Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reasonable Computer Options

Hello, I was hoping y'all can give me some reasonable computer (desktop/all in one) options for The Sims 4. My laptop is busted so this seems like a good time to upgrade. I'll only be playing The Sims 4 on it, I have looked around, but with all the options I'm drowning. I'm looking for a windows computer specifically and if you have any advice/ideas I'd love to hear them!

Comments

• CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I'll only be playing The Sims 4 on it

You say that now, but what if you'll want to play the next Sims game on it in the future?
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Don't get an all in one.

For a desktop, something with a graphics card equivalent to a Nvidia GTX 1050ti will be good enough. RAM: Probably 8GB or higher. Processor: Get with a quad core and not dual core. The game uses the processor a lot so I suggest getting a pretty powerful and latest one if you can.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Cororon wrote: »

You say that now, but what if you'll want to play the next Sims game on it in the future?

Given the progress on Sims 4 I don't see myself playing Sims 5. If anything I'd go back to Sims 3 and it's sort of given if it runs Sims 4 it'll run Sims 3 lol.
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Don't get an all in one.

For a desktop, something with a graphics card equivalent to a Nvidia GTX 1050ti will be good enough. RAM: Probably 8GB or higher. Processor: Get with a quad core and not dual core. The game uses the processor a lot so I suggest getting a pretty powerful and latest one if you can.

Thank you! This definitely helps as I was leaning towards an all in one.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Cororon wrote: »

Given the progress on Sims 4 I don't see myself playing Sims 5. If anything I'd go back to Sims 3 and it's sort of given if it runs Sims 4 it'll run Sims 3 lol.

I feel like The SIms 3 is heavier than The Sims 4 honestly. But I'm guessing if you buy pretty good specs that exceed The Sims 4 requirements, you should be able to play The Sims 3.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    6 months ago i bought a lenovo legion 5, with an amd ryzen 4700h, nvidia gtx 1650i, 250gb ssd drive, 8gb ram (i added 8gb more). I bought it for sims 4, one day i tried sims 3, never played 4 again. It runs sims 3 with all eps and stuff packs and the store worlds like a charm.