Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Steam Sale Please

So uh, managment... Can we get a Sims 3 Steam Sale Please?

Like Black Friday or something?

Comments

• uwuthuttyuwuthutty Posts: 1 New Member
    omg literally like i rlly want The Sims 3 Ambitions, 70's, 80's and 90's pack and the Showtime pack but they all cost $20 each. why can The Sims 4 along with its packs go on sale while leave The Sims 3 and its packs without a sale especially on black friday?
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    They used to be quite regularly heavily discounted ($5 a pack) until last year. I suspect it had something to do with it probably stealing sales from TS4.
  • SpookeSpooke Posts: 174 Member
    Yeah they're trying to cram Sims 4 down our throats. Sims 4 is trash compared to Sims 3.
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    Hope there will be some Christmas sales
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited December 2021
    cody6268 wrote: »
    They used to be quite regularly heavily discounted ($5 a pack) until last year. I suspect it had something to do with it probably stealing sales from TS4.

This doesn't make any sense, though. If by lowering prices on Sims3, there was a stampede to buy Sims3 instead of Sims4, it's still making money, and it's making 2021 dollars, for work that is all done and paid for long ago for an investment price that couldn't be matched in today's money. It's literally making new money off a paid-in-full mortgage. Or like a songwriter still making bank from royalties on a song he wrote 20 years ago.

How would people funneling money into a product that is no longer being actively developed or having any money spent on it, be anything but a bonus?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    FYI, this site has nothing to do with Steam. Unless you're just speaking to the Sim Gods in general, then please carry on.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2021
    @KevinL5275 - I've been waiting for someone to point that out. It's not really up to EA (and no one from EA except the forum moderators reads this board anyway) to put products on sale at Steam. It is up to Steam/Valve as they are the reseller, and good luck trying to reach them for anything other than customer support.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    If anyone on this forum promises a Steam sale it would only be vaporware.

:sunglasses::sweat_smile: Sorry.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited December 2021
    ~evil smirk~ I suspect one of the conditions that EA put on Steam with regards to being allowed to "sell Sims 4" was a "non-compete clause" that they couldn't do their $5.99 Sims 3 pack sales any longer. There are conditions like that in business agreements.

So the likelihood of seeing Sims 3 packs on for those cheap prices ever again is probably slim to none. Even EA knows which one the better game is. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    TS3 has gone on sale at Steam since the TS4 rollout, though. It wasn't 85% off like in the past and the sale was very brief, but those interested should put the game and its packs on their watch lists so they don't miss the next one (if there is to be a next one).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    I know this is a Steam thread but just wanted to post there's an Origin sale.

The Sims 3 Sale
    The Sims 3 Starter Pack (Base Game, Late Night, High-End Loft Stuff) – 50% off
    The Sims 3 Expansion Packs – 50% off
    The Sims 3 Stuff Packs – 50% off
    The Sims 3 Worlds – 50% off

https://simscommunity.info/2021/12/21/origin-holiday-sale-save-big-on-the-sims-4-and-the-sims-3-games/
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    In case anyone has missed it, you can buy all the Sims 3 packs, minus Katy Perry, for $66.50 USD, on Steam. Individual packs are only 50% off unfortunately.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I got all 5 packs I was missing for only $17!
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    A Steam promotion with each pack for 50% off has started and goes until January.

What is strange is that Expansion Packs are the same price as Stuff Packs. It was not like that before.

As @Felicity pointed out, you can buy the bundle with everything with an original discount of 65% or higher if you already own something.

I guess that is cheapest way for me to go, but I really don’t care for Showtime or Diesel packs.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
    edited December 2021
    Keiomestre wrote: »
    I guess that is cheapest way for me to go, but I really don’t care for Showtime or Diesel packs.
    If you purchase the bundle, do you really have to install the entire thing? The way these things worked in the past is that you still get the packs as individual programs and can choose which ones to install and when. It's often cheaper to overpurchase and just not use the ones that the player is not interested in.

Personally I really like the Diesel SP as far as SPs go, but of course that's just me. Showtime, meh I can take it or leave it except that it provides for Genies. And bananas. Oh, and dominoes. They always throw things like this into the EPs that makes each one of them vital to some of us, once we experience them. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Just brought Supernatural on Steam.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Keiomestre wrote: »
    If you purchase the bundle, do you really have to install the entire thing?
    Well, yes, I am not one of those people who buy furniture and leave it inside the plastic or box forever, if you get the analogy.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited December 2021
    Hi guys!

Just want to post a link to the entire The Sims 3 (DLC) Collection bundle which is only USD$66.50!!! That's ALL the DLCs at 82% off!!! That's USD$3.50 per DLC!!!

Get it while you can! This has been a rare event lately!!!

The Sims 3 Collection
    https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1247/The_Sims_3_Collection/

PS-I took a closer look at it and it's just the DLCs. The base game is USD$9.99. All together though, it's still a great deal!

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    All dlc currently on sale on steam 🥰
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The complete collection for $56!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Still expensive, even though I need stuff packs only.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    @KevinL5275 - I've been waiting for someone to point that out. It's not really up to EA (and no one from EA except the forum moderators reads this board anyway) to put products on sale at Steam. It is up to Steam/Valve as they are the reseller, and good luck trying to reach them for anything other than customer support.

What makes you believe it's Steam who decides what the price of a game is? It's the game publisher.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    edited December 2021
    garapoes wrote: »

What makes you believe it's Steam who decides what the price of a game is? It's the game publisher.

Logic dictates that the publisher enters into an agreement with an authorized re-seller that sets the suggested pricing and guidelines as to the min and max that the re-seller can charge. But I really don't think the publisher gets to dictate when and how sales happen. This isn't like the prices that are set for Steam by individual and smaller game creators and development studios under the standard contracts that we can all see. EA's agreements with Steam/Valve are not covered by those and are unique.

But this is admittedly my fault for applying logic to the gaming industry, so that was quite foolish of me. It's not like I have inside knowledge or anything like that, so of course I defer to others who do. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    Being blunt here, but Roaring Heights being 19.99$ still feels overpriced to me, no matter how much it stands out to me.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    The complete collection for $56!

Is that still on?! Might buy it for someone!
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg