to her status page. Especially since the post can be interpreted different ways. It can always be changed later.

I'll get in touch with Brazen to get a confirmation one way or the other.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    Sean_GSean_G Posts: 7 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @Mendota I checked the broken mods/CC for BrazenLotus against all the pages on her status list. I think she was clearing the rest of the testing, not *all* mods
    > @surgeonsprincess Is that Midnitetech's? Have you downloaded her zip file from her Patreon from a couple months ago? It might be updated in that.
    > @Sean_G Worth taking that first issue to AHQ. SHEnanigans is active on Twitter; I'd try contacting her there. She did clear all her mods.
    > @mamitearss It sounds like a window-size issue or UI Scale or something like that, not like a mod issue. Head over to AHQ for help on how to fix it. This patch didn't break any UI mods.
    > @itscharmcaster Let me know if you find it, assuming that it's a mod that can be named here.
    > @ShinjiM It's not been reported broken, but has it been updated since Cottage Living?
    >
    >
    >
    > Mod Updates* Learn-to-Read Mod (baniduhaine)
    > * Active Photographer Career (sirwhimahot)
    > * Pre-Rebranding Pack Icons (simmytime)

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be her Mod that's the issue, actually, even though it's the one showing up in the LE Report. After a full 50/50, the culprit actually seems to llazyneiph's Auto Zodiac Mod. I just let him know and sent him the related logs.
  • Options

Patch Update Info

@Mendota I checked in with Brazen, she confirmed that they are Broken:
    Brazen Lotus
    I'm sorry - I meant that there are some mods that always need updating with a new patch that didn't end up needing an update this time. Anything with a red check is still broken and I'll look at the page and get the links up sometime this weekend :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited December 2021
    Thanks @Sean_G! Remind me what kind of broken llazyneiph's Auto Zodiac Mod is? Thanks :)

Mod Updates
    Mod Updates from Bienchen
    at https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/update-3-dezember-2021/
    • somecatanddogstraysinotherworlds
    • straycatsanddogsincitylifeworld
    • naturewalkforeveryone
    • plantsgodormantinwinteronly
    • townieoverhaul_lessfame
    • lifestyletweak
    • carryumbrellafix
    • lessautonomouscheckontoddler
    • lessautonomouscomputer
    • noagingatbirthdaypartyinvites
    • roleoutfitdisabled_bychoice
    • situationoutfitsbegone
    • activitypreferencestweak
    • apologyfix
    • asktoleaveoverhaul_v2
    • callandvisittweak
    • conversationtweak
    • harderjob
    • romancematters
    • sitatweddings
    • switchtozoneandbringheretweak
    • traitoverhaul
    • ungreetedbidgoodbye
    • whimoverhaul

CC Updates

Obsolete Mods - remove these
    • degree_tracker_bandaid (LeRoiDeTout) - If you still have them, also remove should_stop_organization_error, Should_Fix_SIAFU_Errors, and should_stop_fatherwinter_errors

New Bugfix Mod
    Cleared by Creator
    • Chingyu: all mods not under updated etc.
    • LeRoiDeTout: should_stop_workaholic_errors, denap_sims, should_stop_club_errors
    • Ravasheen: all mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    keepfaithbabykeepfaithbaby Posts: 26 Member
    Not sure if it has anything to do with the patch, but for some reason Farasi the horse (the mod) does not seem to work well in my game. The sims will feed the horse but refuse to ride it (the horse was cloned from a bike). When I direct my Sims to use Farasi the horse and to ride around on it, they refuse to do that, they wave their arms around instead. Has anyone had the same issue?
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

Patch Update Info

@Mendota I checked in with Brazen, she confirmed that they are Broken:
    Brazen Lotus
    I'm sorry - I meant that there are some mods that always need updating with a new patch that didn't end up needing an update this time. Anything with a red check is still broken and I'll look at the page and get the links up sometime this weekend :)

Thank you for checking. There are so many sites to run down that it can get quite confusing. Not only that, but I hate Discord. And again thank you Luth for all your dedicated efforts in doing this for us.
  • Options
    @keepfaithbaby See the 50/50 method for isolating the issue to confirm that it's the mod itself not a different conflict. Also, who makes that one?

Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Thanks @Sean_G! Remind me what kind of broken llazyneiph's Auto Zodiac Mod is? Thanks :)

With it in, I'm getting LE's for interactions with Toddlers, though the BE report is pinning it on a number of different mods. But things like "Hug Lovingly", "Babble", and so on all lead to LE's. That all ends with the Auto-Zodiac removed.
  • Options
    ailialoailialo Posts: 1 New Member
    pictureamoebae's nails all still work after the patch
  • Options
    szanne7777szanne7777 Posts: 43 Member
    @luthienrising and @keepfaithbaby regarding Farasi Horse:

The mod is by @necrodog and there is a Version 2 out - I'm not certain if that is the one causing trouble but you can reach @necrodog on Tumblr and here is the link for the Farasi Horse, V2:

https://necrodogmtsands4s.tumblr.com/post/659698110538317824/farasi-horse-base-game-version-2-hello-i-have
  • Options
    keepfaithbabykeepfaithbaby Posts: 26 Member
    > @szanne7777 said:
    > @luthienrising and @keepfaithbaby regarding Farasi Horse:
    >
    > The mod is by @necrodog and there is a Version 2 out - I'm not certain if that is the one causing trouble but you can reach @necrodog on Tumblr and here is the link for the Farasi Horse, V2:
    >
    > https://necrodogmtsands4s.tumblr.com/post/659698110538317824/farasi-horse-base-game-version-2-hello-i-have

Thank you! I didn't know there was a second version. I'll playtest it and see if it works better. I know the 1st version is currently giving me trouble.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    @Sean_G Please test with no other mods installed and delete localthumbcache. See page 1 for how to test a mod. Removing the mod alone doesn't show that it's a mod-game conflict. It could be a different conflict.
    @ailialo Do they work in live mode?

Mod Updates
    CC Updates
    Updated by Bakie for pond VFX:
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @Sean_G Please test with no other mods installed and delete localthumbcache. See page 1 for how to test a mod. Removing the mod alone doesn't show that it's a mod-game conflict. It could be a different conflict.

I have no idea how to interpret these results:

In my Earlier save files, I get LE's with just that Mod in and nothing else, and there are no LE's without it.

In my Save-As file made from those earlier files, it initially worked without errors with the Mod in, and then with every single other Mod I had as well. However, after testing with the earlier saves then clearing my cache, I went back to the current save, and I was suddenly getting LE's in that one with just the Mod in as well. Again, everything went back to fine when I removed it.
  • Options
    @Sean_G. It sounds like a save-specific issue, not a mod issue. I advise checking in with one of the support servers linked on p. 1.

Mod Updates
  • Options
    @Sean_G. It sounds like a save-specific issue, not a mod issue. I advise checking in with one of the support servers linked on p. 1.

I'll check in with them, but, as I said, it only occurs when that Mod is in, and comes into effect the next time entering a save after a game is saved with the mod in. I'll see if they have any idea on a support channel, and I've also contacted the creator to see if he has any ideas.
  • Options
    Sean_G wrote: »

I'll check in with them, but, as I said, it only occurs when that Mod is in, and comes into effect the next time entering a save after a game is saved with the mod in. I'll see if they have any idea on a support channel, and I've also contacted the creator to see if he has any ideas.

I tested this mod, and was able to do the "Hug Lovingly" and "Babble" without errors. Perhaps you're missing a required file (XML Injector or Trait Injector)? Or you need to make sure you have the latest versions of everything.
  • Options
    > @ScarletQueenKat said:
    > I tested this mod, and was able to do the "Hug Lovingly" and "Babble" without errors. Perhaps you're missing a required file (XML Injector or Trait Injector)? Or you need to make sure you have the latest versions of everything.

I have those all in there, and are all up to date. It also didn't happen until after I saved and went back in. But, yeah, it may just be interacted weirdly with other things. So I've mentioned it in the MCCC server, and we'll see if anyone has any ideas there.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    I have tested Keep Sims at Home Region during the weekend. It works for all worlds except Henford-on-Bagley, where I see mostly Sims from other worlds or NPC instead of the Sims that I have that live in this world. So it does not seem to have been updated for Cottage Living.
  • Options
    ShinjiMShinjiM Posts: 84 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I have tested Keep Sims at Home Region during the weekend. It works for all worlds except Henford-on-Bagley, where I see mostly Sims from other worlds or NPC instead of the Sims that I have that live in this world. So it does not seem to have been updated for Cottage Living.

Yes, the problem seems appear only in that location....
  • Options
    For people with Cottage Living looking for an alternative to Keep Sims at Home Region, try Lotharihoe's Sim Spawn Overhaul

Cleared by Creator
    • ky-e: Lifetime Aspirations
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Thanks for the suggestion @luthienrising :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top