Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A small addition but I love this

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Untitled-86.jpg
I have 2 kids. Their dad is a vampire and mom WAS a spellcaster when they were born. While they were elementary student, their mom turned into a vampire. The kids had a birthday yesterday and became teens. One raised up to a spellcaster and the other one became a vampire. But the vampire kid got a glimmerstone in his inventory For FREE. I was wondered why.

9.jpg
I think this is from his weak bloodline trait is inherited from his mom. I love this small addition for my vampire sim :D

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I guess it's from the weak bloodline trait too.

After all, when sim has one of those magical bloodline traits, they don't have to do the quest when talking to the sage as they can simply ask them to be turned into a spellcaster, even when they haven't been one before.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited November 2021
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I guess it's from the weak bloodline trait too.

After all, when sim has one of those magical bloodline traits, they don't have to do the quest when talking to the sage as they can simply ask them to be turned into a spellcaster, even when they haven't been one before.
    Wow! Really? Thanks for the good info!! :D

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    That's neat!

Myself, I got a glitched version of probably the same feature:

After one of my spellcasters' teenaged daughter made mac 'n cheese in her dad's cauldron, she suddenly had a Glimmerstone in her inventory. She isn't related to him (step-daughter) and has no magical heritage whatsoever (created in CAS as a child). I headcanon that her dad was expressing his hopes for Alice to follow into his footsteps.
  • LadyAmayleeLadyAmaylee Posts: 24 Member
    I do love the mac 'n cheese cauldrons though. Randomly.
    As for the glimmerstones, I've had them randomly appear on sims that have no magical heritage that I know off at all. I'd been wondering about that, but I don't see the logic other than that they might've been near someone using magic/used the cauldron to make mac 'n cheese.