Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play Seasons more on holidays?

I think seasons has to be one of my top expansions it adds depth and changes the game entirely. I could have a break from the sims but find myself going on to play every holiday Halloween (wish more content like the free holiday download we had moons ago), Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. it adds to the spirit. Am I the only weirdo that plays more during holidays?

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don’t necessarily play more often. I play holidays throughout my game, but I do like to time Sim holidays to be close to my own. Sometimes I have to cheat the weather and play with the calendar to do it, but I do it anyway.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I don't remove my expansion packs, so I play Seasons every time I play the game. :open_mouth: If you're suggesting that you're more drawn to play during the 'holiday' seasons, then I have no idea how many others play that way. Doesn't make you a weirdo, so to speak. To each his own, you know?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I play about the same during holidays as I do when it isn't a holiday.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    I don’t necessarily play more often. I play holidays throughout my game, but I do like to time Sim holidays to be close to my own. Sometimes I have to cheat the weather and play with the calendar to do it, but I do it anyway.

It's cute when that happens, but I feel it's also kind of rare that they would happen close. I'm approaching winterfest in my game now (kind of early). Though I actually can't play sims at all during christmas because I travel away from my computer. Overall holidays don't really affect how intensely I play.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I leave the Seasons running and play them whenever it is time in the game. It's not connected to real life but holidays and winter weather do mean more time to play. There isn't a strict rule though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I like to play out holidays on my game too. I do tend to play more during holidays though its because of work/off time. I tend to have more free time during holidays so I play more games.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    I play more during holidays because I don't have to work as much B)

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I always play with seasons in my game, the holidays don't change that. The holidays in my game don't necessarily match real life holidays. Some years around Christmas I like to take a few screenshots of Christmas in the sims.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I couldn't play without seasons though real world holidays I may make a new family or build based on the holiday or post more pictures of my sims celebrating than normal.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have Seasons installed and play as they show up in my saves. The irl seasons have no impact on how often I play. I play the games as a way to relieve stress.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I take the seasons and holidays as they come. It doesn’t matter what time of year it is IRL. I can enjoy them whenever, as long as they’re not back-to-back - like if I have 7-day seasons I’ll just use my favorites/must haves. It’s not quite like actually celebrating or eating the foods I associate with those times. There’s no smell sensation which is a big part of real holidays for me.
    The only possible weird thing I do is I try to keep that flow seamless for each family so they don’t skip or repeat them. It takes extra planning while playing rotationally.
  • Options
    HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    I think it has an influence on my gameplay. I did buy the Spooky Stuff kit this year during October so I could decorate my house for Halloween. So no, not weird, but awesome!
  • Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    I love holidays in the sims. I have a fair amount of custom/made up holidays for my sims to celebrate so they typically have at least one holiday a week. I like to play with 2 week seasons so my sims have time to enjoy each of them. I love when a holiday irl matches up with a holiday in game, I’m sure at least one of my families will be celebrating harvestfest this Thursday 🥰🦃
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Holidays come around so often in a normal-paced game that they tend to lose their oomph. It might be better with long seasons.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I play Seasons with my real life season. For example, when it's Winter in real life I make sure it's Winter in my Sims 4.
    I also use the Weather Machine to advance & go back to my current season to make it longer than 28 sims days. ;)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Whenever a major holiday rolls around irl, my favorite sims celebrate that, too. That doesn't stop them from celebrating the same holiday throughout the year depending on what time it is in their world. But I certainly put more effort into the sims holidays when they also happen in real life.

I can't say if I will use the Seasons holidays for that purpose in the future, though. Only got the EP today, mainly for the snow.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I don't play my game with real life holidays. I don't decorate or dress my sims for them. I do play their holidays though.

As for having more time to play around the holidays. I actually play less. All of my family lives in my home state, and we usually visit them during the holidays. Add to that the grocery shopping for the holiday meals, and gift shopping, I play more between the holidays.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I love Seasons and especially the Holidays that came with it! Whenever I am able to play I set up my game with the seasons and holidays. I love holidays in real life and get carried away with decorating for each. I don't play during holidays as I am always too busy preparing for the holiday, cooking and enjoying it with family and friends. With my sims, I make both along with Christmas and New Year's Day so my sims have time to prepare for the holidays and enjoy them. Baking and Father Winter on Christmas Eve, opening presents, grand meal and relaxing Christmas Day. I really love that we are able to make our own holidays in Seasons. So much fun!
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Seasons is probably the expansion I use the most for storytelling and just game play. The calendar comes in handy and is a lot of fun to create your own events. My sims have the traditional school breaks, wedding anniversary events, family events, etc... I feel like when you ask directly about it I can tell you how much I use it, but its also one that just works in the background.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Seasons is my favorite pack, but I don't play it any more during the holidays---instead, it's incorporated into my usual gameplay. Many of the scenarios I create are weather-related
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Unfortunately, my sims seasons never coordinate with my own. Christmas vacay in Komerebi was phenomenal with loads of skiing... in July! Now it's the beginning of Summer and a legacy wedding on the horizon, and I'm wearing sweaters? Maybe with this holiday limited scenario, I can enjoy the holidays at the same time