Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage living, wish it had...

ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
edited November 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Not trying to be negative, just opening a space to hear everybody's ideas about this pack. I'm genuinely curious,

What kind of features would y'all have liked to see in game?

Here are mines :

- Baby calves ♥️ available to buy and possibly growing into an adult cow. It would have been so cute. We got baby chicks after all.

- A little bit more of variety. Geese and ducks. I'm not a fan of chickens tbh but I would have absolutely loved to see geese and ducks clumsily wandering around, and dress them in cute outfits.

-Same thing with llamas. I get that it's funny but I don't really play with them. I'd love the option to get a sheep instead for wool.

-With a friend we were fantasizing about the idea of u know baking a pie on a cute farm oven, put it on a window when ready, and some sim suspiciously walking by and steal it. 🤣😅 You know, something totally normal that would happen. Lol And what if sims could steal your family recipe for the pie contest, or ask/beg for you to share it? What if pie entries could be sabotaged...🤔 😈
🦆 🥧 🐑 💐 🏡
I'm hearing y'all ideas ♥ ♥ ♥
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited November 2021
    I would have liked the stalls operable in all worlds.

This thread has quite a few suggestions.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990705/the-sims-4-cottage-living-negativity-thread/p1
  • Options

Awesome! Thank you! I was just more like... letting my imagination flow... 😂 I know there's a lot of threads already, sorry about that...
  • Options
    ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    edited December 2021
    I want more canning recipe and you could eat them with bread 💖 Want new woodwork(outdoor retreat got it and woodwork will get along with cottage living theme too) I want single bed and toddler bed. I want more rug. I want rustic fuctional teapot/coffee pot. I want more curtain too. Want new toy for kid like cow plushie, Want hay stack!
    Post edited by Ararine on
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    I would have like shintz curtains and shints upholstered sofas and armchairs. It is so English!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I wish Cottage Living had:
    Fairies
    Pigs
    Baby Animals
    Horses
    Corn Seeds to grow Kernel Corns
    Apple Bobbing Contest
    Heyrides
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Pigs
    Corn fields
    Breeding of animals
    Machinery to make Hay Bales
    More recipes to use the jam like bread and jam, biscuits and jam, etc
    Get lamb meat from Llamas and recipes to go with it
    More things to do at the fair(like eating contests, bobbing for apples, kissing booths, haunted houses, skating depending on the seasons well like everything from sims 3 seasonal parks)
    Farmer's market sort of like the flea market where you could sell goods
    I wish the cow and llama sheds were not a black hole. I was looking forward to making a barn LOL
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I wish Cottage Living had:
    Fairies
    Pigs
    Baby Animals
    Horses
    Corn Seeds to grow Kernel Corns
    Apple Bobbing Contest
    Heyrides

I wanted baby animals so bad lol <3<3<3
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    You can can things, you can make bread, but you can't seem to combine the two to make sandwiches or have jam on toast. It makes the concept feel incomplete.

Chickens roaming is kina cool, but there seems to be no option to shoo them from inside the house.

Ziafar wrote: »
    I would have like shintz curtains and shints upholstered sofas and armchairs. It is so English!
    I think you mean chintz.
    For those who don't know what it means: It oringinated in India. Block printed floral desins on fabric. Over time it's come to mean any densly printied floral cotton, the term has also expanded into describing certain floral designs on china, and other items around the home. You can have a chintzy tea set, a chintzy sofa, chintzy curtains, chintzy carpet, and greet your guests in a chintz frock.
    It's all just a little bit too much Mrs Bucket for me.
    hyacinth-royal-doulton.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    You can can things, you can make bread, but you can't seem to combine the two to make sandwiches or have jam on toast. It makes the concept feel incomplete.

Yes, sandwiches and different things served on toast would be good. I eat sandwiches almost every lunchtime because it's the most practical option for the office. For example, cheese and pickle , cheese and marmite, tuna (no mayo please!), and there are so many variants you get in grab-and-go supermarket deals and so forth. And how about that Christmas combo, turkey with Brie and cranberry? It would be amazing if sims could create their own combos if they have a loaf of bread and the correct ingredients to hand.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    @Movotti You are right. Sorry, english is not my first language. I do not want to drown the house in chintz but a little bit here and there I would like
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Chickens roaming is kina cool, but there seems to be no option to shoo them from inside the house.

