Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What to do about ugly rocky terrain?

uglyterrain3rkmr.jpg

This problem already existed in TS2, which is the main reason I rarely used terrain tools back then. As soon as I raise a hill out of the ground, much of it will be covered by this brown rock texture that can't be painted over. I don't care if it's supposed to be more realistic this way (which I don't think it is, none of the grassy hills in the parks of my town look like that), I don't like it and I want it gone. Are there any tricks or mods to avoid this?

(In case you're wondering why I even put this ugly hill there in the first place... Well, I need something to fill up this huge lot.)

Comments

• Options
    ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish , maybe someone around here have a better aproach to this problem, but when making hills I usually "cover" the brown part with some flowers/bushes using bb.moveobjects on.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Build a gentler slope. Alternatively, decorate with stones, shrubs or flowers.

1ChiuEP.png
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    What annoys me more is how the lot will stand out in map view. Terrain manipulation makes the grass look like a different color when it really isn’t.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Agree with the vegetation ideas, preferably with the kind that can be harvested.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I usually use MOO to put lots of plants or rocks there. For really steep hills then I use big bushy trees like fir trees as they cover the base and can sit quite close to the hill.
    TBH though I dont use terrain tools much as I suck! (or maybe they suck...yup, its def them!). It bugs me that you cant really see what you are doing when you are using them and I always end up with weird bumps and lumps everywhere.