Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does your vampire worry about others witnessing them feeding?

Does your vampires worry about others seeing them drink "plasma" from their victims, or could they not care less what lowly mortals think? Do they go through great pains to not be seen biting necks for a drink, or would they gladly enjoy the taste of Candy [Behr] and leave her passed out on the floor as they return to dancing oblivious of, or even delighted by, all the horrified onlookers? Or maybe they are trying to spread a more positive image of vampires by requesting permission to feed off of someone and only feeding on those who consent?
The cake is a lie

Does your vampire worry about others witnessing them feeding? 65 votes

My vampires do NOT want others seeing them feed from their victims.
18%
DarkLady2788mlmeadowskeenowEnkiSchmidtOEII1001EA_MariAngeliqueAdelaideEnnaelSanniSilliJustMeAlbskovilewildleafbat 12 votes
My vampires are not bothered by others seeing them feed.
40%
SimmervillePlayerSinger2010akaniki0taydevemereBabykittyjadehalloweenchildRedDestiny92MinxLiELFMDianaSimsEgonVMRedShoe7MonaveilGrumpyGlowfishAtreya33InuMiroLoverDuskregnSERVERFRANate_Whiplash1 26 votes
My vampires ask for permission before feeding from anyone.
10%
rudolphaMiaSkywalkerduhboy2u2fiercephoenix91Rouensims[Deleted User]BookBear 7 votes
Other
30%
Celticgamer0lisamwitthaneulblueyblueskyannaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR7WaytoomanyUIDsmusteniKendranaBehappy1stSeashoreLiviasarabeth2984SimmingalKimmerCangwenCalico45IsharellUmbreon12VeeDubArarine 20 votes

Comments

• JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Typically my vampires will try to catch or lure their victims somewhere others will not likely see them, a lot of the time they feed exclusively off of plasma packs. Once I played a vampire who deliberately fed off their victims in the most crowded places they could find and enjoyed racking up quite a list of negative relationships, but typically I'm hesitant of doing something that gets negative reactions from the other sims.
    The cake is a lie
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other
    I don't have Vampires, but if I did I can see them using any/all of the poll answers depending on the individual.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    My vampires are not all-powerful, but a rare few, non-organized individuals in a high technology world with a functioning law enforcement including paranormal departments in the larger cities. So naturally they have to be careful.

That said, simply being a vampire is not illegal, and the one time my police lieutenant went into thirst desperation at work and sampled a co-worker, all he got was impulse control counceling. Main character plot armor is a useful thing to have ;)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Permission? Psshh. My Vampires drink deeply wherever and whenever they want. I even have a club that shows up at the nightclubs grabbing victims and causing chaos. Yeah, the behavior is starting to catch attention and there are a few hunters coming into being because of it but that's not a bother...yet.

So I say, "bottoms up"! >:)
    #Team Occult
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Other
    I have some who only ask and some who feed indiscriminately. I generally try not to let them be seen either way because vampires are supposed to be secret in my Sim world, but it happens.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other
    Some of them do but most of them don't care if someone sees them. Most of them are savages and think they're superior to regular Sims anyway. >:)
    I have one "good" vampire who always asks for a permission to drink plasma from a Sim, but she usually just drinks plasma fruits or plasma packs
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I used to care, but stopped around the time the game started falsely accusing my vampires of feeding in front of witnesses when they hadn't even done anything. Now they just feed whenever and wherever they want.

There is still a difference between out and closeted vampires in my game, however, the latter are usually vegetarians who eat and drink plasma fruit instead of feeding directly from other sims.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Other
    I've got a mix, some have the vegetarian trait so they stick to plasma fruit, others just feed behind closed doors and my more evil/mean vampires will feed openly.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    My vampires mostly feed on plasma packs and plasma fruit. But in those moments when they do feed on sims, they don't care about possible witnesses.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Other
    Depens on the vampire. Most of them don't really care (I usually just want to get them fed), but some are trying to be good. In my stories there have also been consequences about not caring as feeding in front of kids has lead to a break-up.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited November 2021
    Mine is pretty much all three, I will ask permission to feed on loved ones, if I want to keep up the masquerade I just feed on the townies I keep locked in my basements but for the most part they don't care if they feed out in the open, witnesses seem to mysteriously disappear, but if you listen carefully you can heard the Symphony of their screams coming from the basements.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Other
    All three - it depends on the vampire. My main vampire is a guilty drinker, but tries to manage his thirst with plasma packs and plasma fruit recipes. He used to feed on sims whenever he wanted, but he is trying to put his dark past behind him.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don't think my vampire sims care one way or the other. I personally don't let them feed off of human sims because if you do it just starts an endless cycle of annoying phone activity from other sims texting all the time to tell them how bad that are and I can't deal with it.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Other
    Depends on the vampire, really.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I only have one vampire sim, and he is pure evil--he doesn't care who sees
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I have one vampire in particular that wants absolute vampire domination in one save, and she WANTS the prey to see what exactly is going to happen to them.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Other
    Depends on the vampire. Old man Straud and his wife do not care. His daughters are every flavor of the rainbow. Caleb and his family do care, but to differing degrees.
  • wildleafbatwildleafbat Posts: 23 Member
    I love playing with vampires so I have a bunch in my save. For the most part, they don't want others to know, and feed on those who make the mistake of wandering out alone in the middle of the night, or coming over for a visit when they're particularly hungry. There's a few exceptions but that's how the majority of my vampires act. Even when they aren't pretending to be mortal to all their friends, I think it'd still feel weird to them to have others watch them feed!

I imagine Vampires in my save are a thing that people know about and accept as being real, but they're thought to be super rare and your chances of ever seeing one in your lifetime is pretty slim.
    edited November 2021
    I love playing with vampires so I have a bunch in my save. For the most part, they don't want others to know, and feed on those who make the mistake of wandering out alone in the middle of the night, or coming over for a visit when they're particularly hungry. There's a few exceptions but that's how the majority of my vampires act. Even when they aren't pretending to be mortal to all their friends, I think it'd still feel weird to them to have others watch them feed!

I imagine Vampires in my save are a thing that people know about and accept as being real, but they're thought to be super rare and your chances of ever seeing one in your lifetime is pretty slim.

Build a basement, filled with cells, bunkbeds and other amenities, start house party and bring all your guests to the basement, once everyone is down there, lock the basement door so only your sim's household and employees have access to it and voila you now have a place for easy to access plasma, I call these basements Plasma farms since it's like milking cows.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Even if I try to make every vampire different, I still keep making this. Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it's a mistake...
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    I play two different vampire clans, and while the Modern clan try to live like humans sleeping at night and feeding from plasma drinks etc, the Traditional Clan (leaded by Vlad, of course) only feed from sims. They often keep prisoners to feed from, but especially when their household gets bigger, they also feed from random sims during the night. And - they don't put up a performance wanting an audience, but they don't mind if observed, either. Being seen might build them some respect, and in my game the clan controls Hollow, where they also control the residents. Nobody would dare to report a vampire attack.

On a side note, I wish those random sims walking by an ongoing feeding would react more often. Most of them hardly care at all.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I play two different vampire clans, and while the Modern clan try to live like humans sleeping at night and feeding from plasma drinks etc, the Traditional Clan (leaded by Vlad, of course) only feed from sims. They often keep prisoners to feed from, but especially when their household gets bigger, they also feed from random sims during the night. And - they don't put up a performance wanting an audience, but they don't mind if observed, either. Being seen might build them some respect, and in my game the clan controls Hollow, where they also control the residents. Nobody would dare to report a vampire attack.

On a side note, I wish those random sims walking by an ongoing feeding would react more often. Most of them hardly care at all.

I personally like sorting vampire sims into one of the 13 VTM clans myself, Vlad is part of Clan Nosferatu and Caleb is part of Clan Toreador. https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Clan_(VTM)#The_13_major_clans
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Other
    I put in other.
    The reason is that I have some Vampire sims that don't care, but ask for permission to drink plasma, if the answer is no, they leave the Sim alone.
    Some of my Vampires will drink plasma, but get embarrassed at being caught, even it they are given permission to do so.
    While my other Vampires will stalk their prey, corner them, and then drink their plasma.
    Finally, I have some Vampires who don't care about being seen, and drink the plasma regardless of permission or not. The Sims they target tend to have been rude to them some way, and they are getting back at them.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Other
    It usually depends on their personality or the story. In my last decade's challenge, my vampire did not want anyone to see and if he made a mistake and was caught then the sim would disappear. In some of my modern playthroughs, they didn't mind so much due to society's take on vampirism. Being seen mostly as a personal pleasure preference.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    They have the Brave, Carefree & Shameless traits. >:):p