Ziafar wrote: »
    I think you mean chintz.
    For those who don't know what it means: It oringinated in India. Block printed floral desins on fabric. Over time it's come to mean any densly printied floral cotton, the term has also expanded into describing certain floral designs on china, and other items around the home. You can have a chintzy tea set, a chintzy sofa, chintzy curtains, chintzy carpet, and greet your guests in a chintz frock.
    It's all just a little bit too much Mrs Bucket for me.
    hyacinth-royal-doulton.jpg

I even know who you mean by 'Mrs. Bucket'. A little chintz would be nice, in moderation.
    I second the vote on sheep, UK without sheep is unthinkable. And lambs, they are soooo delightful.
    Afternoon tea is a must! How could they not have afternoon tea in a UK based pack?
    Too much of that delightful open area is not usable in some manner. Same goes for the village, too small, and I mean places where sims can go and do things, not more fake background.
    From CL, how about the ability to learn and then make traditional UK recipes?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I think there should have been, in no particular order:

- afternoon tea as a social activity and a working china tea set. Also option to order afternoon tea in restaurants and pubs.
    - sheep, butter, tweed weaving and clothes
    - football playing on the festival ground
    - a dog show on the festival ground
    - an antiques flea market on the festival ground
    - a farmers market day, on the festival ground, when sims could go and and buy and sell vegetables and fruits, preserves and honey, cheese and baked breads.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited December 2021
    I wish cottage living had:
    - fairies, why bother adding a vent and a stained glass window with a butterfly/fairy wings and no fairies? Just to give false hope to occult players?
    - picnic baskets to be used on the grounds, not just benches
    - functional tea set. After all these years a new tea set would be welcome and it would really fit the theme
    - more canning recipes
    - multiple cows or lama's in one shed, like the chickens and two or three different looking sheds,one of them perhaps even looking a bit more modern
    - a way to produce flour and sugar ourselves. Wheat to be planted on a garden plot and then grinded to flour or sent off to a rabbit hole mill by post. Similar thing with sugar beets to get sugar.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I wish cottage living had:
    - fairies, why bother adding a vent and a stained glass window with a butterfly/fairy wings and no fairies? Just to give false hope to occult players?
    - picnic baskets to be used on the grounds, not just benches
    - functional tea set. After all these years a new tea set would be welcome and it would really fit the theme
    - more canning recipes
    - multiple cows or lama's in one shed, like the chickens and two or three different looking sheds,one of them perhaps even looking a bit more modern
    - a way to produce flour and sugar ourselves. Wheat to be planted on a garden plot and then grinded to flour or sent off to a rabbit hole mill by post. Similar thing with sugar beets to get sugar.

YES!!! I don't even bother with the picnics because they keep popping off the benches and don't even sit and eat together really. It was poorly executed in my opinion.
  • Options
    More space would be good. In my current save I turned one of the residential lots into a park, and in a different save again, I turned one into a church.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd wish for it to have bull's calf's and a way to use the animals for meat I wanted a real farming pack not "Cottage Living" I never wanted a single cow locked to a barn that's not fun at all. The only thing done decently is the chicken's I'm truly surprised they added a rooster there's actually a little game play with them as they can have babies and do many random things unlike the solo cow locked to the ugly barn about as fun as the bassinet they call a baby.

