Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tea brewer autonomy increased in yesterday's update?

mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
Has anyone else had tea brewing/drinking autonomy tuned drastically higher since yesterday's (Tues 11/23) update?

Only tea is different, not coffee maker or fridge drinks or getting water.

I don't have any mods.

Comments

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yes, it has increased in my game significantly, only there wasn’t an update yesterday. It was weeks ago. You must have had one waiting for you.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited November 2021
    I've had this for a while too. Whenever my Sims aren't doing a task they are making or drinking tea. It actually fits with their personalities though, so I don't mind it too much. I can see it becoming annoying for some players though.

I haven't looked to see if it's been reported as a bug as it doesn't bother me, but it may be worth looking at Answers HQ. :smile:

Edit: Try this one:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-obsessively-making-coffee-tea-autonomy-issue/m-p/10481265#M188446
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I've only had one sim who liked to make tea and drink it. All the rest I need to prompt, huh.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Has anyone else had tea brewing/drinking autonomy tuned drastically higher since yesterday's (Tues 11/23) update?

Only tea is different, not coffee maker or fridge drinks or getting water.

I don't have any mods.
    As @babajayne said, absolutely only it isn't new, at least not for me. I don't remember when it started but it's been at least several weeks. I had to remove the tea maker, they got more obsessed with it than even the workout equipment.

HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    Ok thanks folks, and I will add myself to the bug report!
    I don't mind exactly, either, @GirlFromIpanema , it's just odd that it changed so much so suddenly.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I also started notice more autonomous tea brewing recently, somewhere in the last month.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    That came with the Spa Day refresh update. Drinking tea is needed for one of the new aspirations so they did it that when a tea is brewed sims will autonomously go get a cup.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Ok thanks folks, and I will add myself to the bug report!
    I don't mind exactly, either, @GirlFromIpanema , it's just odd that it changed so much so suddenly.

My Sims and visiting Sims always grab a tea and sit chat and together autonomously, I like it. But "grab a tea" is often lined up before they've even finished their first cup! I'm British, I get the compulsion to drink tea, but it might be a bit too much... :lol:
    That came with the Spa Day refresh update. Drinking tea is needed for one of the new aspirations so they did it that when a tea is brewed sims will autonomously go get a cup.

This makes sense. I don't have Spa Day so don't have that aspiration, it's weird that my game has been impacted by it. Not a big deal though. :smile:

I know they'll fix it eventually, but I'm going to enjoy it for now. 🫖
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    They queue it up one after another! Then they make more! It’s ridiculous.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Its always been so bad it keep the tea thingy in the family inventory unless needed
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    Ahh that makes sense @DoloresGrey thank you.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2021
    Huh. I saw that happening, but just assumed it was because it was winter in game, and the house was cold.