Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limiting a house to 4 sims.

Often a house has only 1 or 2 bedrooms. So I try to create a "nuclear" family consisting of 4 people (mom, dad, and 2 kids.) But TS4 will have 8 sims living in a 1 bdr home which is crazy to me. To make matters worse MCCC's default is 8 sims on a lot, or 3 children per household. I stopped visiting homes with children because in the back of my mind I knew there was nowhere for them to sleep,.

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    edited November 2021
    I think MCCC population has options for maximum household size and somewhere {main mod, population or pregnancy?} there are options for maximum children per household too.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    I think MCCC population has options for maximum household size and somewhere {main mod, population or pregnancy?} there are options for maximum children per household too.

This is true. But I want to limit all households to 4.
    bluedanube wrote: »
    To make matters worse MCCC's default is 8 sims on a lot, or 3 children per household. I stopped visiting homes with children because in the back of my mind I knew there was nowhere for them to sleep,.

I'd modify their bedrooms with bunk beds if I noticed this during one of my neighborhood visits. If they are living in a residential lot with stacked levels I'd carve open a hole from the roof and apply another level. Otherwise, I will break another partition on the second floor and begin creating another room.

I've done that on occasion (added bunk beds), but that was in homes where I'd have a interest in following. I've got my game set-up to have 3 children per homes (MCCC default), which means 5 sims per home, but other homes have 8 sims living in a home and it seems that there are new sims that have moved in bc of marriage. And then there are their children. It gets to be a bit much to coordinate.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

You can do that. On a computer select MCCC Settings -> Gameplay Settings -> Maximum Household Size and then set the number you want. I have no idea how the game will handle existing households that are already over 4, but no households under 4 will gain more than that going forward.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

You can do that. On a computer select MCCC Settings -> Gameplay Settings -> Maximum Household Size and then set the number you want. I have no idea how the game will handle existing households that are already over 4, but no households under 4 will gain more than that going forward.

I think any extra Sims will be deleted, so you’ll want to separate them first.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    AyKooChao wrote: »

MCCC has a default of 8 sims per house.

MCCC has a default of 8 per home and a default of 3 children per home. The problem lies when a sim gets married (EX: BFF Summer Holiday marries and her husband moves in and they have a child. Now there are 5 sims on the lot.)
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    One of my current save's keeps throwing a family of four (two married and two others) in one bedroom houses. I last found they had moved in to the trailer lot in Oasis Springs.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,487 Member

I suppose you could go into manage households and delete Sims to make them all four Sim households and then set MCCC up the way VeeDub suggested to keep things that way.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Brd709 wrote: »
    One of my current save's keeps throwing a family of four (two married and two others) in one bedroom houses. I last found they had moved in to the trailer lot in Oasis Springs.

I'm trying to force the game to limit households to 4 people (1married couple w/2 children). But it seems that if a female proposes to a mate then the mate moves into her home with everyone else there. Not to mention having children.
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    It sounds like your main problem may be the random marriages MCCC creates. I have experienced this, too. All of a sudden you have random households that consist of 2-3 married couples plus kids. One thing you can do is to change the MCCC settings for random marriages. Click on a computer> click MC Pregnancy> Marriage Sim Selection> Marriage Percentage. You can set the minimum value to zero for every age group, then no random marriages should occur anymore. I have set mine to 5 (Default is 20) and I still find that the random marriages annoy me, so I think I will also give this a try and set to zero.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited November 2021
    Often a house has only 1 or 2 bedrooms. So I try to create a "nuclear" family consisting of 4 people (mom, dad, and 2 kids.) But TS4 will have 8 sims living in a 1 bdr home which is crazy to me. To make matters worse MCCC's default is 8 sims on a lot, or 3 children per household. I stopped visiting homes with children because in the back of my mind I knew there was nowhere for them to sleep,.

No, The default for EA households is 8 sims. You don't need to change that. You need to change MCCC from producing children autonomously. I think you can do that by going into the pregnancy module in MCCC. Use the computer object to change the settings in MCCC. I know I set mines to 0 because I got tired of sims having children with random people in the world. To clear out my world of random children, I would have unwanted children "forget everyone" so they would go missing in the family tree and then I delete the Sims using MCCC.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member

Mayhap there's a language barrier here?

The default is just that - the base setting it starts with. The people above were telling you how to change that setting to a different value.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
    SnaveXs wrote: »

No, The default for EA households is 8 sims. You don't need to change that. You need to change MCCC from producing children autonomously. I think you can do that by going into the pregnancy module in MCCC. Use the computer object to change the settings in MCCC. I know I set mines to 0 because I got tired of sims having children with random people in the world. To clear out my world of random children, I would have unwanted children "forget everyone" so they would go missing in the family tree and then I delete the Sims using MCCC.

I want them to have children, but no more than 2 per home.
    Jyotai wrote: »

Mayhap there's a language barrier here?

The default is just that - the base setting it starts with. The people above were telling you how to change that setting to a different value.

They are telling me to either have no random children or no random marriages. Neither of which I want. I want Alexander Goth to grow up and live in the house he was born in to extend the Goth legacy and keep his ancestral home even if I don't play with the Goth family.