The world is also way to small I end up not even using it such a disappointment.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I wanted a real farming pack not "Cottage Living"

I agree, I think the idea of a Cottage village with foxes and bunnies wandering around is cute enough for its own pack - maybe a fairy themed pack inspired on the UK- but they used it instated for not having to work big on a farm inspired pack, and just give us a few animals-objects with that excuse.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Some great suggestions! I grew up on a hog farm and would've loved to have them in Cottage Living, especially piglets! We even had one for a pet for awhile until he grew too big to be in the house. He was the runt of a litter that my sister and I saved from certain death. His name was Charlie. :) Anyway, just think how cute it would be to have piglets running around. Would be cool too if they got a mud pond to loll around in, and perhaps our Sims could fall in it too. :D

Other things I wish CL had was canning other produce besides just making jams/conserves. I'd love it if our Sims could can veggies/fruits to use in recipes. I know they can use the jams/conserves in recipes, but to me, that's not really 'canning' that's making jams and jellies. I'm talking about canning things such as green beans, tomatoes, peaches, pears, etc. Should've added a few other harvestables too, for instance, what's a farm without sweet corn? Would've loved peach trees and rhubarb too. Ever had a strawberry/rhubarb pie? Delicious! :)

One last thing that some might find a bit gross, but they missed the boat not adding 'cowpies' in the barnyard for our Sims to step in. Everyone talks about more realism, now that would be very realistic! They already can step in dog poo, so why not eh? ;)

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Elisdream wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I wanted a real farming pack not "Cottage Living"

I agree, I think the idea of a Cottage village with foxes and bunnies wandering around is cute enough for its own pack - maybe a fairy themed pack inspired on the UK- but they used it instated for not having to work big on a farm inspired pack, and just give us a few animals-objects with that excuse.

What you want is an American style ranch/farm. Choosing to do a different type of Cottage farm not based in the good old USA isn’t being lazy. It’s that diversity simmers also claim they want. We complain about the game being too American in one breath, then complain that it’s not American enough in the other. The easy way out would be to give us yet another FarmVille plant/harvest/wash/rinse/repeat pack. Instead they decided to go with a totally different storybook cottage farm vibe. I personally would not have bought the Old McDonald pack, but I bought Cottage Living precisely because it was a different type of countryside depiction.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I think with CoL having been such a success, there should be room for another similar themed
    pack, preferably including horses.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I think with CoL having been such a success, there should be room for another similar themed
    pack, preferably including horses.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the reason horses weren’t in CoL was to keep them in reserve for an equestrian pack of some kind.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I definitely would have liked a Fae presence because the world has mystery and whimsy. Although I think they would have been very shortchanged and in the long run, I really want a variety of Fae beings, Seelie and Unseelie, not just tiny winged princesses.

In addition, I would have liked a scheduled tea time and I also really wanted the ability to create a petting zoo for community lots so Sims could visit with the fam and feed goats and pat llamas and have pony rides for the kids and toddlers.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited December 2021
    @cyncie: That is indeed quite likely. Horses were already aimed to be included in Cats and Dogs until they felt they deserve their own Pack - which they do. EA could keep on adding stuff for kids and toddlers and include them, too.
    They've been hinting at an Equestrian Pack since long. I actually think it's already in development, but will take 2 or 3 years from start to finish.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Elisdream wrote: »
    -Same thing with llamas. I get that it's funny but I don't really play with them. I'd love the option to get a sheep instead for wool.

Same here. Yes, llamas are the signature animals of TS4, but they look so out of place in any world that isn't Oasis Springs or Selvadorada, and you can't even live in the latter. I have the royal family from Frozen in my game, with a llama as the reindeer Sven because I really didn't want to make him a cow, and that's also the reason my versions of Anna and Elsa enjoy knitting and stitching, respectively, but other families who want to do that just have to buy the wool instead of producing their own.

Also, it would be nice to have more barn models than just the one we got. Not that I don't like it, but like the llama, it doesn't fit in everywhere. Again with my Frozen family, they live in one of the premade Yukimatsu homes, there's Japanese architecture all around them, but then the barn looks the way it does, and it's weird. Granted, I've never been to a real Japanese farm and don't know what they look like, but I would appreciate matching styles.

Last but not least, I wish there was an easier and more reliable way to get the recipes for golden and midnight treats than participating in every fair there is, taking first place and hoping the reward will be worth it, not just something you already have, like the strawberry milk I won recently.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I definitely would have liked a Fae presence because the world has mystery and whimsy. Although I think they would have been very shortchanged and in the long run, I really want a variety of Fae beings, Seelie and Unseelie, not just tiny winged princesses.

Fae would be an amazing addition to the game.